Website Is Finished! - Now what?

9 replies
Hey Warriors,

I have recently finished off my site: Chinese Recipe Book - The Ultimate Chinese Recipe Book
and started sending some traffic to it, mainly PPC and a little article marketing.

Now the results I have been seeing really aren't that great, of around 200 customers I have had 3 people join my list and no sales. Beginning to feel a little demoralised, should I be? Or should I be persistant and start split testing and trying to push more traffic to it?

This is the first time that I have made a website in dreamweaver and the first time that I have ever created my own prouduct. Although I have been marketing for a while, I have not seen great results, only a few hundred dollars in the last couple of years, but that was affiliate marketing and the margins weren't good.

I guess I just need a little guidance, would be really great if you guys could offer some? Let me know what you think and what you would do in my situation.

Thanks for your time guys!

Fred
#finished #website
  • Profile picture of the author RichardDean
    Originally Posted by Freddie Worrall View Post

    Hey Warriors,

    I have recently finished off my site: Chinese Recipe Book - The Ultimate Chinese Recipe Book
    and started sending some traffic to it, mainly PPC and a little article marketing.

    Now the results I have been seeing really aren't that great, of around 200 customers I have had 3 people join my list and no sales. Beginning to feel a little demoralised, should I be? Or should I be persistant and start split testing and trying to push more traffic to it?

    This is the first time that I have made a website in dreamweaver and the first time that I have ever created my own prouduct. Although I have been marketing for a while, I have not seen great results, only a few hundred dollars in the last couple of years, but that was affiliate marketing and the margins weren't good.

    I guess I just need a little guidance, would be really great if you guys could offer some? Let me know what you think and what you would do in my situation.

    Thanks for your time guys!

    Fred
    Hello,

    Congrats on the site... First thing I see is if it is for collecting names it is too many words... and not laid out very well. but you have a great start.

    If you want to sell the book the site is not lined up correct Just need to polish the format of the text. Your text seems to be all over the place in size the middle so on... Just some format issue.

    Try making the white not so big.

    200 customers I have had 3 people join my list and no sales. Beginning to feel a little demoralised
    Second thing I feel in your words this happens all the time... You read lies from people or over hyped stats...

    Work two minutes and make 10,000.00 type statements...

    So then you start a website and you can't get a sale or sign up... there is a secret to this... Most people LIE about their success they are just trying to sell you on their program.

    How many time have you seen people ask for help and they show you their website and the headline says How to make 2,483.00 in 30 minutes of work.

    For one they must not be following their own system.

    People who have never made a sale have websites tell others how to make sales... this is the problem the blind leading the blind.

    It's not as easy as other make it look it takes hard work and don't give up. Don't believe all these things you read, most of them are lies.

    Recap: Tighten up the format and make the template less wide make it more clear on the sign up better call to action Might add a box around the sign up and make it have a color back ground so it draws people to sign up make bullet points on what they get when they sign up.


    Fix a few of these thing and let us see it again

    Hope this helps and you doing a great job keep it up.

    Richard
    Signature

    5 Minute Mobile Sites... My Next WSO Comming Soon.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5642584].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Freddie Worrall
      Originally Posted by RichardDean View Post

      Hello,

      Congrats on the site... First thing I see is if it is for collecting names it is too many words... and not laid out very well. but you have a great start.

      If you want to sell the book the site is not lined up correct Just need to polish the format of the text. Your text seems to be all over the place in size the middle so on... Just some format issue.

      Try making the white not so big.



      Second thing I feel in your words this happens all the time... You read lies from people or over hyped stats...

      Work two minutes and make 10,000.00 type statements...

      So then you start a website and you can't get a sale or sign up... there is a secret to this... Most people LIE about their success they are just trying to sell you on their program.

      How many time have you seen people ask for help and they show you their website and the headline says How to make 2,483.00 in 30 minutes of work.

      For one they must not be following their own system.

      People who have never made a sale have websites tell others how to make sales... this is the problem the blind leading the blind.

      It's not as easy as other make it look it takes hard work and don't give up. Don't believe all these things you read, most of them are lies.

      Recap: Tighten up the format and make the template less wide make it more clear on the sign up better call to action Might add a box around the sign up and make it have a color back ground so it draws people to sign up make bullet points on what they get when they sign up.


      Fix a few of these thing and let us see it again

      Hope this helps and you doing a great job keep it up.

      Richard
      Hi, thanks, a great post.

      I think your right that I have been somewhat drawn in to IM by the idea of making a lot of money, but in honesty I think that's what brought a lot of us here? It's not all about money for me, it's about the freedom money brings and I think that's something we should all try to appreciate. I would love to start earning properly so that I can expand and be successful at IM because it's something i'm determined to do.

      Anyway, I see what your saying about the background. I think I am going to change it to something a little less intrusive, just a very slight tint of grey maybe? Not sure yet, I will have to have a look through and see what works.

      You seem as though you know what your talking about, so please excuse the questions! It's just nice to be able to ask people; Do you think that it is work me taking the bonus off from this site and giving it away on a squeeze page and then marketing this book and other affiliate products etc through the autoresponder series? Would very much appreciate your opinion! Thankyou!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661579].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stong
    Hey Freddie,

    One simple thing I noticed from a glance: You might want to put some drool-inducing pictures of Chinese food in between the text. As a customer, I think I'd want to see something that makes me go, 'Wow the food looks awesome! I'm kinda hungry... maybe I'll just take a peek at his recipes?'

    I hope that helps - Nothing gets the stomach growling like a good picture of sweet and sour pork!
    Signature
    Need a writer? Click here to get content that you'd be proud to have...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5642622].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Freddie Worrall
      Originally Posted by stong View Post

      Hey Freddie,

      One simple thing I noticed from a glance: You might want to put some drool-inducing pictures of Chinese food in between the text. As a customer, I think I'd want to see something that makes me go, 'Wow the food looks awesome! I'm kinda hungry... maybe I'll just take a peek at his recipes?'

      I hope that helps - Nothing gets the stomach growling like a good picture of sweet and sour pork!
      Thankyou, I think this is a great idea! Will make sure to do that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5661583].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ScouterGuy
    I agree with the comments from stong and RichardDean. Just wanted to add another small suggestion, perhaps you could add a different purchase button? I suggest using a button layout like this: belcherbutton.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5642670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author situ08
    You need to add picture with the started text and I think you have written too early that " We protect your privacy". I think that form should be removed. And must be placed in the end.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5642725].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Carlton Johnson
    Well done and sticking with it Freddie and in becoming a product creator.

    If you have only made a few hundred dollars in a a couple of years in IM then I would go gently with paying for ads because you might be losing a lot of money.

    Focus on the conversion side of things and improve that.

    You might want to do a radical split test such as sending some traffic to the sales page and sending some others to a squeeze page and then on the thank-you page of the squeeze page show them your sales page.

    Also, you might need to start to do some research on where the best places are to get traffic for this type of book are?

    If you are not an expert in PPC then finding the best free places to get targeted traffic for your niche is a good option.

    Just because you are a product creator now does not mean your margins will be any better, especially if you are buying traffic and you have no affiliates on board.

    Congratulations again on persevering. Don't give up, but don't keep doing the same things if they are not working.

    Test and improve.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5662087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author steven sanderson
    Hi there

    Firstly i would recommend you change the title, i visited your site with an open mind as a person searching for Chinese food info

    "MY FRIENDS LAUGHED WHEN I TOLD THEM I COULD COOK CHINESE" !!!!!

    These words instantly told me that you were not a specialist in this area, but maybe a very good non qualified chef, maybe a good house husband who can cook Chinese Food well !!

    At this point i was off in search of what i was looking for "SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE"

    Now please do not mistake my words here, i am sure you are a specialist in Chinese cooking, but what i am trying to say is do not be afraid to make claims of your expertise.

    You require a title that makes me think WOW, NOW THIS GUY CAN COOK, IM IN !!

    Remember you probably have around 3 seconds to grab the attention of the person who is on your site, that's it, 3 seconds ok

    Getting peoples attention is the greatest resource in the world today remember.

    Find a catchy heading that grabs like.....

    "DISCOVER INSIDE SECRETS OF CHINESE COOKING THAT ARE GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOUR GUESTS COMING BACK FOR MORE"

    Then go out and get some testimonials and make sure they are from Chinese people

    Also give give and give some more ok, people love freebies, especially when you over deliver, they will leave there mark for an over delivered freebie and you will build instant street cred along the way

    Get them on your list and away you go, the rest is Chinese Chopsticks

    All the very best to you
    Steven
    Signature
    [RAVE REVIEWS] WSO - THIS MAY JUST BE THE BEST INVESTMENT YOU EVER MAKE !!

    DON'T BELIEVE ME, CLICK THE LINK AND SEE FOR YOURSELF http://www.warriorplus.com/wso/view/40365
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5662572].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Freddie Worrall
      Originally Posted by steven sanderson View Post

      Hi there

      Firstly i would recommend you change the title, i visited your site with an open mind as a person searching for Chinese food info

      "MY FRIENDS LAUGHED WHEN I TOLD THEM I COULD COOK CHINESE" !!!!!

      These words instantly told me that you were not a specialist in this area, but maybe a very good non qualified chef, maybe a good house husband who can cook Chinese Food well !!

      At this point i was off in search of what i was looking for "SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE"

      Now please do not mistake my words here, i am sure you are a specialist in Chinese cooking, but what i am trying to say is do not be afraid to make claims of your expertise.

      You require a title that makes me think WOW, NOW THIS GUY CAN COOK, IM IN !!

      Remember you probably have around 3 seconds to grab the attention of the person who is on your site, that's it, 3 seconds ok

      Getting peoples attention is the greatest resource in the world today remember.

      Find a catchy heading that grabs like.....

      "DISCOVER INSIDE SECRETS OF CHINESE COOKING THAT ARE GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOUR GUESTS COMING BACK FOR MORE"

      Then go out and get some testimonials and make sure they are from Chinese people

      Also give give and give some more ok, people love freebies, especially when you over deliver, they will leave there mark for an over delivered freebie and you will build instant street cred along the way

      Get them on your list and away you go, the rest is Chinese Chopsticks

      All the very best to you
      Steven
      Thankyou for the reply my friend! Appreciate it. I have made a reviewed version of the site, I can make it live now if you guys would be kind enough to look at it for me and let me know what you think of my improvements (well I hope they are improvements ). I have changed the title because I agree it's not claiming enough of shocking anyone!

      One more thing, you seem like a good guy and good at IM too. Do you think that I should take the 'Bonus book' away and put it on a squeeze page as a giveaway and then market to that list? Then further down the line try to sell them this book?

      Please let me know your thoughts, i'm sure you understand they are valuable!

      Thanks,
      Freddie
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5662642].message }}

Trending Topics