by Ashish Poonia Banned
17 replies
I am new as Internet marketing,I was suggested that i should have a blog to start my business.
Recently I created a blog.Now the question comes How to earn money from this blog.
Thanks for the help.
  • Profile picture of the author MatthewNeer
    Add great content. Blog everyday if you can. That will bring traffic.

    Then you can monetize with AdSense or banner ads.

    If your blog were military rations, your ads would be the "Just add water part"
    Signature
    Three (3) Income Streams DFY
    New FREE Website Builds Your List
    And Earns From 3 Income Streams
    http://ListLeverage.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5941777].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ashish Poonia
      Banned
      Originally Posted by MatthewNeer View Post

      Add great content. Blog everyday if you can. That will bring traffic.

      Then you can monetize with AdSense or banner ads.

      If your blog were military rations, your ads would be the "Just add water part"
      I tried with adsense but it didn't approve my blog.Is there any better alternative to adsense.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5941853].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tony Marriott
        Originally Posted by Ashish Poonia View Post

        I tried with adsense but it didn't approve my blog.Is there any better alternative to adsense.
        I think you would be better trying to get your foundations laid.

        I don't know what your blog is about but if AdSense will not approve it then (in general terms) Google are not happy with it.

        It does not make any sense to simply "try something else". Think of the refusal as advice and try and see what they do not like your blog.

        I's very easy to get approved for AdSense if you simply follow the Guidelines and Policies

        Bottom line is you will need Google in some form or other to promote your blog even if just in the search results.

        Get friendly with Google now it will pay dividends

        Hack them off now and your only solution will be buying traffic
        (yesI know facebook, twitter, pinterest, stumbleupon, etc etc -but you get my drift)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5943460].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adrian Int
      Originally Posted by MatthewNeer View Post

      Add great content.
      Matthew is on the money.

      Keep providing great content! Do it on a consistent basis, and if your blog is still new build up a good foundation of posts by blogging every day.

      If you can't do Adsense, you can also try promoting related products/services that you feel are a worthwhile investment for someone in this market.

      ie: if you blog about cars, see if you can find a good car parts eCommerce store with an affiliate program and promote that (softsell it) on your blog.


      Cheers,
      -Adrian
      Signature
      ATTENTION: Improve your list building. Free report and mp3
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5941873].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Ashish Poonia
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Adrian Int View Post

        Matthew is on the money.

        Keep providing great content! Do it on a consistent basis, and if your blog is still new build up a good foundation of posts by blogging every day.

        If you can't do Adsense, you can also try promoting related products/services that you feel are a worthwhile investment for someone in this market.

        ie: if you blog about cars, see if you can find a good car parts eCommerce store with an affiliate program and promote that (softsell it) on your blog.


        Cheers,
        -Adrian
        I think I should start with clickbank and start promoting the products on my blog.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5941958].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tadresources
    The most important part is to deliver high quality, consistent content. You can also monetize your site through various means, such as adsense, and build a level of trust with your readers, which is a huge plus in online commerce.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942034].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    There are probably to100's of posts that answer your question, use the search function.
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942133].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ashish Poonia
      Banned
      Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

      There are probably to100's of posts that answer your question, use the search function.
      I didn't find any!!:p
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942396].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JeremiahSay
        Originally Posted by Ashish Poonia View Post

        I didn't find any!!:p
        Oh no, you have mistaken, search harder.. there are really tons of valuable information on how you can make money from your blog.. Personally i think you should really work hard on your blog (if you really want it to do well):

        Add unique and informative content to your blog on a consistent basis..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942440].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Sign up for Blogger, throw Google Adsense and Clickbank products on it, and post everyday. Also, drive traffic to your blog using free methods. You'll have a 100% free business this way.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942471].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ashish Poonia
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      Sign up for Blogger, throw Google Adsense and Clickbank products on it, and post everyday. Also, drive traffic to your blog using free methods. You'll have a 100% free business this way.
      I signed up for blogger but adsense didn't approve me
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942538].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Troy_Phillips
    I must disagree with Randall on this one. Blogger is a feeder or satellite site .. not a main money site .. always control your money site .. as in .. you own the domain and have it self hosted somewhere other than the place you bought the domain.

    Adding fresh SEO content every day is not a bad idea but it is a long term strategy. This is not a method that will normally start paying you in the next 30 days or so. Add the content daily but DO NOT count on this for initial traffic.

    If it were me ...

    Go over to Get Response and get a 30 day free version of their autoresponder. Set up squeeze pages (on the back end of your blog)offering free bait that is relevant to your niche. Give the crowd a taste of what they want.

    Not knowing the niche kind of slows down what I can tell you to do from here but ....

    Hot reports sell well in almost every niche. Make and put those hot reports on JV Zoo and offer 100% commissions on them. This will build that list big in no time. Use an oto or upsell to make money yourself with initially.

    Start hanging out where the super affiliates hang out (you are already in a great place). Figure out the ones you would like to do business with and contact them in a business like manner.

    Do a Google search and find your competition ... contact them and let them know you have a product relative to their site and 1: see if they have a list they would like to send your offer to at 100% .. 2: Discuss a media buy with them or better yet .. use the media buy as more of a trade and let the banner or whatever point to the 100% deal you are offering.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942540].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ashish Poonia
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Troy_Phillips View Post

      I must disagree with Randall on this one. Blogger is a feeder or satellite site .. not a main money site .. always control your money site .. as in .. you own the domain and have it self hosted somewhere other than the place you bought the domain.

      Adding fresh SEO content every day is not a bad idea but it is a long term strategy. This is not a method that will normally start paying you in the next 30 days or so. Add the content daily but DO NOT count on this for initial traffic.

      If it were me ...

      Go over to Get Response and get a 30 day free version of their autoresponder. Set up squeeze pages (on the back end of your blog)offering free bait that is relevant to your niche. Give the crowd a taste of what they want.

      Not knowing the niche kind of slows down what I can tell you to do from here but ....

      Hot reports sell well in almost every niche. Make and put those hot reports on JV Zoo and offer 100% commissions on them. This will build that list big in no time. Use an oto or upsell to make money yourself with initially.

      Start hanging out where the super affiliates hang out (you are already in a great place). Figure out the ones you would like to do business with and contact them in a business like manner.

      Do a Google search and find your competition ... contact them and let them know you have a product relative to their site and 1: see if they have a list they would like to send your offer to at 100% .. 2: Discuss a media buy with them or better yet .. use the media buy as more of a trade and let the banner or whatever point to the 100% deal you are offering.
      Really great information,thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942601].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author addyj672
    Select the niche on which you will work and do the blog posting. After blog posting you need to get more and more visitors to that blog. It will require you to do search engine optimization of blog and similarly you also need to do social media optimization. Both these technique have good amount of traffic which you can get to your blog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942705].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chenkev
    It's really not hard to get approved by AdSense (unless you've previously been banned of course). Especially if you're applying through blogger.

    Just pick any family safe topic and write 2 or 3 ORIGINAL posts of VALUE.

    That's all it took when I first started.
    Signature
    ---> From $0 to $200 a Day with EASY Google Rankings <---
    WSO Special DIMSALE
    -----> EXTREMELY Low Competition Keywords with HIGH Traffic+CPC <-----
    Brand New AdSense Site with Only TWO Posts Makes $10/Day!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5942744].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ashish Poonia
      Banned
      Originally Posted by chenkev View Post

      It's really not hard to get approved by AdSense (unless you've previously been banned of course). Especially if you're applying through blogger.

      Just pick any family safe topic and write 2 or 3 ORIGINAL posts of VALUE.

      That's all it took when I first started.
      But I think Adsense has changed its policies and they didn't approve easily!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5943421].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lightlysalted
    1. Create high quality content. If you don't want to write it yourself then try some of the excellent article content writers here at Warrior Fourms

    2. Build back links from sites in a similar niche to your own.

    I've written any article that might help you get started called How To Make Money Blogging It talks through the various stages and gives you an idea of potentail earning capacity.

    3. Set yourself a 5 year plan. Don't give up on any site after a year, you need to invest time energy and money into it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5943482].message }}

Trending Topics