Clickbank Product Launches Way Down Last Year Or So Whats Up?

28 replies
Has anyone elso noticed this? ( Internet marketing MMO niche ) Did they run out of ideas

Or too many other options nowadays wso's, jvzoo, rapbank, just too name a few...

Product creators are still coming out with new launches it is just not anywhere near the magnitude it used to be.....

What are your thoughts on this?
#clickbank #launches #product #slow #year
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Maybe it's because there is a lot more money to be made from releasing small and cheaper products on a regular basis rather than spending a whole year preparing a big product launch that makes a lot of money but the majority of that money disappears to affiliates and refunds.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6113438].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Thomas
    because these launches (MMO) are far too overdone and have lost their luster
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6113866].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 0oo0
    Because they don't feel like going to jail with all these new laws and regulations.

    It's hard to sell junk when you can't blatantly lie.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6113959].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author entrepreneurjay
    lol good points and I agree with all of them.
    Signature

    Free Quick Start Guide To Creating A Profitable High Converting Sales Funnel That Makes Money. http://jaysonlinereviews.com/go/free...-sales-funnel/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6114513].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul nicholls
    theres lots more other platforms available now as you say jay

    clickbank is so 2009 lol

    i never have liked click bank much anyway :-)

    paul
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6114806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WebPen
    I don't think Clickbank is going away, even though it does have more competition now like JVZoo and DigiResults.

    But besides marketers being tired of huge launches, I think the FTC has a much closer eye on those big launches than they would little ones on the WF for example.

    I was listening to something from Ryan Lee last night- he still likes Clickbank, though. Truth About Abs is still on CB, as well as a lot of other successful products.

    The fact that CB handles refunds and you aren't at risk from PayPal shutting you down is huge.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6115324].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chri5123
    I think changes to Clickbank's terms and the FTC rules may have had something to do with this.

    Or maybe they are just moving to different platforms.

    You are right though - I have not seen quite as many.

    Chris
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6115340].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kunj K
    It's got nothing to do with Clickbank lol!

    Like my friend above said "It's hard to sell junk when you can't blatantly lie."

    Here's why:

    1) FTC/Clickbank enforced tight rules about testimonials/actors/claims.
    2) Clickbank don't approve products now, they are very harsh.
    3) Ridiculously high refund rates due to crappy offers, couldn't pay JV prizes lmao.
    4) People get tired of emails saying "You have a new sale!" or "E-Ticket notification" then sending them to a MMO salesletter.

    And my favorite...

    5) They all ran out of combinations of these product names:

    Auto
    Profit
    Robot
    Massive
    Traffic
    Mass
    Rapid
    Money
    Commissions

    The combinations that can be made from these words are finite.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6117875].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author entrepreneurjay
    The refunds are almost non existent on a lot of my instant commission networks. With Clickbank that's another story altogether.

    I only promote a hand full of products from there that I know personally are very good products ( Everything else in the im - mmo niche on clickbank im staying away from )

    This will keep your refunds way down. Make sure your promoting quality products.
    Signature

    Free Quick Start Guide To Creating A Profitable High Converting Sales Funnel That Makes Money. http://jaysonlinereviews.com/go/free...-sales-funnel/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6117928].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kengperapol
    There are very few legit MMO products on Clickbank. Some claim that people will make money fast, which is not true. Success can't be made overnight.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6117935].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by entrepreneurjay View Post

    Has anyone elso noticed this? ( Internet marketing MMO niche )
    Originally Posted by entrepreneurjay View Post

    What are your thoughts on this?
    Many involved in these markets (neither is by any stretch of the imagination a "niche") are increasingly realising some sort of combination of two main things, I think ...

    (i) ClickBank acceptance criteria for new products in these markets have significantly changed on two occasions over the last year, with the result that the scammy, earnings-claimy, non-FTC-complianty sales pages much typically beloved by such vendors are now being declined left, right and center, ("center" being perhaps the worst, for them);

    (ii) Comparatively few serious, professional affiliates are willing even to look at products in those markets, because a significant proportion of their prospective buyers are themselves already ClickBank affiliates, and obviously one would be a little naive not to ask oneself why such a customer should buy such a product through another affiliate's hoplink rather than though his own (especially with ClickBank openly allowing this) - so this also strongly dissuades vendors of such products who have thought it through from using ClickBank.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6117987].message }}
    • I've noticed this too, and I like it tbh.

      It would be awesome if they ditched the MMO category altogether.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6118040].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DireStraits
        Originally Posted by GoodnightSweetRatRace View Post

        It would be awesome if they ditched the MMO category altogether.
        Hell no, bruddah.

        These IM/MMO products are a sinkhole for gravity. Well, not gravity itself but what it usually represents: competition.

        If that category and all products within it disappeared into the ether, more affiliates might wake up and see that there's a whole world on CB beyond what they previously realised. Better to have them, like the customers they serve, lured helplessly by the promise of burning neon on seedy sales-pages.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6120839].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Manoj V
    Some of the above posts have implied this already - that Clickbank is now serious about weeding out fraudulent products. Besides, a vast majority of internet marketers are Warriors who would prefer to launch an IM product here(first) rather than at Clickbank. Others like JVZoo and Rapbank have further eroded Clickbank's vendor base by offering flexibility that Clickbank has not been able to offer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6118139].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TamilYoung
    True, I recently saw some of the great JV Launches moved to Clicksure from Clickbank!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6118245].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alexgold87
    I think that IM society deserves better services like CJ, CB, RapBank and etc. And we have to do something with refunds, because it comes down to "buy product, request a refund and enjoy it for free". Internet Marketers need some protection of free stuff lovers.

    Less junk place for product launch is WF, because there is a solid society and in a case of rubbish product you will get none/few sales only.

    So, my choice is WF.
    Signature
    Pinghall - Real-Time Website Monitor.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6120465].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mighty
    The IM niche is oversaturated with nonsense, this year I have seen lots refunds refunds refunds... They are not just delivering on their sales page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6120530].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tylerfred
    Wow, I used to promote product launches but now a days I am staying clear from them. I haven't noticed many launches lately either... good observation..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6120652].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brandon Sean
    Clickbank Product Launches Way Down Last Year Or So Whats Up?

    People are shifting to other 3rd party payment methods! MMO product type launches will never die.. Don't get the impression that MMO launches are losing its flare because of reduced product launches on clickbank

    Some vendors just dont like the 60 day moneyback guarantee. I personally have 2 clickbank products listed on the Clickbank marketplace (Not in the MMO niche) and i know for a fact that the refund rates are waay lower for non MMO niches.

    So if i were to promote non im products , i'd go with clickbank. But if i had a product on the MMO niche.. no way on earth i will promote it on clickbank now with all the available 3rd party payment

    -Brandon
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6133565].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marketinguk
    Not only are there less big launches on Clickbank, but a lot of previously successful products have been sold on flippa towards the end of 2011 beginning of 2012. Even the last couple of days, Blogging to the bank was put up for sale waiting for a decent offer.
    However, all the points above are worthy and valid.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6133633].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alexgold87
    In short - MMO will never die.
    Signature
    Pinghall - Real-Time Website Monitor.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6133817].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DannyFikes
      Originally Posted by alexgold87 View Post

      In short - MMO will never die.
      Ever.

      Strictly from a marketing perspective (not saying I don't agree with what's been said above about FTC, etc) - I think 2 things are happening:

      1. The 'gurus' have been trying out other business models, sales funnels and product formats. They don't want to be creating new products forever. Once they have a good front, mid and back end, why not maximize that instead of building a whole new one every few months?

      2. Because these 'gurus' were really good at making this MMO stuff sound easy, and because almost EVERYBODY has the internet these days. The barrier to entry is so small that there are tons more 'gurus' now than there was just a couple years ago. You can no longer name the top 'gurus' on both hands. Launches are definitely still happening, but it's not the 5 or 10 HUGE gurus anymore, it's the 50 or 100 semi-large gurus.

      No one person can completely take over a market anymore...without changing the game and doing something REALLY different. It's possible...but there ain't no 'paint-by-numbers' course out there that will do it for you

      That's my take
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6133914].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Bruce NewMedia
        Originally Posted by DannyFikes View Post

        Ever.

        Strictly from a marketing perspective (not saying I don't agree with what's been said above about FTC, etc) - I think 2 things are happening:

        1. The 'gurus' have been trying out other business models, sales funnels and product formats. They don't want to be creating new products forever. Once they have a good front, mid and back end, why not maximize that instead of building a whole new one every few months?

        2. Because these 'gurus' were really good at making this MMO stuff sound easy, and because almost EVERYBODY has the internet these days. The barrier to entry is so small that there are tons more 'gurus' now than there was just a couple years ago. You can no longer name the top 'gurus' on both hands. Launches are definitely still happening, but it's not the 5 or 10 HUGE gurus anymore, it's the 50 or 100 semi-large gurus.

        No one person can completely take over a market anymore...without changing the game and doing something REALLY different. It's possible...but there ain't no 'paint-by-numbers' course out there that will do it for you

        That's my take
        100% Agree. Thats a solid take on what's probably happening. Just look how rare it is to get a slew of emails from the IM big gurus anymore, all promoting the same thing.

        ...unless Frank Kern is your cousin, it's not happening.
        _____
        Bruce
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6136100].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KoryC
    Lately, I don't like to promote clickbank products as it take longer time for me to get my commission. Whereas, I prefer to promote WSO ......it pays to my paypal. Now I know why clickbank down.....
    Signature
    The long awaited "Inbox Cash Insult Report" is finally ready. Get your copy now, CLICK HERE!


    Interested to join make money community, JOIN HERE!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6133991].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheSalesBooster
    How many times can you rehash garbage? 99% of those MMO products are all the same. just rewritten differently.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6136112].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vendor-Lock
    Originally Posted by entrepreneurjay View Post

    Has anyone elso noticed this? ( Internet marketing MMO niche ) Did they run out of ideas

    Or too many other options nowadays wso's, jvzoo, rapbank, just too name a few...

    Product creators are still coming out with new launches it is just not anywhere near the magnitude it used to be.....

    What are your thoughts on this?

    I have seen an increase in paypal checkout pages vs. clickbank in the past year.

    I think many marketers are using other payment processors to save money on fees.

    There are also other marketplaces coming into the scene so,
    that may be having a drain effect as well.
    Signature

    See why Hundreds of Warrior Forum Members are using this! ==>Get Yours NOW CLICK HERE <==
    Rave Reviews From Warriors Using This Service For Years Now ! Full Autoresponder/Hosting Done For You! Read for Yourself !

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6136124].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HX3MEDIA
    I'm new here but well seasoned in this space.. Clickbank is going to be around a long time to come.. Yes the new regulations by the FTC changed things but I feel Clickbank finally took matters in their own hands and, finally cleaning up the Garbage..

    Ive been a IM for 6 years and seen and been apart of hundreds of launches, I used to get excited to chase that prize, but now I realize that the long term value of my list is much more valuable..

    You can't build trust with your list by sending them a different product everyday thats better than the last. Why not get a refund, if the person sold me the greatest thing then, 2 days later WOW this is better.. and so on.. We as Marketers do it to ourselves..

    In conclusion it boils down to the rules, and the way Social Media affects traffic.. It makes us have to start back with the basics.. LIST BUILDING, and Building Trust with our Followers!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6143031].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeff Hampton
      You can get a very good idea about what's going on with Clickbank by looking at the stats in Alexa.com.

      Search Alexa for Clickbank.com. Click on the "Get Details" button.

      Just above the graph, click on the "Reach" button. Then under the graph, set the time frame to max.

      You will notice that Clickbank's reach had been steadily growing, but then about May 2011 it took a huge hit -- about 50% -- from which it has not recovered.

      Now, where it says "Compare Clickbank.com to" in one of the boxes, enter WarriorForum.com and click "Compare."

      You will see that at the EXACT same moment that Clickbank took this huge hit, the Warrior Forum had a huge spike. They switched places almost instantly, and have stayed that way.

      But I suspect there's another big change in the works. Right now, a lot of WSO affiliates would LOVE to use any platform that does not involve Paypal. Even Clickbank.

      This is because, as far as Paypal is concerned, the affiliate is responsible for any problems related to the vendor. One of the forums biggest WSO vendors lost her Paypal account solely because of problems related to 1 affiliate product that she had promoted.

      One of the biggest WSO launches of the past month used the Clickbank platform. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of this.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6190074].message }}

Trending Topics