I started an online business years ago without really knowing much about IM. In spite of my ignorance, I managed to create a profitable business that brings me a steady monthly income.
At some point the business plateaued and I started exploring online to try and figure out how to get more traffic and of course inevitably started learning more about SEO, IM and what not.
I am now ready to take the plunge and start learning as much as possible to do two things:
1) Apply the new knowledge to my current business to bring in more customers
2) Start creating new revenue streams online
I am a technology geek in real life, so I'm not worried about the technical stuff. It is the marketing stuff that is difficult for me.
So a few questions:
1) How to find a good niche? The material I've found/read to date does a really poor job of demonstrating a framework for this.
2) Driving traffic to a site seems easy. Driving targeted traffic to a site seems difficult (especially if you don't already have relationships/lists).
3) Best courses for a newbie (but a technically savvy newbie)?
4) Let's pretend I have a budget of $500/month to work with. What approach would you take to creating profitable business? How many? How often?
Thanks for any and all help!