...How about an exclusive $5 WSO section? :)

42 replies
Just an idea. Not sure if its a great one, but it could be.

We all know $5 is famous. It started with fiverr. Many sites started a $10 or $20 service too but fiverr is the leader in such type of business.

I feel that there is something powerful about $5. Psychologically, it is not 'costly' and yet if you can sell enough widgets for $5, you can make some descent amount of money and not just that, you get buyers into your list.

So I was thinking how nice it would be to have a $5 WSO section where every WSO is offered at $5, nothing more, nothing less. It would be a level playing field. A good place to find great ideas for 5 bucks and also a great place for sellers to sell their front end offers.

[Shield ON!] Ready for criticism :p
#great #idea
  • Profile picture of the author shadowarrior
    Awesome idea!

    Would like to see a $5 section here @ warriorforum,but there are already members here who
    regulary sell their new WSO´s @ that price...give or take....and if you´re fast enough ,you could get some excellent information for pennies....wich is a steal in my opinion!

    But yeah....a section where anything offered costs $5 would be nice!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6327136].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TomasFH
    I also think it's a great idea as a lot of marketers tend to be going for the $5 price - the section would easily target those who only want to spend that fiver ..
    Signature

    Take a look at Michael Cheney's Millionaire Warrior Coaching program + BONUSES :

    http://www.become-an-internet-market...h-bonuses.html

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6327219].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fedor50
    Originally Posted by Deepak Media View Post

    Just an idea. Not sure if its a great one, but it could be.

    We all know $5 is famous. It started with fiverr. Many sites started a $10 or $20 service too but fiverr is the leader in such type of business.

    I feel that there is something powerful about $5. Psychologically, it is not 'costly' and yet if you can sell enough widgets for $5, you can make some descent amount of money and not just that, you get buyers into your list.

    So I was thinking how nice it would be to have a $5 WSO section where every WSO is offered at $5, nothing more, nothing less. It would be a level playing field. A good place to find great ideas for 5 bucks and also a great place for sellers to sell their front end offers.

    [Shield ON!] Ready for criticism :p
    I think that's an awesome idea. It can help people who are on a budget but who still want to purchase WSO's.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6327385].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Raydal
    And what would be the payment model for the forum?

    Would it be still $40 for posting and bumping, or $1 for
    each sale like Fiverr?

    What about rankings and ratings? I don't think it's as
    simple as having a $5 section.

    -Ray Edwards
    Signature
    The most powerful and concentrated copywriting training online today bar none! Autoresponder Writing Email SECRETS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6327392].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Deepak Media
      Originally Posted by Raydal View Post

      And what would be the payment model for the forum?

      Would it be still $40 for posting and bumping, or $1 for
      each sale like Fiverr?

      What about rankings and ratings? I don't think it's as
      simple as having a $5 section.

      -Ray Edwards
      Some possible rules can be

      $10 posting fee
      $10 bump

      Other rules same as main WSO section.

      People trying new ideas can use this section. They can see whether the market accepts it. It can be a minimum viable product. Once it clicks, they can make a premium product in the main WSO section.

      What's so complicated in having a $5 section? Can you elaborate?
      Signature
      Digital Marketing Author | Speaker | Consultant

      Read my Blog: DigitalDeepak.com

      @ Bangalore, India.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6327442].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrick Batty
    It's a darned good idea.
    I'm actually doing the odd free wso.. so $5 sounds pretty good. ;.)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6327469].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tim Franklin
    Well since its a set price service, it would not have to be the same business model as the WSO, it would be something different, requiring a different approach.
    Signature
    Software Development | Applications | OSX | iOS | Android | Cloud Software Engineering |
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6327494].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul nicholls
    good idea

    perhaps make it so its only a $5 WSO and thats it and don`t allow any back end stuff like OTO`s etc

    i personally have nothing against OTO`s but i think a section with just a $5 price tag and nothing else and no other upsells would work well

    after all.... the seller is still building his/her buyers list and making money

    paul
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6327530].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rprieto60
      Originally Posted by paul nicholls View Post

      good idea

      perhaps make it so its only a $5 WSO and thats it and don`t allow any back end stuff like OTO`s etc

      i personally have nothing against OTO`s but i think a section with just a $5 price tag and nothing else and no other upsells would work well

      after all.... the seller is still building his/her buyers list and making money

      paul
      I agree with you Paul. A section like this would be a great way for Warriors to build a list and fund some of their additional marketing costs. OTO's could have an adverse effect a section of the forum specifically targeted to those on a beer budget,
      Signature

      Want to know the fastest way to $10k per month? Free webinar shows how- http://bit.ly/2IazUb7

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6329277].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WillR
        Originally Posted by rprieto60 View Post

        I agree with you Paul. A section like this would be a great way for Warriors to build a list and fund some of their additional marketing costs. OTO's could have an adverse effect a section of the forum specifically targeted to those on a beer budget,
        No one is stopping you from running a $5 WSO any day of the week. Go for it. But we don't need a section dedicated to just one price point though... it's a bit silly. All it would do is attract a lot of the riff raff from sites like fiverr... and we don't need that.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6329401].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Kay King
          People trying new ideas can use this section. They can see whether the market accepts it. It can be a minimum viable product. Once it clicks, they can make a premium product in the main WSO section.
          That sentence got my attention. I find many WSO's these days are "minimum viable products" to begin with.

          Until the past couple of years, the WSO section was used as a market testing place for new products being sold to the general internet user. Today most WSO's are created only to sell as a WSO - I've seen very few that could be successfully launched outside the WF.

          I don't think this is about selling $5 products - it's wanting a cheaper ad price. You can sell your $5 product any time you want here - but you have to pay to play. If you can't sell eight copies to cover a $40 ad cost, you don't have much of a product to begin with.

          Such a section would be flooded with "free" list building WSOs - and most of those seem to flood the resulting list with WSO affiliate links. Not a great plan but seems to be popular.

          kay
          Signature
          Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

          You should always be yourself...unless you can be a Unicorn. Then you should always be a Unicorn.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6329510].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author crosshairs
    Love this idea. I wonder though what it might do to traffic in the general WSO section
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6327540].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
    Main Internet Marketing Discussion Forum
    Where We Talk About Making Money

    Your idea may or may not stick. It does have merit. However, since this can also be accomplished the normal WSO section then it may be more of a burden for the moderators to police two sections when one section already serves the purpose.

    My suggestion are:

    1) Keep it real.. $5 period!

    2) The offer must be available elsewhere outside the Warrior Forum for a significantly higher price, i.e. website. In other words this must be a Special Offer available to Warriors.

    2) No up-sales: No OTOs or additional offers in the sales funnel.

    3) No penny sales, i.e. starts at one penny and increases with every sale up to $5.

    5) No services, i.e. products only.

    No tricks, no gimmicks, etc.

    Jeffery 100% :-)
    Signature
    In the minute it took me to write this post.. someone died of Covid 19. RIP.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6327549].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Galasso22
    I like this idea. There really is something about five dollars. Our product is five dollars and people love the price.


    Posted from Warriorforum.com App for Android
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6327552].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    I think it would be literally flooded with junk, much like Fiverr is. There's some good deals on Fiverr, but I wouldn't give you $1 for most of the offers on there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6327938].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

      I think it would be literally flooded with junk
      This ^^^ exactly.

      Over the last couple of years, with some striking exceptions, the WSO sellers have more or less collectively trained their market "only to buy cheap stuff". For myself, I'd be more interested to see a $100+ WSO's sub-forum, and I strongly suspect that in such a sub-forum, although the averages prices would obviously be far higher, the overall available value might be, as well.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6327958].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
        Banned
        Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

        I think it would be literally flooded with junk, much like Fiverr is. There's some good deals on Fiverr, but I wouldn't give you $1 for most of the offers on there.
        Exactly. I think it would add an unnecessary section to the forum that doesn't really serve a purpose that isn't already handled by the WSO section itself. It would kind of be like creating a section for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, iwriter, all of these websites "just because".

        No need to spread things out further than we have to, and I can't see any benefits that would make this section worth the trouble.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6328629].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author onSubie
      Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

      I think it would be literally flooded with junk, much like Fiverr is. There's some good deals on Fiverr, but I wouldn't give you $1 for most of the offers on there.
      Yes.

      I think you could have a $5 sub forum and any producct priced $5 or less is listed there instead of the main WSO forum to keep the cheap clutter out.

      Dime-sales would stay there until they reached the threshold.

      But this would just be a way of categorizing the offers. They are still all regular WSOs with the same listing/bumping fees.

      Personally (despite many rants of others), I haven't had any problem with the WSO forum the way it is. I use the search if I'm looking for something and any 'big seller' is usually trumpeted to me on multiple lists.

      Mahlon
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6329621].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webmarketer8
    Seems like a very cool idea! They should consider doing this!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6328548].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dadamson
    There are many Fiverr copies out there, pretty much everyone here on the forum know about Fiverr, I just think doing the exact same thing here would be slightly redundant.

    I do agree that it is hard to sort WSOs by price and as they are all privately written threads some people make it very hard for you to find out what price you actually need to pay.

    Personally I would like to see WSOs created in another template rather than the "forum thread" style, where you can actually see details such as price, user reviews, etc in quick snapshot form before you actually enter the offer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6328579].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Originally Posted by Chris Kent View Post

    I think this is a great idea. The idea of $5 services has really taken off. I think a separate section would be awesome.

    The only people who won't like it are those charging $10 or $15 for the same service. To them, I say shape-up and compete!
    That's a silly way to look at it, I think.

    Whatever happened to charging what you think something is worth.

    If you want to go and devalue the entire industry then go ahead and create a $5 section. If you need to reduce your prices to $5 just to sell your services then I think it probably says more about your services than anything... I think it also says a lot about someone who is willing to give away their time for such a small amount of money.

    If you don't value your own services then no one else will.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6328655].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author peter_act
      Originally Posted by WillR View Post


      Whatever happened to charging what you think something is worth.

      If you want to go and devalue the entire industry then go ahead and create a $5 section. If you need to reduce your prices to $5 just to sell your services then I think it probably says more about your services than anything... I think it also says a lot about someone who is willing to give away their time for such a small amount of money.
      .
      I agree with what you say in principle Will, I always respect your opinion, and am a very satisfied buyer of your product (which I thought was far too cheap for the value you provided!)

      But another way of looking at it is for the WSO seller not to reduce the price of his product, but to give a product that's only worth $5.00. That would fit in with your first sentence - charging what you think something is worth.

      For instance, your 3 page report "Mobile method outline" or your 8 offline flyers package would certainly be good value at $5 each.

      Incidentally, some $17 WSOs I've bought wouldn't even be worth $5 (not yours, though!)
      Signature

      Cheap websites for small businesses: Affordable mobile websites
      Get a free autoresponder here: Money Making Opportunities

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6328711].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
        Banned
        Originally Posted by peter_act View Post

        But another way of looking at it is for the WSO seller not to reduce the price of his product, but to give a product that's only worth $5.00. That would fit in with your first sentence - charging what you think something is worth.
        And exactly what kind of IM product is worth $5? Nothing that is very helpful if you ask me. Five dollars are for footlongs:



        or a Little Ceasers Pizza:

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6328730].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Anthony La Rocca
          Totally agree Joe!

          And although $5 footlongs may of helped Jared lose a bunch of weight, $5 WSO's would certainly not help him lose his job!

          Originally Posted by Joe Robinson View Post

          And exactly what kind of IM product is worth $5? Nothing that is very helpful if you ask me. Five dollars are for footlongs:



          or a Little Ceasers Pizza:

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6329030].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author liindsay
          Originally Posted by Joe Robinson View Post

          And exactly what kind of IM product is worth $5? Nothing that is very helpful if you ask me.
          Exactly.

          Seems like a silly idea. Promoting users to sell products for $5, also promotes lesser quality.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6330836].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author WillR
        Originally Posted by peter_act View Post

        I agree with what you say in principle Will, I always respect your opinion, and am a very satisfied buyer of your product (which I thought was far too cheap for the value you provided!)

        But another way of looking at it is for the WSO seller not to reduce the price of his product, but to give a product that's only worth $5.00. That would fit in with your first sentence - charging what you think something is worth.

        For instance, your 3 page report "Mobile method outline" or your 8 offline flyers package would certainly be good value at $5 each.

        Incidentally, some $17 WSOs I've bought wouldn't even be worth $5 (not yours, though!)
        Peter,

        I totally agree with you on that point. I guess my post was more directed towards the assumption this would be a section dedicated to services offered for $5, not products. Products are different in that you could sell your $5 product to 100 different people and you might only have 10 minutes worth of support questions as a result of those sales. So it's not a bad way to spend your time.

        Providing a service on the most part however requires time on your part each and every time to provide that service. So if I were to say I value my time at say $50/hour (for arguments sake) I would only want to be providing a service that took me all of 6 minutes to complete. Actually I would want it to be even less than that because it would take time to move between the orders and send out notifications upon completion of those services.

        So realistically for $5 I might be willing to provide a service that takes about 2 minutes of my time. Anything more and it's just not worth it. I would much rather sell premium services that take longer to complete, you charge more money for, and you deal with less customers.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6329128].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    I think much like fiverr itself, a $5 WSO section would further promote the poverty mentality. Just ask anyone with talent stuck at fiverr selling themselves short wishing they'd started out actually charging what they're worth...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6328670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author quercus5
    In theory it sounds like a good idea, but I think it would attract less meaty WSOs. There are plenty of great WSOs on the forum that are only a few dollars more. You get what you pay for in most cases.
    Signature

    FREE WSO Ebook: Offline Marketing Vault ($17 Value): Download Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6328748].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bruce NewMedia
    I find it funny that of all the issues facing the WSO Forum lately, anyone thinks we need a CHEAPER version??...with even lower priced products?

    Here's a preview of a seller's response to complaints:..."Well, what do you want, you only paid $5"
    _____
    Bruce
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6328824].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    If you want to sell low end stuff for $5 stick to Fiverr.
    The WSO forum has enough junk as it is, i don't think it would be
    a good idea to add to the workload which is already a burden for the 6
    or so moderators here on WF.

    PS. Why not just use the WSO forum as is, you set your own price, if you
    want to sell for $5 no one will complain i'm sure.
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6328846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JayKnight
    I'm going to have to agree with the others mentioning that there is no need for a $5 WSO section. There's already a decent amount of WSO's priced under $10 that provide decent value and good information. An extra section for it just seems a bit unnecessary to me.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6329188].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jennifer82
    I think it's a good idea, could be practice !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6329242].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davidsu
    Banned
    It will be great!

    In Japan, there's a convenient store that only sell $5 items... Because of the unique concept the store get a lot of buzz and a lot of traffic.

    This concept will be nice if it is applied for WSO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6329506].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6330259].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CAPTCHAbiz
    $5 would worth a Pizza or footlongs for many people, however there are many countries where $5 a day is $150 a month which is equals to an average salary of middle class people in which they could afford 2 times food a day, pay rent, pay for kids education etc and still aim to save some part every month (all with in $150).

    My point is $5's value is not just pizza, it way more for many people. That's how fiverr is a successful concept.

    Thanks,
    Carson
    Signature
    GOOGLE Pays to your PAYPAL?
    Get Paid Every 30 Days
    CLICK HERE >>

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6330305].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joseph Robinson
      Banned
      Originally Posted by CAPTCHAbiz View Post

      $5 would worth a Pizza or footlongs for many people, however there are many countries where $5 a day is $150 a month which is equals to an average salary of middle class people in which they could afford 2 times food a day, pay rent, pay for kids education etc and still aim to save some part every month (all with in $150).

      My point is $5's value is not just pizza, it way more for many people. That's how fiverr is a successful concept.

      Thanks,
      Carson
      You're right; but I don't see what that has to do with anything. $5 may mean more to certain workers in certain countries but that doesn't mean that they need to cap their income potential because of it. People who think that mindset is OK are the same people that gripe about how bad third world countries are. They tend to also be the same people that are surprised countries like the U.S.A. can't compete for jobs.

      People should charge what their services are worth, plain and simple. It seems that there used to be a day where products and services were valued at much more than $5. Desperate to bring in anything they can though, IMers have devalued the market (on this website at least) to almost nothing. Mindsets like yours are ruining things.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6331840].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    We already have such a section. You can find it here...

    Warrior Special Offers Forum

    ~M~
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6330599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Noel Cunningham
    Seems like a pretty cool idea - at $5 there is No Barrier to Entry and because the price is so low refunds would be almost zero (as long as you deliver the goods) I'm on one list where the owner only promotes $5 WSOs - no more, no less - and I do find myself inclined to click through and pick up the odd one, even if it's just out of curiosity because $5 isn't that much of a risk...

    Hell - that wouldn't even cover the price of a beer over here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6330676].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Richard Van
      Originally Posted by Noel Cunningham View Post

      Hell - that wouldn't even cover the price of a beer over here
      I don't get this. I see tons of WSO's at $7. Are people seriously getting excited about saving an additional $2?

      The price of most WSO's wouldn't buy me a beer anyway.

      As others have said, I shudder to think what people would be putting out for that price. People are already peddling crap for more than that.
      Signature

      Wibble, bark, my old man's a mushroom etc...

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6331136].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Meaney
    I'm not a fan of the idea because it has the potential to devalue the services and products we create by training newbies that (almost) nothing in IM is worth more than $5.

    Besides, does the WF need more $5 backlink spam offers, fake twitter followers and more spun articles, none of which truly benefit anyone other than the person selling it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6330814].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
    I doubt this would get approved. I certainly wouldn't champion the idea.

    We have enough people here trying to scrape by on nickels and dimes, and plenty of places that are willing to help them stay broke. I don't think Allen is going to want to encourage more of that. And there's no way I want to be policing the kinds of deals that sort of section would attract.

    There is nothing stopping you from doing a $5 WSO or $5 product in the classifieds. If you want to tag it starting with [$5], go for it. Beyond that, don't count on this as a separate section.


    Paul
    Signature
    .
    Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6331065].message }}

Trending Topics