How I created a second income stream

28 replies
Hi guys, just thought I would share with you, a method that I currently use to gain some extra income.

Step 1 - Signup to a cpa network with direct linking

Step 2 - Find a list of current top 10 pop songs

Step 3 - Create a video for each track and upload to youtube with the title: [track name] + lyrics

The video can be the full track but if you dont want to go against copywrite laws, then you could just use a video of a picture of the artist without any audio

In the description, insert something like: "download the full album for free", or if you used a blank video: "youtube made me delete this video but you can watch/listen/download it here"

After that, you insert a direct link to a cpa offer (use a url shortener first)

Its as simple as that

People will follow the link and hopefully complete the offer. The convertion rate for this is quite low as you can expect but hey, money is money right?

Ben
#created #income #stream
  • Profile picture of the author scrofford
    It's also deceiving people. That's part of what's given IM a bad name. I wouldn't use this at all.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6657819].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brswonga
      Originally Posted by scrofford View Post

      It's also deceiving people. That's part of what's given IM a bad name. I wouldn't use this at all.
      In that case, simply replace the "download" part with the name of an offer ie 'win an ipad'
      Signature
      unblock the internet with master unblocker ssl unblocker tool
      learn all about Biotin For Hair Growth and MSM Hair growth on my blog
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6657827].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Grey
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6658188].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author scrofford
        Originally Posted by John Grey View Post

        You don't need to be deceitful. His methode is great, you only need to make it more legit if you wish.
        The point is though that it came across deceitful. And there are a lot of deceitful things like this going on all over the internet. It's not a great method as it was originally brought up. Yes you could probably use this method legitimately, but what the OP was saying in the beginning ISN'T honest.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6658756].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author brswonga
          Originally Posted by scrofford View Post

          The point is though that it came across deceitful. And there are a lot of deceitful things like this going on all over the internet. It's not a great method as it was originally brought up. Yes you could probably use this method legitimately, but what the OP was saying in the beginning ISN'T honest.
          I suppose I could have worded it a little better but to be honest, nothing to do with cpa offers is 100% honest. An aff. manager from one of the biggest networks once told me that if I wanted a specific prize draw made for me, he could arrange it as nobody ever wins the draws anyway
          Signature
          unblock the internet with master unblocker ssl unblocker tool
          learn all about Biotin For Hair Growth and MSM Hair growth on my blog
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6658894].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author madchef1962
    Very cagey! I like the idea, but not the methods. You should tell people the truth and let them decide to click your link......or not. BTW these methods are not new, just not used by many people here at the WF.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6657883].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brswonga
      Originally Posted by madchef1962 View Post

      Very cagey! I like the idea, but not the methods. You should tell people the truth and let them decide to click your link......or not. BTW these methods are not new, just not used by many people here at the WF.
      Like all methods, its always best to put your own spin on things. Looking at it, yes it seems a little blackhat but tbh, im never sure whats blackhat or whitehat anymore :confused: for instance, linkbuilding, everyone does it, but all linkbuilding is blackhat unless they are built naturally by your sites visitors
      Signature
      unblock the internet with master unblocker ssl unblocker tool
      learn all about Biotin For Hair Growth and MSM Hair growth on my blog
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6657950].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kilco16
    nice method.. thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6657889].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author scrofford
    Well that would work IF that was the actual offer. But I've clicked on stuff like that before and it led me down a whole rabbit trail of crap. So you just have to be honest when it comes to your CPA offers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6657892].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brswonga
      Originally Posted by scrofford View Post

      Well that would work IF that was the actual offer. But I've clicked on stuff like that before and it led me down a whole rabbit trail of crap. So you just have to be honest when it comes to your CPA offers.
      It could be because you had clicked an offer from another country. In that case, you could setup a geotargeting script so that they go to the right offer
      Signature
      unblock the internet with master unblocker ssl unblocker tool
      learn all about Biotin For Hair Growth and MSM Hair growth on my blog
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6657937].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ExRat
      Hi brswonga,

      How do you say this without sounding rude?

      If this is the second best way you know of creating an income stream, you really need to go back to the drawing board. This is basically 'scraping the barrel.' It's questionable whether you are actually helping or hindering people by putting this idea out there. I would tend towards the latter.

      Think about positioning - let's use an analogy.

      Take two ways of selling ice creams.

      One way is to find somewhere where people are too hot and a little hungry/thirsty, where there aren't any other ice cream vendors, find yourself a supplier who will sell you ice cream at a price which allows for a tidy profit and set up shop.

      Alternatively, you could find someone who will give you a small percentage of each ice cream you sell for him - knowing that on occasion he will fail to pay you entirely through dodgy practices/system breakdown/dishonesty. Then you find a pitch in a very cold place where you already know that most people are not interested in buying ice cream but in fact would prefer a free hot drink. Then you set up shop there.

      Which of the ice cream selling analogies is closest to your suggestion?

      Moving back from the analogy to the internet, it's not expensive to get your own domain and hosting and the necessary/associated tools to run an online business. Add to this a little ingenuity/research/self-education and anyone with a little invention and tenacity can do much better than tricking people, who are most likely looking for something free, into clicking a link to something which is not as described but contains another link to an offer that they are not interested in and which might not pay you even if they do decide to buy it and even if they do, the commission is paltry.

      No offence intended, just being straight with you.
      Signature


      Roger Davis

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6657972].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author brswonga
        Originally Posted by ExRat View Post

        Hi brswonga,

        How do you say this without sounding rude?

        If this is the second best way you know of creating an income stream, you really need to go back to the drawing board. This is basically 'scraping the barrel.' It's questionable whether you are actually helping or hindering people by putting this idea out there. I would tend towards the latter.

        Think about positioning - let's use an analogy.

        Take two ways of selling ice creams.

        One way is to find somewhere where people are too hot and a little hungry/thirsty, where there aren't any other ice cream vendors, find yourself a supplier who will sell you ice cream at a price which allows for a tidy profit and set up shop.

        Alternatively, you could find someone who will give you a small percentage of each ice cream you sell for him - knowing that on occasion he will fail to pay you entirely through dodgy practices/system breakdown/dishonesty. Then you find a pitch in a very cold place where you already know that most people are not interested in buying ice cream but in fact would prefer a free hot drink. Then you set up shop there.

        Which of the ice cream selling analogies is closest to your suggestion?

        Moving back from the analogy to the internet, it's not expensive to get your own domain and hosting and the necessary/associated tools to run an online business. Add to this a little ingenuity/research/self-education and anyone with a little invention and tenacity can do much better than tricking people, who are most likely looking for something free, into clicking a link to something which is not as described but contains another link to an offer that they are not interested in and which might not pay you even if they do decide to buy it and even if they do, the commission is paltry.

        No offence intended, just being straight with you.
        Hi there

        I fully understand what you mean but this is far from the only income I make online. It is just one that pays for my hosting. I also sell SEO services, create micro niche and authority sites, social network marketing and create and sell digital products. The above method is one that I used when I was just starting out and still makes me some money today. I dont recommend that people try and make a full time living from this but methods like this can produce some small capital for bigger projects. Also, like I said in the second post, you can just advertise what the offer is instead of tricking people.
        Signature
        unblock the internet with master unblocker ssl unblocker tool
        learn all about Biotin For Hair Growth and MSM Hair growth on my blog
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6658115].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author ExRat
          Hi brswonga,

          Originally Posted by brswonga View Post

          Hi there

          I fully understand what you mean but this is far from the only income I make online. It is just one that pays for my hosting. I also sell SEO services, create micro niche and authority sites, social network marketing and create and sell digital products. The above method is one that I used when I was just starting out and still makes me some money today. I dont recommend that people try and make a full time living from this but methods like this can produce some small capital for bigger projects. Also, like I said in the second post, you can just advertise what the offer is instead of tricking people.
          And...

          Originally Posted by brswonga View Post

          Already covered in the first post. It is only a copyright violation if you use the song in the video. And yes there are cleaner ways to make money, feel free to post a step by step guide to them so people can replicate your methods to make some auto pilot money that can be used for capital for bigger and better projects :rolleyes:
          So have you made a previous post which details your primary method of making money (IE - 'sell SEO services, create micro niche and authority sites, social network marketing and create and sell digital products')?

          I'm not suggesting that everyone should throw their cards on the table and give away all of their best secrets here, but if we're not going to do that, then perhaps we also shouldn't be sharing our secondary methods, especially if they are entirely questionable in terms of ethics, logic, positioning and overall profitability in terms of 'time well spent.'

          See my point?

          I'm not trying to rag on you but I would question whether people on the forum in general would be better off having more faith in their own abilities (whoever they are) than to spend time on the method detailed above.

          You are better than this and so is everybody else on this forum, even infinityplr ;-). That's my main point.

          Got any really good ideas? Not that I need them, just trying to see if I can encourage you to turn this thread around. Peace....
          Signature


          Roger Davis

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6658932].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kencart
      Originally Posted by scrofford View Post

      Well that would work IF that was the actual offer. But I've clicked on stuff like that before and it led me down a whole rabbit trail of crap. So you just have to be honest when it comes to your CPA offers.
      Agreed. Honesty is truly the best policy. It's frustrating being mislead by this kind of approach when marketers are trying to make their cpa sales.
      Signature
      BE HAPPY, FEEL GOOD, TAKE ACTION AND EXCEL.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6658178].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rukshan
    Idea is nice. But we better to use ringtone type CPA offers
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6658141].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brswonga
    Quick question, are most CPA offers not deceitful anyway?
    Signature
    unblock the internet with master unblocker ssl unblocker tool
    learn all about Biotin For Hair Growth and MSM Hair growth on my blog
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6658217].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    What happens when one of the artists (or legal representative) complains to Youtube for copyright violation? Maybe Youtube closes your account and bans you for good. There are far cleaner ways to make money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6658231].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brswonga
      Originally Posted by travlinguy View Post

      What happens when one of the artists (or legal representative) complains to Youtube for copyright violation? Maybe Youtube closes your account and bans you for good. There are far cleaner ways to make money.
      Already covered in the first post. It is only a copyright violation if you use the song in the video. And yes there are cleaner ways to make money, feel free to post a step by step guide to them so people can replicate your methods to make some auto pilot money that can be used for capital for bigger and better projects :rolleyes:
      Signature
      unblock the internet with master unblocker ssl unblocker tool
      learn all about Biotin For Hair Growth and MSM Hair growth on my blog
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6658279].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Midnight Oil
        Originally Posted by brswonga View Post


        It is only a copyright violation if you use the song in the video.
        ยง 102 . Subject matter of copyright: In general

        (a) Copyright protection subsists, in accordance with this title, in original works of authorship fixed in any tangible medium of expression, now known or later developed, from which they can be perceived, reproduced, or otherwise communicated, either directly or with the aid of a machine or device. Works of authorship include the following categories:
        (1) literary works;
        (2) musical works, including any accompanying words;

        (3) dramatic works, including any accompanying music;
        (4) pantomimes and choreographic works;
        (5) pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works;
        (6) motion pictures and other audiovisual works;
        (7) sound recordings; and
        (8) architectural works.
        U.S. Copyright Office - Copyright Law: Chapter 1
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6661267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Ten
    How is that providing any value, and not the opposite of value?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6658398].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author infinityplr
    Thanks for this awesome post!

    Just when I'm about to go to sleep, i found this thread! thanks I think i will try this one too!
    Signature
    GO. MOVE. Keep GOING! Even with the smallest steps and slower paces, the important thing is you are NOT STOPPING! You'll get there!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6658438].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author louie6925
    you said yourself the conversions are low! why waste your time? surely better spent doing something where the conversions are good!!........and I'm afraid that means being upfront about your offer, if people know exactly what they are clicking on, they are more likely to complete your offer...it really isn't that hard!! plus you will get yourself a bad reputation in the process! bad advice!
    Signature
    Feel free to chat if you live in the UK I may have something for you!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6659061].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brswonga
      Originally Posted by ExRat View Post

      Hi brswonga,



      And...



      So have you made a previous post which details your primary method of making money (IE - 'sell SEO services, create micro niche and authority sites, social network marketing and create and sell digital products')?

      I'm not suggesting that everyone should throw their cards on the table and give away all of their best secrets here, but if we're not going to do that, then perhaps we also shouldn't be sharing our secondary methods, especially if they are entirely questionable in terms of ethics, logic, positioning and overall profitability in terms of 'time well spent.'

      See my point?

      I'm not trying to rag on you but I would question whether people on the forum in general would be better off having more faith in their own abilities (whoever they are) than to spend time on the method detailed above.

      You are better than this and so is everybody else on this forum, even infinityplr ;-). That's my main point.

      Got any really good ideas? Not that I need them, just trying to see if I can encourage you to turn this thread around. Peace....
      I will be posting more (and in some peoples eyes better) methods very soon. The only reason that I posted this method is that quite a lot of people find it hard to raise capital for real projects. This is one of the ways that I did it and it still makes me money today. I decided to show this method to try and help people. If people are not comfortable doing this method then nobody is forcing them. Just simply click off the thread and forget about it.

      But in a way, nearly everything that we do can be regarded as questionable.

      List building for instance. You force people to give you there emails in return for a free ebook and later spam there inbox in hope that they buy something though your link.

      Linkbuilding, gaming the search engines in order to manipulate your ranking regardless of weather or not your content is better than the sites below you.

      Like I said, I will post better methods soon that everyone will like
      Originally Posted by louie6925 View Post

      you said yourself the conversions are low! why waste your time? surely better spent doing something where the conversions are good!!........and I'm afraid that means being upfront about your offer, if people know exactly what they are clicking on, they are more likely to complete your offer...it really isn't that hard!! plus you will get yourself a bad reputation in the process! bad advice!
      The convertion rate does not matter to me as a few hours work has resulted in auto pilot low income that pays for my hosting/other projects. As for time, since I work in IM full time and is my main income, I have all the time in the world. Something that started of as a simple quick cash idea has turned into semi longterm cash
      Signature
      unblock the internet with master unblocker ssl unblocker tool
      learn all about Biotin For Hair Growth and MSM Hair growth on my blog
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6659246].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author luisserrano
    Don't do that. Be ethic!
    Signature

    Check my video service here on WF - Video Service
    Also, find me on Social Networks!
    Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn| VideoHive | Revostock

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6659287].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Originally Posted by brswonga View Post

    Hi guys, just thought I would share with you, a method that I currently use to gain some extra income.

    Step 1 - Signup to a cpa network with direct linking

    Step 2 - Find a list of current top 10 pop songs

    Step 3 - Create a video for each track and upload to youtube with the title: [track name] + lyrics

    The video can be the full track but if you dont want to go against copywrite laws, then you could just use a video of a picture of the artist without any audio

    In the description, insert something like: "download the full album for free", or if you used a blank video: "youtube made me delete this video but you can watch/listen/download it here"

    After that, you insert a direct link to a cpa offer (use a url shortener first)

    Its as simple as that

    People will follow the link and hopefully complete the offer. The convertion rate for this is quite low as you can expect but hey, money is money right?

    Ben
    Time to fall back on a different money making model.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6659872].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Claire Koch
    I knew there was a reason I don't do cpa
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6660815].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author 3000
    I was doing something along that lines with YouTube and Peerfly (CPA Network) but I wasn't uploading music + lyric videos.

    Long story short My 2 YouTube accounts got banned, but before that I was making $5 a day from it.


    The method you posted up can be a huge traffic generator though. Just take a look on YouTube and checkout any (music title) + lyrics you will see millions of views (wink wink)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6660830].message }}

Trending Topics