Making money at University

13 replies
I started uni a couple weeks ago in Malaysia and I noticed how easy it would be to market something to students, so I have been brain storming for the last few days but cannot figure out what ind of product/service would bring students running.

This could be help for all those still studying, I would like to hear some for your ideas guys.
#making #money #university
  • Profile picture of the author Adie
    Create fiverr gig solving math problems or doing their homework?
    Signature



    Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

    Signature edited.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6753932].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ArielT
    Originally Posted by M Elrofai View Post

    I started uni a couple weeks ago in Malaysia and I noticed how easy it would be to market something to students, so I have been brain storming for the last few days but cannot figure out what ind of product/service would bring students running.

    This could be help for all those still studying, I would like to hear some for your ideas guys.
    About books they would need to buy
    Signature
    besthosting.today
    For sale. Buy it on Afternic or any of their partner registrars, sach as namecheap etc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6753971].message }}
  • OHHHHH man, do I EVER wish I'd discover IM when I started university.

    Can't begin to tell you how much pain that would've saved me...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6754037].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author conanedo
    maybe about relationship?
    Signature


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6754044].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ed Micah
    There's a WSO released by Andrew a while back, that teaches you how to market and make $700/day with university students using CPA methods.

    It's about promoting current trending products such as iPhones to students.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6754191].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trevor
    You can create a questionnaire and hand it out to the students of your university - Ask some questions like what do they dislike about the university, what would they welcome, etc.

    Then sit down for a couple hours and try to come up with something you could market to them - Maybe create your own product, promote someone else's product they would welcome...?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6754297].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DylanC
    Originally Posted by M Elrofai View Post

    I started uni a couple weeks ago in Malaysia and I noticed how easy it would be to market something to students, so I have been brain storming for the last few days but cannot figure out what ind of product/service would bring students running.

    This could be help for all those still studying, I would like to hear some for your ideas guys.
    Most students probably do not have a full-time income. Maybe you should try to market some products in the 'make money online' niche to them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6754455].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wordwizard
      Originally Posted by DylanC View Post

      Most students probably do not have a full-time income. Maybe you should try to market some products in the 'make money online' niche to them.
      I think that's a GREAT idea! Just be careful and make sure the products are high quality (as you should anyway). So don't just promote stuff that'll bring good commissions. You don't want to have to deal with refunds - or complaints about your "activities"...
      Signature

      FREE Report: 5 Ways To Grow Your Affiliate Income

      Let Me Help You Sell: Sales Letters, Email Series, Pre-Sell Reports... PM me & we'll talk!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6754466].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author M Elrofai
        Originally Posted by Ed Micah View Post

        There's a WSO released by Andrew a while back, that teaches you how to market and make $700/day with university students using CPA methods.

        It's about promoting current trending products such as iPhones to students.
        I actually have this book but I cant implement it because I cannot find any zip/email submit offers for Malaysia. Most are America and UK, Canada.

        Originally Posted by DylanC View Post

        Most students probably do not have a full-time income. Maybe you should try to market some products in the 'make money online' niche to them.
        Great Idea! Thank you.

        Originally Posted by wordwizard View Post

        I think that's a GREAT idea! Just be careful and make sure the products are high quality (as you should anyway). So don't just promote stuff that'll bring good commissions. You don't want to have to deal with refunds - or complaints about your "activities"...
        Thanks on your insight.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6757037].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Selling to broke college students? Maybe do their homework for them for $10 lol..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6757812].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author M Elrofai
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      Selling to broke college students? Maybe do their homework for them for $10 lol..
      Nah these students have money.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6761048].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GorillazGoods
    I have personally found many great ways to market to college students. I actually wrote an entire WSO on how to do that. What you need to do is brainstorm exactly what a college student would want or need. Remember to think about things academic AND things that they would personally want for fun. For academic promotions, CPA offers on scholarships and short term loans will work wonders. This is obviously effective because since most college students have a difficult time paying for school, financial assistance works amazing well for them.

    For other things college students will "want", take into consideration that college students love free things, especially gadgets. Things such as CPA offers on free Apple products, free giftcards, and other giveaways offers work very well. Just remember to think outside the box or even use common sense to think about what college students want.
    Signature
    Get Exclusive Access To Top Rated Marketing Products of 2014

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6765909].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author M Elrofai
      Originally Posted by GorillazGoods View Post

      I have personally found many great ways to market to college students. I actually wrote an entire WSO on how to do that. What you need to do is brainstorm exactly what a college student would want or need. Remember to think about things academic AND things that they would personally want for fun. For academic promotions, CPA offers on scholarships and short term loans will work wonders. This is obviously effective because since most college students have a difficult time paying for school, financial assistance works amazing well for them.

      For other things college students will "want", take into consideration that college students love free things, especially gadgets. Things such as CPA offers on free Apple products, free giftcards, and other giveaways offers work very well. Just remember to think outside the box or even use common sense to think about what college students want.
      Sounds good, thanks for your insight.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6769823].message }}

Trending Topics