I have noticed something happening in the WSO forum lately and I'm interested as to how others feel about this.
1. Vendor launches a WSO product.
2. Vendor states the product will ONLY be made available for 7 days or some limited time period.
3. Vendor sells a whole bunch of copies.
4. Vendor finishes selling the product 7 days later and asks for their WSO thread to be closed.
5. Product is actually quite crap. Support is lacking, almost non-existent. As customers start to realize this and want refunds, they no longer have a WSO thread to leave their honest (albeit negative) feedback in.
6. Others who now come by this thread do not get to see any of the REAL negative comments from people who have actually used the product and as such they are misled into thinking the product and vendor were reputable. Let's face it, the real comments and reviews are those that come after people have implemented something and that generally takes longer than a few days or a week.
So my question. Is this really fair?
In my opinion a WSO thread, whether the product is still selling or not, should be left open indefinitely so people can post their feedback. I have been talking with a number of people lately who went through this exact same experience. They purchased a product. By the time they realized it was not what they expected or the support was just non-existent, they go back to post about it in the WSO thread and it's been closed.
So future customers of that vendor are none the wiser.