For example, one tactic I use is DOCUMENT SHARING sites, and I've uploaded a document to slideshare.net It's attracted about 20,000 people to look at it, and approximately 1000 new people look at it every month. It receives about 100 downloads month, and a varying % then upgrade or signup to one of my other offerings.
Ensure you keyword load your title, description and tags for the document to get found not just inside slideshare by visitors and members (its massive getting millions per month)
Total ROI to date from that one tactic - $20,000.
(Oh and another benefit of leveraging slideshare is also the document has a top #5 listing on Page 1 on Google, but this ranking does fluctuate slightly on the regional results around the globe.)
Oh, and another tip to regarding slideshare and Linkedin...
• Login to Upload & Share PowerPoint presentations and documents
• Upload a blank powerpoint .ppt presentation to SlideShare
• Click on "Edit" to edit your SlideShare presentation
• Click on the "YouTube" tab at top of edit page
• Copy the URL of your YouTube video and…
• Paste the URL of the Video onto the SlideShare YouTube Edit page
• Make sure the box next to the box you paste the URL shows "Before Slide 1"
• Save your changes
• From your profile on www.lnkedin.com, goto LinkedIn applications and add your Slideshare application to your profile.
• Sync your SlideShare Account with LinkedIn
• View Your Profile
You may have to login to Linkedin to see this, but I've added a video to my linkedin profile which starts playing when you visit the profile adding more impact. You may like it, its fun and the people in the video have some interesting things to say.
It's HERE (remember, you may have to login to linkedin to see this)
That will save you in having to upgrade your membership on Linkedin so you can upload videos.
Hopefully that gives you some insight as to how a Scotsman living 60 miles north of Aberdeen, 30 miles from his nearest starbucks, and 14 miles past the back of beyond leverages just 1 tactic, on 1 channel online.
Which tactics are YOU using (not someonelse's or someone you're promoting), but real tactics that you are using to get results online.
Lets share them, and help each other.
You don't know just how big this thread could get IF we help each other.
Hope the above helps, and gets you thinking.
Which tactic and case study do you want to share?
Onwards and upwards