What to do regarding PayDotCom Vendor Not Paying Affiliate Commission

15 replies
I am owed a little over $100 in affiliate commission from a PayDotCom vendor for sales made in September and October this year.

Technically, I'm supposed to be paid the September commission in October and the October commission by November end.

The problem is, the vendor is responsible for paying affiliates and it seems like he doesn't intend to -- even though it's only $100.

I discreetly posted this problem on the PDC forum, contacted their helpdesk and even tried several times to get the vendor to fulfill his part of the obligation. But so far, he's been elusive.

It's pretty ridiculous that there absolutely no affiliate protection on that network and affiliates are made to jump through hoops even for small amounts.

Is there anything I can do, or is this a lost cause?

Thanks in advance for any help.
#affiliate #commission #paydotcom #paying #vendor
  • Profile picture of the author greenbay92
    It seems like even the affiliate manager is helpless in this regard.

    I have promoted PDC products in the past but this is the first time that I actually got screwed by a vendor.

    This flawed system of relying on the vendor to pay affiliates is both puzzling and disturbing. While PDC takes its cut and the vendor takes the rest, the affiliate is left looking like a fool.

    Tragic... Even for 100 bucks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7390249].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by greenbay92 View Post

      This flawed system of relying on the vendor to pay affiliates is both puzzling and disturbing.
      Indeed. Exactly so.

      Many serious, pro-affiliates are simply unwilling to use PayDotCom because of this problem. I wouldn't be willing to look at a product there, at all. I have quite enough to do, to run my business, without being dependent on the vendor for payment and needing to allocate time and effort to "chasing what I've earned".

      I wish you good luck, but the person who owes you the money is the vendor, not PayDotCom, and that's the person with whom you have to resolve it. It depends on the lengths to which you're willing to go, and how much time, energy and effort you really want to put into it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7390290].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author greenbay92
        Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

        It depends on the lengths to which you're willing to go, and how much time, energy and effort you really want to put into it.
        Well, I've been contacting the vendor since late October when payment from September was due. I gave him enough time and patience to settle dues but with November ending, it seems like I've exhausted all avenues.

        While PDC is just a small part of my overall business, I'd been following up on the unpaid dues as a matter of principle. I wanted to give it my best shot before moving on to more productive things.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7390354].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    You haven't heard anything back from PDC? I stopped using them a long time ago, definitely an inferior affiliate network in my experience.

    RoD
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7390448].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author greenbay92
      Originally Posted by Rod Cortez View Post

      You haven't heard anything back from PDC? I stopped using them a long time ago, definitely an inferior affiliate network in my experience.

      RoD
      Both the helpdesk and the affiliate manager at PDC told me they can't do anything to get me my commision. They've pretty much washed their hands off this.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7392374].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author CyberAlien
        Originally Posted by greenbay92 View Post

        Both the helpdesk and the affiliate manager at PDC told me they can't do anything to get me my commision. They've pretty much washed their hands off this.
        How much the money is really worth to you determines how far you're willing to take it. Personally, I deal with mostly recurring (monthly) payments that are at least $200+. If I have someone file a dispute or chargeback then I will fight it. If PayPal decides to give the buyer back their money, I will just send their information to a collection agency who can pursue them legally. Most collection agencies will take a large percentage of the payment, but that's okay because I'm normally just interested in getting back the money they cost me, not the total amount.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7415404].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    I stopped using them years ago when a vendor didn't pay me. Would never consider using them again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7390723].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Christophe Young
    Wow, I remember PayDotCom. I was going to use them but eventually decided against it as it just seemed PDC was amateurish in appearance.
    Signature
    Under Construction
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7390784].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GarrieWilson
    Atleast PayDotCom lets you know which seller owes you money. I am owed money at JVZoo and they don't even tell which vendor owes the money. I could email support but I shouldn't have to jump through that additional hoop.

    These type of networks should lock sell accounts automatically when they don't pay affiliates within a few days.

    Someone needs to start one that's more than a download guard and affiliate software.

    -g
    Signature
    Screw You, NameCheap!
    $1 Off NameSilo Domain Coupons:

    SAVEABUCKDOMAINS & DOLLARDOMAINSAVINGS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7390925].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
      Banned
      Originally Posted by GarrieWilson View Post

      Atleast PayDotCom lets you know which seller owes you money. I am owed money at JVZoo and they don't even tell which vendor owes the money. I could email support but I shouldn't have to jump through that additional hoop.

      These type of networks should lock sell accounts automatically when they don't pay affiliates within a few days.

      Someone needs to start one that's more than a download guard and affiliate software.

      -g
      I don't pay JVZoo affiliates until the Paypal dispute period is over. I had two of them use stolen credit cards to make purchases and then there were chargebacks some time later for those purchases and it cost me a bundle and they still got paid their commissions because they were paid already. I don't approve many of them there anymore, but if I don't know and trust them, they are on delayed payments and get paid when risk to my Paypal account is over.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7390968].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GarrieWilson
        Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

        I don't pay JVZoo affiliates until the Paypal dispute period is over. I had two of them use stolen credit cards to make purchases and then there were chargebacks some time later for those purchases and it cost me a bundle and they still got paid their commissions because they were paid already. I don't approve many of them there anymore, but if I don't know and trust them, they are on delayed payments and get paid when risk to my Paypal account is over.
        Yeah I do the same but that doesn't change the issue of JVZoo not showing who owes you money to be paid or pending. At least PDC provides that information.

        -g
        Signature
        Screw You, NameCheap!
        $1 Off NameSilo Domain Coupons:

        SAVEABUCKDOMAINS & DOLLARDOMAINSAVINGS
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7391423].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
          Banned
          Originally Posted by GarrieWilson View Post

          Yeah I do the same but that doesn't change the issue of JVZoo not showing who owes you money to be paid or pending. At least PDC provides that information.

          -g
          True. I agree they should know and I'd be more than happy that they do know so I could ease their minds if they had doubts and let them know that as long as there are no chargebacks, they'll surely get paid.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7391469].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author E. Brian Rose
    Well, it seems we overlooked something at the Zoo. We are fixing that RIGHT NOW. You will be able to see and contact any vendors who had you on delayed payments. You will be able to see who owes what by the end of this week. Thanks for bringing this up!
    Signature

    Founder of JVZoo. All around good guy :)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7391707].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vikram73
    PDC lets the vendor decide?

    Crap - I just started up a campaign and have a $320 waiting. Will see if there any issues or not soon enough.

    Bleah.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7391764].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cowloc
    I stopped using them, poor support. Would never consider using them again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7415414].message }}

Trending Topics