Do I just Suck or Are Clickbank Products too expensive?

by princejerome2002 22 replies
I've been marketing online for a while. so many blogs i cant even tell you what happened to the majority of them. websites floating around somewhere in cyberspace that I wouldnt even recognise from years back.

So far, I've been able to sell ebooks pretty consistently on ebay and a few through blogs and email lists, but they've all had to be priced ridicilously cheap for me to get any kind of response. you know, the quick $5 or less special report that can be instantly downloaded.

I've spent money advertising both clickbank and cj.com products through pay per click programs like adwords and adcenter, but i've only been able to get one sale from click bank, and a bunch of impressions and clicks from Commission junction, without any sales, or leads even.

like i said, i'm leaning more towards thinking that its just me who sucks, because everyone else seems to be having no problems finding customers willing to spend $50-200 for an information product.
#main internet marketing discussion forum #clickbank #expensive #products
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Smith
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5249].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author JustinBrooke
      Sounds like you might need to spend a little more time
      researching the hot buttons of these crowds and maybe
      invest in some copywriting courses.

      I first learned how to sell Clickbank stuff through WealthyAffiliate.com
      Signature

      You ROCK!,
      Justin Brooke

      FREE: spreadsheet of 182 traffic sources (no opt-in)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5273].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Seattle Mike
      Are you direct linking or running them through a presell page with an exciting opt in offer?

      I get the occasional cb sale from ads but all my campaigns direct linking have not earned a profit.

      My review sites get occasional sales too but I have to blame it on my copy writing. Other people sell a lot more than me.

      The thing that works in some niches is piling on some bonuses. People bonus shop.

      My best results are setting up a squeeze page for a popular niche and building a list. They get sent to a salespage after they opt in. I give bonuses to opt in and steady doses of content with a related product daily for a week or 10 days. Then every 4 days. The content is all PLR stuff reworded in my own voice.

      A new method I am trying is to really get them worked up about a solution but not telling them what it is. They have to click the link to find out. That page takes them to a squeeze page offering a complimentary video review.

      Depends on the niche. IMers are already on tons of lists and probably have seen the product advertised before. They are also smart enough to go direct if they know what the product is. We all get that "I am NOT giving him a commission" urge at times.

      If you have to really sell people just to opt in, It is easy to see its gonna be hard to get them to buy something. Unless they want it desperately!

      Sell what people are already buying.

      Most people only get the rare purchase so it isn't just you. Unless you have the money to find the converting keywords, it's a struggle getting enough clicks to turn into buyers. It takes 100 clicks to get a sale on many CB salespages. And if you are paying $1 a click or more, the math doesn't add up to profits.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5367].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jasonl70
        deverell, that's been my experience as well!

        I've tried direct linking, multiple niches - no sales.

        Review sites in 2 niches - very little.

        squeeze page / list - sales nearly every single day, from day 1. With the same products and keywords I tried direct linking to!
        Signature

        -Jason

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5389].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author naruq
          Do not direct the prospect immediately to the offer page. What You Want To Do is generate the lead before you put an opportunity in front of them to buy an e-book. At the minimum you want to get the prospects name and e-mail address. What you can do is offer the prospect a free Report with valuable content that will help the prospect solve a problem.
          Signature

          Please do not use affiliate links in signatures

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5578].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
    Originally Posted by princejerome2002 View Post

    I've been marketing online for a while. so many blogs i cant even tell you what happened to the majority of them. websites floating around somewhere in cyberspace that I wouldnt even recognise from years back.

    So far, I've been able to sell ebooks pretty consistently on ebay and a few through blogs and email lists, but they've all had to be priced ridicilously cheap for me to get any kind of response. you know, the quick $5 or less special report that can be instantly downloaded.

    I've spent money advertising both clickbank and cj.com products through pay per click programs like adwords and adcenter, but i've only been able to get one sale from click bank, and a bunch of impressions and clicks from Commission junction, without any sales, or leads even.

    like i said, i'm leaning more towards thinking that its just me who sucks, because everyone else seems to be having no problems finding customers willing to spend $50-200 for an information product.

    I'm going to give it to you straight.

    I don't know what your approach is, but any product can be sold if it
    solves the need of the person looking for a solution. I sell many products
    outside of IM that go for a pretty penny.

    The key is crafting your presales strategy in a way that when they
    actually get to the sales page, they're almost ready to buy.

    Without knowing exactly what you're doing, especially with Adwords,
    it would be impossible to give you a better answer than that. But
    essentially your hypothesis is correct. If the product has a decent
    gravity and is proven to sell then the problem is probably with what
    you're doing and not with the product.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5293].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author waken
      Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

      I'm going to give it to you straight.

      I don't know what your approach is, but any product can be sold if it
      solves the need of the person looking for a solution. I sell many products
      outside of IM that go for a pretty penny.

      The key is crafting your presales strategy in a way that when they
      actually get to the sales page, they're almost ready to buy.

      Without knowing exactly what you're doing, especially with Adwords,
      it would be impossible to give you a better answer than that. But
      essentially your hypothesis is correct. If the product has a decent
      gravity and is proven to sell then the problem is probably with what
      you're doing and not with the product.
      I must be one of the 100 lucky people to get your WSO Steven. You point of view always impressed me!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11988].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Melkor
    If the site linked to in you .sig is any example of your current promotions, your main problem is that you're using afiliate-unfriendly free hosts to promote your offers.

    As Gary Halbert would put it - don't look cheap when you're trying to get people to give you money. Even a squidoo lens would be better than free hosting with a banner you earn nothing from plastered on top.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5898].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Terry Hatfield
      Which method you use depends on the product.

      I have found products I can only get a sale with direct linking.
      Others I need a review site.
      And some I can't get a sale to save my lillte soul unless I collect an email and do email marketing.

      You need to test!

      Life is Great,
      Terry
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6337].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JMartin
        I like the opt-in ---> sales page method rather than direct linking. That way you can build a relationship and have multiple opportunities.

        If you strike out with a product through direct linking (without having them on your list), you're done unless your site lends itself to a high level of repeat visitors.

        - Jason
        Signature

        Writer, graphics designer, avid reader, runner, hiker, and Internet junkie. Need my fix.

        http://twitter.com/JasonAMartin

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6513].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tirmizi
        This surely is a nice place to start off thigns ... "WealthyAffiliate.com" highly recomended for newbies ..

        peice of advice .... experiement , test , test and then test some more .... while evaluating all your activitites ... see what words , dicard that doesn't


        and you'll be on your way to making sales .. in no time
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6521].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mindvalley
          I know of at least a couple of people that make millions via ClickBank by promoting ClickBank products via PPC. Not with one product of course but the opportunity is very large. However, it is not easy to pull off. Do your research and start testing.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6567].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author dancaraya
            You are looking in the wrong area. You see people don't want to read LONG sales letters, so you should find offers that pay per lead. For example, a person puts in their email and name and you get paid $2. The cpa networks do these. Don't waste time with ppc.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[6602].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Jelasco
              Jerome, the price is not the problem. Clickbank sells a ton of products every day, so people are buying. Of course not all the products there sell well. I don't think you said what niches you've tried.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7570].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author jasonl70
              Originally Posted by dancaraya View Post

              You are looking in the wrong area. You see people don't want to read LONG sales letters, so you should find offers that pay per lead. For example, a person puts in their email and name and you get paid $2. The cpa networks do these. Don't waste time with ppc.
              lol.. i use ppc to drive traffic to my squeeze page.. my followup emails link to long sales letters.. and I make money every day

              As Dan Kennedy says (paraphrased):
              Who reads long copy?? the people who are actually interested in your offer.

              There's obviously a ton of different, yet effective, ways to make money
              Signature

              -Jason

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7605].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Mr.P
                Banned
                [DELETED]
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7871].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Adrianne_
                  I didn't make any sales until I wrote a blog about my experience with the product. Then I added it to my sig line in all my social networks. I wrote an article about it as well on ezine articles.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9071].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author jhongren
                    the thing with promoting of clickbank products is that many are promoting without buying it.

                    so they have no idea if it is good or not. they just promote it because it offers higher commission.

                    What Adrianne did is to share about your usage experience and that is really what we like to hear about =)

                    John
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9127].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author princejerome2002
                      Thanks for the replies, and I have to admit, in these past 15 minutes reading these responses, I feel I've learned more from you guys than from the last 5 books i've read.

                      well, ive been messing with IM on and off for about 2 years about until i run out of money. I've constantly read about how important it is to presell but somehow it hasnt clicked till now, especially hearing it from people who actually do it.

                      the most recent niches I tried were the water for gas product and the free google traffic one. I tried out some cheap travel ticket products, but their gravity was pretty low to begin with. I also advertised some pay per leads from commission junction about payday cash advances, student and auto loans. All this though was direct linked though, and I wasnt able to make any money at all.

                      to actually think about it, the only sale i got from clickbank was for a old travel blog I had set up advertising this air travel secrets product. but by the time I had made the sale, I had already given up on that ever working and moved on to what i do now.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9733].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics