Should I sell or hold?

23 replies
Hi Guys,

Need your opinion on this

I have created a website a while back hoping to start a SEO service business.

The site >> seobound.com (All payment links removed)

However, I really never have any interest in offering SEO services in the first place so I didn't bother to market it and the website was shelved for many months ... the site is 90% completed though.

I know SEO is a huge business, and good honest money can be easily made. I am just a bit loss between chasing the money and doing something I am not interested, or just sell the site away and do something else.

What do you think?
#hold #sell
  • Profile picture of the author sabluuk
    The answer is quite simple. If you do not have interest in offering these services, I would recommend to sell it.

    It is a pretty decent website so it should sell rather quick
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7487349].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    SEO service business equals a lot of man hours, customers expect results and many times expect you to over deliver.
    If your heart is not in it then i suggest you sell, why hang on to it...
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7487353].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rendell
      Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

      SEO service business equals a lot of man hours, customers expect results and many times expect you to over deliver.
      If your heart is not in it then i suggest you sell, why hang on to it...
      You are probably right, I did not quit my previous job to get involves in something that require more man hours...

      Originally Posted by sabluuk View Post

      The answer is quite simple. If you do not have interest in offering these services, I would recommend to sell it.

      It is a pretty decent website so it should sell rather quick
      Thanks for the advice
      Signature

      .
      Ever notice that people who spend money on WSO, memberships and courses, are always complaining about being broke and not making any money ?

      They should have bought ASSETS instead.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7487383].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author consulting51
    Optimization service is not so difficult to do. why not offering it while listing your site for sale. This might also increase value site. This is good idea right?
    Signature
    Free Download: Mike Chen's Secret Weapon & The 5 Minutes Traffic Ebook http://www.Knowledge-Easy.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7487429].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author salegurus
      Originally Posted by consulting51 View Post

      Optimization service is not so difficult to do. why not offering it while listing your site for sale. This might also increase value site. This is good idea right?
      Sorry but wrong...
      Try getting 100+ URL's/Domains to page one and keeping them there...
      Then keep up with Googles constant changes etc.
      Still think it's easy?

      Maybe for your own sites but not if you had dozens/hundreds of demanding customers to satisfy...
      Signature
      Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

      ― George Carlin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7487488].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ScottieDog
    Originally Posted by rendell View Post

    Hi Guys,

    Need your opinion on this

    I have created a website a while back hoping to start a SEO service business.

    The site >> seobound.com (All payment links removed)

    However, I really never have any interest in offering SEO services in the first place so I didn't bother to market it and the website was shelved for many months ... the site is 90% completed though.

    I know SEO is a huge business, and good honest money can be easily made. I am just a bit loss between chasing the money and doing something I am not interested, or just sell the site away and do something else.

    What do you think?
    Is the site currently getting any traffic?

    What is the assumed value for this site? Anyone have a view on what it´s worth?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7487606].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author shaunfm
    You should be able to sell this quickly on Flippa.Quite clean looking and not a bad url.
    Signature

    FREE REPORT....Go viral and blast your traffic results out of the park!http://bit.ly/12iu37j

    http://forexstrategieshq.com

    http://cheaponlinsshoppinghq.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7487698].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Koffing
    Normally one of these sites sell for around 100-150 on Flippa.

    Make your decision!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7487719].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ScottieDog
      Originally Posted by Koffing View Post

      Normally one of these sites sell for around 100-150 on Flippa.

      Make your decision!
      Is that price regardless of traffic?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7487727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author benzwm02
    I would sell
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7490013].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Greg71
      Sell. Doing something you don't like is a prison sentence.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7490213].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jubu
    I would sell it since you don't have any interest. Don't try to force something you don't really want.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7490386].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Danny Cutts
    Sell it.... dealing with cclients is a mugs game

    Danny
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7490409].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anandshaw
    sell it dude or just park and forget it. move to something interesting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7490870].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vikashmunda
    Banned
    Originally Posted by rendell View Post

    Hi Guys,

    Need your opinion on this

    I have created a website a while back hoping to start a SEO service business.

    The site >> seobound.com (All payment links removed)

    However, I really never have any interest in offering SEO services in the first place so I didn't bother to market it and the website was shelved for many months ... the site is 90% completed though.

    I know SEO is a huge business, and good honest money can be easily made. I am just a bit loss between chasing the money and doing something I am not interested, or just sell the site away and do something else.

    What do you think?
    I would sell if i were in your place anything requires passion to be successful in it if you don't love something you have more chances to lose in that venture.

    Sell IT And Use THE Money TO do something that you love GOOD LUCK...
    Signature
    health blog : My health blog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7490990].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Ewww, yucky poo.

    I wouldn't wish providing SEO services on my worst enemies.

    Haven't you heard, SEO is on the way out.

    It's all about paid traffic nowadays.

    Google want to be as unpredictable as possible because the more unpredictable their search engine, the more people have to use their advertising platform instead.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7491006].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author trade4861
      Just use it and outsource all the work to fiverr. Article writing, backlinks etc.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7491171].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    I've seen a whole rash of sites very similar both in layout and content listed on Flippa. It seems some sellers there just clone these and offer them over and over again. Don't know how much you could get for it, but particularly if you have no interest in selling those services, I'd list it and get rid of it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7491595].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kayfrank
    I agree with everyone else. Sell it. Its a good looking site. You've put the effort in to create it and you could benefit from that effort by selling it on.

    If you are really not interested in SEO then this is not your niche to go into. Have you thought about the kind of niche you really would be interested in? Just think what you could accomplish then!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7491623].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author samspade
    Originally Posted by rendell View Post

    Hi Guys,

    Need your opinion on this

    I have created a website a while back hoping to start a SEO service business.

    The site >> seobound.com (All payment links removed)

    However, I really never have any interest in offering SEO services in the first place so I didn't bother to market it and the website was shelved for many months ... the site is 90% completed though.

    I know SEO is a huge business, and good honest money can be easily made. I am just a bit loss between chasing the money and doing something I am not interested, or just sell the site away and do something else.

    What do you think?
    rendell,
    I have looked at the site and also noticed your alexa ranking is about 25 million in the world. I know you said that you have not promoted the site in any way, so that's probably why the ranking is so bad. if you were to sell now, you won't get much for it. Why? because there is no proof that its a profitable website. Albeit the design is good, but you need to have proof that its profitable. Also what if any are your traffic sources. Do you have organic traffic coming to the site? How many verifiable back-links do you have to the site? These are the questions that many interested buyers will ask you before they put in an offer for it. These are just a few of my thoughts.
    Signature

    You Too Can Make Money Online

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7491969].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author karlmay1980
      Originally Posted by samspade View Post

      rendell,
      I have looked at the site and also noticed your alexa ranking is about 25 million in the world. I know you said that you have not promoted the site in any way, so that's probably why the ranking is so bad. if you were to sell now, you won't get much for it. Why? because there is no proof that its a profitable website. Albeit the design is good, but you need to have proof that its profitable. Also what if any are your traffic sources. Do you have organic traffic coming to the site? How many verifiable back-links do you have to the site? These are the questions that many interested buyers will ask you before they put in an offer for it. These are just a few of my thoughts.

      Very true but if he was to sell to a business that is going to offer seo then they will have the skills to make it rank, so all of the above doesn't really matter, the design is worth a few hundred quid, but you are right it isnt a business until it can generate money so this has no value on that side yet.
      Signature
      Want To Make Your First £10,000 Online?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7492041].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author karlmay1980
    Not a bad looking site, should sell to a business already doing seo, I wouldn't build a business unless you have any heart in doing it.
    Signature
    Want To Make Your First £10,000 Online?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7492025].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author rendell
    Thanks for the advice guys.

    It so much easier to decide now ...

    I will sell the site ... thanks for the other suggestions.

    As suggested, I will:
    1) Do some marketing to get some business
    2) Build some backlinks
    3) Move the Alexa below a million

    before i get rid of it.
    Signature

    .
    Ever notice that people who spend money on WSO, memberships and courses, are always complaining about being broke and not making any money ?

    They should have bought ASSETS instead.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7493115].message }}

Trending Topics