Make money through WSO?

by ishanr
36 replies
I have written a really great eBook about my Clickbank method. It talks about the mastery mindset, how to set up and optimize a website, write products reviews, network with other bloggers, increase Google authority and increase page rank.

It is quite comprehensive and I have taken about 3 months to write it.

If I offer it as a WSO how much can I expect to earn modestly?
#make #money #wso
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    Anywhere from $0 to $1,000,000.
    That question is the same as asking how long is a piece of string.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Read my Warriors for Hire ad.
    Writer/Editor/Proofreader. Place orders.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7762228].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    You can't expect to earn anything.

    Unfortunately the WSO forum is not the money tree people think it is and it is no guarantee of earnings.

    The success of your product on this forum has a lot to do with you -- the quality of the product, the salescopy, the price, how many affiliates and jv's you will have promoting for you, etc.

    If you just stick the product on the forum and don't do much else then it won't be very successful for you at all (generally speaking).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7762618].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Malcolm Thomas
      Originally Posted by WillR View Post

      You can't expect to earn anything.

      Unfortunately the WSO forum is not the money tree people think it is and it is no guarantee of earnings.

      The success of your product on this forum has a lot to do with you -- the quality of the product, the salescopy, the price, how many affiliates and jv's you will have promoting for you, etc.

      If you just stick the product on the forum and don't do much else then it won't be very successful for you at all (generally speaking).
      This is solid advice right here. The success of your WSO will depend on the quality of your sales page, how many affiliates you have, testimonials, price range, etc.

      The most important thing you can do is to just try launching it and find out and test the results.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7763114].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MyNewMama
        In other words, the sky is the limit. You can sell anything if it's marketed properly.

        For example: People bought Dominos Pizza (which tasted like cardboard bread) for decades because they marketed it well. The pizza actually tastes good now, but back then it didn't.

        Just as Steve Jobs once said, "People don't know what they want to buy until you tell them."

        If you believe in your product, just launch it and see what happens. Just make sure it's different than everything else out there on Clickbank methods.

        Develop a UPS (unique selling position) to stand out from the rest.

        We're cheering for ya!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7763570].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author andrewkar
          Well, I would say the most important thing is affiliates.

          Of course, the value must be there but I'm assuming it is. Get as many legit affiliates on board as you can and that should help you.

          I have never made WSO (Yet!) maybe one day... who knows. Anyway, I'm saying this so you know I'm not experienced enough in this WSO subject (to give Good advice).

          It's just my opinion. Good luck!
          Signature
          Do what you want to do!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7763629].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author khooster1
    Offer a few previews to warriors of at least 150 posts. Genuinely seek their opinion on your WSO. You will probably know your range. Typically, ebook WSO cost around 5 -10 bucks. Anything more than this will probably not be selling well.

    Try to go for lower entry price as this is your 1st WSO.

    Beside this, you need to work on sales page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7762630].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jvm127
    I'm currently taking Kenster's Six Figure Alliance course. The course is all about learning how to create a product and successfully launch it. The course is incredibly comprehensive and I've had to go over most of the material at least twice so I make sure I get it. If you can get in the next time he opens it up I highly recommend it. He not only provides the course but provides personal mentoring along the way and to me that is just as valuable as the material itself.

    One thing many first time product launchers do is give it away for free in exchange for an opt-in to their list and/or a testimonial. Although this generats no income it could greatly set you up for a much bigger and more successful product launch in the future.

    Best of luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7762954].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salmanijaz
    Contact some JV brokers and try to evaluate the product .... if any of the big names got interested you may be in for a treat .... its a good way to weigh your product ....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7762979].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nino
    You can't expect to make a lot of money with a WSO with a 3 months book. If your product isn't "life changing"... then you probably won't even make the cost of the thread.

    The product doesn't matter a lot in these times, unless it's extraordinary and from what i see ... it's just another ebook on clickbank. What's the difference between yours and the other 1.1 million books that say the same thing?

    Sure you can still have some kind of success but you'll need to do an awesome job on the other elements (Salespage, jvs, testimonials...)
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7763198].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Stuart Walker
      Originally Posted by ishanr View Post

      Great advice from all of you. Thank you.

      I think the difference between mine and the other ebooks around would be that mine deals with the entire cycle and doesn't leave out anything.

      Furthermore I dedicate two complete chapters on the mindset which is important to earn money through Clickbank.
      Most people who sell high volumes of WSOs these days do so by having lots of affiliates on board and if you aren't known to them the chances of many promoting your product (unless it's super amazing and they get the chance to see it) are slim. You'll have to do a lot of networking and simply harassing them to promote your product won't work, it all takes time to build connections. Plus if you don't have a big list and can promote their products back then many won't even consider it.

      Even though you've spent 3 months perfecting this Clickbank ebook and have 2 chapters about mindset (important or not) doesn't mean anything to the buyers or the JVs. People tend to want to buy and promote something which is new, exciting and interesting and sadly Clickbank isn't either of those things. I have a Clickbank WSO and it's my worst selling WSO.

      In my personal experience you'd be better building up your list through some low priced WSOs (my testing shows that $1 WSOs do almost as well as free ones, so makes sense to build a buyers list) and getting a few products out so you've got something to offer to the affiliates / JVs before you approach them.

      Just my personal experience.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7763399].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mikehuff
        Truthfully WSOs don't sell super well unless you have some good affiliates on board, and well, they won't get on board for an ebook with anything less than 75% commission being offered.

        So money-wise? I wouldn't set that up as the goal for this one. I'd put commissions at 100% to get as many good affiliates as I could to promote and build out the back end. At least you'll build your list with buyers this way.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7763493].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mikehuff
        Originally Posted by RockingLastsForever View Post

        Most people who sell high volumes of WSOs these days do so by having lots of affiliates on board and if you aren't known to them the chances of many promoting your product (unless it's super amazing and they get the chance to see it) are slim. You'll have to do a lot of networking and simply harassing them to promote your product won't work, it all takes time to build connections. Plus if you don't have a big list and can promote their products back then many won't even consider it.

        Even though you've spent 3 months perfecting this Clickbank ebook and have 2 chapters about mindset (important or not) doesn't mean anything to the buyers or the JVs. People tend to want to buy and promote something which is new, exciting and interesting and sadly Clickbank isn't either of those things. I have a Clickbank WSO and it's my worst selling WSO.

        In my personal experience you'd be better building up your list through some low priced WSOs (my testing shows that $1 WSOs do almost as well as free ones, so makes sense to build a buyers list) and getting a few products out so you've got something to offer to the affiliates / JVs before you approach them.

        Just my personal experience.
        Crap, didn't see this somehow. Yep, that about sums it up.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7763506].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andy Fang
    Don't expect to earn anything without good marketing. I suggest creating a user friendly graphical interface for your WSO. It's all it takes to greatly increase your conversion rates.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7763873].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author David Moore
      I've only purchased maybe 3 trashy WSOs. All of them have something to offer, but nothing special... how unique is yours, how much value can your provide for the reader, how money they will make if they simply follow your method, that is the question. If you can answer all of that, I am sure your WSO will doing alright, but you should aim low or fall high mate
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7763954].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wordpressmania
    first you need to gain trust among the forum users. Believe me, you will be able to make smart $$$

    So your first WSO can be the first step to gain trust, think it as a investment and continue releasing WSO.

    So, you now know the rule of thumb, try it for yourself and you will be surprised to see the result.

    Hope this helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7763901].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Andy Fang
      Originally Posted by wordpressmania View Post

      first you need to gain trust among the forum users. Believe me, you will be able to make smart $$$

      So your first WSO can be the first step to gain trust, think it as a investment and continue releasing WSO.

      So, you now know the rule of thumb, try it for yourself and you will be surprised to see the result.

      Hope this helps.
      A great product guarantees that. These questions are pointless, just open a WSO with a great product and all your problems are solved.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7763908].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author joseph7384
        [DELETED]
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7766371].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Malcolm Thomas
          Originally Posted by joseph7384 View Post

          That is a recipe for disaster! It's like saying "Build it and the will come".

          You can have the best product in the world but if you just slap it up and do nothing, you won't get any sales.

          Joe blow comes along with a piece of crap mediocre product, promotes the crap out of it with JV'S, early bird sign up prelaunch and other marketing avenues and hits it out of the ball park.
          This. There's more to launching a successful WSO than just creating a great product and hoping that it sells.

          You must have a good high converting sales copy, good affiliates who can help you promote your product, great testimonials to give you social proof, etc.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7766440].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Andy Fang
          Originally Posted by joseph7384 View Post

          That is a recipe for disaster! It's like saying "Build it and the will come".

          You can have the best product in the world but if you just slap it up and do nothing, you won't get any sales.

          Joe blow comes along with a piece of crap mediocre product, promotes the crap out of it with JV'S, early bird sign up prelaunch and other marketing avenues and hits it out of the ball park.
          You can market your WSO all you want, if customers aren't satisifed you won't get future sales. Marketing is customer satisfaction. Focus on driving money in your wallet and you'll miss out. Money just comes along the way.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7767674].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Haroon Ballim
            The biggest factor is having a big JV partner or super affiliates marketing your WSO . Yes , the quality of the product is important for your credibility but no matter how great the product , if you dont have a giant list yourself than make sure u get as many top affiliates as possible .

            That is crucial . Without top afiliates and a great marketing campaign you'll struggle to make your $40 wso fee back before u drop to page 3.

            Originally Posted by Andy Fang View Post

            You can market your WSO all you want, if customers aren't satisifed you won't get future sales. Marketing is customer satisfaction. Focus on driving money in your wallet and you'll miss out. Money just comes along the way.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7768079].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tanya E
    There are many Warriors who are keen to learn new ways of promoting Clickbank products because of the high commissions. I think you should be able to earn well if you promote your WSO through affiliates.

    Originally Posted by ishanr View Post

    I have written a really great eBook about my Clickbank method. It talks about the mastery mindset, how to set up and optimize a website, write products reviews, network with other bloggers, increase Google authority and increase page rank.

    It is quite comprehensive and I have taken about 3 months to write it.

    If I offer it as a WSO how much can I expect to earn modestly?
    Signature
    ...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7764526].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author masterjani
    Build a Good list and Make some good Warrior contacts and find many affiliates. Last but not least create a useful product. That will do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7764587].message }}
    • Some great feedback here.

      I would strongly recommend hunting out one of the more successful WSO writers and see if they'll partner up with you to help launch it the best way from the start. Once you go through the process, you probably won't need assistance on your next one.

      Good luck!
      Signature
      Make Big Money in South Florida Real Estate!
      Our real estate team takes your online and offline generated home buyer and seller leads, and converts them into BIG money in return. We're currently looking for international partners located in UK, Russia, China, Brazil, and more. PM me today for more information. Start earning what your worth by creating a niche in real estate.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7764600].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cratos
    It depends allot on the quality that you have to offer to buyers. Ive also purchased some useless wsos in the past and have returned them for a refund conveniently. So keep that in mind, if you don't offer quality you will get many returns.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7765099].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter

      If I offer it as a WSO how much can I expect to earn modestly?
      How much are you planning to charge?

      Also, a lot of times it's not even about the WSO - but about your backend funnel or as was mentioned having affiliates or social connections and/or a list in place.

      I think too that you should change the question - for yourself.

      The question you should ask yourself - "How much would I like to earn off of this WSO?"

      This will make you think/learn more ways to monetize off the one offer.
      Signature

      "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7765372].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stuart Walker
    Most people do the cheap WSOs for lead generation only so they can upsell in their back end funnel to coaching and so on.

    Go look at the listings in WSO Pro for WSOs released in the past week. Most have sold less than 25.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7765650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JayPeete
    Use your method to make a lot of money for other potential JV's that you would love to do business with. When you make them money they will automatically notice you. Ask them if you can do anything else to help them out and do it well if they say "yes."

    Once you make about 3 of those types of connections launch your product and those people that you helped will want to return the favor. At that point I'd be willing to bet that your WSO will knock it out of the park! As for the numbers, no one could ever say for certain. Just launch it and see. Even if it flops you will still be successful because of the experience that you've gained.
    Signature
    What Misunderstood Traffic Source SUCKS In
    3 Million Visitors Daily and Spits Out
    $560.81 Per Day In Commissions?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7766338].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wonderfullife
    This content is always popular in internet marketing. You can market it well by your experience and the price will depends on the value your ebook deliver to your targeted customers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7766408].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author XponentSYS
    Originally Posted by ishanr View Post

    If I offer it as a WSO how much can I expect to earn modestly?
    $27,341.67
    Signature
    "Hybrid Method" Gets 120,846 TARGETED VISITORS
    To Any Site in ANY NICHE!

    NOW FREE IN THE WAR ROOM! CLICK HERE!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7767919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kaymehelp
    use the method listed in your ebook to make money
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7768005].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    This is very important...

    Learn how to LAUNCH your product. The sales process, the marketing, and positioning, the sales letter, the affiliate recruitment are all substantially more important when you are starting than the actual product (for better or worse).

    Having a great product IS NOT enough

    Structuring a great launch IS enough
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7769632].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TomYevsikov
    Kenzter is right, it's a part of your marketing..

    product launching? it's a process too.

    Don't just launch it and find out, that'd be weird.

    learn HOW to launch it, and then launch it.

    And yes, a great product is not enough, It's a MUST, but not enough.

    way to go ken
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7769646].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7769705].message }}

Trending Topics