36 replies
Hello everybody,

I recently started my venture into IM and created a few websites with reviews and products. So fare I made around 150ish dollars. woopdiedo.

I now would like to get some feedback on what I can improve on this site as I get around 30 to 40 views a day and very few click trues let a lone sales.

Supplements Product Review |

Any input how to improve the site would be much appreciated.

Regards Walter

PS: I also started to redesign the page so don't mind the double post on the front page.
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Silvey
    First thing is to try to make it easy for your viewers to focus on the content.

    I would darken the background and maybe use a bolder font for ease of reading.

    I would also backtrack on what products you sold and in which way. If you have a decent selling product, you want to optimize your marketing strategy. You did something right. Rinse and repeat .
    Signature
    WP Animate - Increases Conversions & Clicks!
    Create Amazing CSS3 Animations in just a few Clicks - New!

    WPHeadline.net - Create Blazing Headlines in just a few clicks. Updated to WordPress 4.1.1
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8040472].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Walter117
      Originally Posted by Chris Silvey View Post

      First thing is to try to make it easy for your viewers to focus on the content.

      I would darken the background and maybe use a bolder font for ease of reading.

      I would also backtrack on what products you sold and in which way. If you have a decent selling product, you want to optimize your marketing strategy. You did something right. Rinse and repeat .
      I need to learn a lot in terms of page desigen. Wordpess is not my friend when it comes to selecting fonts and adding images
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8040493].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DeanSoto
    Your site looks fine to me. Honestly, because of this fact that you actually earn money from the site I think you are just fine. Most people don't earn a dime online, especially with niche sites with all the craziness that Google has been going through over the last two or three years.

    My only advice, if you make a change I would wait at least a month to gather data before you make any other changes. That way you have enough information to know whether or not a change (or drastic change) needs to be made. If you've already made $150, that's pretty awesome.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8040494].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Walter117
      Originally Posted by DeanSoto View Post

      Your site looks fine to me. Honestly, because of this fact that you actually earn money from the site I think you are just fine. Most people don't earn a dime online, especially with niche sites with all the craziness that Google has been going through over the last two or three years.

      My only advice, if you make a change I would wait at least a month to gather data before you make any other changes. That way you have enough information to know whether or not a change (or drastic change) needs to be made. If you've already made $150, that's pretty awesome.
      Yes it is some money and it is what keeps me going but 150,- over the coerce of 4 mounts is not good . As I stated I get decent traffic, not great but traffic non the less. Just my click true rate is horrible therefore I think I still have a roadblock in place to make real money
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8040507].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Walter117
    Originally Posted by MANISH693 View Post

    Hi Walter,
    You can customize your site, As per my opinion you need to change the theme, try weaver 11 it's a amazing free theme from word press, customize the header after downloading the theme, you can outsource the header image from Fiverr add some widgets in to the side bar of the blog.you can put the Adsence codes in the widget so the ads will displays in to your site and you can get some clicks through ads as well
    Rest is fine, Hope this might help ?
    Yea my current logo is only a placeholder. I have a good friend of mine who is working on a new logo.

    I will check weaver 11 out but will leave the page for now to get more comments first. Thank you for your input. Any advise on the content it self? specially the reviews?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8040498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenny T
    Hey Walter117,
    It's great that you made $150 and with an OK looking website. Just few suggestions if you are gettig 30-40 visitors/month; why don't u try reducing your sliding bar to half and put an optin form right beside it offering any PLR ebook for FREE so you can capture their emails and you can promote them health products or supplement products from Clickbank. You can also use a popup optin form when they visit your sit. This way you can have an email list and make affiliate commissions as well. Just my thoughts and suggestion. You can also the site a little more appealing by making the navigation widgets bold or highlighting them.
    Cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8040985].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Walter117
      Originally Posted by Kenny T View Post

      Hey Walter117,
      It's great that you made $150 and with an OK looking website. Just few suggestions if you are gettig 30-40 visitors/month; why don't u try reducing your sliding bar to half and put an optin form right beside it offering any PLR ebook for FREE so you can capture their emails and you can promote them health products or supplement products from Clickbank. You can also use a popup optin form when they visit your sit. This way you can have an email list and make affiliate commissions as well. Just my thoughts and suggestion. You can also the site a little more appealing by making the navigation widgets bold or highlighting them.
      Cheers
      I placed a PLR product on the main page below the slider to build a list and redirect to a clickbank offer on the thank you page. You think it will convert better on the slider?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8041031].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RobinInTexas
    I see it and my first thought is it looks like a news site and don't know why the site is there. I see three products presented with no focus. the "slider" is obscure. it looks like a header image, and until I saw comments here I thought that's all it was.

    I'd replace the theme with a 1 column + sidebar theme with featured products and perhaps other widgets in the sidebar
    Signature

    Robin



    ...Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just set there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8041045].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Walter117
      Originally Posted by RobinInTexas View Post

      I see it and my first thought is it looks like a news site and don't know why the site is there. I see three products presented with no focus. the "slider" is obscure. it looks like a header image, and until I saw comments here I thought that's all it was.

      I'd replace the theme with a 1 column + sidebar theme with featured products and perhaps other widgets in the sidebar
      As this was no mentioned twice i will change the theme. Any input on the articles them self?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8041055].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matt Kendo
    My first thought after looking is that the header is misspelled(d). It should say supplement not supplements!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8041078].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Walter117
      Originally Posted by Matt Kendo View Post

      My first thought after looking is that the header is misspelled(d). It should say supplement not supplements!
      well the domain with only supplement in the name was taken so that was by choice.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8041095].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Matt Kendo
        Originally Posted by Walter117 View Post

        well the domain with only supplement in the name was taken so that was by choice.
        The title of the site does not have to match the domain, and, in fact, helps SEO for rankings much more than the url. I don't know what keywords you may be trying to rank for but it looks misspelled in the context that it is written
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8045868].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Charli
          When working on health or wellness sites I would use light blue/light green colors. Check out MayoClinic, WebMD, etc., most medical type sites use this color. Stay away from black on health sites UNLESS it's a rock-star body building site.

          Color theory is very important for building websites.

          1. Get rid of the slider
          2. Get a good logo to "brand" yourself
          3. Have an "about us" page
          4. Have a "contact" page
          5. Get social bookmarks that the web surfer can actually "see" - your on the right hand top in light gray barely visible
          6. Cut all your paragraphs to only 4 lines in length - this helps the reader's eyes move quickly down the page
          That's all I have right now.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8045944].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Walter117
    I made some changes based on your guys recommendations. I Put my pages with my email list building and CB offers in the slider, changed the page to have it look more like a traditional blog and mad some changes to the sidebar. What you guys think? anything else i should change? add remove improve?

    I appreciate all the help you guys gave me and are still giving.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8041946].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ThorBorwick
    Originally Posted by Walter117 View Post

    Hello everybody,

    I recently started my venture into IM and created a few websites with reviews and products. So fare I made around 150ish dollars. woopdiedo.

    I now would like to get some feedback on what I can improve on this site as I get around 30 to 40 views a day and very few click trues let a lone sales.

    Supplements Product Review |

    Any input how to improve the site would be much appreciated.

    Regards Walter

    PS: I also started to redesign the page so don't mind the double post on the front page.
    Ok...I`m not going to give you advice as a warrior here but as a user of bodybuilding supplements.

    This site doesn`t look appealing to me. You should add A LOT more testosterone(not literarely lol) in to the site. If I (as a user of supplements) visited your site,I would instantly click the back button and go on to the next page.

    I assume that your targetgroup is mostly men? Ofcourse women buy supplements too,but to me it looks like men are the real spenders in this niche.

    So my honest suggestions are:
    -Your giveaway looks boring. I would definetly call it something else like: "How to get killer abs in 3 months" or something like that. I would also change the book cover to something more appealing,like a screaming bodybuilder or something,where the picture focus on the upper body.

    -In your slideshow you should maybe put in some"action pictures" of big muscle men instead of that woman.

    -Use darker colors. This page looks kind of sterile to me. This isn`t a site about "the best dental products". It is a site about supplements where your main customerbase are men.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8043878].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Walter117
      Originally Posted by ThorBorwick View Post

      Ok...I`m not going to give you advice as a warrior here but as a user of bodybuilding supplements.

      This site doesn`t look appealing to me. You should add A LOT more testosterone(not literarely lol) in to the site. If I (as a user of supplements) visited your site,I would instantly click the back button and go on to the next page.

      I assume that your targetgroup is mostly men? Ofcourse women buy supplements too,but to me it looks like men are the real spenders in this niche.

      So my honest suggestions are:
      -Your giveaway looks boring. I would definetly call it something else like: "How to get killer abs in 3 months" or something like that. I would also change the book cover to something more appealing,like a screaming bodybuilder or something,where the picture focus on the upper body.

      -In your slideshow you should maybe put in some"action pictures" of big muscle men instead of that woman.

      -Use darker colors. This page looks kind of sterile to me. This isn`t a site about "the best dental products". It is a site about supplements where your main customerbase are men.
      I start to see what I am doing wrong. When i selected the products I only picked products which where selling well with out thinking about who my buyers potentially would be.

      Changing the color and the picture is the easiest part. The giveaway I selected based on what I had flying around on my HDD with out much thought and yea so far I have almost nobody signing up.

      seems back to the with board and start thinking about more focus on the niche.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8044100].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lgizzle
    Originally Posted by Walter117 View Post

    Hello everybody,

    I recently started my venture into IM and created a few websites with reviews and products. So fare I made around 150ish dollars. woopdiedo.

    I now would like to get some feedback on what I can improve on this site as I get around 30 to 40 views a day and very few click trues let a lone sales.

    Supplements Product Review |

    Any input how to improve the site would be much appreciated.

    Regards Walter

    PS: I also started to redesign the page so don't mind the double post on the front page.
    Hi Walter,

    First let me say that you have made more money online than I have in 7 years! So that's a good thing even if it is over the course of 4 months.

    I'm saying this from a consumer standpoint and from someone who does take supplements on the regular.

    I just had too many options to choose from. I was actually interested in it myself when I got there. That's the consumer in me. :-) But like I said, I just felt overwhelmed with there being so many products you were reviewing. Personally before I make a purchase on something I'm unsure of, I do exactly what your site is about - review.

    I'll go over to amazon and type in the product in question and see how many stars it got and how many people reviewed it. You should incorporate that into your review. Believe me it works. I buy based on that.

    Also, I had to scroll too far down the page to see everything and it just made me feel like it was too much on top of there being 6 items. So between a lot of scrolling and 6 products and then a content only post was in between the last two products I just wouldn't buy.

    So in summary, lessen your review to maybe 3 products at a time, try to reduce all the scrolling that has to be done, and incorporate a grading system whether it's a 1-5 system, a stars system, or the 1-10 system. I would be more inclined to buy then.

    -Lawrence
    Signature

    To desire is to expect, to expect is to achieve. The advancing life is the true life. The life we are all intended to live.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8043909].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lgizzle
      Originally Posted by Art of Marketing View Post

      @ Lawrence your sig just crush me on the inside. Please PM anytime if you need and I will do my best to change that for you in record time in addition to what your coaching is doing for you.

      -Art
      Hi Art,

      Thanks for that, I'll shoot you a PM.

      -Lawrence
      Signature

      To desire is to expect, to expect is to achieve. The advancing life is the true life. The life we are all intended to live.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8043997].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Walter117
      Originally Posted by lgizzle View Post

      Hi Walter,

      First let me say that you have made more money online than I have in 7 years! So that's a good thing even if it is over the course of 4 months.

      I'm saying this from a consumer standpoint and from someone who does take supplements on the regular.

      I just had too many options to choose from. I was actually interested in it myself when I got there. That's the consumer in me. :-) But like I said, I just felt overwhelmed with there being so many products you were reviewing. Personally before I make a purchase on something I'm unsure of, I do exactly what your site is about - review.

      I'll go over to amazon and type in the product in question and see how many stars it got and how many people reviewed it. You should incorporate that into your review. Believe me it works. I buy based on that.

      Also, I had to scroll too far down the page to see everything and it just made me feel like it was too much on top of there being 6 items. So between a lot of scrolling and 6 products and then a content only post was in between the last two products I just wouldn't buy.

      So in summary, lessen your review to maybe 3 products at a time, try to reduce all the scrolling that has to be done, and incorporate a grading system whether it's a 1-5 system, a stars system, or the 1-10 system. I would be more inclined to buy then.

      -Lawrence
      Thank you for your advise. I tried to find a good rating system. Even a plugin where i can compare products on one page with tables and check marks but could not find anything yet.

      You stated I have to many reviews. I was actually planing to add more as I want to keep adding content and reviews to the site. Now should I remove some or trow an all out and focus on muscle building supplements? or keep adding and organize them better over time?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8044106].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lgizzle
        Originally Posted by Walter117 View Post

        Thank you for your advise. I tried to find a good rating system. Even a plugin where i can compare products on one page with tables and check marks but could not find anything yet.

        You stated I have to many reviews. I was actually planing to add more as I want to keep adding content and reviews to the site. Now should I remove some or trow an all out and focus on muscle building supplements? or keep adding and organize them better over time?
        Hi Walter,

        I went back to your site again and checked it out. The reason why I suggested doing maybe 3 at a time is because that's the template that I see a lot affiliates use and they continue to use in various niches. The only reason this type of review site has popped up all over the internet and hasn't gone away is because it works. So here is what you can do.

        Since you have different types of products on there make your homepage be about the top 3 in your opinion in a particular category that you feel are either the best selling, give you the highest commission, or some other metric.

        Now for your other categories of products put them on a separate page and drive traffic to that one with the same setup. This way you don't have to necessarily get rid of them, just make it easier for your customers to make a decision. This will also allow you to make your traffic more targeted that goes to that particular page.

        Now as far as the rating system goes, that's an easy fix. Just gotta think outside the box a little bit. No plugin? No problem. Just do a google search for "5 star rating sytem" and save the image to your hard drive and put that right beside your post of the product. You can even give credit to where you got it from at the very bottom of your post with something like "this picture courtesy of www.TheSiteYouGotItFrom.com".

        If that won't work, just put some stars next to each in microsoft word and then use the Snipping Tool if you are on a Windows computer and you can snip just the stars. That way you look professional, clean, and crisp.

        Just my opinion here, so if you can use something and it helps you great. If you aren't able to use anything that is still good because you will be getting closer to what does work. I'm glad to be of help to you. I wish you the best Walter.

        -Lawrence
        Signature

        To desire is to expect, to expect is to achieve. The advancing life is the true life. The life we are all intended to live.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8046645].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Walter117
      Originally Posted by Art of Marketing View Post

      Hi Walter,

      Wanting to improve it is huge right from the start.

      First I did not see was an opt in incentive to collect emails...that can be a life blood to your business to get additional chances to promote.

      If your site was at a party it would be a wall flower. Not dancing..not engaging, and not a looker. :p

      Check out this site....its crazy but its got a personality and its profitable.

      http://goodlookingloser.com/

      Its an outrageous site that I stayed on alot longer than I ever thought I would checking out his style once I found it.

      He knows his niche. He knows how to separate from the pack and has element of entertainment as well.

      You do not have to go to this end of the spectrum but you can find yourself doing quite well in the middle of where you are now and this example.

      OK good luck.

      -Art
      lol I like his site and see what you are saying and definitely is a guy site To bad I am not a good writer and outsource most of my writhing. The problem is you don't get that kind of writhing unless you do it your self.

      Any recommendation where to find that kind of writhing or any kind other then the professional kinda style?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8044114].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author january14n
    I find your site very clean though I think it would be better if you use dark color instead as I see health sites to be in that color and I think it would be best if you try that one too.
    Signature
    No Clicking Here - I Repeat No Clicking Here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8043975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tacitinc
    Ballsy move throwing your niche out there like that kudos.
    just kidding, i'm not going to steal your niche, but i'm sure you just had about 300 kids trolling this form launch domains roughly parallel to yours after seeing this thread haha
    But anyways, i dig the layout - slider is a little boring might want to throw in a different fade just for visual aesthetics also your content as far as pictures go is very scamy/spamy looking, focus on more organic looking pics / interpersonal based write ups which seem more genuine for the niche instead of coming off like an infomercial ya know?
    Also on a side note i would highly recommend a email sub somewhere on homepage Start building that list!! Be Well o_O
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8044391].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Walter117
      Originally Posted by tacitinc View Post

      Ballsy move throwing your niche out there like that kudos.
      just kidding, i'm not going to steal your niche, but i'm sure you just had about 300 kids trolling this form launch domains roughly parallel to yours after seeing this thread haha
      But anyways, i dig the layout - slider is a little boring might want to throw in a different fade just for visual aesthetics also your content as far as pictures go is very scamy/spamy looking, focus on more organic looking pics / interpersonal based write ups which seem more genuine for the niche instead of coming off like an infomercial ya know?
      Also on a side note i would highly recommend a email sub somewhere on homepage Start building that list!! Be Well o_O
      Maybe I am giving away my niche who knows . But this is not my only niche I am in and I am learning quite a bit from on this post. More then I was able to learn from all the guides I was reading as guides can only take you so far. And I can apply what I learn here to my other niches.

      As fare as the picture goes can you give me an example as organic is not really telling me much at this point.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8044678].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrgoe
    I don`t know how the page looked like when you first made this thread, but now that I see it, it looks nice, great work for a starter.
    Signature
    Want To Rank on The First Page of Google? Try This:
    - Strong Authority Articles on PBNope.Com and
    - SEO Diversification Package From Rankcol.Com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8044489].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nick2910
    Here are some of my tips:

    -Change the heading. It looks a little amateurish like out of wordart or something.
    - As someone else mentioned, create something to brand yourself with. Something that sticks in the mind of your customers.
    - Place an opt-in box with a free giveaway at the top of your page so it is one of the first things your visitors see. Also make sure the free giveaway is of value so they know that you are legit.
    - Also, going off another suggestion; create an 'about us' or 'about me' page so people know what the site is for and what you are trying to do online. It helps with making your name and business genuine.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8046522].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Romaine
    How passionate are you about supplements?

    How much do you really know about supplements?
    Signature

    BS free SEO services, training and advice - SEO Point

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8046660].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Walter117
    I appreciate the feedback I am getting so fare and am learning a lot but what I seem to 100% miss is the message everybody is getting from my site. It suppose to be about losing weight and weight loss supplements not buddy building and muscle building, So I obviously are completely off beat with my site. I know quite a bit about loosing weight but not so much in the build muscle area. I will redesign my site in the next few days completely and focus on article of loosing weight and incorporate links to products. And will soooooo work on page design as It seems the biggest lacking area.

    Thank you all. Starting this post made me sit back for a moment and actual look at what I was doing. As I was just adding stuff with out a plan and didn't even notice it. Focusing only on articles with out really thinking what I am adding as I just wanted to sell and not having the customer in mind.

    I am still trying to figure out how to incorporate and improve on what I have in my new plan for my site with out starting from scratch.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8046773].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JoeMack
    Walter...

    You are doing fantastic, man! Some experts suggest that between 90-95% of people never make a single penny online....EVER. SO the fact that you have made $150 makes you extraordinary.

    Yes you can modify your site and split testing should be something that you continually do until you can no longer improve your conversion rates.

    Also, bringing in more traffic will always bring in more sales. Guest blogging, articles, blog commenting, Facebook, etc. Build backlinks back to your website.

    Much Success,

    JoeMack
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8047664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sushiman1111
    1. Get someone to check the English on the site for you. Specifically, spelling errors and lack of hyphenation makes some parts hard to read.

    2. I'd create a nickname for your Admin account that sounds like a real person (Jake, Sarah, whatever) and have all your posts written by that person instead of "Admin". Better yet, create a few names and make it seem like lots of people are contributing content.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8047694].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Scholak
    Walter, You give me hope. I have been running my websites since late last year and I have not made a single cent.

    Someone, please let me know what I'm doing wrong?
    my websites are :

    My Weight Loss After 40 - Living Light after 40.

    Dating, Marriage, Marriage Foundation, how to save my marriage, Divorce
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8047805].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ymest
    The site is good- graphics etc! I wouldn't change anything! It looks professional and there aren't hundreds of picks jumping at you, so keep it this way!

    I'd focus on content, content, and content! You could add another category or maybe too?

    You already have an opt in form, but I'd add a box on the side and maybe another one after each posts with this on it - DON'T MISS ANOTHER POST- JOIN MY LIST TODAY-! I prefer those to the pop-up boxes for instance.

    Your site is called supplements product reviews so you should have a REVIEWS category somewhere for instance.

    You can then start having sub categories etc and grow your site accordingly as well as your list!

    Also, the pic with the overweight woman NEEDS TO GO....LOL! This doesn't look serious, IMAO!

    Hope that helps!

    Good luck

    Yoan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8047823].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author stafford
      I think the site looks good, very clean and uncluttered, but that's a personal preference for me.

      One thing I would do is make sure your content is more personalized to the reader. For instance, in your motivation post, you jump right into, "Motivating your self can be very difficult."

      I would start it with a question to the reader and make it more personal. "Are you struggling with keeping yourself motivated? It can be one of the biggest obstacles you face when trying to lose weight, get more exercise or accomplish any goal you set for yourself."


      For the Naturewise Green Coffee Bean and the Garcinia Cambogia Extract, I would open with something like, "Have you tried NatureWise's Green Coffee Bean Extract? This product has worked wonders for many people in their attempt to lose weight."

      These are just my thoughts.

      People like to read content that speaks to them personally and they also like to feel like a friend is speaking to them.

      Hope that helps.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8047885].message }}

Trending Topics