My Top 3 Traffic Strategies

39 replies
Hi Fellow Warriors

I wanted to create a quick post to share my Top 3 most effective traffic strategies.

Over the past 7 years I've tested hundreds of different traffic strategies
and these 3 have continued to be our top dogs over and over again.

I personally like to track everything using Adtrackz Gold so I know
exactly which sources are converting highest into subscribers and sales.

So without further ado - here are my Top 3. I'd love for you to share your favorites as well!


1. Facebook Ads.

When it comes to media buying and generating traffic on demand this is by far
my favorite source. We're having a lot of really good results using Facebook
Sponsored stories in the News Feed.

Facebook allows you to get laser-targeted in front of your exact audience.
Whether that's parents of 3 year olds or women 20-28 who have a wedding
in 3 months or less. You can hone in on your EXACT audience in a way that
no other platform has allowed us to do previously.

It's a great place to create consistent lead flow and subscriber growth even on a small daily budget.

It's a lot like Adwords was in the beginning. A LOT of traffic available at very affordable prices.


2. Blogger Outreach.


This one is a bit more time-intensive but it's the exact strategy I use to get
my first 100 retweets and facebook likes.

I like to send out at least 100 fun, personalized emails to related bloggers / social media influencers.

You can find related bloggers using sites like:

Technorati.com
WeFollow.com
Twellow.com
FindPeopleOnPlus.com
CircleCount.com
AllTop.com
Topsy.com
FanPageList.com


Here's a sample email:

Hey Kim!

I am LOVING your twitter stream. Soooo much cool stuff.
I found a ton of blogging tips just reading through
your tweets

Just added you to one of my Twitter Lists of 'Cool Bloggers'
so I don't miss any of your updates.

I also just published a new blog post I think you might like...

It was retweeted yesterday by Neil Patel

http://mytrafficmentor.com/blog-5000/

We're doing a little internal contest to try and get 100 retweets
so if you're able to share it that would be super cool. I'd probably
do a little happy dance in my chair lol

Also, please do let me know if there's ever anything I can do for you.

Cheers,

Kim


Have Fun and get creative with it!

Look for connections that you can make with the blogger. Similar hobbies,
interest, coffee addiction

I've met soooooo many cool bloggers this way. Just remember to keep it
personal. Don't just blast out emails for the sake of it.


3. Forum Marketing.

It's old-school but it's STILL one of the best traffic drivers around.

And extremely high-quality traffic at that.

Forums allow you to tap into a laser-targeted audience.

It's literally one of the few places online where you can generate high-quality traffic within 10 minutes.

But the key is to provide MASSIVE value.

There are currently millions of conversations taking place around the web
about parenting, photography, fitness, pet care, personal finance, traveling,
and every other topic under the sun.

By adding VALUE to these conversations, you can generate hundreds of visitors per day.

When I first got started online, this was the main strategy I used to start building my subscriber list.

There is simply no other strategy out there that works this quickly, this effectively, and completely for free.


So now it's your turn

What are your top 3 favorite traffic strategies?


- Kim
#strategies #top #traffic
  • Profile picture of the author LimitlessTraffic
    FB PPC as my primary traffic source.

    Bing ads PPC

    and Solo ads!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8557913].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author troy23
    YouTube works well for me over the years.
    Slideshare brings some visitors also.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8557920].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nefirious
      Pay Per Click Advertisements like Bing Ads and Google Adwords, PPVand CPV Advertisements, Forums like these, never used blog outreach, neither do I think it drives any traffic unless you already have your articles archived on media outlets, the big ones. Social Media Advertising including Facebook Campaigns, Stumbleupon, Reddit and Foursquare.
      It also depends what niche you're marketing, if its a new product or site that is being advertised then I'd say settle for something like Bing Ads or Google Adwords. If you are already established then go for other media buys, they are expensive, but the traffic they drive is insane.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8557953].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author prem khaira
    Banned
    FOr me it would be YouTube, FaceBook, Forum Marketing. Great share btw.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8557957].message }}
  • Hi Kim, I appreciate especially the technique 2, blogger outreach.
    By my side I use automated social posting of blog posts, and I use the same blog post on my daily newsletter. With this I can get around 600 to 750 uniques a day to my blog.

    Then I used FB Ads but only for promoting affiliate products.
    And forum marketing was one of my favorite until a few time ago, now I outsource it for pennies

    Thanks so much for the share, and see you soon,
    Alessandro
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8558013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kim Roach
    You guys ROCK!

    Thanks so much for all the additions

    Cheers,

    Kim
    Signature
    (Blog Traffic Checklist) - How to Generate 1,000+ Visitors to EVERY New Blog Post You Create...

    12-Step Traffic Checklist


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8558059].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stefan Shields
    This thread is a fine example of number 3.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8558194].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Laura Raisanen
    I get loads from JustRetweet, blog hopping & commenting and solo ads.

    Fantastic share yet again, Kim
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8558223].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Larry Leggett
    I am a big fan of Forum marketing because every good forum contains a lot of users and if you can interact with the forum members regularly, it will provide a lot of targeted traffic to your website. Also, I take Yahoo Answers into account for traffic. Thanks a lot for sharing your top traffic strategies.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8558238].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Stefan Shields
      Originally Posted by Larry Leggett View Post

      I am a big fan of Forum marketing because every good forum contains a lot of users and if you can interact with the forum members regularly, it will provide a lot of targeted traffic to your website. Also, I take Yahoo Answers into account for traffic. Thanks a lot for sharing your top traffic strategies.
      Does Yahoo Answers work well for you?

      I have never really thought about it as a viable method of traffic considering how linking to your own sites too often would be blocked by the spam police.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8558342].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kim Roach
        You're going to get a LOT more traffic from forums vs. Yahoo Answers.
        Signature
        (Blog Traffic Checklist) - How to Generate 1,000+ Visitors to EVERY New Blog Post You Create...

        12-Step Traffic Checklist


        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8558555].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author celente
          Originally Posted by Kim Roach View Post

          You're going to get a LOT more traffic from forums vs. Yahoo Answers.
          Dunno if you will get alot more. But you sure will get HIGHLY TARGETED and HIGHLY QUALIFIED prospect, who are more likely to subscribe, buy and or be more interested in your stuff. I have found that over the years with YA, and especiallly forums.

          Paid ads at the top of high traffic forums, over the years have bought in THOUSANDS in profits for us. WHY? Well I cannot think of anything more targeted than this.

          if you going to where your most likely client is, and advertising, that is how you win this game. And for us is has been not only very rewarding, but HIGH PROFITABLE too.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8559245].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author agmccall
          Originally Posted by Kim Roach View Post

          You're going to get a LOT more traffic from forums vs. Yahoo Answers.
          But, with Yahoo answers the traffic is long term. I still get visitors from answers I posted 3 years ago

          al
          Signature
          The Flu? Not worthy of a mention here???
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8562665].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicolas simpson
    thanks much for sharing these 3 stratergies . I currently use Facebook ads and forum posting, both works well as you explained.
    Signature
    Discover Reggae | Dancehall [Jamaica]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8558251].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VukasinI
    Three main social networks working really good for me- Twitter, Facebook and Youtube. On the side I'm also using other social networks but not so often (LinkedIn and similar). My main traffic source was Forum postings but I'm not doing this quite often nowadays. It is the old way, social media is the future.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8558302].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author micksss
    This laser targeting you speak of is impressive. How much on average are you paying per click with FB?
    Signature
    Web Hosting Reviews ► www.CastironHosting.com ◄ Read or Submit Feedback on Web Hosts.
    Web Hosting Coupons, Deals & Promos!

    Need a Virtual Private Server? www.VPSPlan.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8558313].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author blib
      Originally Posted by micksss View Post

      This laser targeting you speak of is impressive. How much on average are you paying per click with FB?
      Hi Mick

      I know I'm not Kim :-), but I thought you might like to know that I am currently paying around $0.04 to $0.06 for laser targeted FB ads to a FB fanpage.

      Hope that helps.
      Signature

      The Laptop Millionaire Home Study DVD Courses.
      Professional Internet Marketing Videos on Disc - Shipped worldwide. Exclusive seminars by the author of #1 New York Times Best-seller The Laptop Millionaire, Mark Anastasi, accompanied by his friends and colleagues, recorded on film, behind closed doors.
      www.TheLaptopMillionaire.net

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8562779].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AlexGeorge
    All are great traffic methods. I mainly use 1 + 3 for marketing my sites. I'll often buy Adword vouchers to advertise my site and fan page, and I have began to see a lot more likes coming in without me having to advertise the page.

    Forum marketing will always be popular, and if you offer value and help users within the community then you can get a lot of quality converting traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8558582].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    I couldn't agree more...
    Signature
    Grow your social media account, Spotify Streams, YT Views & IG Followers & More
    Software & Mobile APP Developer
    Buy Spotify, Facebook Bot & IG M/S Method
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8558738].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    in 2013 facebook fan pages and press releases are awesome too. There is somethign about having these on our list, and they seem to convert over to BUYERS quicker and stay with us longer.

    So when you are getting subscribers, its important here to not just get any old subscribers, make them come from HIGHLY QUALIFIED or HIGHLY TARGETED trafic sources. These are the people that will tend to BUY MORE from you, or BUY quicker! And for us this comes from PPC, PRESS RELEASES and FB especially.

    Hope this helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8559239].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Omar Abd Alaziz
    Well , First thank you

    But can you kindly tell me how to drive traffic from forums and put my affiliate links without getting banned ?
    +
    Where can i find the biggest forums to a certain niche ?

    Thank you again and waiting your answer
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8559249].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ajbarnes777
      Originally Posted by Omar Abd Alaziz View Post

      Well , First thank you

      But can you kindly tell me how to drive traffic from forums and put my affiliate links without getting banned ?
      +
      Where can i find the biggest forums to a certain niche ?

      Thank you again and waiting your answer
      I wouldn't use affiliate links on forums. Instead, direct traffic to an actual page you own with a good amount of content on it (sales page, blog, etc.).

      On marketing forums, directing to sales pages is fine. However, on most other forums (weight loss, etc.), and if it's allowed, I would send traffic to useful content (article, blog post, video, etc.) instead.

      That being said, putting links on non-internet marketing forums has always been a gray area for me (and I'm sure for other's). Hopefully someone can chime in on how to do this properly.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8559805].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Omar Abd Alaziz
        Originally Posted by ajbarnes777 View Post

        I wouldn't use affiliate links on forums. Instead, direct traffic to an actual page you own with a good amount of content on it (sales page, blog, etc.).

        On marketing forums, directing to sales pages is fine. However, on most other forums (weight loss, etc.), and if it's allowed, I would send traffic to useful content (article, blog post, video, etc.) instead.

        That being said, putting links on non-internet marketing forums has always been a gray area for me (and I'm sure for other's). Hopefully someone can chime in on how to do this properly.
        Originally Posted by Kim Roach View Post

        Hey Omar!

        I wouldn't use affiliate links. Instead you first want to get people on YOUR list. So send them to a squeeze page first (which will then funnel them to some really good content). Now you have them on your list and you can continue to engage and provide value. By focusing all of your marketing on building your subscriber list FIRST - you build massive leverage (i.e. 'traffic on tap'.)
        Thank you ,

        I'm sorry but I've other question please ,

        Nearly i found no one not telling me to build a list and that it's the best solution for starting .

        Ok , But my question is from you experience do you think that subscribers
        always check there e-mails to read what i send for them ? I'm asking because i don't check all e-mails sent to me from people i subscribe to their list .

        - Is there any guide for building a list and costs for that , Please

        - Finally ,Can i build a list for a saturated niche like " weight loss " ?

        Really thank you again and sorry for my newbie question
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8561570].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author coffeediva
          Building a list is essential omar and it is a skill getting people to open your email but once you get a list of people who know like and trust you and if you don't send offer after offer but send them info that is quality content they will look forward to your posts. I have found solo ads the best way to grow my list but forum posting, fbads and video get tge traffic pumping to my sites
          Jenelle

          Originally Posted by Omar Abd Alaziz View Post

          Thank you ,

          I'm sorry but I've other question please ,

          Nearly i found no one not telling me to build a list and that it's the best solution for starting .

          Ok , But my question is from you experience do you think that subscribers
          always check there e-mails to read what i send for them ? I'm asking because i don't check all e-mails sent to me from people i subscribe to their list .

          - Is there any guide for building a list and costs for that , Please

          - Finally ,Can i build a list for a saturated niche like " weight loss " ?

          Really thank you again and sorry for my newbie question
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8561659].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kim Roach
      Originally Posted by Omar Abd Alaziz View Post

      Well , First thank you

      But can you kindly tell me how to drive traffic from forums and put my affiliate links without getting banned ?
      +
      Where can i find the biggest forums to a certain niche ?

      Thank you again and waiting your answer
      Hey Omar!

      I wouldn't use affiliate links. Instead you first want to get people on YOUR list. So send them to a squeeze page first (which will then funnel them to some really good content). Now you have them on your list and you can continue to engage and provide value. By focusing all of your marketing on building your subscriber list FIRST - you build massive leverage (i.e. 'traffic on tap'.)
      Signature
      (Blog Traffic Checklist) - How to Generate 1,000+ Visitors to EVERY New Blog Post You Create...

      12-Step Traffic Checklist


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8560414].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chg
    Originally Posted by Kim Roach View Post

    Hi Fellow Warriors

    I wanted to create a quick post to share my Top 3 most effective traffic strategies.

    Over the past 7 years I've tested hundreds of different traffic strategies
    and these 3 have continued to be our top dogs over and over again.

    I personally like to track everything using Adtrackz Gold so I know
    exactly which sources are converting highest into subscribers and sales.

    So without further ado - here are my Top 3. I'd love for you to share your favorites as well!


    1. Facebook Ads.

    When it comes to media buying and generating traffic on demand this is by far
    my favorite source. We're having a lot of really good results using Facebook
    Sponsored stories in the News Feed.

    Facebook allows you to get laser-targeted in front of your exact audience.
    Whether that's parents of 3 year olds or women 20-28 who have a wedding
    in 3 months or less. You can hone in on your EXACT audience in a way that
    no other platform has allowed us to do previously.

    It's a great place to create consistent lead flow and subscriber growth even on a small daily budget.

    It's a lot like Adwords was in the beginning. A LOT of traffic available at very affordable prices.


    2. Blogger Outreach.


    This one is a bit more time-intensive but it's the exact strategy I use to get
    my first 100 retweets and facebook likes.

    I like to send out at least 100 fun, personalized emails to related bloggers / social media influencers.

    You can find related bloggers using sites like:

    Technorati.com
    WeFollow.com
    Twellow.com
    FindPeopleOnPlus.com
    CircleCount.com
    AllTop.com
    Topsy.com
    FanPageList.com


    Here's a sample email:

    Hey Kim!

    I am LOVING your twitter stream. Soooo much cool stuff.
    I found a ton of blogging tips just reading through
    your tweets

    Just added you to one of my Twitter Lists of 'Cool Bloggers'
    so I don't miss any of your updates.

    I also just published a new blog post I think you might like...

    It was retweeted yesterday by Neil Patel

    How to Get 5,000 Visitors to Your Next Blog Post... (WITHOUT Google)

    We're doing a little internal contest to try and get 100 retweets
    so if you're able to share it that would be super cool. I'd probably
    do a little happy dance in my chair lol

    Also, please do let me know if there's ever anything I can do for you.

    Cheers,

    Kim


    Have Fun and get creative with it!

    Look for connections that you can make with the blogger. Similar hobbies,
    interest, coffee addiction

    I've met soooooo many cool bloggers this way. Just remember to keep it
    personal. Don't just blast out emails for the sake of it.


    3. Forum Marketing.

    It's old-school but it's STILL one of the best traffic drivers around.

    And extremely high-quality traffic at that.

    Forums allow you to tap into a laser-targeted audience.

    It's literally one of the few places online where you can generate high-quality traffic within 10 minutes.

    But the key is to provide MASSIVE value.

    There are currently millions of conversations taking place around the web
    about parenting, photography, fitness, pet care, personal finance, traveling,
    and every other topic under the sun.

    By adding VALUE to these conversations, you can generate hundreds of visitors per day.

    When I first got started online, this was the main strategy I used to start building my subscriber list.

    There is simply no other strategy out there that works this quickly, this effectively, and completely for free.


    So now it's your turn

    What are your top 3 favorite traffic strategies?


    - Kim

    Funny that you say Facebook Ads are a lot like Google Adwords campaigns were in the beginning. My sentiments exactly. In hindsight, how many people out there say they wish they would have taken advantage of Adwords back in its peak profitable times. As we have been doing with our own companies, everyone else should also take advantage of Facebook ads while they still can.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8559255].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author afrin02
    Thanks a lot for your advice.It is really a helpful one.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8559723].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stephanreek
    my top 3 traffic streams are googles organic results, forums and facebook where I see forums to convert the best
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8559792].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bridget10
    This is great information to know, being new this helps to point you in
    a focus direction.
    Thanks
    Kim
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8561589].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Fazal Mayar
    Thanks for the post Kim, I would have to givee facebook ads a try
    Signature

    Blogger at RicherOrNot.com (Make Money online blog but also promoting ethical internet marketing)

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8561687].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lindap07
    hey kim, I love the blog one. It sounds so cool the way you phrase it as well. I have been using fb ads and they rock. Try solo ads as well. I did one campaign and the lead poured in.
    Signature

    Linda P

    Want to know how to eliminate limiting beliefs and align your mind with your personal goals?
    http://subliminalmindprogram.com/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8562019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author s3cr3tos
    Kim Roach,

    thank you for this great post! I made similar experience:

    1. The Best Traffic source: Forum post for me. Problem: you have to be careful to not be blocked for spamming. So my question to you: do you write posts without mentioning your page and only using the page info in your signaturte? Or do you actually mention you website?

    2. Bloggers: I did this a few times and it is a great method. My problem here was to find bloggers that wanted to cooperate with me: First I sell a product and second it is a monitoring software...some dont like that kind of programs...

    3. Facebook Ad: I tested this, but unfortunatelly did not make the same good experience as you did...Today I started a FB Campagne...lets see how much traffic I get...

    Regards!
    Signature
    CHIP Online Computer Ãœberwachungs-Software:

    Erfassung aller Emails, Chats, Passwörter, Tastenschläge und besuchte Webseiten:

    www.windows-keylogger.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8562040].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pradeepkumar1400
    really good informations thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8562265].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxjpip
    Great sharing, I use them as part of my traffic methods too.

    People charge for theses info and it great to see people like you sharing these good stuff to all of us.
    Signature

    #
    #
    # Product + System + Traffic = ??
    #
    #

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8562645].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author marcos08
    My favourites are Youtube, blogging and FB ads
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8562650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author x3xsolxdierx3x
    Great strategies here, Kim!

    I used forum marketing with fairly decent success when I built a community quite awhile ago. I was able to build it to something like 700-800 registered members in 1-2 months.

    Forum marketing can be an awesome way to drive traffic....it's all about value, like you had mentioned.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8562799].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author himanuzo
    About Facebook, you can get new likes for your page without spending money but this method is slow to grow in the beginning.

    Leave many comments to FB pages with related to your niche with your page (instead of your profile). Then you will get new likes. If your budget is tight... try this method.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8563377].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author janiman
    Thanks for sharing this great information. I actually like the forum posting information bcoz i highly recommend this method too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8563438].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamesbrands
    Yeh good post, loving the email you send out.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8563441].message }}

Trending Topics