Any Advice For Some One Who Is Struggling?

46 replies
Hey you guys. Just posting to ask for a bit of advice..

I am in a desperate position right now with my internet marketing. I need to either pull out a consistent $1,000 a month online or I need to go back to working a 9 - 5 job. And... I have to make this happen before the end of November, which is in ruffly 40 days.

I know it's possible, but I feel as though I don't know what direction to head in... I need a solid plan of attack right now.

I have been working on my internet marketing for 2 years, and I have tried so many things. Most of what I have tried either didn't work at all, required far too much time and investment to get rolling, or simply worked for a short while and then dissipated into nothingness..

- I've tried Sniping (worked for about 3 months then disappeared from google)

- I've tried Squidooing (worked really well for me during the Christmas season of 2011, but then nothing since then)

- I have tried offline marketing / list building (lame results)

- I have tried CPA (did the whole POF thing for a bit, never went any where with it)

- I have tried whole selling on ebay (super ruff and risky, but profitable if managed properly)

- I have even tried to make my own CB product (which is headed no where right now because I have yet to get a proper website made from it, keep getting ripped off by designers)

I have tried all these things and them some.. Out of all of them, the only one I really desire to work on is my own ClickBank Product.. The only catch there is that I am currently having the website redone, and it is taking forever. I need to be making a grand per month within a month. Can't wait for the website.

Do any of you have any suggestions or tips on new methods or tactics I could use to achieve this goal?.. or even new strategies for things I have already tried? What is working for you guys?

I need something solid, that is going to produce consistent results from here on out. Something I can apply and run with..


Thanks in advance for any helpful replies
#advice #struggling
  • Profile picture of the author clever7
    Don't waste your time trying to find a magical solution in 40 days. Since you couldn't find a solution in two years, you won't find it in a few days.

    Everything takes time. Even if you will find a perfect money-making method, you have to deal with the competition, and you have to be trusted until you will manage to sell your products or services.

    Instead of trying to achieve the impossible in 40 days, look for a job, study internet marketing in this forum, and build your business with time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8636091].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author goozleology
      Originally Posted by clever7 View Post

      Don't waste your time trying to find a magical solution in 40 days. Since you couldn't find a solution in two years, you won't find it in a few days.

      Everything takes time. Even if you will find a perfect money-making method, you have to deal with the competition, and you have to be trusted until you will manage to sell your products or services.

      Instead of trying to achieve the impossible in 40 days, look for a job, study internet marketing in this forum, and build your business with time.
      I completely agree but that sentiment. Everyone forgets that it was the tortoise that won the race, not the hare.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8646504].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TerryX
    A lot of it is a mental game, It's good to balance work with things like walking, yoga, time with family. Pace yourself, personally I found things paid off after an accumulation effect. A lot give up ..but even a little every day will over time build something big.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8636101].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Intrepreneur
    Well by now I'm sure you have a skill.

    After 2 years I had skills and didn't know which I am best at.

    You need to sell something to make money. It's that simple.

    So using your best skills you have... what product could you create and sell?

    Graphic design?
    Web design?
    SEO?
    Info product?

    It's all about having something to sell - it gets easier from there on in.
    Signature

    Owner bestfivereviewed.com

    Started this stuff 2009. Time is what will teach you the skills you need.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8636110].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webapex
    Don't exhaust your resources on that CB site, buying a generic template then concentrating on getting the sales copy right might do for getting something for initially testing the market for your product.

    If you continue to have issues getting the site made, you might check the answers someone else got:
    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...k-product.html

    I understand bigger players do their own test campaigns using paid advertising like an affiliate would just to test he market and collect conversion rate stats they can show affiliates.

    Some would probably invest some money on raising the gravity quickly.
    Signature

    “An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field” Niels Bohr

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8636133].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DubDubDubDot
    Originally Posted by snowcloud View Post

    I have been working on my internet marketing for 2 years, and I have tried so many things. Most of what I have tried either didn't work at all, required far too much time and investment to get rolling,
    Hypothetically speaking, had you started on the time intensive stuff from day one where would you now be two years later?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8636259].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author domainscience
    I have said this before and I will say it again.
    The internet is about something that is different, unique, cost worthy, and what people will purchase.
    If you come up with a product, it needs to be something that won't go on amazon or ebay by your competition otherwise you'll get killed on the price.
    Only way to do that is to create, manufacture and sell it your self.

    As for content, that can be copied.

    Unless you know code to build a meaningful website, forget about it.

    The nine to five looks good until you can figure something out.

    Good luck.
    Signature

    CandlePrize.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8636278].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Luck
    I’m surprised out of the list of things you’ve tried, you didn’t do much with Affiliate Marketing.

    If I were in your position, I would find a reputable product that has a good payout, solid conversions and isn’t sautéed.

    Once you do that, then I would hit Facebook Ads hard. Currently, it’s very cheap so you will git a big bang for your buck.

    And for $1,000/month - if you find a product that even offers a recurring commission, you don’t even need that many sales to blow past your goal.

    Most importantly, Focus Focus Focus! Stop bouncing around on so many different projects. Just pick one and focus on it.

    That’s what I would do.

    Good Luck!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8636284].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author snowcloud
      Originally Posted by clever7 View Post

      Instead of trying to achieve the impossible in 40 days, look for a job, study internet marketing in this forum, and build your business with time.
      I don't think it is impossible to make $1,000 online in 40 days, and then to go on to do that the next month. You just need he proper strategy... which i seem to lack at the moment..

      Originally Posted by Intrepreneur View Post

      Well by now I'm sure you have a skill.

      After 2 years I had skills and didn't know which I am best at.

      You need to sell something to make money. It's that simple.

      So using your best skills you have... what product could you create and sell?

      Graphic design?
      Web design?
      SEO?
      Info product?

      It's all about having something to sell - it gets easier from there on in.
      This is a good advice. But I have already made a product before, and I don't want to move on to another one until this one at least gets up and running.

      Originally Posted by webapex View Post

      Don't exhaust your resources on that CB site, buying a generic template then concentrating on getting the sales copy right might do for getting something for initially testing the market for your product.
      It's too late for that. I have already lost $900 on a design that was super bunk, and I have now hired a "professional" team to redo it. Unfortunately, they are lagging really hard. They were supposed to have a 30 day turn around for the project, but we are at day 70 now, and all i have is a new logo (which is not that great).

      I do, however, already have a really good sales copy. I wrote it myself. Maybe I should just throw it onto some kind of free template and call it a day..


      Originally Posted by AnniePot View Post

      Thank you for this. I will have a thorough look through it.

      Originally Posted by DubDubDubDot View Post

      Hypothetically speaking, had you started on the time intensive stuff from day one where would you now be two years later?
      You see. That is the thing. i have still been doing all that time / labor intensive stuff. You wouldn't believe how long it took me to write out the ebook for my CB product.

      I mean.. The things that I had listed were things that I spent a LOT of time on.. Like my sniper sites for instance. I had been working on one for over half a year, and it started to making me good money, but google changed and my site just disappeared. I don't want to go through something like that again.

      Originally Posted by domainscience View Post

      The internet is about something that is different, unique, cost worthy, and what people will purchase.
      I couldn't agree more.. I have built my entire CB product around this concept. Hopefully, I can get it going soon.

      Originally Posted by Chris Luck View Post

      I'm surprised out of the list of things you've tried, you didn't do much with Affiliate Marketing.

      If I were in your position, I would find a reputable product that has a good payout, solid conversions and isn't sautéed.

      Once you do that, then I would hit Facebook Ads hard. Currently, it's very cheap so you will git a big bang for your buck.

      And for $1,000/month - if you find a product that even offers a recurring commission, you don't even need that many sales to blow past your goal.

      Most importantly, Focus Focus Focus! Stop bouncing around on so many different projects. Just pick one and focus on it.

      That's what I would do.

      Good Luck!
      Dude. Thank you. This is the kind of advice I am looking for. Straight forward methods. And yes I have tried affiliate marketing. i have never stopped being an affiliate marketer. I just don't have good methods of marketing is all.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8636365].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lerxtjr
        Part of your struggle could be related to whatever 'product' you've been trying to promote, one that you can really fall in love with for the true benefit it provides to people. Something NOT in the internet marketing sphere. Something you don't need to worry about making websites for and just focus on evangelizing to people instead of trying to "sell" something so hard. PM'ing you.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8636471].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tristatemedia
    i am in the same boat....if you are good at ranking sniper sites....build and sell them oln flippa after they rank.
    i just my site after it ranked with very few sales for $1400.
    first money made.....
    never give up.....man.....there is a key to this puzzle.....it is not in a wso ....i think all the info on this forum are bits and pieces and once they all come together...you will make consistent money
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8636482].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lena Williams
      Originally Posted by tristatemedia View Post

      i am in the same boat....if you are good at ranking sniper sites....build and sell them oln flippa after they rank.
      i just my site after it ranked with very few sales for $1400.
      first money made.....
      never give up.....man.....there is a key to this puzzle.....it is not in a wso ....i think all the info on this forum are bits and pieces and once they all come together...you will make consistent money
      Would you please like to explain a bit more about sniper sites? How they are built and how they can be ranked?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8637082].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dsuitor
    If you haven't started building an email list ( GET ON IT ) This is where I started to make my first money online LISTBUILDING – There thousands of ways to make money online and MOST of them DO involve email lists – but the trick is to build a relationship with these people and remember their not just numbers. A good way to do this is through SOLO ADS and swaps – a good company to to this is safe-swaps just search it on google
    Signature

    Custom Web Design Packages Website >>>

    Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8637101].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pawlu68
    There is no such thing as a quick fix my friend and I suggest you don't waste your time trying to find one.

    If the 40 day deadline is immoval, my advice would be to find an alternative source of income e.g. job while learning more on IM from the masters - and then devote your time to building a proper business in due course.
    Signature

    Please do not use affiliate/MLM links in signatures

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8637162].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Williams
    Your writing is decent, can you write articles? If you really need consistent earnings, just do some freelance writing. Post an ad here and charge $0.02 per word or something. Could make $1000 easy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8637171].message }}
  • When it comes to building an online (or offline) business, most people focus on the product, and keep looking for new products they can push. The fact is that there are a million products out there, but who do you push it to?

    Product is not the problem. The problem is your list/following or lack of it. You need to brand yourself.

    Step One: Find your niche or subject. Something that enthuses you.

    Step Two: Create a blog under your own name. Get good content on your subject and post something helpful, or funny, preferably both every day.

    Step: Three. Look for other people's blogs in the same subject and post on their sites - regularly. Cross link back to your blog if you can.

    Step Four: Create a Facebook Group and look for other FB sites on the subject which you can contribute to. And contribute something everyday. Indeed spend at least two hours everyday doing this.

    The quickest way of building a list is to do a Joint Venture with someone else. For this you will need two products of your own.

    Product #1 is something inexpensive but good. An eBook (your own) is perfect. Get some bonuses to add to the value. Add an audio-book upsell at the point of sale.

    Product #2 is pricier. An online course, delivered as a pdf or even as email text. This can be in three, six, nine or twelve parts, delivered weekly or monthly. You don't have to write all the parts. Write three, then work hard to write part 4 before it's needed. Then part five and so on.

    Use autoresponders to push the course.

    This system will allow affiliates to push your work. Even if you give the affiliates 100% commission - you will create a big list quickly. Then you can become an affiliate using the same list.

    Now you'll start earning good money.

    Best

    Phil Gosling
    www.theebookuniversity.com/blog
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8637174].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AskMsD
    Try hosting a webinar with your product, Coach Comeback will teach you how to do this and you will go pass your goal. I don't have his link but you can do a search on the forum and find him easily, he is honest and very helpful.
    Signature

    Business loans for business owners of 5k - 2 Mill with no traditional personal guarantees or assets as collateral with highly competitive rates, visit: www.smallbizloans.us or Call Us! 1-(866) 304-2253

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8638736].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Franklin
    There are lots if different ways to make money in IM.

    You should always be focusing on 2 areas:

    1) immediate cash opportunities - jobs, freelance, offline marketing,etc

    2) long-term businesses - affiliate marketing, list building, kindle publishing, etc.

    Too many people fall into the trap of ONLY focusing on long term businesses even though they're not meeting their basic needs by lacking any cash flow.

    Every day work on 2 models...one that will bring in the cash and one that will build your business. Doing so will require some sacrifice of your time but you will thank yourself later on by doing so....I promise!
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8639223].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sweepnet
    I think if things are really desperate, you need to go ahead and bite the bullet and find a 9-5 job first. have that solid, and then you know needs are met. Then get your product up and running. I have read a lot of the studies about people getting an internet business up and running quickly, but they are usually people who have built he experience, then they are showing how to do it from scratch.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8639247].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jbsmith
    Your path is not unlike most other online entrepreneurs who learn and try about everything they come across based on the promises of (and sometimes reality based) success of others.

    Based on several years of operating and growing online businesses here are some suggestions I hope help you...

    1. Some of my biggest successes have come when my back was against the wall, it often takes this kind of pressure to bring out the best in us. That's a good thing. On the other hand, desperation sometimes leads to bad judgement, so lining up something part-time that at least helps hold off the bill collector a few months longer is not a bad idea - and you can still work on really getting your business rolling

    2. Before you sell any CB product (your own or anyone else's) you want to test both your product (niche and title) as well as your messaging (as this will be key to your sales site's success). What I have done in the past is put together a report, email course or video (video can be quicker) that you put behind an opt-in page and then split test to help you refine what connects best with your audience. This accomplishes several things not the least of which gives you a captive, highly targeted audience to launch your ebook to and also gives you invaluable insight into which title/headline combo's work the best AND gives you the start of a list that you can leverage with partners who you bring on to help promote your product

    3. Put your site together with Wordpress and a theme - you can go with Woo Themes or OptimizePress and get very professional looking pages for a couple hundred bucks - then it becomes a matter of the copy - which is what matters most

    4. Is your product finished? Go find some top list and blog owners in your niche and give them a review copy - ask them for their feedback which you can then incorporate into this (or later) versions of your product AND for those that like it the way it is, you can ask them to promote it for you as affiliates using the CB platform.

    Aim to launch your business in 3-4 weeks which should be possible if you get to work on the items above...you may not test to the extent you would like, but you should be able to get enough feedback to help turn your launch into a success...all of this assumes your CB product is well targeted and mostly put together. If not, it's going to take a little longer.

    Jeff
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8639276].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author snowcloud
      Originally Posted by dsuitor View Post

      If you haven't started building an email list ( GET ON IT ) This is where I started to make my first money online LISTBUILDING - There thousands of ways to make money online and MOST of them DO involve email lists - but the trick is to build a relationship with these people and remember their not just numbers. A good way to do this is through SOLO ADS and swaps - a good company to to this is safe-swaps just search it on google
      This is a good tip right here. I have always been told "the money is in the list" but I have never really found anything (other than my actual book) that I feel passionate enough about to build a list around. My hope is to build a massive list once the site is finished.. Using these methods you mentioned.

      Originally Posted by Kevin Williams View Post

      Your writing is decent, can you write articles? If you really need consistent earnings, just do some freelance writing. Post an ad here and charge $0.02 per word or something. Could make $1000 easy.
      I have tried to become a freelance writer for other sites before, but generally the pay ends up not even being worth the time invested. Maybe I should try that here though.

      Originally Posted by ProfessorPhilGosling View Post

      When it comes to building an online (or offline) business, most people focus on the product, and keep looking for new products they can push. The fact is that there are a million products out there, but who do you push it to?

      Product is not the problem. The problem is your list/following or lack of it. You need to brand yourself.

      Step One: Find your niche or subject. Something that enthuses you.

      Step Two: Create a blog under your own name. Get good content on your subject and post something helpful, or funny, preferably both every day.

      Step: Three. Look for other people's blogs in the same subject and post on their sites - regularly. Cross link back to your blog if you can.

      Step Four: Create a Facebook Group and look for other FB sites on the subject which you can contribute to. And contribute something everyday. Indeed spend at least two hours everyday doing this.

      The quickest way of building a list is to do a Joint Venture with someone else. For this you will need two products of your own.

      Product #1 is something inexpensive but good. An eBook (your own) is perfect. Get some bonuses to add to the value. Add an audio-book upsell at the point of sale.

      Product #2 is pricier. An online course, delivered as a pdf or even as email text. This can be in three, six, nine or twelve parts, delivered weekly or monthly. You don't have to write all the parts. Write three, then work hard to write part 4 before it's needed. Then part five and so on.

      Use autoresponders to push the course.

      This system will allow affiliates to push your work. Even if you give the affiliates 100% commission - you will create a big list quickly. Then you can become an affiliate using the same list.

      Now you'll start earning good money.

      Best

      Phil Gosling
      Blog
      This is pro advice right here.. Exactly what I wanted to hear. I think I need to follow these steps to the tee right now

      Originally Posted by Michael Franklin View Post

      There are lots if different ways to make money in IM.

      You should always be focusing on 2 areas:

      1) immediate cash opportunities - jobs, freelance, offline marketing,etc

      2) long-term businesses - affiliate marketing, list building, kindle publishing, etc.

      Too many people fall into the trap of ONLY focusing on long term businesses even though they're not meeting their basic needs by lacking any cash flow.

      Every day work on 2 models...one that will bring in the cash and one that will build your business. Doing so will require some sacrifice of your time but you will thank yourself later on by doing so....I promise!
      This so true. Im glad you broke it down like this for me. Makes a lot of sense.

      Originally Posted by jbsmith View Post

      Your path is not unlike most other online entrepreneurs who learn and try about everything they come across based on the promises of (and sometimes reality based) success of others.

      Based on several years of operating and growing online businesses here are some suggestions I hope help you...

      1. Some of my biggest successes have come when my back was against the wall, it often takes this kind of pressure to bring out the best in us. That's a good thing. On the other hand, desperation sometimes leads to bad judgement, so lining up something part-time that at least helps hold off the bill collector a few months longer is not a bad idea - and you can still work on really getting your business rolling

      2. Before you sell any CB product (your own or anyone else's) you want to test both your product (niche and title) as well as your messaging (as this will be key to your sales site's success). What I have done in the past is put together a report, email course or video (video can be quicker) that you put behind an opt-in page and then split test to help you refine what connects best with your audience. This accomplishes several things not the least of which gives you a captive, highly targeted audience to launch your ebook to and also gives you invaluable insight into which title/headline combo's work the best AND gives you the start of a list that you can leverage with partners who you bring on to help promote your product

      3. Put your site together with Wordpress and a theme - you can go with Woo Themes or OptimizePress and get very professional looking pages for a couple hundred bucks - then it becomes a matter of the copy - which is what matters most

      4. Is your product finished? Go find some top list and blog owners in your niche and give them a review copy - ask them for their feedback which you can then incorporate into this (or later) versions of your product AND for those that like it the way it is, you can ask them to promote it for you as affiliates using the CB platform.

      Aim to launch your business in 3-4 weeks which should be possible if you get to work on the items above...you may not test to the extent you would like, but you should be able to get enough feedback to help turn your launch into a success...all of this assumes your CB product is well targeted and mostly put together. If not, it's going to take a little longer.

      Jeff
      Clean tips man. Truly appreciate it Unfortunately, I already paid an exorbitant amount of money to get a custom site built. I should have just went with OP.

      I have always been curious about "pre-launching" in much the way you mentioned above.. simply to gather a following before the book comes out. However, I already have the book finished, just waiting on that site.

      Also, I think I should mention that getting a job for me is almost out of the question at this point.. Like you said "back against the wall". In my mind right now, it is either internet mission or die
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8639354].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wgempire
    You have some really good advice, I would say evaluate the options that have been presented here, pick the one that makes the most sense to you and dedicate yourself to it.

    .... But got to stop bouncing around from method to method, you are doing what a desperate person would, just throwing a bunch of darts hoping one hits the target, problem is when you throw them all at once you normally end up hitting nothing at all.

    You have seen success before, think back to what you did to achieve this and duplicate that, do it better than you did before.

    $1,000 a month with a month to get there is definitely achievable, but you need to get on it soon.

    Good Luck, just tell yourself you are going to do it, do everything you can to make it happen and don't disappoint yourself.

    PS. I am hoping your CB product is not in the make money online niche...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8639482].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author holleythompson
    I think for a lot of people in the IM biz, they usually start by providing services first (like web design or article writing, and in the old days, link building via blog comments). As some warriors said, you may have developed some skill during that time you ventured into IM. I suggest you provide some services first... and from there get a pulse of what type of service your clients need. For instance, you may want to offer services today and do everything yourself, and if you gain some traction, start outsourcing some of the work so won't be sacrificing your time for money. : )
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8639692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patbinc
    Now you have lots of advice, you got to make your choice and stick with it.

    What really determines whether any preferred method will work for you is how much you convince yourself that whatever you have chosen is the best way to achieve your goals out of all the options you had.

    Unless you totally convince yourself, you will turn around at the first time of trouble (read results not as quick as you would have liked) and you will wonder if you left a better option on the table...once you do that, you are back to square one.

    In a nutshell, make a choice then make that choice the best choice ever in your mind. Stick to it and do whatever you have to do to make it work. All the best.
    Signature
    Become an online marketing Shark...
    Join The Best & Build Your Online Empire
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8639731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneymaker2012
    Wow Snowcloud, you have found too many ways that doesn't work,

    My advice to you is that stop working on too many things at a time and put your efforts on on Plan. I suggest you to create your own site, bring traffic and start building a list from today, in affiliate marketing building a list is very important.
    Pick any desired product from any affiliate network you are comfortable with and do your best to sell them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8645187].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author confuscius
    If you have not 'made it' after this amount of time then you need to be realistic and get that 9 to 5 job sorted as soon as possible.

    Most posters here would do well doing the same.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8645464].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alrikvincent
    If your clickbank product is about IM, then considering launching it as WSO first. You can make $1000 or more in an hour if your offer is good and if you have good JVs.

    If you find list building did not work, then you are doing something wrong. Did you build a relationship with your list?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8646059].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jbthemummy
    Get a job. Then come back to this forum. You can't succeed if your daily 'human' needs are not met. Sufficiency first. Maslow's hierarchy of needs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8646108].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author snowcloud
    Thanks to everyone for these helpful replies. I have started moving onto building a list in the IM niche. I hadn't really found a desire to promote IM products until just recently I found one that I really like.

    P.S. My Clickbank product is not in the IM niche btw.. Its about hair care
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8646498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lateef Olajide
    Then Watch this video interview:


    (no promotion - just pure useful content)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8646515].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author goozleology
      Got to love Frank! He's so open and approachable.

      A couple of years ago, I was watching a video of his and noticed that he lives right near where I surf so I found his house and knocked on the door.

      Well, he invited me in and chatted with me for over a half hour. Now, every time I see him surfing, he gives me a little piece of advice.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8646560].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nross128
    The best thing to do is to make a decision on what method your going to use then make it work. If you have 40 days then yo need to work on the one method everyday because consistency is key when making money online. Consistency builds momentum and momentum can make big changes when used correctly. Shoot for the stars!
    Signature

    Please do not use affiliate links in signatures

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8646728].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeadStartSEO
    • Narrow your focus.
    • Cut the fat (dead-end projects).
    • Find a biz partner, and/or
    • Find a mentor (ie business coach)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8646789].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris-
    Well done for experimenting with a bunch of methods. As you are finding out, most "IM methods" don't work in practice as described, even if you've paid for them! This is just a fact, accept it, learn whatever you can from each (even if it's what not to do again!) and eventually the little bits of knowledge and understanding from lots of different methods, will give you enough to make something work.

    As for making your own website, the technical details are not the challenge, they are easy enough to learn, or pay very little to outsource. The main challenge is design . . . if your website looks cheap, potential buyers won't trust you and you won't make sales. So you need to have enough understanding of aesthetics and enough ability with graphic design, to make something which looks professional, or you need to pay someone else to do it.

    I outsource work mainly on oDesk, as "fixed price" jobs. That way, if things are not done right, or things are not done on time, I DO NOT PAY, simple as that. Most larger jobs can be broken down into smaller stages, so you can define the job as being done within an exact time, only accept workers who will agree to that, and only pay them if they do what they said. Website design should not take many hours.

    Another option is to go with WordPress for your website, that way you have instant access to thousands of FREE (and many very cheap) designs which you can instantly install as Themes. WordPress is easy to install, configure and use (if it is too much of a challenge, anyone who knows what they are doing can get it all done in an hour), and with a little thought, can work perfectly well for static (unchanging) sites, even though it was designed for blogs. For example, for a static site, I often put a fixed Index Page as the home-page, which is easy to do (assign it in "settings").

    Hope that helps

    Chris
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8646848].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MKCookins
    The truth of the matter is more then likely you are not going to be making 1k a month within 40 days unless you are already starting to earn online.

    What most people fail to realize is that creating a product/or promoting a product is not what makes you money...

    is it PEOPLE!

    To make money, you first need to find a profitable market where people are already spending money in. For example this can be health.

    Next you need to find a solution to one of their major problems -- then simply give it to them. Instead of wasting time on a product, in the mean time you can promote another one.

    Now the challenging part is now getting your product and message out in front as many people as possible (generating traffic.)

    This alone is what takes time unless you have money to spend, and know how to do CPA marketing well.

    So if I were you, start generating traffic and collecting a list of people who you believe would be interested in your market and benefit from your future product.

    Give them massive value and that can really help them. Then suggest to them -- if they enjoyed your free training, they might be interested in your product which can help them more.

    Hope this helps you out
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8647142].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author carlamae
    To create some stability to you need to promote something with a recurring income..ie, some type of membership products. Focus on just one thing at a time and give it more than a few weeks. To your success!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8647177].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sabahat
    Focus on one thing... I'd rather advice you to start a WSO... I have couple of great ideas that I can assist you with. If you are interested PM me...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8647205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author illiptic
    Was going to write out a response, but decided to just shoot a quick video instead.

    Lousy iphone editing job, but whatever. These are just my thoughts, take them or leave them. If anybody else would like to chime in feel free.

    Warrior Forum Thread Response - YouTube
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8650324].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author snowcloud
      Originally Posted by illiptic View Post

      Was going to write out a response, but decided to just shoot a quick video instead.

      Lousy iphone editing job, but whatever. These are just my thoughts, take them or leave them. If anybody else would like to chime in feel free.

      Warrior Forum Thread Response - YouTube
      Damn dude.. I truly appreciate this. This is some solid info.. never really thought to write down my goals in such a way. This is truly inspiring man. I can't thank you enough for this!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8657636].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author drem
    You have a plethora of information to scour through, but remember one thing - take action. All too often, people will dabble in one area of marketing and quit within 3 weeks. While there may be success stories of people making a quick buck overnight, it will likely not happen to you. If it does happen, you will have earned it through your hard work and dedication.

    If you need money that fast, jump on elance, odesk,guru, freelancer and fiverr to market yourself. Utilizing all of them to their full potential, you will be able to make money. However, you will have to be diligent and work hard until you get a steady flow of clients.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8650512].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Geri Richmond
    Hi,
    It sounds like the one thing you haven't tried is getting a mentor or a coach. It's the best money you'll ever spend. They will keep you focused and if you are willing to work hard and do what they tell you to do, you could be making money within a couple of months.

    Good luck with what you decide.
    Geri Richmond
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8650720].message }}
  • Go get a job. Then work on IM as a sideline until you start earning enough so that you can quit your job.
    Signature

    PM Me Now!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8650727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author oppyeaunome
    Yeah get a job build up your cash. Focus on one way to make money online and not a few million. Listen something the gurus won't tell you is that building an internet business like any other business takes HARD WORK!!!!! LOTS OF IT.

    Pick something and stick with it. Don't expect money without busting your butt to get it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8650761].message }}
  • Buy gold, silver, and invest in real estate. That is the best advice I can give. lol.
    Signature

    PM Me Now!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8650772].message }}

Trending Topics