Generating Real Estate Leads?

19 replies
Does anyone here generate real estate leads for under $5/lead? I mean real leads from real people.

I'm having trouble generating real estate leads effectively and cost effectively. I'm paying around $20/lead to generate them from G PPC.

Can anyone help me lower this?

I'm currently using a "click to see homes" pop up lead capture but I'm thinknig that isn't the way to go.

I'm thinking of just doing a submit e-mail to see discounted homes in your area or something like that and once submitted pop up to see what kind of home they're interested in?

I guess basically does anyone have a tactic to generate leads effectively? Either through FB or G something that we can instantly generate traffic/leads from?
#estate #generating #leads #real
  • Profile picture of the author MagneticKopy
    You're going to have to be more specific.
    What kind of leads are you trying to get?

    Buyer leads? Seller leads? Mortgage leads?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8667508].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author richie311
    Buyer leads. most traffic is coming from ppc keywords like houses for sale in "city"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8667522].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MagneticKopy
      Originally Posted by richie311 View Post

      Buyer leads. most traffic is coming from ppc keywords like houses for sale in "city"
      Have you purchased a small display ad in your local paper?
      Make them call an 800 number for a free report and then follow-up
      with them via the phone.

      Do a search for 2-step marketing.

      Those are the best kinda leads you could possibly get.
      I can't explain much more ( I don't feel like typing it all out ).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8667700].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author richie311
    Except 90% of homebuyers start their search online lol. I'm not looking for phone calls I'm looking for opt ins.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8667703].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MagneticKopy
      Originally Posted by richie311 View Post

      Except 90% of homebuyers start their search online lol. I'm not looking for phone calls I'm looking for opt ins.
      And you're not understanding the concept... 90% of home buyers are LOOKING online.

      That's it... Just LOOKING.

      They haven't made any type of serious effort to reach to someone that they feel comfortable doing business with.

      Advertise offline in the Realtor magazines (where i'm from we Valley Home Finder) and put them through a 2 or maybe even a 3 or 4 step process in order to even get a hold of you for more information.

      That makes them a QUALIFIED LEAD.

      You're looking for opt-ins... like every other person in your niche.

      "IN THE LAND OF THE BLIND, THE ONE-EYED MAN IS KING"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8668150].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wesawu
    Real estate is a very competitive "Market". It is not a niche by any stretch of the imagination. You say you are looking for buyer leads. As a former real estate agent and a real estate broker, I would advise you to narrow down your target audience. By that I mean, you should target 1st time home buyers, empty nesters, People looking for condos, Single family homes, duplexes, etc. To be successful in the residential real estate market you have to be a specialist and not a jack of all trades. What do you plan to do with the leads? Are you reselling them, are you an agent, broker, investor, etc? If you can give me your goals, I can certainly help you out. I have been in real estate for 30+ years and still have real estate investments that pay quite well passively.
    Signature
    Get 50% Off on High Quality PLR - Use Coupon Code: WSO50
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8667812].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dropout
    Agree with both MagneticKopy & wesawu, you need to get really specific and you need the potential lead to take some action for it to become a lead worth anything.

    I mostly deal in insurance leads and for those the potential lead needs to provide contact/personal information (address, multiple phone #s, age etc.) as well as their wishes for the insurance policy.

    Of course what they specified in the latter is up for discussion once they get the sales call, but you need that intent from the lead to get anywhere in this business.

    Oh and about specificity: all my insurance sites are dedicated to 1 insurance product only. If a potential lead has searched for life insurance, I don't want them to arrive at my site and see offers for car insurance or health insurance, even if they are just navigation links. Don't try to upsell either, it makes you look cheaper and the quality of the lead goes down.
    Signature

    I mentor in CPA marketing, especially lead generation. PM me for info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8668743].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seobro
    Magnetic copy And you're not understanding the concept... 90% of home buyers are LOOKING online.
    I consider a qualified lead, a prospect that calls in. They meet minimum income. Also, they show up for a sit.

    Approx 50% of people that call up, do not show up. This goes to 90% when they are out of state, and the next day they call you. Typically, it is a story of how their aunt is in the hospital and their car is in the shop getting major repairs. I do not need pathetic excuses.

    Google Ad words costs me approx $50 per lead, but most are rubbish that belong in the bin because they are too far away. People that are 40 - 50 miles away will sometimes show up. However, they will tell me that the house is just too far away. Also, that gas is expensive. No kidding Sherlock Holmes, they could have saved me the trip, but there you go.

    Typically, I put ads in local community newspapers. A $100 ad will generate 200 leads, but In contrast, a similar $300 ad in a large metropolitan newspaper will generate 100 leads. People ask me. Why do you even advertise in large newspapers. Here is the reason. I need to sell the house quickly And it cannot sit for months or the owner will take it away.

    Craigslist leads are trash that belongs in a garbage can. Free, that they are. What you get is 100 calls and 50 people show up. All are making less than minimum income. Typically, I will not schedule a sit. OK so that way, I save them their time and mine.

    Most of CL leads are people that are young. They are fresh out of college and have no money. BANK wants a large down payment now. Here are the things you need to consider in your concerns:
    • LOCATION - people want a house that is near.
    • MONEY - banks need a minimum income.
    • JOB - People need to have a stable job that is near.

    Most of my Google Ad words calls were from people out of area. They did not show up. These tend to be expensive. I calculate that I am paying 50 cents per click for my keywords, but some of my competitors are pay $3 or $4 even. Clearly, this is not for you. People from out of state will call up. However, they will not show up. Approx 90% no shows I tell you.

    The worst is ads in out of state magazines. Not only are they expensive. Please add that all the prospects are out of state and converting them is impossible or near so. Time sink to the max.

    Here is your best scenario. People who live with in one mile of the property you are moving. They do not need to put their kid in a new school or change their cable service even. Also, they use the same electrical company. In fact, everything stays the same.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8669558].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8677977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iTechSolutions
    @Duncan2222

    Its against rules of forum to post affiliate links.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8677991].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nightcrawler
    Originally Posted by richie311 View Post

    Does anyone here generate real estate leads for under $5/lead? I mean real leads from real people.

    I'm having trouble generating real estate leads effectively and cost effectively. I'm paying around $20/lead to generate them from G PPC.

    Can anyone help me lower this?

    I'm currently using a "click to see homes" pop up lead capture but I'm thinknig that isn't the way to go.

    I'm thinking of just doing a submit e-mail to see discounted homes in your area or something like that and once submitted pop up to see what kind of home they're interested in?

    I guess basically does anyone have a tactic to generate leads effectively? Either through FB or G something that we can instantly generate traffic/leads from?
    I was looking for answers to the solution. I am involved with promoting real estate in various states in USA. I've used all possible online marketing techniques to generate the leads. Here to mention, these are MLS based listings and clients want people to sign-up and fill the form. They don't want people calling to often.

    In my experience, it depends on state. When I was promoting a realtor in Utah, I had the advantage because luckily local SEO worked back then very well (1 year back). So, SEO is the main component for generating qualified leads. However, you need right kind of strategy because there too many algorithm updates and results may take long.

    Look for local news website I found KSL in Utah. It turned out to be the best because 90% of people living in the region I was focusing use KSL classifieds. It is a paid service, but well worth spending money. I generated 500 leads in a month for my client. So, local classifieds are something you need to look for. It requires good research to find one famous in your area.

    Similarly, Fort Collins, Co is not so good in generating leads online. I am struggling with classifieds because Craigslist is the only best option available here.

    You can also leverage facebook ads by geo-targeting your location. I think this is much better than adwords because adwords clicks are often fraudulent. Your competitors might click, an SEO company might click or even information searchers. I would recommend split budget between adwords and facebook.

    If you have any ideas or suggestions, I will be happy to hear from you. As I am still working for clients to generate real estate leads.
    Signature
    E-Wali
    [B]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8693104].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Duncan2222
      Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

      I was looking for answers to the solution. I am involved with promoting real estate in various states in USA. I've used all possible online marketing techniques to generate the leads. Here to mention, these are MLS based listings and clients want people to sign-up and fill the form. They don't want people calling to often.

      In my experience, it depends on state. When I was promoting a realtor in Utah, I had the advantage because luckily local SEO worked back then very well (1 year back). So, SEO is the main component for generating qualified leads. However, you need right kind of strategy because there too many algorithm updates and results may take long.

      Look for local news website I found KSL in Utah. It turned out to be the best because 90% of people living in the region I was focusing use KSL classifieds. It is a paid service, but well worth spending money. I generated 500 leads in a month for my client. So, local classifieds are something you need to look for. It requires good research to find one famous in your area.

      Similarly, Fort Collins, Co is not so good in generating leads online. I am struggling with classifieds because Craigslist is the only best option available here.

      You can also leverage facebook ads by geo-targeting your location. I think this is much better than adwords because adwords clicks are often fraudulent. Your competitors might click, an SEO company might click or even information searchers. I would recommend split budget between adwords and facebook.

      If you have any ideas or suggestions, I will be happy to hear from you. As I am still working for clients to generate real estate leads.
      I have a software that I sell to agents that generates buyer leads. However, in order to use it you have to be a licensed agent. However, if you don't have your license then you could align yourself with a licensed agent, advertise these particular listings in their name then sell the leads to them or to others. PM for details. Am happy to help.

      D
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8693118].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Duncan2222
    Originally Posted by richie311 View Post

    Does anyone here generate real estate leads for under $5/lead? I mean real leads from real people.

    I'm having trouble generating real estate leads effectively and cost effectively. I'm paying around $20/lead to generate them from G PPC.

    Can anyone help me lower this?

    I'm currently using a "click to see homes" pop up lead capture but I'm thinknig that isn't the way to go.

    I'm thinking of just doing a submit e-mail to see discounted homes in your area or something like that and once submitted pop up to see what kind of home they're interested in?

    I guess basically does anyone have a tactic to generate leads effectively? Either through FB or G something that we can instantly generate traffic/leads from?
    I have a software that I sell to agents that generates buyer leads. However, in order to use it you have to be a licensed agent. However, if you don't have your license then you could align yourself with a licensed agent, advertise these particular listings in their name then sell the leads to them or to others. PM for details. Am happy to help.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8693123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DaleMG
    When it comes to really good real estate leads, these guys are awesome: http://getyourownrealestateleads.com/?source=dillyfrm
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8846636].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheZafraGroup
    Why not start a blog and start blogging on rich keywords related to real estate. You can get a lot of serious, higher quality and rich traffic this way. It's also long term. When you stop paying for ads, traffic stops as well. As for blogging, as long as you have high quality content, targeted traffic and opt-in forms in place, you will get leads.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8847609].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adiza
    I will create a software for you that can generate hot leads day and night .
    I need to know your location and I will send you a demo
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11137246].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve L
    Originally Posted by richie311 View Post

    Does anyone here generate real estate leads for under $5/lead? I mean real leads from real people.

    I'm having trouble generating real estate leads effectively and cost effectively. I'm paying around $20/lead to generate them from G PPC.

    Can anyone help me lower this?

    I'm currently using a "click to see homes" pop up lead capture but I'm thinknig that isn't the way to go.

    I'm thinking of just doing a submit e-mail to see discounted homes in your area or something like that and once submitted pop up to see what kind of home they're interested in?

    I guess basically does anyone have a tactic to generate leads effectively? Either through FB or G something that we can instantly generate traffic/leads from?
    I'd have to take a look at your landing page and Adwords campaign to know more.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11137258].message }}

Trending Topics