I write fantastic emails daily but don't sell

40 replies
Hey,

I work with a technique of Ben Settle who claims that you write a daily email that is valuable with WHAT TO soft-teaching.

No HOW TO - hard teaching (this comes in product)

I write fantastic emails but they don't sell

I know it's difficult to give advice when you don't see my email here but........ what could be the reason that I don't sell?

The emails are infotaining, problem-focused, with a valuable HOW TO-tip, a story and a link to my product.

Send it to 7k people but open rate is only 9%.

Possible reasons:

1.) My emails are not fantastic
2.) The sales-page is bad
3.) ???

Here 2 translated (sorry for bad english!) mails:

First Mail
Second Mail


PS: English is not my mother tongue.
#daily #emails #fantastic #sell #write
  • Profile picture of the author Alast
    Is the traffic targeted? Are the emails REALLY as good as you say they are? Maybe you could give us an example for us to really give you some criticism on the emails. Are the titles of the emails intriguing?

    It's enough to say what you do is fantastic, but that may be only your perception; nobody else's.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8735544].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author logilogitech
      Originally Posted by Alast View Post

      Is the traffic targeted? Are the emails REALLY as good as you say they are? Maybe you could give us an example for us to really give you some criticism on the emails. Are the titles of the emails intriguing?
      Thanks for quick reply!

      Would give an example but it's not English

      Yes I think those e-mails are very good. Not excellent but...

      They're cool to read, with some stories, tips and a link to my frontend-product (at the moment an ebook-bundle 37 $)

      It's enough to say what you do is fantastic, but that may be only your perception; nobody else's.
      Totally right! But... sometimes I get nice compliments from other guys who opted in for example buddys who work in my niche as well. They say: "Wow, cool emails!"

      Yesterday I showed my last 3 emails to a co-worker of mine and he said: "EMails are great, man! Love the stories!"
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8735561].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author samkadya
        Originally Posted by logilogitech View Post

        Thanks for quick reply!

        Would give an example but it's not English

        Yes I think those e-mails are very good. Not excellent but...

        They're cool to read, with some stories, tips and a link to my frontend-product (at the moment an ebook-bundle 37 $)



        Totally right! But... sometimes I get nice compliments from other guys who opted in for example buddys who work in my niche as well. They say: "Wow, cool emails!"

        Yesterday I showed my last 3 emails to a co-worker of mine and he said: "EMails are great, man! Love the stories!"
        Not many people are willing to part with $37 for an ebook bundle. Try reducing the price to something like $10 and see what happens. Conversion is also dependent on your list as well. If your list is full of people from the third world then you cannot expect to sell much.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8735696].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Raydal
    Well, using that technique a lot depends on your relationship with
    your subscribers. In this type of email marketing you have
    to assume a certain personality that your readers would find
    engaging and some controversial. But with the low open
    rate you may have other problems such as subject line.

    Maybe you need to post one of those 'fantastic emails'
    so a better judgment can be made. It's hard to tell from
    just the information you provided.

    -Ray Edwards
    Signature
    The most powerful and concentrated copywriting training online today bar none! Autoresponder Writing Email SECRETS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8735562].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author logilogitech
      Okay, I show you an example, I just translated it quickly:

      Click here

      Horrible translation, sorry, English is not my mother tongue!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8735658].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fated82
    if you could post one or two emails here for us to critique, it would give us an idea of how good your emails are.

    Include the subject line too
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8735650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fated82
    if you could post one or two emails here for us to critique, it would give us an idea of how good your emails are.

    Include the subject line too
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8735651].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cuie
    What I would do:

    categorize your emails to different types. For example storytelling, short email, long email, urgent email, funny email, serious email, etc.

    Then track which type of email gets the most clicks / sales.

    Then take that email as a master version and make some tweaks to the content: put link first / last, use receivers name / don't use it, try shorter / longer version.

    Test those versions and iterate.

    I'm usually only interested in hard data. I personally HATE the squeeze pages I'm using but they do WORK. If something works and it brings sales, I don't care if I don't personally like it or I wouldn't buy from me myself.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8735669].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paulius
    Just an idea. If your fantastic emails don't convert, maybe it's time to try not such a fantastic emails. What i want to say, it might be that your emails just entertains readers but don't put them into buy mood. All those story and how to tips things are great, you give value and building trust, but there is time to sell. Try to send strictly promotional email, in which you are talking about the product, benefits etc. etc. Try hard selling and look how things are going, if you will see increase in conversion, then try to mix promotional emails with those "what to" and "great story" emails.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8735689].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author trader909
    Banned
    Poor advice i.m.h.o.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8735907].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adam Monroe
    I looked at one of your email copy (first one - afraid.pdf) and it's too long... the online environment is a busy and fast place. If you want to get all the attention you need, you have to say a lot in a few words.

    Yes, the stories are great, but who has time for them? I would suggest to shorten your text and check the results.

    Really hope this helps!
    Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8735995].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Victor Edson
    What are you doing before these emails? That might explain why your open rates are so low. Take a look at your entire funnel from the beginning and see how you can say less, provide more.

    Then test different headlines for all the emails in your sequence and see which ones get opened more.

    Are you getting single optins or double optins? Are you telling subscribers you'll be sending them more info in the mail or are they surprised and confused to see emails from you?

    If you prepare people, they'll expect and look forward to your emails.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8736083].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve B
      Please excuse my directness . . . it's not meant to offend.

      I read both your emails and found nothing compelling in either one. No title to grab interest, no excitement, no controversy, no entertainment, no new information, no news, no call to action . . . in fact, no value.

      They were boring, the grammar and composition were bad, and there was no reason why I would purchase a suggested product or even follow your link.

      If the emails that you composed were a sample of the writing in your product, there is no reason for me to be excited to see what you offer in the paid product.

      When you say . . . "I write fantastic emails daily" . . . I think you have fallen in love with your own writing. But obviously, others don't share your opinion.

      I would suggest you turn to professional writers and pay them to do your copy (and most likely edit your books).

      I'm sorry to be so brutal, but really, your emails are not helping your cause in the least. You want to build interest, create excitement, give undeniable value in the niche, and practically "force" your readers to want more.

      I don't feel any of that.

      I hope you will get some help.

      Steve
      Signature

      Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
      SteveBrowneDirect

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8736170].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author logilogitech
        Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

        [...]
        Hey Steve,

        thanks for your opinion,

        sure grammar and composition is bad but I told you that it is TRANSLATED (!!!) and I'm not english native speaker.

        Thanks for your words though
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8736195].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
          logilogitech,

          I haven't read any of your emails, translated or otherwise, but if you're only getting a 9% open rate, either you don't have a good enough relationship with your subscribers, or your list is hopelessly untargeted. If I were you, I'd concentate on that aspect first before considering the content of your communications.


          Frank
          Signature


          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8736227].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author logilogitech
            Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

            I haven't read any of your emails, translated or otherwise, but if you're only getting a 9% open rate, either you don't have a good enough relationship with your subscribers, or your list is hopelessly untargeted. If I were you, I'd concentate on that aspect first before considering the content of your communications.
            Hey Frank, thanks for your posting, the low 9% is not totally correct because I have 9% when I send it to ALL people (7k) and some of them joined in 2011 or so when I made bad e-mail-marketing.

            When I send my new mails to only new subcribers I get 30% open rate.

            Thanks for your words!!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8736266].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author tomm
              Email marketing is archaic and futile. Maybe 10 years ago the money was in the list, nowadays it just doesn't work anymore.

              The more modern way to do what email marketing was doing 10 years ago is using social networks. Instead of a list of emails, you need a list of friends/followers/and the like.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8736370].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author retsced
                Originally Posted by Adam Monroe View Post

                I looked at one of your email copy (first one - afraid.pdf) and it's too long... the online environment is a busy and fast place. If you want to get all the attention you need, you have to say a lot in a few words.

                Yes, the stories are great, but who has time for them? I would suggest to shorten your text and check the results.

                Really hope this helps!
                Good luck!
                Maybe I'll stop writing 1000 word emails then
                Seriously. Stop, and think... before you talk.

                Originally Posted by tomm View Post

                Email marketing is archaic and futile. Maybe 10 years ago the money was in the list, nowadays it just doesn't work anymore.

                The more modern way to do what email marketing was doing 10 years ago is using social networks. Instead of a list of emails, you need a list of friends/followers/and the like.
                Worst advice I've heard in a while.

                Are you seriously saying that worthless flakebook "likes" are better than email addresses? Jeeez.

                To OP: There's NO personality inside your email messages. You'd think that in your market, this would be an absolute must.
                Signature
                Strong Men and Women put themselves in harms way
                for the freedoms weak people give away for safety
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8736576].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author tomm
                  Originally Posted by retsced View Post

                  Worst advice I've heard in a while.

                  Are you seriously saying that worthless flakebook "likes" are better than email addresses? Jeeez.
                  Your answer is expected from someone who is selling "Email marketing results".

                  But I think you are making some confusion or don't know how facebook works. It has nothing to do with likes, I don't even know how you relate Likes with email addresses. The right comparison is Facebook Friends with email addresses.

                  But even then, I wouldn't recommend Facebook marketing. I was just saying that if people are so inclined to go to the email route, a more modern approach is using Facebook instead.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8736613].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author tomm
                  Originally Posted by retsced View Post

                  Worst advice I've heard in a while.

                  Are you seriously saying that worthless flakebook "likes" are better than email addresses? Jeeez.

                  .
                  Now I see why you assumed I mentioned Facebook Likes, it's because I said "list of friends/followers/and the like."

                  Sorry, english is not my first language. I meant "list of friends/followers/ and similars", not facebook likes.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8736619].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Coby
                Originally Posted by tomm View Post

                Email marketing is archaic and futile. Maybe 10 years ago the money was in the list, nowadays it just doesn't work anymore.

                The more modern way to do what email marketing was doing 10 years ago is using social networks. Instead of a list of emails, you need a list of friends/followers/and the like.
                I assume you have tested this?

                As an email marketer that has tried the "social networks" and SMS and all the other "email replacements" I have to strongly disagree.

                I don't think a social network can replace a good old fashion email list... Heck you even need an email address to register for social networks and where do the notifications from those networks go? Yup, to your email...

                Has email marketing changed? Absolutely?

                Is it archaic and futile? Absolutely not!


                I've personally had over 200K people optin through my optin forms over the past 4 years so I'm speaking from experience, but I feel like you are just re-hashing the latest trends and not speaking from experience yourself.

                However, if you HAVE indeed tested this please please please post the results and the data here. I'm definitely open to change - but you have yet to convince me.

                Internet marketing goes in circles. Right now the hot thing is "Facebook" except they are teaching the same techniques they were teaching 2 years ago when FB was hot then...

                You can't do anything online these days without an email address. Do people get bombarded with emails? Yep! That just means you have to readjust how you market to them...

                I think a better approach is to incorporate the social networks into your list building and email marketing rather than do "one or the other".

                But I do hope that folks follow your advice and start using social networks instead of email lists... :p

                Cheers,
                Coby
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8736654].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author tomm
                  Originally Posted by Coby View Post

                  I assume you have tested this?
                  No I haven't tested this. Besides, if I test, I will end up with only one result.. mine, so the sample would be very little to draw a conclusion.

                  But I've seen several Facebook pages that really work, you can see with your own eyes people commenting, engaging and interacting with the page owner. That's how you draw conclusions, using bigger samples, not only your result. It's much better to see with your own eyes than relying on what people selling email marketing products tell.

                  Originally Posted by Coby View Post

                  Heck you even need an email address to register for social networks and where do the notifications from those networks go? Yup, to your email
                  What's the point in saying that you need an email account to register for social networks?? Looks like you are just trying to confuse the audience.. the need of an email account to register for social networks doesn't prove or disprove anything about email marketing. What you said just doesn't make any sense at all.

                  Originally Posted by Coby View Post

                  I've personally had over 200K people optin through my optin forms over the past 4 years so I'm speaking from experience, but I feel like you are just re-hashing the latest trends and not speaking from experience yourself.

                  However, if you HAVE indeed tested this please please please post the results and the data here. I'm definitely open to change - but you have yet to convince me.
                  Like I said, you don't need to trust what I say on a message board. You have plenty of pages right there on Facebook open to the public, which you can see the level of engagement, if people are commenting and acting, you can see with your own eyes wether those facebook pages are working or not. Some pages are working, several others are not, but at least you can see it.

                  Your test on email marketing, on the other hand, we have to believe that you are saying the truth, there's no way to prove it. And there is this conflict of interest that you are selling email marketing related products.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8736724].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author Coby
                    Originally Posted by tomm View Post

                    No I haven't tested this. Besides, if I test, I will end up with only one result.. mine, so the sample would be very little to draw a conclusion.
                    Whose business is more important? Yours or someone elses? In reality - your results are actually the ONLY thing that matters. And you will never know what the result will be UNLESS you have tested it.

                    I personally have tested both.

                    But it all reality - if you have never tested it then you are doing a disservice to other Warriors by re-hashing false information that you have only gathered "from your own eyes" (or someone selling a course on social networking) not from experience.

                    So you actually have NO IDEA if social networks work better or that email is archaic - you only have an opinion - not hard earned experienced gathered by being in the trenches daily testing both to see the real truth.

                    Originally Posted by tomm View Post

                    But I've seen several Facebook pages that really work, you can see with your own eyes people commenting, engaging and interacting with the page owner. That's how you draw conclusions, using bigger samples, not only your result. It's much better to see with your own eyes than relying on what people selling email marketing products tell.
                    I'm not disagreeing that social networks are good to engage your customers and create interaction. And again - I don't really care about the results of "others" because the only results that matter are the ones in my own business. Just "seeing with my own eyes" a FB page that has lots of interaction DOES NOT MAKE ME MONEY! You need to take the whole picture into account here and not look at it using a narrow minded perspective...

                    The marketers that I do know that use FB successfully in this way almost always send AN EMAIL to the subscriber to tell them about the new FB post and get the interaction started that way. (Jason Parker and Charles Kirkland instantly come to mind).

                    Again, I'm not saying to "depend on what people selling email marketing results" tell you. I'm telling you to TEST it and RELY on the RESULTS of your own testing.

                    I mean - I can tell you that Pepsi tastes better than Coke (which in my opinion it does) but without hard evidence (like a national survey) I have no proof.

                    I can say that Coke is archaic and Pepsi is the new generation of soda, but again that would only by an opinion.

                    Originally Posted by tomm View Post

                    What's the point in saying that you need an email account to register for social networks?? Looks like you are just trying to confuse the audience.. the need of an email account to register for social networks doesn't prove or disprove anything about email marketing. What you said just doesn't make any sense at all.
                    I agree - it obviously doesn't make sense to you. But here let me try to elaborate for you...

                    How do most people get notifications about interactions/posts/likes/followers from these social networks? EMAIL! Either the social network emails them about it OR the content producer will email them. This is what get's the engagement going. Yes, a few people will just check this anyways. But most people rely on notifications through email.

                    Originally Posted by tomm View Post

                    Like I said, you don't need to trust what I say on a message board. You have plenty of pages right there on Facebook open to the public, which you can see the level of engagement, if people are commenting and acting, you can see with your own eyes if those facebook pages are working or not. Some pages are working, several others are not, but at least you can see it.
                    Same thing can be said for email marketing.

                    To reiterate what I said above - I'm not disagreeing that social networks are good for engagement. But engagement does not sell products. You also don't get the whole picture by just looking at the FB page - you have no idea how the page owner gets their traffic or how they get their message out to their fan page. Also, you should realize that FB does not send out notifications through the FB system to all fans of the page - only a small percentage.

                    Originally Posted by tomm View Post

                    Your test on email marketing, on the other hand, we have to believe that you are saying the truth, there's no way to prove it. And there is this conflict of interest that you are selling email marketing related products.
                    You don't have to believe me. I actually do have proof. In fact just go to Google and search for the terms "Coby Wright list building" and you will find over 19,000 results. But the fact that I've been able to support myself and my family for almost 5 years using email marketing is all the proof you need.

                    If you were part of the email marketing community you would already know that I'm very well known and respected and sought out for my information and teaching on that topic.

                    I have tons of proof and am continually testing.


                    Long story short - using only a social network is rather naive and you should definitely do more research and testing for yourself.

                    I'll end with saying that I still don't disagree that social networks have their own value but that value does not exceed that of an email list. Why restrict yourself to only one technique when combined they have so much power?

                    I think if you actually step back and look at the big picture here then you would realize what you are saying is kinda silly. Even the social networks use email marketing.

                    Some folks just get it and others will always be repeating what they heard someone else say. Stop following the herd and do your own thing with your own testing.

                    Cheers,
                    Coby
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8736769].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author tomm
                      Originally Posted by Coby View Post

                      Whose business is more important? Yours or someone elses? In reality - your results are actually the ONLY thing that matters. And you will never know what the result will be UNLESS you have tested it.
                      We are discussing whether email marketing works or not. It doesn't matter one bit whose business is more important. We have to work with statistics and hard facts.

                      Originally Posted by Coby View Post

                      But it all reality - if you have never tested it then you are doing a disservice to other Warriors by re-hashing false information that you have only gathered "from your own eyes" (or someone selling a course on social networking) not from experience.
                      I'm not rehashing false information. People are free to visit facebook pages and see with their own eyes how it all works. I'm not selling people any Facebook related product. In fact, for someone who is starting in IM I wouldn't even recommend building lists of facebook friends. I just suggested Facebook for people who are really decided to go the email marketing route.

                      I think the biggest disservice to warriors are those who spread myths in order to sell their products. They make other warriors spend money and worst of all, spend their whole lives doing something that doesn't work.

                      Originally Posted by Coby View Post

                      So you actually have NO IDEA if social networks work better or that email is archaic - you only have an opinion - not hard earned experienced gathered by being in the trenches daily testing both to see the real truth.
                      MY idea is better than yours. Mine is based on real world, live, open to the public, auditable, several people experiences. Your idea is based on a one man experience's story. It's the same as some lottery winner coming here and telling people to spend all their money buying lottery tickets because it worked for him. One man experience is useless. We need bigger numbers.

                      Originally Posted by Coby View Post

                      You don't have to believe me. I actually do have proof. In fact just go to Google and search for the terms "Coby Wright list building" and you will find over 19,000 results. But the fact that I've been able to support myself and my family for almost 5 years using email marketing is all the proof you need.
                      Words are never proof. I'm not saying that I doubt you. I'm only discussing the semantics of the word "proof". And what exactly does 19,000 results on Google for "Coby Wright list building" prove? I don't understand what you try to say most of the time.

                      Originally Posted by Coby View Post

                      Long story short - using only a social network is rather naive and you should definitely do more research and testing for yourself.
                      It's not naivety. It's about picking the strategies that work best and discarding what doesn't work. The way you put it, looks like one should employ every strategy available otherwise they are being naive.

                      For me one has to spend time with the right strategies only.
                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8736918].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author Coby
                        Originally Posted by tomm View Post

                        We are discussing whether email marketing works or not. It doesn't matter one bit whose business is more important. We have to work with statistics and hard facts.

                        MY idea is better than yours. Mine is based on real world, live, open to the public, auditable, several people experiences. Your idea is based on a one man experience's story. It's the same as some lottery winner coming here and telling people to spend all their money buying lottery tickets because it worked for him. One man experience is useless. We need bigger numbers.
                        Lol, Tomm? Really? are you reading what you are typing? This is silly dude! You want to use statistics and hard facts but then also say that you won't test it because you "already know what the result will be". It appears as though you can tell the future? Do you seriously think I'm the "only person" that email marketing works for? I have over 20+ students that would disagree with you on that one bro. (Several of those are now making 5 figures+ a month using email marketing).

                        We will just have to agree to disagree.

                        I think you should re-read my posts as you are obviously not seeing the point. I never said you should "try every technique out there". What I'm saying is not to limit yourself to only doing email marketing or only doing social network marketing when the two are so closely related and are very powerful when used together.

                        I'm not sure how you can say that "x" is better than "y" when you don't even currently do "x" or "y"...

                        However, if you want to pay for a consultation I can show you endless spreadsheets and tracking data. But it would be silly to share that info here.

                        We both know who is talking from experience and who is just talking
                        . One of us is a well known and well respected Warrior with tons of testimonials, customers and hard core proof that what they do works. The other is, well, just some random guy. (just glance to your left and look at my "thanked" count - you don't get over 1,100 thanks if you are "only trying to sell products".)

                        I'm very well known for the tons of free information that I give away with no strings attached. I have hour after hour of free trainings that I've posted on YouTube, my blog, this forum and other forums. (which is why I suggested you search me on Google).

                        Out of respect to the OP - I will not be replying to any more of your comments as some people will just never "get it" and I do not want to hi-jack the thread.

                        Feel free to search me on YouTube as well. You will likely learn some new list building stuff.

                        Cheers,
                        Coby
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8737007].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author tomm
                          Originally Posted by Coby View Post

                          Lol, Tomm? Really? are you reading what you are typing? This is silly dude! You want to use statistics and hard facts but then also say that you won't test it because you "already know what the result will be". It appears as though you can tell the future?
                          That's right. I gather statistics and facts and so I can predict if something has a good chance to work.

                          Just some facts for you and it's also relevant to this thread so we don't hijack it.

                          -------------------- Facebook ---------- Email Mkt
                          Junk folder --------- No ----------------- Yes
                          Opt in --------------Single -------------- Double
                          Need click to open---No ----------------- Yes
                          Delivery ------------Timeline and email--- Email only
                          Cost --------------- Free --------------- Autoresponder monthly fee

                          Like you said, Facebook notifies via email, so in my view, this is a Facebook plus, not minus. It means Facebook does what email does and more. So just by analyzing this table we can see what's best. I don't need to waste time and do each to discover what the facts already show.

                          Originally Posted by Coby View Post

                          We both know who is talking from experience and who is just talking[/B]. One of us is a well known and well respected Warrior with tons of testimonials, customers and hard core proof that what they do works. The other is, well, just some random guy. (just glance to your left and look at my "thanks" count - you don't get over 1,000 thanks if you are "only trying to sell products".) I'm very well known for the tons of free information that I give away with no strings attached. I have hour after hour of free trainings that I've posted on YouTube, my blog, this forum and other forums. (which is why I suggest you search me on Google).
                          Man I was one of the admins for this forum before you even signed up here. I usually don't look for recognition. People are more thankful when they are sold hope.
                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8737066].message }}
                          • Profile picture of the author logilogitech
                            Sorry, interesting discussion but could you help me? Any advice and tips to my topic? :O
                            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8737115].message }}
                            • Profile picture of the author Cool Hand Luke
                              @Coby- What are you doing man? You're arguing with a guy who 's very first post in this thread is not only completely wrong and based on a illogical premise, but he ADMITS he hasn't tested anything and doesn't have any idea what the hell he's talking about.

                              You know he's wrong.

                              Anybody who does email marketing knows he's wrong.

                              Why bother arguing with someone who has no clue what they're talking about and no real world experience to even base their flawed opinion on?

                              Just let it go man, his terrible advice will sift to the bottom with the rest of the BS people spout off here.
                              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8737134].message }}
                              • Profile picture of the author Coby
                                Originally Posted by logilogitech View Post

                                Sorry, interesting discussion but could you help me? Any advice and tips to my topic? :O
                                Sorry Logi - I was not trying to hi-jack your thread. I just get really passionate about email marketing, lol.

                                I looked over your emails and they looked okay to me assuming it is slightly better grammatically in your native language.

                                I think you are on the right track - but I would like to see you mix it up some...

                                What I mean is - people get used to reading the email and then (hopefully) clicking the link at the bottom...

                                What I would like to see you do is start mixing stuff up - sometimes put a link at the top, sometimes in the middle, sometimes at the end and sometimes as a "P.S."

                                I would also do a combination of different types of emails - not all the long story type emails. Mix it up with a few "hard sell" emails, a few "short and sweet" emails and of course the story emails. Also, an occasional "freebie" just for "valuable subscribers".

                                This way they never know exactly what to expect from your emails. They won't be sure if it's a "promo" email or just a cool freebie or tip.

                                Also, take advantage of the features available to you at your autoresponder to split test your headlines. Aweber and many others will allow you to test many different email headlines in one email broadcast. This will help you get more opens by figuring out the best headline. More opens will (in theory) lead to more clicks which will (in theory) lead to more sales.

                                Also, don't be afraid to show some personality - get a little silly or whatever you need to do to help you stand out among your competitors.

                                One last tip is that you should try to create stronger call to actions. Literally tell the person "Click the link below now to become a chick magnet".

                                Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post

                                @Coby- What are you doing man? You're arguing with a guy who 's very first post in this thread is not only completely wrong and based on a illogical premise, but he ADMITS he hasn't tested anything and doesn't have any idea what the hell he's talking about.

                                You know he's wrong.

                                Anybody who does email marketing knows he's wrong.

                                Why bother arguing with someone who has no clue what they're talking about and no real world experience to even base their flawed opinion on?

                                Just let it go man, his terrible advice will sift to the bottom with the rest of the BS people spout off here.
                                Hey Cool Hand Luke (nice name btw),

                                I agree and I did state in my last post that I would not be responding to anymore of his comments.

                                I just get really passionate about email marketing and sometimes that gets the best of me. I guess it's good to be passionate about what you do, right?

                                Thanks for the reminder though bro.

                                Cheers,
                                Coby
                                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8737259].message }}
                                • Profile picture of the author passiveincomebiz
                                  You say "English is not my mother tongue" - and your email messages reflect that. No disrespect intended - but I thought I say it since you asked why your email messages aren't converting. I would pay someone who knows the language and have some copywriting skills to write your email messages. I think it is very possible that the wording of your messages are a turnoff for your readers. Anita Ashland is a good email copywriter and her prices are within reason. You can Google her or look for her in the copywriter's forum. I do like the fact that you are trying to be engaging and tell stories. I think for the dating niche that is a big plus - but again -- the language is letting you down a bit. Take a look at Jason Capital's email messages - Google him and join his list. He is a dating niche guru and his email messages contain some great stories, are very engaging and put the reader in a buying mood. His email messages should get your creative juices flowing. Good luck my friend.

                                  **If you write your messages in your native tongue I stand corrected**
                                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8743823].message }}
                            • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
                              Originally Posted by logilogitech View Post

                              Sorry, interesting discussion but could you help me? Any advice and tips to my topic? :O
                              Two pieces of salient advice...

                              1. Get better at writing headlines

                              2. Ignore absolutely everything tomm has written in this thread. By his own
                              admission he's clueless on the subject.

                              One other point... what has lead you to believe the people on your list
                              have any interest in the product you're selling?
                              Signature
                              If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
                              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8737182].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author James Clark
                    To the Op. I'm going to let you in on a little secret. (no charge) The human mind is hardwired for stories. So, use Microsoft Word or Open Office Text Document and write your emails like you are telling a story. (that is one continuous email after another) But separate the days.

                    When you go back and proof read them it should tell a story. However, don't fall into the trap of thinking that you will get it right the first time. Finally, you have to practice it over and over about six times until you get the concept.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8736775].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author passiveincomebiz
                Tomm - you couldn't more "out in the left field" on this comment. "Email marketing is archaic and futile" ???. Wow!
                Originally Posted by tomm View Post

                Email marketing is archaic and futile. Maybe 10 years ago the money was in the list, nowadays it just doesn't work anymore.

                The more modern way to do what email marketing was doing 10 years ago is using social networks. Instead of a list of emails, you need a list of friends/followers/and the like.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8743834].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author SocialMedia Monk
                  I am a newbie myself to the email marketing field and trying to catch the tricks but I thought to share some of my thoughts on your email as well as few tips:

                  About the 9% conversion, I agree that it may be that your list is not targeted. Have you bought the list? If so, then I am thinking 9% isn't bad. But if they are your subscribers, then apart from the subject line, you may want to ask:

                  1-what time of the day are you sending it? Try different timing. I am assuming the email habits vary from culture to another. In this part of the world, during weekdays best time to send is 7 to 10:30 am, during weekends it is 7 to 10:30pm. But you need to test yourself.

                  2- which day of the week are you sending it? Again in where I am based, Tuesdays you usually get the highest open rate, but the sell rate is higher on Thursdays [4 days difference]..tells you something, right?

                  Ok, apart from that, what is your click through rate? The click through shows the strength of your copy.

                  MY suggestions:
                  1- I would put the call to actions in two or three places [for long emails]. Then you can direct each call to action to a different page mainly because the one who clicks on the first one usually does it out of curiosity and is not ready to buy a 37$ book. How to do it, just insert different links to 3 different pages [Just wild thinking...haven't seen others doing it but I like getting creative].
                  2-I like how you are establishing authority by stating What-to-Do but you are missing a step. After you tell them what do do, you don't remind them strongly enough that they won't be able to do it on their own. Not sure if that's something you would want to mention on email or on the landing page through testimonials or a video talking about a personal experience...but then if you want to mention it on the landing page, instead of call to action, I would say: READ MORE....or Learn More, or Watch Video ...something like that.
                  In short, as soon as a person hears what to do, they assume now they can get out there and do it. There is one more mental journey you need to take them through before they realize the value of your information

                  And some tips about the subject line:
                  1-If you have their name, include it on the Title
                  2-small letters subject lines have higher open rates

                  ok...i hope it helps
                  again I admit I am just a newbie....and I am open to any corrections by any gurus here

                  Good luck and let us know how you are doing
                  Signature
                  "If you are still wondering where the money is, it is in that unused part of your brain. Start Digging"
                  Recipe to Billion$ Decisions
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8744085].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GlenH
        Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

        Please excuse my directness . . . it's not meant to offend.

        I read both your emails and found nothing compelling in either one. No title to grab interest, no excitement, no controversy, no entertainment, no new information, no news, no call to action . . . in fact, no value.

        They were boring, the grammar and composition were bad, and there was no reason why I would purchase a suggested product or even follow your link.

        If the emails that you composed were a sample of the writing in your product, there is no reason for me to be excited to see what you offer in the paid product.

        When you say . . . "I write fantastic emails daily" . . . I think you have fallen in love with your own writing. But obviously, others don't share your opinion.

        I would suggest you turn to professional writers and pay them to do your copy (and most likely edit your books).

        I'm sorry to be so brutal, but really, your emails are not helping your cause in the least. You want to build interest, create excitement, give undeniable value in the niche, and practically "force" your readers to want more.

        I don't feel any of that.

        I hope you will get some help.

        Steve
        I totally agree with Steve.

        If those are examples of your 'best' emails....... STOP now, and get them professionally written.

        I'm sorry if that seems harsh, but that is the reality.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8737200].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    If you're only getting a 9% open rate then it's your headline not doing its job.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8736640].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TerryX
      Originally Posted by travlinguy View Post

      If you're only getting a 9% open rate then it's your headline not doing its job.
      I agree with this.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8737170].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Umehani Shah
    I would suggest you to review your call to action that you use in your emails. I also kept on sending great emails to my list and when I went through the higher training modules of online marketing in my company, I realized how important small things can be contributing to effectiveness overall..............and one of the crucial things is 'RIGHT CALL TO ACTION IN YOUR MESSAGE'...
    Signature
    I'm being coached by a Millionaire,Are You?
    www.WorkWithUmehani.com
    YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO "MISS" THESE FREE VIDEOS! (NINJA TRAFFIC STRATEGIES)!!!
    www.trafficXsecrets.com
    Wanna Know How To Earn 5k In 30 Days!!!
    www.Earn5kIn30Days.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8737187].message }}

Trending Topics