Domain Name Brainstorm

17 replies
Evening Warriors! Hope everyone is okay.

I am looking to start my own 'personal journey' blog. So basically, the aim is to just blog for myself, as opposed to financial gain like a normally do. Obviously I wouldn't complain if it brings in some nice ad revenue in a years time or whatever.

I want to do something similar to Yaro Starak at entrepreneurs-journey.com

Start my own little podcast, and just blog about internet marketing topics that interest me.

I looked at TheEntrepreneur.com - But it's $12,000 hahaha

AnotherEntrepreneur.com is available.

It needs to be quick and snappy, I feel.

Any help is greatly appreciated
#brainstorm #domain
  • Profile picture of the author DavidOlsen
    both

    EntrepreneurNow.com

    and

    ThisEntrepreneursJourney.com

    are available.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9032258].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ArcticPanda
    I've considered literally just having "FirstNameLastName.com"

    Only potential problem I see with this, is it could eventually tangle in with my personal life. IE, people I went to school with coming across it, judging etc.

    Then again....a man must put his back to the crowd, to command the orchestra
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9032325].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Eric Lovelace
      YO THAT!!!!

      You are in charge of your own destiny, and what people may think, say, or do about you is irrelevant. Because you decided to take charge and will reap the benefits of that decision in the long run.

      Entrepreneurs have to give up a few years in the beginning to be able to do what most people can't when they reach the age of retirement

      Eric
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9032336].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ArcticPanda
        Originally Posted by Eric Lovelace View Post

        YO THAT!!!!

        You are in charge of your own destiny, and what people may think, say, or do about you is irrelevant. Because you decided to take charge and will reap the benefits of that decision in the long run.

        Entrepreneurs have to give up a few years in the beginning to be able to do what most people can't when they reach the age of retirement

        Eric
        Think I decided to leave doubters behind years ago haha. While people were out getting hammered at the clubs on a Friday night, I tapped away on my laptop

        My bank account thanks me for it haha
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9032337].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Cyberkntsean
          themarketingnomad.com
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9032369].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author PotPieGirl
            As someone who 'invented' a name/phrase that Google had never heard of before me....just pick something new, that has never been typed into Google search before, brand yourself and go....

            Google never heard of a 'potpiegirl' before me.... So pick something that is not keyworded and brand yourself.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9032398].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Shaneman
              Here are a few words that could maybe be used instead of the word "journey"

              adventure, quest, travels, voyage, safari, expedition, trek, compass
              circle, zone.

              Shaneman
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9032788].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
              Banned
              Originally Posted by PotPieGirl View Post

              As someone who 'invented' a name/phrase that Google had never heard of before me....just pick something new, that has never been typed into Google search before, brand yourself and go....

              Google never heard of a 'potpiegirl' before me.... So pick something that is not keyworded and brand yourself.
              ^^^^
              This
              You seem to like Arctic Panda for a user name and it really means nothing in the IM world. Brand yourself. There's few here who doesn't know who PotPieGirl is by now.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9032997].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author AlisonM
                A great place to play around with multiple domain name ideas for free, and instantly find out which are available is www.domainnamesoup.com

                I warn you it can be addictive!

                Regards
                Signature

                "tis true - there's magic in the web" - Shakespeare

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9033016].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author ArcticPanda
                Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

                ^^^^
                This
                You seem to like Arctic Panda for a user name and it really means nothing in the IM world. Brand yourself. There's few here who doesn't know who PotPieGirl is by now.
                Already own ArcticPanda.co.uk/.com
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9033087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ArcticPanda
    Bought the domain name for my name!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9032368].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrgoe
    Whatever you like from this post, be ready to take it because many other warriors will also like the names
    Signature
    Want To Rank on The First Page of Google? Try This:
    - Strong Authority Articles on PBNope.Com and
    - SEO Diversification Package From Rankcol.Com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9032839].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Ayton
    I have always liked the idea of First and Last.com if it is available to you because it is so unique and personal - you mentioned in your post that you wanted it to be a blog that tracks your own journey
    Signature

    If you can dream it, you can do it - Walt Disney

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9032843].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Black 68
    Just choose something you like.
    When someone first came up with names Yahoo, Google, Bing, Bebo and so on.. I bet a few heads were turned. No one had heard of them.
    It's what you do with it after that makes or breaks it.
    If your blog / podcast are good, people will get to know you.
    Good luck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9033059].message }}

Trending Topics