Tracking wordpress site pages using google analytics - possible?

11 replies
Greetings!

Is this possible? I want to track quite a few pages of my wp site separately. Actually, they are "thanks for ordering" pages. I am doing split testing so I need to know which page has more visits.

Do I need to create sub directories instead for these pages?

I need your guidance. I am hoping you could shed some light on this.

Sincerely,
G.B.
#analytics #google #pages #site #tracking #wordpress
  • Profile picture of the author aire
    You want to track the "Thanks for ordering " page Correct?

    What information do you want to track there? Like how many times it was accessed? What other information? Your question was a bit vague. If you can give me more information, I will help
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9366876].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Go4DBest
      Originally Posted by aire View Post

      You want to track the "Thanks for ordering " page Correct?

      What information do you want to track there? Like how many times it was accessed? What other information? Your question was a bit vague. If you can give me more information, I will help
      Thanks for your response.

      To be exact, I want to track 4 "thanks for ordering" pages for I have 4 funnels. I created them as pages. I want to track the number of people who land on these pages. That way, I can tell which funnel wins based on the number of visits on these pages.
      Signature
      We setup and design wordpress sites using the Divi theme for roughly 200 USD. Let's talk.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9366884].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NatesMarketing
    No, you would not need to create sub directories to track those pages.

    Just have google analytics present on those pages. And when you look within analytics, go to Behavior and Overview and you'll see exactly where people go.

    You can drill down to even more details as well - just need to do some Analytics exploration!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9366885].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Go4DBest
      Originally Posted by NatesMarketing View Post

      No, you would not need to create sub directories to track those pages.

      Just have google analytics present on those pages. And when you look within analytics, go to Behavior and Overview and you'll see exactly where people go.

      You can drill down to even more details as well - just need to do some Analytics exploration!
      Thanks for your response.

      So if I am understanding you correctly, I can create a separate account for these 4 pages? Then I can just paste the analytics code on the page itself? Will that work?

      It is my understanding that we need to put the analytics code before the closing head tag </head> if we were just tracking the homepage?
      Signature
      We setup and design wordpress sites using the Divi theme for roughly 200 USD. Let's talk.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9366900].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aire
    Nates suggestion is good too but if you are using a WP then there are plugins which let you install GA and track the page stats right from the WP while you are on edit mode of the admin... Good Luck with sales bud.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9366896].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vishwa
    Use Nk analytics plugin available for WordPress. This plugin allows you to track your all wordpress pages.
    Signature
    Techbizmasters.com- Blogging, Technology, and Digital Marketing
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9366904].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aire
    Are you using WP or standalone code for your funnels?

    - Edit. Listen to viswa's suggestion if you are using WP
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9366907].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Go4DBest
      Originally Posted by vishwa View Post

      Use Nk analytics plugin available for WordPress. This plugin allows you to track your all wordpress pages.
      Originally Posted by aire View Post

      Are you using WP or standalone code for your funnels?

      - Edit. Listen to viswa's suggestion if you are using WP
      Thanks guys. I am testing Nk analytics plugin now.
      Signature
      We setup and design wordpress sites using the Divi theme for roughly 200 USD. Let's talk.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9366914].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Go4DBest
      Originally Posted by aire View Post

      Are you using WP or standalone code for your funnels?
      Hi aire, I am using subdirectory with wordpress installed and create 4 "thanks for ordering" pages.

      One of my funnels flow:

      -> FB AD

      -> squeeze page

      -> video sales letter

      -> paypal payment page

      -> thanks for ordering page

      -> FB Group (the materials and resources are provided here)
      Signature
      We setup and design wordpress sites using the Divi theme for roughly 200 USD. Let's talk.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9367337].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author puedall
        HI,

        When I want to track just few of my pages for performance , I use Revolver maps. It shows you vistors in a real time.

        Its neat, you can set it to be practically invisible if you choose the smallest button size like 14px and set colors similar to your website. You could insert it directly into a page.

        What I like the most is that I don't have to sign in or out of anywhere. Just go directly to the page and click the button which only you know where is placed.

        If you insert in the sidebar it would track all of the pages on your website.

        Once you are done with tracking just delete the code..Here is the link


        , Geena
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9367379].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Go4DBest
          Originally Posted by puedall View Post

          HI,

          When I want to track just few of my pages for performance , I use Revolver maps. It shows you vistors in a real time.

          Its neat, you can set it to be practically invisible if you choose the smallest button size like 14px and set colors similar to your website. You could insert it directly into a page.

          What I like the most is that I don't have to sign in or out of anywhere. Just go directly to the page and click the button which only you know where is placed.

          If you insert in the sidebar it would track all of the pages on your website.

          Once you are done with tracking just delete the code..Here is the link


          , Geena
          Let me check that, however I prefer google analytics at this point in time. Thanks for your input.
          Signature
          We setup and design wordpress sites using the Divi theme for roughly 200 USD. Let's talk.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9370684].message }}

Trending Topics