I was day dreaming yesterday and I was thinking, 'Who do I want to become as a person? If I could choose, what traits would I have?' This lead me to think about mentally strong people, and what exactly that means.
Well here is my idea of a mentally strong person, what do you guys think?
1. A mentally strong person demonstrates emotional control. They don't get angry easily and try to find the positive side of situations. If they make a mistake they don't get anxious about it, they see what they did wrong, fix it and learn from it. However, emotional control does not mean showing no emotion. Sure, they'll cry sometimes or get frustrated, but they understand it is temporary and move forward.
2. A mentally strong person exhibits confidence. They have confidence in themselves and their decisions. But they are not arrogant; they still seek advice from others and take it into consideration when making their own decisions.
3. A mentally strong person embraces change. If something goes wrong they don't mope around about it, they look at what went wrong and fix it. Or they look for future change and try to get ahead of the pack. They adapt.
4. A mentally strong person takes risks. Risks are a very important part of life. If no one took any risks we would be stuck in a world of mediocracy. Sometimes you just need to bite the bullet and give it a shot.
5. A mentally strong person continuously raises the bar. They are always looking to do something better, improve on their skills and traits. They don't want to be stuck at where they are right now, they want to continuously move forward.
What do you think about my idea of a mentally strong person? Have you got anything to add?