Well, one of the main reasons why we don't reach are goals is because we take the minimum amount of action that we think will help us move towards our goals.
For example, if I want to make $10,000 per month online, I must create an action plan to reach that goal.
Here is a typical action plan:
- Create a sales funnel with three products ($7 ebook, $47 video course, $97 advanced video course)
- Drive 100-1,000 targeted visitors to my offer every day
- Keep improving conversions and traffic until I hit my goal
That is a decent action plan, but it is based on everything going smoothly and everything going as planned.
Instead you should create an action plan that will prevail over any obstacles or random events that could come your way.
So, instead of aiming for $10,000 per month what if I aimed for $100,000 per month and created an action plan that is designed to help me achieve $100,000 per month?
My action plan would be a lot more detailed and would require a lot more action.
Here is an example of an action plan I would create to reach $100,000 per month
- Create a funnel with seven different products/services ( free report, $7 ebook, $47 video course, $97 advanced video course, $497 advanced video course plus group coaching, $997 advanced video course plus 1-on-1 coaching via email and skype message, $1,997 advanced video course plus 1-on-1 coaching via email/skype message and weekly skype calls)
- Drive 1,000 - $10,000 targeted visitors to my funnel
- Improve traffic and conversions until I hit my goal
- Post on social media daily
- Upload daily YouTube videos
- Post on forums daily
- Email list daily
Can you see the difference?
When you aim for a higher goal you start to think bigger and take bigger action.
Now which goal would you rather come up short on ($10,000 per month or $100,000 per month)?
I'm not going to take credit for this idea.
I actually learned this from Grant Cardone, and he calls it the 10x rule. You take a goal and multiply it by 10 and then you multiply your actions by 10. $100 a day becomes $1,000 a day and $3,000 per month becomes $30,000 per month.
I always knew the importance of aiming high and reaching for the moon (so if you don't make it to the moon you'll end up among the stars).
However, I like the way how Grant Cardone actually calls it the 10X rule and if you apply the 10x rule to your business it is pretty much guaranteed that you will hit your goals faster as well as increase your chances of success significantly.