YES, You CAN Make Money Online!!

45 replies
I'm tired of hearing people say that they just can't make money online, or that making money online only works for scammers and spammers and people who sell get rich quick schemes, etc.

The truth is... YOU CAN MAKE MONEY ONLINE.

If you can post an ad on eBay - you can make money online. (My cousin just started buying a popular brand of microphones from a wholesale distributor in China for $32 and sells them on eBay for $85 like hot cakes!)

If you can post an ad on Craigslist - you can make money online. (Many offline businesses would be happy to pay you money to post ads on Craigslist for them or to generate leads for them via Craigslist. And there are plenty more ways to monetize Craigslist of course...)

If you can write a simple article - you can make money online. (You can either use the article to promote your own products, a product as an affiliate, or you can charge people to write articles for them!)

If you can post a thread in a forum - you can make money online. (There are millions of forums online in thousands of different niches that you can post links to your blog that has your affiliate offers on it.)

If you can blog - you can make money online. (There are people who just write about their everyday lives and/or their opinions while they sit back and collect advertising revenue from Google AdSense and affiliate commissions, etc.)

If you can invest a little bit of money to outsource a blog and a few articles - you can make money online. (This is a relatively easy route considering you don't have to perform any labor or spend time learning how to do certain things).

So, NO MORE EXCUSES!

Now go out there and make some money, or don't, but don't come around here saying that it's impossible to make money online because it's just not true!

Best,
Shane
#make #money #online
  • Profile picture of the author winebuddy
    Thanks Shane - it's been one of those days and I needed a little "pick me up" :-)
    Signature
    birminghamshootingrange.comfor sale |"Knowledge is NOT power... ACTION on Knowledge is power"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2007699].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mohammad Afaq
    Your post is awesome and this is what newbies need to understand

    It's not complicated but they just make it complicated
    Signature

    “The first draft of anything is shit.” ~Ernest Hemingway

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2007709].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nhcarreon
      Yeah, that's because they don't make money it becomes very hard to make money online. Just research it and you can find how to find money online. Your post say it so. Thanks for the head up Shane!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2034004].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chandan_dutta
    Great point Shane. Agree with you! There are so many ways to make money online. But even though people believe only scammers can make money online.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2007801].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Atkins
    Amen to that.

    Anyone who still believes that money can't be made online today
    is totally foolish.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2007965].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shane N
      Originally Posted by IM Headlines View Post

      Amen to that.

      Anyone who still believes that money can't be made online today
      is totally foolish.
      I wouldn't say foolish necessarily... They may just be misguided, however, either way they're definitely incorrect!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2008048].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author John Atkins
        Originally Posted by Shane Natan View Post

        I wouldn't say foolish necessarily... They may just be misguided, however, either way they're definitely incorrect!
        Foolish may sound a bit harsh... but I say that because you don't
        need to know anything at all to realize that people are actually
        making money online. It's just common sense.

        If people weren't making money off the net, it wouldn't exist. Or at
        least, it certainly wouldn't be the same as we know it. Lots of websites
        would not exist, and the internet would be much smaller.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2008135].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ausslite
    Money can be made but most people are looking for the ever elusive free money. the do nothing and till get paid money. fortunately it is not real. and a little work is involved. thanks for the tips
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2008064].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Geoffrey Freedom
      The fate of many newbies is information overload and jumping from one idea to the next(I have been guilty of this myself). Stick to one thing and learn everything about that one way to make money online, some hard work and patience will pay off. Clicking buttons is easy, knowing why your clicking the button is half the battle. Hope this helps!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2008148].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author howinfo
    Originally Posted by Shane Natan View Post


    If you can post an ad on eBay - you can make money online. (My cousin just started buying a popular brand of microphones from a wholesale distributor in China for $32 and sells them on eBay for $85 like hot cakes!)

    Best,
    Shane
    This is really good site to source some nice products from china : Alibaba.com

    An if you are based in UK and looking for some stuff to sell on eBay then I would recommend: stockauctions.com
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2008188].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CPAPJason
    It doesn't take a lot of drive, just some.

    It doesn't take a lot of action, just some.

    Once you get the taste of making money online you will be hooked.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2008247].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chianti
    > Now go out there and make some money, or don't, but don't come around here
    > saying that it's impossible to make money online because it's just not true!

    I hope you won't take offence to this, but this thread does raise questions I have.

    I started researching IM a week or so ago. My perspective before knowing anything about IM was that the only people making real money from it are the people who sell 'SEO secrets' to noobs, who are blindly pursuing a myth, and are ready to buy courses because they see it as an 'investment' of some sort.

    To be honest, I haven't really seen anything really to change my mind about this. For instance, the sigs of the seven people above my post here are all selling IM courses to noobs. In fact, 90% of sigs on this forum sell IM courses to noobs. If IM really works, why isn't there a huge cross-section of sigs pointing to a multitude of different products?

    The other thing that bothers me is that, if a salesman in the real world started making huge commissions for himself, his company would surely lower his commission rather than let one of their employees make himself a shed load of cash (cash which would otherwise be *their* profit). It makes perfect sense to me that PPC/CPA networks keep a careful eye on how much profit they lose through commissions and regulate them so that affiliates cannot earn huge amounts for themselves.

    Apologies for my scepticism. Perhaps the good folks here can change my mind and correct any misconceptions that I have.

    Cheers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2008289].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shane N
      Originally Posted by Chianti View Post

      > Now go out there and make some money, or don't, but don't come around here
      > saying that it's impossible to make money online because it's just not true!

      I hope you won't take offence to this, but this thread does raise questions I have.

      I started researching IM a week or so ago. My perspective before knowing anything about IM was that the only people making real money from it are the people who sell 'SEO secrets' to noobs, who are blindly pursuing a myth, and are ready to buy courses because they see it as an 'investment' of some sort.

      To be honest, I haven't really seen anything really to change my mind about this. For instance, the sigs of the seven people above my post here are all selling IM courses to noobs. In fact, 90% of sigs on this forum sell IM courses to noobs. If IM really works, why isn't there a huge cross-section of sigs pointing to a multitude of different products?

      The other thing that bothers me is that, if a salesman in the real world started making huge commissions for himself, his company would surely lower his commission rather than let one of their employees make himself a shed load of cash (cash which would otherwise be *their* profit). It makes perfect sense to me that PPC/CPA networks keep a careful eye on how much profit they lose through commissions and regulate them so that affiliates cannot earn huge amounts for themselves.

      Apologies for my scepticism. Perhaps the good folks here can change my mind and correct any misconceptions that I have.

      Cheers.
      Chianti,

      The reason why people don't advertise "other products" here is because people don't come here looking for "Gardening Tips" or "How to get their ex back" -- They come here to learn about IM!

      I understand you are skeptical, but there's nothing to be skeptical about... Go to forums that are about other topics and you will see sigs that promote products/services related to that topic/niche.

      There are many people on this forum who make great money selling products in various niches such as:

      - Weight loss
      - Music instruction
      - How to "get your ex back"
      - Gardening tips
      - Pet products (dogs, cats, etc)
      - Recipe sites and food products
      - Martial arts related products
      - Health and Fitness is HUGE
      - Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

      Even I sell eBooks that I created in the music instruction niche. I was a music teacher for many years and have eBooks that teach guitar, piano, bass and how to read music. People buy my products from my website, forums, articles and from Amazon.

      Are you saying you never bought anything online that wasn't IM related?

      Best,
      Shane
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2008617].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
      Originally Posted by Chianti View Post

      >
      The other thing that bothers me is that, if a salesman in the real world started making huge commissions for himself, his company would surely lower his commission rather than let one of their employees make himself a shed load of cash (cash which would otherwise be *their* profit).
      Um...what? You think an employer would cut the pay of their best sales people because they're making too much money? That would send them to a competitor. If anything, the best sales people get a bigger cut and bigger bonuses. Most employers wouldn't risk losing people like that by cutting their commission. When the sales person is making a boatload of cash, he or she is also making a boat load of cash for the company.

      Your skepticism, I'm afraid, has distorted your view of business.
      Signature

      Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2009161].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CPAPJason
      Originally Posted by Chianti View Post

      >...The other thing that bothers me is that, if a salesman in the real world started making huge commissions for himself, his company would surely lower his commission rather than let one of their employees make himself a shed load of cash (cash which would otherwise be *their* profit). It makes perfect sense to me that PPC/CPA networks keep a careful eye on how much profit they lose through commissions and regulate them so that affiliates cannot earn huge amounts for themselves.

      Apologies for my scepticism. Perhaps the good folks here can change my mind and correct any misconceptions that I have.

      Cheers.
      Actually, the people driving good quality traffic are the ones that get boosted in their commissions. I do not mind wiring people, $49k for their net 15 payments. (High end payment, not typical of all IMers on my network.)

      Also, just doing some research you can find a multitude of methods on starting up IM for free, or low cost. I've seen some bright upstart take a used and abused method, give it a new spin, and, BAM, I am wiring some good money to him. He did spend, according to him, about 3 weeks looking over forums, such as this, and others to create his method.

      I've never bought an ebook/course, just read the open info on a lot of forums myself.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2010596].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rob Howard
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2009179].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shane N
      Originally Posted by ccmusicman View Post

      I agree with Dennis here.

      There ARE reasons why people pay 75%+ to affiliates.

      The big one being free traffic that converts.

      Especially when you can make it up on the backend. If I get 100 new buyers a day, and pay my affiliates 100% of 27 bucks...yes, that's 2700 dollars I lost.

      BUT, if 20 of those people go on to buy a 97 dollar product (~1900 bucks) and 10 of them go on to buy a 197 dollar product (another ~2k), then I'm doing good.

      But if I had to drive the traffic myself, and it cost me 3k or more, then it eats into my profits and/or time!

      Don't always assume that something should "Make sense" (like an owner lowering his sales teams pay/commission), because generally there is a very good reason for doing it that way...otherwise, as I said earlier, it wouldn't be done.

      Rob
      Nicely put Rob. People don't understand that when you are a product owner (especially a DIGITAL product like an eBook) you can offer 75% commissions without blinking an eye...

      Think of all of the thousands of affiliates that could promote your product and whether or not your affiliates lose money on PPC or advertising and whether or not they only make 1 sale each... That still translates into thousands of sales for the product owner without investing in advertising, etc.

      I would gladly only take a 25% cut if thousands of affiliates were going out there and promoting my product, I'd be thrilled!

      Best,
      Shane
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2010494].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ernie Lo
    Wonderful post. Newbies WAKE UP, dont be stubborn and shrug the original post, it DOES WORK!

    And yes it takes HARD WORK sorry to break your dreams and it takes time. You want to make money sitting on the toilet seat? Work hard for 6 months building your business and only then you can make good money doing nothing.....but you will still have to work on your business everyday to keep the money flowing and increasing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2010542].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jdhflip
    I'm new to this and let me tell you, there are so many different ways to go it all starts to get confusing. There is no quick way I take it? So I just keep pounding away.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2010577].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SilentX
    Hehe, that's a good way to light a fire under some asses! xD
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2010997].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jventrone
    Thanks Shane for the support. However, it isn't easy making money on line if you have never done it. There is a lot of info out there, maybe to much for newbies.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2011117].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shane N
      Originally Posted by honestbizpro View Post

      That is a very valid statement my friend..and even if you have made money you can get caught up in the Guru-Go-Rouind.

      You really should pick a model to make income and hopefully your present situation can allow you to see beyond a one day payday...I know some people are hurting out there.

      But if you can pick a marketing model that you feel comfortable with and stick with it..whether video marketing, flipping websites, article marketing, PPC, CPA etc you WILL learn and you will be focused and you will make money..sooner or later. IMHO.
      Getting caught up in "Analysis Paralysis" is an individual's own fault and responsibility. That doesn't mean that it's impossible to make money online whatsoever! But I agree with you, people must pick a marketing model and a niche that they feel comfortable with and stay focused and take action!

      Best,
      Shane
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2011655].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Thinker1
    Originally Posted by Shane Natan View Post

    I'm tired of hearing people say that they just can't make money online, or that making money online only works for scammers and spammers and people who sell get rich quick schemes, etc.

    The truth is... YOU CAN MAKE MONEY ONLINE.

    If you can post an ad on eBay - you can make money online. (My cousin just started buying a popular brand of microphones from a wholesale distributor in China for $32 and sells them on eBay for $85 like hot cakes!)

    If you can post an ad on Craigslist - you can make money online. (Many offline businesses would be happy to pay you money to post ads on Craigslist for them or to generate leads for them via Craigslist. And there are plenty more ways to monetize Craigslist of course...)

    If you can write a simple article - you can make money online. (You can either use the article to promote your own products, a product as an affiliate, or you can charge people to write articles for them!)

    If you can post a thread in a forum - you can make money online. (There are millions of forums online in thousands of different niches that you can post links to your blog that has your affiliate offers on it.)

    If you can blog - you can make money online. (There are people who just write about their everyday lives and/or their opinions while they sit back and collect advertising revenue from Google AdSense and affiliate commissions, etc.)

    If you can invest a little bit of money to outsource a blog and a few articles - you can make money online. (This is a relatively easy route considering you don't have to perform any labor or spend time learning how to do certain things).

    So, NO MORE EXCUSES!

    Now go out there and make some money, or don't, but don't come around here saying that it's impossible to make money online because it's just not true!

    Best,
    Shane
    Thanks Shane, I love how you've given different ways of making money. The most important thing is to not give up.
    Signature

    Only $3.50 for 350 words article written by native English speakers. Unique contents & 100% copyscape pass guaranteed. Delivered in 4 to 5 days. PM for sample or to order.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2011726].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alanaj
    Thanks Shane! I love this forum... I'm hooked on Mind Warriors. All this reinforcement and positive energy is empowering!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2012903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iFaith
    Dream big - take action on one model - rinse and repeat - maximize results - and the rest is as they say - history.

    Thanks Shane.
    Signature

    +Faith

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2014137].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Geoff A
      Do you think when they say "can't make money" , they are actually meaning "make salary level money"?......which would be more difficult to do quickly?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2014614].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author loma
    I'm a total noob, just found this forum tonight ( LOA in action !) , and joined up so I can tell you that this thread has been an inspiration to me ! I am looking forward to eventually being able to make meaningful contributions to such discussions but in the meantime I will take on board the great advice you give and enjoy learning the ropes of IM.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2014757].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shane N
      Originally Posted by loma View Post

      I'm a total noob, just found this forum tonight ( LOA in action !) , and joined up so I can tell you that this thread has been an inspiration to me ! I am looking forward to eventually being able to make meaningful contributions to such discussions but in the meantime I will take on board the great advice you give and enjoy learning the ropes of IM.
      That's exactly how this forum works when your a total newbie, you get and then you give! That's how many of us started, by learning the ropes right here on this forum and then contributing back as much as we can... I hope you do the same!

      I am honored that your first post is here in my thread, I wish you all the best of success in your IM endeavors!

      Best,
      Shane
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2015410].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author quista
        Thanks for the motivation. For a long time I thought it was not possible to make money online without being a scammer or working with a scam company. But over the past couple of months I have found so many legit ways to make money online. Soon enough I am going to get my plan right and do it. Thanks again
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2016213].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Shane N
          Originally Posted by quista View Post

          Thanks for the motivation. For a long time I thought it was not possible to make money online without being a scammer or working with a scam company. But over the past couple of months I have found so many legit ways to make money online. Soon enough I am going to get my plan right and do it. Thanks again
          SO many people find themselves in your same predicament... However, not all of them ever see the light and realize that there ARE legitimate ways to make money online... You are one of the luckier ones!

          Keep on going and don't give up!

          Best,
          Shane
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2023636].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thenextcameron
    Everything is possible! It depends on our persistence on doing the job! ^_^

    NEVER GIVE UP!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2018457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kenster
    There is opportunity all over the place on the internet. To take advantage, you need to pick a direction and just make it happen!


    Great post Shane!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2018999].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shane N
      Originally Posted by Kenster View Post

      There is opportunity all over the place on the internet. To take advantage, you need to pick a direction and just make it happen!


      Great post Shane!
      Thanks Kenster, even though that sounds easy and almost too good to be true... It REALLY IS TRUE! And only when someone finally TAKES ACTION, do they come out and admit that it was easy all along, that they just needed to DO something 1st to make it happen.

      Best,
      Shane
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2020371].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author designedbylucas
    I came across your post searching for a topic on Craigslist. I want to say that your post provides a lift of spirit to many people who come to this forum in search of answers and most of all solutions to overcome the present recession.
    But I want to answer some of the ideas you presented in your post. I am a professional web developer and I have been making a decent living on the web by advertising my services on Craigslist.
    But, let me tell you something; in order to make money you need to know what you are doing, and by making the suggestions you are making in this post to other members all you have accomplish is a temporal uplift that soon will evaporate as they see the reality.
    1. Ebay; first of all this is my weakest point but at one time I did some research and the profits in Ebay are minimum. To start with, not every body wants to buy Chinese merchandise; for one thing they are great at imitations, but the quality is a problem. Also, you need to sell hundreds per week in order to declare a salary.
    2. Craigslist; obviously you are not aware of what is going on in Craigslist. In fact; if you can manage to survive 2 weeks in Craigslist with out loosing your accounts then you are a king. You can visit my blog and get a taste of what's been going on; Advertising Frenzy.
    3. Writing an article, posting in forums and having a blog? Yes, all of these are possible after a very prolonged time of constantly writing and interacting with users.
    I do not mean to be rude, in fact it is great that you are lifting every one spirits with such a positive attitude, but there are people out there like my self who are actually making a living out of the web and we have been doing this for years and the web my friend is like a big tabloid where 90% of the content lacks of genuinely and therefore a lot of people jump into the most promising venture to later find out that there was noting.

    I will close this reply with one phrase that many of you here will recognize;
    If it were so simple every one would do it!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2025558].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author addaminsane
      making money online is easy, get exact match domains. Quit trying to buy these small domains that you think will eventually be a useful brandable site thats revisited over and over. Make some effing money.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2025613].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shane N
      Originally Posted by designedbylucas View Post

      I came across your post searching for a topic on Craigslist. I want to say that your post provides a lift of spirit to many people who come to this forum in search of answers and most of all solutions to overcome the present recession.
      But I want to answer some of the ideas you presented in your post. I am a professional web developer and I have been making a decent living on the web by advertising my services on Craigslist.
      But, let me tell you something; in order to make money you need to know what you are doing, and by making the suggestions you are making in this post to other members all you have accomplish is a temporal uplift that soon will evaporate as they see the reality....
      1. Ebay; first of all this is my weakest point but at one time I did some research and the profits in Ebay are minimum. To start with, not every body wants to buy Chinese merchandise; for one thing they are great at imitations, but the quality is a problem. Also, you need to sell hundreds per week in order to declare a salary.
      2. Craigslist; obviously you are not aware of what is going on in Craigslist. In fact; if you can manage to survive 2 weeks in Craigslist with out loosing your accounts then you are a king. You can visit my blog and get a taste of what's been going on; Advertising Frenzy.
      3. Writing an article, posting in forums and having a blog? Yes, all of these are possible after a very prolonged time of constantly writing and interacting with users.
      I do not mean to be rude, in fact it is great that you are lifting every one spirits with such a positive attitude, but there are people out there like my self who are actually making a living out of the web and we have been doing this for years and the web my friend is like a big tabloid where 90% of the content lacks of genuinely and therefore a lot of people jump into the most promising venture to later find out that there was noting.

      I will close this reply with one phrase that many of you here will recognize;
      If it were so simple every one would do it!
      Interesting (yet negative) perspective. Please review my comments below:

      1. Ebay; first of all this is my weakest point but at one time I did some research and the profits in Ebay are minimum. To start with, not every body wants to buy Chinese merchandise; for one thing they are great at imitations, but the quality is a problem. Also, you need to sell hundreds per week in order to declare a salary.

      [SHANE] I agree that not everyone wants to do business with China, but you don't have to, there are wholesalers in America as well. Also, not all Chinese merchandise are imitations. And, you do NOT need to sell hundreds per week to declare a salary. In the example I gave about my cousin (true story) who is currently getting brand new microphones for $32 wholesale and selling them for $85. That's a $53 profit. Sell one a day and you make yourself $1,643/Month!

      2. Craigslist; obviously you are not aware of what is going on in Craigslist. In fact; if you can manage to survive 2 weeks in Craigslist with out loosing your accounts then you are a king. You can visit my blog and get a taste of what's been going on; Advertising Frenzy.

      [SHANE] Of course if you are BREAKING THE RULES on Craigslist, you will get your accounts banned. I am not suggesting in any way that you break Craigslist's TOS.

      3. Writing an article, posting in forums and having a blog? Yes, all of these are possible after a very prolonged time of constantly writing and interacting with users.
      I do not mean to be rude, in fact it is great that you are lifting every one spirits with such a positive attitude, but there are people out there like my self who are actually making a living out of the web and we have been doing this for years and the web my friend is like a big tabloid where 90% of the content lacks of genuinely and therefore a lot of people jump into the most promising venture to later find out that there was noting.

      [SHANE] I disagree that it takes a "very prolonged time" as you put it. I have written many articles, directly linked them to an affiliate link (through my domain name being forwarded) and made hundreds of dollars in commissions. Of course you MUST know what you are doing. But all of the information needed is RIGHT here on this very forum: How to write effective articles, how to follow certain website's TOS, where to submit your articles, how to create FREE blogs easily, etc, etc.

      I didn't take your post as rude... But I appreciate your consideration in that regard. However, it is that exact negative attitude that keeps people from ever making money online in the first place. It is JUST as challenging to make money OFFLINE as it is ONLINE... You have to work and put effort into what you do.

      Take action and good things will come of it. Trust me!

      Best,
      Shane
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2027447].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author timmywf
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2040707].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Shane N
        Originally Posted by timmywf View Post

        The key to making money online is by finding a method. Then concentrate on that ONE method until you master it. Think outside the box though, don't just take someones example, follow it to a T and be done with it. You must be creative to make money online. Too many folks go from method to method, give it a few days and move on to the next popular method. If you don't give it a chance to work then it won't work. Give it a chance folks you will be surprised.:rolleyes:
        Thanks Timmy! Yea, thinking "outside the box" is exactly what has brought me a great deal of success. It's OK to follow a method that is proven to work (no need to re-invent the wheel) however, being creative and putting your own twist on something is the real way to stand out above the rest. The cream always rises to the top!

        Best,
        Shane
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2045169].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RobertDavila
    Great conversation, I'm kind of new on the forum, but I think that making those first couple of bucks on the net is probably the hardest thing. There's so much information coming at you and so much experience. It's kind of intimidating. You also have to have discipline or you'll lose so much money you'll be forced to give up. You really have to hang tough.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2025669].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PreetiN
    Thanks shane for your advice. It's crystal clear.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2025838].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chini
    The problem with most people is that they think making money online is quick...because all those IM products out there claim that you can make $$$$$ within a couple weeks. Anything good, and of value comes over time. I would say about 6 months of learning, failing, and tweaking is enough to start earning some money with IM. Depends on your dedication. Just take action, and fail. The more you fail, the closer you are to success.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2034228].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Hobo82
    Thank you Shane for starting this thread and to everyone else who has pitched in with helpful information. Reading all this wealth of information in this forum is great however what happens is too many of us are hesitant to get started or afraid because we may not know what we are doing, myself included. So thanks to all of you in this forum who take the time to help those who need a little push.

    Hobo82
    Signature

    >>>>>>Creative Writing and More>>>>>>>>

    ****Don't Settle For The Same Old Same***
    http://writerarm.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2034352].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Shane N
      Originally Posted by Hobo82 View Post

      Thank you Shane for starting this thread and to everyone else who has pitched in with helpful information. Reading all this wealth of information in this forum is great however what happens is too many of us are hesitant to get started or afraid because we may not know what we are doing, myself included. So thanks to all of you in this forum who take the time to help those who need a little push.

      Hobo82
      You're very welcome Hobo82. There is no reason to be hesitant or afraid... The worst that can happen is your first campaign might not make a lot of money... So what?

      Many BIG name internet marketers only earned $18 in their first few months (or more) of making money online, but it's through persistence, patience and confidence, they failed until they succeeded... Including myself.

      Hang in there, take action and don't be afraid of failure... Embrace it... Because it brings you one step closer to success every time!

      Best,
      Shane
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2040274].message }}

Trending Topics