As Taught By Jose Mourinho
Why Do people succeed and others fail?
What constitute success in life?
Success in life is a function of the mind
Here the 7 Principles I learn from one of the greatest positive thinkers I have ever met or read about in life--Jose Mourinho.
1. Understand that you are a Special Person: Jose Mourinho said, "I am not the one who comes straight out of a bottle--I'm the special one". You must understand who you really are. Poor self-image will only destroy your power to grow. The greatest discovery of humanity is the discovery of self worth.
2. The Winning Mentality: Mourinho said, "You have to win. When you don't win, it is not good enough, when you finish second, it is not good enough, when you lose a final... it is not good enough". This is the winning mentality. Never settle for less. You either get what you want or nothing less! Do not accept what the world offer you, you must skillfully seduced the world into given you what you want. For Mourinho, settling for less is as good as getting nothing. In you resolution to succeed, you must make up your mind to win and win at all cost. Any price is what paying to win.
3. The TOP--the sweetest place: Mourinho observed, "There is no pressure at the top. The pressure's in being second or third". As a positive thinker, you must never think that getting to the top will cause you more trouble, pressure, pain and trauma. For the winner, there is nothing like 'fear of success'. If you ever want to get to the top in life you must at all cost break out from the 'sickle' mentality that says, "There is too much pressure or competition at the top".
4. Leverage the power of human resources: Mourinho said, "I'm a manager of human resources and I have to work with everybody..." No man is an island. The man who doesn't need people is perhaps the saddest man in the world. Without people, you can never get real far in life. As a positive thinker, you must get rid of the "know-it-all'" and "do-it-yourself" mentality.
5. Be open to learn, re-learn and keep learning: Mourinho said, "Those who think they know everything are truly ignorant. I want to learn something new everyday; it's the type of person I am". What kind of person are you? Do you learn something new everyday? As a positive thinker, you must keep an open mind and be flexible in your learning.
6. Mistake is no big deal: Mourinho said, "If I made a mistake I apologize. I am happy I'm not going to jail because of that". Too many of us behave as if mistake or failure is illegal. Mistake is ethical, natural and part of life! A child will never walk if he is afraid to fall. (Think about that). Nobody is going to jail for a mistake. Mistake is no big deal! As a positive thinker, you must think and see failure as only a friend assisting you towards achieving your dream. Of a truth I have learn is that: mistake is really our best friend on our way to success.
7. You are truly the best: Mourinho bomb shelled, "There is nobody in the world better than me". You are the best. Without you the world is incapacitated. The world needs you because it cannot do without you. Whatever happens to you will only reflect in the world. You must believe in your value and the image that was given to you by God. You are a god in this 'ethnos'!
These principles as taught by the great football coach, Jose Mourinho, have been of great and tremendous help to my life and my way of thinking.
Remember: As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.
To your success
Life Without Walls!