How To be Lucky Using 3 Powerful Steps

38 replies
Lucky Peers

Have you seen people around you and wonder why somehow always they seem to be luckier then you. They seem to always have the lucky break that you desire and they have much more success. So why are they are luckier then you and can we achieve the same amount of luck as them?

Some People Are Luckier

First of all, it is true that some people are luckier than others. It is harder for people who were born in impoverished nation to become rich as compared to people who were born in better countries as it is much easier for them to obtain education and opportunities.

If you are reading this article now, you are considered lucky because you still can enjoy the benefits of the internet and enjoy the vast amount of free content you can find on the web.

How To Improve Our Luck

These 3 attributes can normally be found in lucky people and here is the 3 points.

1.Preparation - They spend great effort in educating themselves so that they can always take action whenever opportunities surfaced. How many times have you missed golden opportunities because you are not prepared to take advantage of the situation? Lucky people avoid this by constantly preparing themselves for their lucky breaks.

2.Network - They hand out name cards, attend events or seminars to meet likeminded people in their industry while the "unlucky" people stayed home to watch TV programs thinking they deserve a break after a hard day work. By working hard to drop their name everywhere and meet new people, the amount of opportunities they will have will increase. It is the Law Of The Seed, the more you seed you sow, the more you reap.

3.Action - If you are prepared but when opportunities are thrown at you and you do not take action, nothing will happen. Things only happen when we take action and lucky people always take action to make things happen. They are already prepared and although there is fear in taking on new challenges, they are not afraid to take the plunge because they know taking action will bring them results.

Parting Words

Stop thinking that your friends or colleagues are lucky with better jobs and flashier cars. You can achieve it too if you are willing to put in the effort to improve your own luck.

Here is a more extensive article that I wrote on improving your luck with 10 simple steps. You can read it for more info
How To Be Lucky Using 10 Simple Steps | Hit Your Goals

Cheers
Vincent
Personal Development Blogger
#lucky #powerful #steps
  • Profile picture of the author Monique Abrams
    Very Nice!

    I enjoyed reading the 10 steps. I always thought creating luck is giving to the world and the people in it, and they will give back to you.

    I see now there is a lot more to it!

    Maybe my luck will change!

    Woohoo!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[428520].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Orion777
      I really enjoyed reading this post Vincent. Thank you. I have found that alot of people are negative thinkers or just plain lazy and then wonder why nothing good ever happens to them. I like your post because it helps people to see that sometimes they must "create" their own luck.
      Signature

      Those who say it cannot be done shouldn't interrupt the ones doing it.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[428606].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikecowles
    "Luck favors the prepared"

    -The Incredibles
    Signature
    FREE Countdown Software for warriors here. (No Opt-in Needed)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[428626].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Vincelog
      Originally Posted by Monique Abrams View Post

      Very Nice!

      I enjoyed reading the 10 steps. I always thought creating luck is giving to the world and the people in it, and they will give back to you.

      I see now there is a lot more to it!

      Maybe my luck will change!

      Woohoo!
      Hey Monique Abrams,

      Wish you great luck and remember to work hard towards it

      Originally Posted by Orion777 View Post

      I really enjoyed reading this post Vincent. Thank you. I have found that alot of people are negative thinkers or just plain lazy and then wonder why nothing good ever happens to them. I like your post because it helps people to see that sometimes they must "create" their own luck.
      Hi Orion777,

      I agree that sometime people think that luck is something out of their control and I got to agree to a certain degree to that, but we can definitely improve our luck. That is what I believe in

      Originally Posted by mikecowles View Post

      "Luck favors the prepared"

      -The Incredibles
      Hi mikecowles,

      Thanks for the quote!

      Cheers
      Vincent
      Personal Development Blogger
      Signature

      Feel stuck? Feel that you are not using your maximum potential?
      Click here to get your free ebook that teaches you how to unleash your maximum potential and achieve whatever you want in life.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[434664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joschu
    Hi Vincent!

    Thanks for the nice statement and thoughts you shared with us.
    Most of the content one already knows but its always nice to get it layed out in front of the eyes again to keep reminded on the facts again and again, til one follows the advices truely and then one become one of those who ARE luckier than others.
    (though usually there will always be others who are much more lucky than oneself is! ;-) )
    God bless,

    Joschu
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[440487].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Vincelog
      Hi Joschu,

      I got to agree that most of us know what is needed to become lucky, successful or healthier, but we can only say that we master it until we apply what we knew.

      Cheers
      Vincent
      Personal Development Blogger

      Originally Posted by Joschu View Post

      Hi Vincent!

      Thanks for the nice statement and thoughts you shared with us.
      Most of the content one already knows but its always nice to get it layed out in front of the eyes again to keep reminded on the facts again and again, til one follows the advices truely and then one become one of those who ARE luckier than others.
      (though usually there will always be others who are much more lucky than oneself is! ;-) )
      God bless,

      Joschu
      Signature

      Feel stuck? Feel that you are not using your maximum potential?
      Click here to get your free ebook that teaches you how to unleash your maximum potential and achieve whatever you want in life.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[443023].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adrianasalmon
    I like Your advice. it makes sense. thanks for the reminder.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[444780].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Miguel Oliveira
    This is a beautiful post. It would make a great introduction to any IM book.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[444798].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Party Plan Pat
    Originally Posted by Vincelog View Post

    Lucky Peers

    Have you seen people around you and wonder why somehow always they seem to be luckier then you. They seem to always have the lucky break that you desire and they have much more success. So why are they are luckier then you and can we achieve the same amount of luck as them?

    Some People Are Luckier

    First of all, it is true that some people are luckier than others. It is harder for people who were born in impoverished nation to become rich as compared to people who were born in better countries as it is much easier for them to obtain education and opportunities.

    If you are reading this article now, you are considered lucky because you still can enjoy the benefits of the internet and enjoy the vast amount of free content you can find on the web.

    How To Improve Our Luck

    These 3 attributes can normally be found in lucky people and here is the 3 points.

    1.Preparation - They spend great effort in educating themselves so that they can always take action whenever opportunities surfaced. How many times have you missed golden opportunities because you are not prepared to take advantage of the situation? Lucky people avoid this by constantly preparing themselves for their lucky breaks.

    2.Network - They hand out name cards, attend events or seminars to meet likeminded people in their industry while the "unlucky" people stayed home to watch TV programs thinking they deserve a break after a hard day work. By working hard to drop their name everywhere and meet new people, the amount of opportunities they will have will increase. It is the Law Of The Seed, the more you seed you sow, the more you reap.

    3.Action - If you are prepared but when opportunities are thrown at you and you do not take action, nothing will happen. Things only happen when we take action and lucky people always take action to make things happen. They are already prepared and although there is fear in taking on new challenges, they are not afraid to take the plunge because they know taking action will bring them results.

    Parting Words

    Stop thinking that your friends or colleagues are lucky with better jobs and flashier cars. You can achieve it too if you are willing to put in the effort to improve your own luck.

    Here is a more extensive article that I wrote on improving your luck with 10 simple steps. You can read it for more info
    How To Be Lucky Using 10 Simple Steps | Hit Your Goals

    Cheers
    Vincent
    Personal Development Blogger
    Hmmm well that was a nice post.

    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect! So looks like we may have a difference of opinion, but hey, I see you point as well!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[445574].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Vincelog
      Originally Posted by adrianasalmon View Post

      I like Your advice. it makes sense. thanks for the reminder.
      Hi adrian,

      You are welcomed.

      Originally Posted by Party Plan Pat View Post

      Hmmm well that was a nice post.

      Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect! So looks like we may have a difference of opinion, but hey, I see you point as well!
      Hi Party Plan Pat,

      I do believe in cause and effect and people can improve their "luck" by taking more action. I believe you understand my point.

      Cheers
      Vincent
      Personal Development Blogger
      Signature

      Feel stuck? Feel that you are not using your maximum potential?
      Click here to get your free ebook that teaches you how to unleash your maximum potential and achieve whatever you want in life.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[544457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jakeh9
    Great tips!
    I think awareness Is the most important because when opportunities come your way you must be able to recognise it. You can get lucky and not even know it!!
    Signature

    Program your Subconscious
    http://selfriches.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[548435].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Vincelog
      Originally Posted by jakeh9 View Post

      Great tips!
      I think awareness Is the most important because when opportunities come your way you must be able to recognise it. You can get lucky and not even know it!!
      Hi jakeh9,

      That is so true! Some people let opportunities slipped away just because they do not know those are their lucky breaks!

      Vincent
      Personal Development Blogger
      Signature

      Feel stuck? Feel that you are not using your maximum potential?
      Click here to get your free ebook that teaches you how to unleash your maximum potential and achieve whatever you want in life.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[561352].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mkinsella
        I liked this post and your 10 easy steps, although I don't agree with all of it I still liked it. Have a look at my recent post 10 Myths About Being Lucky to see where I agree and disagree :-)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4852766].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author w@rrior
    Great tips Vincelog...my favourite is this one:
    "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Signature

    Graphic designer and article writer

    For any questions please contact me:
    warrior.forum.writer@gmail.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4852893].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michaelmyron
    great post !!!! i like it,,,thanks for the share
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4855500].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author melltonroper
    Pretty good thread, thanks for the share...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4855604].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4855652].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hireava
    Great post Vincent! Very informative and inspirational! Thanks a lot for sharing!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4862718].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alicalyttle
    Nice tips vince! will surely be following this one, hopefully I could also find my luck. Thanks~
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5218058].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laramonica
    nice share
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5219497].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnDBrewer
    Vincelog, Thanks for the post. Will definitely be putting this into action as part of my business plan.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5222732].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author koreancowboy
    I agree, it all begins with your mindset and willingness to work for what you want to achieve in life.

    Side note: hi Monique! I'm too far away from you, and am kinda in the same niche (health and fitness). Perhaps we can compare notes sometime? :-)
    Signature

    I provide consulting for companies that use Adobe AEM...you can check out what I've done so far.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5223288].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
      Originally Posted by koreancowboy View Post

      I agree, it all begins with your mindset and willingness to work for what you want to achieve in life.
      Nicely put. With the right mindset (etc.) you can accomplish anything. : )
      Signature
      "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5223493].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
    Vince... I really like your blog. Just went and read a few different articles you have. I think my favorite so far is 33 differences between winners and losers. Pretty motivating stuff you have!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5231092].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author perfectlovehere
    Sorry but I don't believe in luck.

    I believe in action and reaction. But some good tips nonetheless. Thanks for sharing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5231241].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BeverlyHills
    I've started believing what most self improvement gurus say that what we do in life and the situations we encounter are due to our 'inner programming', or 'inner paradigms', rather than 'luck'. I was haunted right from childhood with the feeling that I was no good for anything and everyone else was far better than me. No wonder, nothing seemed to ever go right for me.

    But now I'm using techniques like EFT and meditation and am slowly starting to get rid of this destructive subconscious programming. And the strange thing is that, as I keep getting rid of it, my 'luck' has started to increase!

    Paras
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5233955].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Ruddy
    Your advise make sense. Really man is creator of his Luck. hard work , actions, wisdom can prepare good luck for us.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5236255].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author toluwani
    Thanks for inspiring me.This is the first post I read on this forum.I am new.Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5236692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul_1
    Hey Vincent, Thanks for the great post... We also become massively successful if we help people to succeed...
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5238589].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Boxer123
    Nice Post. "Luck is the residue of Design" is a quote i like to think of when i think of luck, also gary players idea of "the harder i worked the luckier i got" also seems motivating to me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5245844].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author evaseidel
    Thanks for the share.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5262003].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ednadavies
    definitely agree to this....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5263359].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jeremyramos
    Banned
    lucky people always have a better expectation from everything that will happen
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5365972].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author positiva
    luck is spelt 'work'. Hard work increases the chances of you being 'lucky'
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5370246].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webworm
    I like it.But does it really helps to make our luck.Fate is in our hand not in our head.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5372492].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sethczerepak
    I believe in luck, and the smarter I work the more I have of it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5372524].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JoeDRL
    Nice read, thank you.
    It reminds me of a quote by somebody I can't recall but he said something along the lines of "The more I work hard, the luckier I get." which I think is true.

    What he meant is that people don't succeed by luck even though it looks like it from the observer's point of view but they succeed by work.

    Be happy, be successful,
    ~ JoeDRL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5374957].message }}

Trending Topics