Does Everything Happen For A Reason ...

40 replies
Sometimes I look back on my life and think everything happened perfectly. So I was curious, do you think "everything happens for a reason?"
Why and why not?
#happen #reason
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Michael
    I think so. As for the question why, my story is too long to even try typing it out. I'd be here for a month.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4942194].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
      Originally Posted by Whos That Guru View Post

      I think so. As for the question why, my story is too long to even try typing it out. I'd be here for a month.
      Care to give us the short/condensed version?
      Signature
      "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4942330].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author natebunger
    I believe without a doubt that things happen for reason. My life personally unfolds like a movie. I am actively involved in creating things like this with meditation, but when I look back over my life, I can always see reasons for things happening. Occurrences are here to teach us lessons, and serendipitous I have found are symbols in life that give us clues and let us know we are on the right path. An awesome book regarding this is by Deepak Chopra called the "Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire."

    Here is a more in depth description of what the book talks about:

    According to Chopra, an important level of human existence consists of the nonlocal or spiritual domain. Drawing on the example of physics's unpredictable quantum leap, when an electron unpredictably jumps from one orbit to another, he maintains that our own lives too are unpredictable, that it is impossible know what direction life will take. However, such randomness in the universe is actually interconnected. Unpredictable coincidences are, the author maintains, important messages that can be used to achieve one's true destiny.

    Anyhow, I think that WHAT you believe, is what your going to see. I personally like to think of life in this manner. It makes it interesting and as though there is indeed a greater intelligence, or energy that is connected to us. This in turn can give you a sense of belief in your ideas and feelings of how and in which direction to proceed

    Hope that helps!
    Signature
    ##ATTENTION##

    Do You Hate Writing Sales Copy?

    I create killer copy for squeeze pages, video scripts, email auto-responders and sales pages. Click here to see reviews.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4942240].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
      Fascinating stuff. Thanks natebunger.
      Signature
      "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4942323].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author natebunger
        Hey if you don't mind could you click the thanks button, trying to rack up my "Thanks" haha, glad you liked it.
        Signature
        ##ATTENTION##

        Do You Hate Writing Sales Copy?

        I create killer copy for squeeze pages, video scripts, email auto-responders and sales pages. Click here to see reviews.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4942436].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Michael
    Sure, long story short:

    The landlord at our old apartment is 90 something years old. Every year at tax time, he would come to us and claim we owed him some ridiculous amount of money. This year, he claimed we owed him 3400 dollars for 8 months of rent that we never paid him.

    At the time, my mother-in-law was living with us. She lost her home in a foreclosure, and I told her she could come and stay with us until she got back on her feet. Anyway, she signs a paper agreeing that we owe the landlord the money, without even asking me or my wife first.

    So anyway, when I hear about this, I call the landlord and I tell him no way. Not possible. He insisted that it was correct. So I told him to give us the dates that we supposedly never paid him, and I would cross-reference them with my receipts.

    The next week, his ceiling caves in, due to a leak that he never fixed. I call him to let him know, and he says "I don't really give a damn, I don't care about anything since you said you don't owe me any money"

    So I told him, "Its not that we say we don't owe you anything, we have the paperwork to prove it. Give us the dates that you don't think we paid you for, and I'll run them against my receipts."

    So, he gives us the dates and I checked them against my receipts - I have EVERY single month, plus one of those months was for $950 dollars (rent was only $425) and it was in his own handwriting. I added everything up, and we actually OVERPAID the landlord by 2 months... We were paid up for the next 2 months and we had all the paperwork to prove it.

    Anyway, the landlord files an illegal eviction. We thought for sure we would win, since we had all the paperwork to prove that we had actually over-paid him and we were caught up on rent for the next 2 months. But he files an eviction anyway.

    So we go before the judge, thinking there is NO WAY in hell that we can lose. I had receipts for every single month, going back for the past 2 years.

    The landlord goes before the judge and swears (under oath) that he never received the last 2 payments either!

    So I contacted Western Union and I had them fax me the front AND back of the money orders, showing who they were made out to and who cashed them.

    They were made out to him, and he also cashed them. Signature was a perfect match.

    So even with this evidence, he STILL claims he never got them in front of the judge - I thought for sure he sealed his own fate with that lie. Obviously if he is lying about the last 2 months and I just proved that he DID receive and cash the money orders, that he is lying about the other 8 months too.

    So anyway, the judge's EXACT WORDS were "I'm not too good with numbers, so I'm not even going to get in to your stack of receipts".....

    Gave us 72 hours to get our stuff and get out, when we were legally paid on the apartment for the next 2 months.

    We had 3 days to pack our entire lives into a storage unit, which cost us even more money. We lived out of a hotel for a week, carrying our puppy around with us everywhere we went in 110 degree heat.

    We were also under contract to buy a house at the time. Turns out, the house had a gas leak the seller didn't disclose.. so obviously we didn't buy it. The real estate agent had told us that we didn't need to get a home inspection done when we signed the contract too. So, we call her up and we let her know that there is no way we were closing on a house that has a gas leak that the seller lied about. If they lied about something that serious, what else did they lie about? Ya know?

    So our agent calls a friend of hers, knowing that if she didn't do something to help us (we were living out of the hotel at that time) then we could sue her as well as the real estate agency, since she told us we didn't need to get the home inspection done (which is illegal in this state, they are not supposed to tell you this - She even said "I'm really not supposed to tell you this, but you don't need to get a home inspection"

    So she calls a friend of hers, tells her the situation and then tells me and my wife to meet her the next morning at one of her properties. So we did.

    And well, the rest is history. The "friend" (the landlord we are renting from now) didn't charge us a security deposit, didn't make us transfer utilities, nothing.. We moved out of the hotel that day, and moved in here.

    We went from a crappy apartment complex with drug dealing neighbors, to being legally homeless, to here - A house all to ourselves with 5 acres of land.

    And keep in mind - THIS IS the short version...

    lol so yes, I do believe that everything happens for a reason. You don't lose like that for no reason.. especially when you have ALL of the paperwork to prove your case.

    Looking back on everything now, it was the best thing that could have ever happened to us. But it was hell going through it.

    We cried ourselves to sleep every night in that damn hotel room. We didn't know what to do or what was going to happen, or even why it was happening.

    I'm honestly getting a bit choked up just typing this.

    But I can say now that it was honestly for the better. Definitely a reason to everything, no matter how horrible things get, there IS a purpose. You wouldn't be going thru it if you weren't strong enough to handle it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4942430].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gorvene
      Originally Posted by Whos That Guru View Post

      Sure, long story short:

      The landlord at our old apartment is 90 something years old. Every year at tax time, he would come to us and claim we owed him some ridiculous amount of money. This year, he claimed we owed him 3400 dollars for 8 months of rent that we never paid him.

      At the time, my mother-in-law was living with us. She lost her home in a foreclosure, and I told her she could come and stay with us until she got back on her feet. Anyway, she signs a paper agreeing that we owe the landlord the money, without even asking me or my wife first.

      So anyway, when I hear about this, I call the landlord and I tell him no way. Not possible. He insisted that it was correct. So I told him to give us the dates that we supposedly never paid him, and I would cross-reference them with my receipts.

      The next week, his ceiling caves in, due to a leak that he never fixed. I call him to let him know, and he says "I don't really give a damn, I don't care about anything since you said you don't owe me any money"

      So I told him, "Its not that we say we don't owe you anything, we have the paperwork to prove it. Give us the dates that you don't think we paid you for, and I'll run them against my receipts."

      So, he gives us the dates and I checked them against my receipts - I have EVERY single month, plus one of those months was for $950 dollars (rent was only $425) and it was in his own handwriting. I added everything up, and we actually OVERPAID the landlord by 2 months... We were paid up for the next 2 months and we had all the paperwork to prove it.

      Anyway, the landlord files an illegal eviction. We thought for sure we would win, since we had all the paperwork to prove that we had actually over-paid him and we were caught up on rent for the next 2 months. But he files an eviction anyway.

      So we go before the judge, thinking there is NO WAY in hell that we can lose. I had receipts for every single month, going back for the past 2 years.

      The landlord goes before the judge and swears (under oath) that he never received the last 2 payments either!

      So I contacted Western Union and I had them fax me the front AND back of the money orders, showing who they were made out to and who cashed them.

      They were made out to him, and he also cashed them. Signature was a perfect match.

      So even with this evidence, he STILL claims he never got them in front of the judge - I thought for sure he sealed his own fate with that lie. Obviously if he is lying about the last 2 months and I just proved that he DID receive and cash the money orders, that he is lying about the other 8 months too.

      So anyway, the judge's EXACT WORDS were "I'm not too good with numbers, so I'm not even going to get in to your stack of receipts".....

      Gave us 72 hours to get our stuff and get out, when we were legally paid on the apartment for the next 2 months.

      We had 3 days to pack our entire lives into a storage unit, which cost us even more money. We lived out of a hotel for a week, carrying our puppy around with us everywhere we went in 110 degree heat.

      We were also under contract to buy a house at the time. Turns out, the house had a gas leak the seller didn't disclose.. so obviously we didn't buy it. The real estate agent had told us that we didn't need to get a home inspection done when we signed the contract too. So, we call her up and we let her know that there is no way we were closing on a house that has a gas leak that the seller lied about. If they lied about something that serious, what else did they lie about? Ya know?

      So our agent calls a friend of hers, knowing that if she didn't do something to help us (we were living out of the hotel at that time) then we could sue her as well as the real estate agency, since she told us we didn't need to get the home inspection done (which is illegal in this state, they are not supposed to tell you this - She even said "I'm really not supposed to tell you this, but you don't need to get a home inspection"

      So she calls a friend of hers, tells her the situation and then tells me and my wife to meet her the next morning at one of her properties. So we did.

      And well, the rest is history. The "friend" (the landlord we are renting from now) didn't charge us a security deposit, didn't make us transfer utilities, nothing.. We moved out of the hotel that day, and moved in here.

      We went from a crappy apartment complex with drug dealing neighbors, to being legally homeless, to here - A house all to ourselves with 5 acres of land.

      And keep in mind - THIS IS the short version...

      lol so yes, I do believe that everything happens for a reason. You don't lose like that for no reason.. especially when you have ALL of the paperwork to prove your case.

      Looking back on everything now, it was the best thing that could have ever happened to us. But it was hell going through it.

      We cried ourselves to sleep every night in that damn hotel room. We didn't know what to do or what was going to happen, or even why it was happening.

      I'm honestly getting a bit choked up just typing this.

      But I can say now that it was honestly for the better. Definitely a reason to everything, no matter how horrible things get, there IS a purpose. You wouldn't be going thru it if you weren't strong enough to handle it.
      Your story explains what I have always believed that everything happens for a reason so don't you worry when you have to face the strom. Remember that after every storm there is a calm.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4942553].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Michael
    lol @ "thanks whoring"

    Contribute to the community man, you will stack up "thanks" in no time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4942503].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author natebunger
    cool thanks thanked you. haha
    Signature
    ##ATTENTION##

    Do You Hate Writing Sales Copy?

    I create killer copy for squeeze pages, video scripts, email auto-responders and sales pages. Click here to see reviews.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4942511].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Robert Michael
      Originally Posted by natebunger View Post

      cool thanks thanked you. haha
      LOL!



      Anyway, back on topic.. You there Jonathan? Did my story blow your mind and leave you speechless? haha

      100% true.. I have photos from the move, moving in to storage, living out of the hotel room, moving in to the new house, trust me I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4942561].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
        Originally Posted by Whos That Guru View Post

        Anyway, back on topic.. You there Jonathan? Did my story blow your mind and leave you speechless? haha
        (Haha) Yeah - still here. Great story. Thanks for sharing.
        Signature
        "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4945846].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author franhawes
    I do believe that all things happen for a reason and know that God is in control of everything. Be it good or bad, He has a purpose of letting it happen.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4943624].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author profitmaster7
    Wow, Whos That Guru, that is quite a story. Thanks for taking the time to share it. I think everything happens for a reason because we are all part of a big tapestry, but we only get to see the one thread that we're a part of. Once it's all said and done, we'll get to step back and see the miracle it is. For now, we get to wonder how it all makes sense.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4944076].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gaminopete
    Banned
    i like this thread and do believe on it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4944356].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JoeUK
    I believe so yes, even the seemingly insignificant and unpleasant things. The key is trying to find the reason, yet, saying that I also believe that some things happen for a reason that you are not yet 'supposed' to know, if that makes any sense...
    Signature
    Popular MoRoN.com - Because Everything Popular Is Wrong...

    Uplifd.com - Positive News, Uplifting Views & Inspirational Tidbits!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4944420].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Arthur Barn
    Yes, everything happen for a reason. So, whatever occur, always remember that there's a reason why it happened.
    Signature
    Read to know more about heartburn symptoms and remedies
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4944634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author poath
    Everything happens for a reason only if you pay attention. Every failure should become a brick in your palace but if you aren't focused, you will end up with a pile of failure instead of a palace by the end of the day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4944731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Michael
    Thanks. A wise man once said, life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4945113].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RHert
    When something goes wrong, or doesn't work out as planned my mother always used to tell me "It's a blessing in disguise."

    I know this to be true.
    I'm not talking just the small things either.

    Many years ago I became pregnant for the first time. I wanted that baby desperately but it wasn't to be. Ten weeks along there was a miscarriage. It still hurts to think of that sometimes.
    But there was an upside.
    Because I wasn't pregnant a few months later I went home to see my family. Shortly after that my sister died. If I hadn't lost that baby I never would have gotten to see her again.
    Perhaps a bit depressing, but I'm still glad I had the chance to say goodbye.
    Signature
    Copywriting at it's Best! - Tips and tricks to connect with your reader.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4945244].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JasonChoi
    WhosThatGuru, that is an incredible story!

    I have a short story to tell which explains why I believe everything does happen for a reason. Personally, I believe it has to do with a higher power (some would say God), and that it also has to do with the use of my mind.

    Basically, two months ago, I owed a total of $7500. I was in S. Korea. Rent, credit card payments, and bills were due within days. It totally didn't look good. I had been using affirmations and some other mind-related techniques for nearly two months by that point. At the time, I wanted to return to the States to attend my cousin's wedding. I also set an intention to clear my credit card debt, and to pay back everyone I owed in Korea.

    One day, a solution just came to me, and I realized it was directly related to an intention I had set for myself in January, which was to return to the States permanently (I was in Korea for nearly 8 years). So the money 'showed up', I paid back everyone I owed, cleared all my credit card debt, and bought a last minute flight to arrive to the States and I got in one day prior to the wedding! The truth is the money was already available to me the entire time, but I had completely forgotten about it. It's like someone wiped my memory about it!

    And a day before this solution came into my awareness, I had no idea how I would pay my rent. I didn't even have $50 on me. Yet, I wasn't freaking out or worrying. Of course I did at first, but I had been using certain techniques (primarily affirmations) to keep my mind focused, and I knew the answer would come. I just didn't know how.

    So, I'm very convinced that all of this is no accident.

    BTW, I don't recommend putting yourself in the situation I was in!
    Signature
    ================================================== ================
    >>>14 Top Entrepreneur Experts Show You How To Own Your Financial Lifestyle <<<
    ================================================== ================
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4948503].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Illuminart
    For me, "Everything happens cause there's a reason." nuff' said.
    Signature
    Illumi-nations
    The #1 Provider of long range wifi antenna, cantenna and wifi signal booster.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4949616].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author apolwar
    Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post

    Sometimes I look back on my life and think everything happened perfectly. So I was curious, do you think "everything happens for a reason?"
    Why and why not?
    I'm not sure. Maybe I'm not at that part yet of my life to say that about certain events in my life.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4949977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eliya
    I for sure believe everything happens for a reason, and the reason is only for our own good. Although we don't always see it, it's helps to look for what we are meant to learn from it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4955439].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rohm
    Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post

    Sometimes I look back on my life and think everything happened perfectly. So I was curious, do you think “everything happens for a reason?”
    Why and why not?
    Great question; thank you.

    It's beneficial for your mental well-being to think so.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4959373].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jacko
      Yes, I believe that.
      But I also had some experiences that I only could understand
      this principle years later happeneging.

      The facts and connections were not that clear at the time.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4975533].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ExRat
        Hi Whos That Guru,

        Interesting story, I'm glad it worked out for you.

        My question is this - if things happen for a reason, what is that reason?

        Many things have happened to me that have similarities to your story, but when I try and learn the lessons, I think about the one thing that I can control - my attitude towards the situation.

        My belief, based on experiences from both extremes is that when we adopt the negative attitude of the victim mentality, telling ourselves that we have it worse than others without taking a cursory look around us and noticing that this is clearly not possible, we invite hardship and reject reward.

        When we do the opposite and take the positive attitude that difficult challenges (especially based upon injustice and unfairness) are a core feature of living life that should be embraced as something that will make us grow into someone who can contribute more positively to the evolution of the species, then we are tipping the odds in our favour in two important ways -

        a) if we have any kind of belief system that suggests rewards for positive behaviour, then perhaps we will be duly rewarded

        b) if the above belief system in a) is just fantasy, then we are still setting ourselves up to succeed, for a variety of reasons, which revolve chiefly around the idea that by adopting the most useful attitude, we spend all available time and energy on solving the problem rather than feeling sorry for ourselves, which is generally a pointless exercise, as well as setting an example to those around us who will hopefully follow our lead.
        Signature


        Roger Davis

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4977118].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JasonChoi
          Originally Posted by ExRat View Post

          Hi Whos That Guru,

          Interesting story, I'm glad it worked out for you.

          My question is this - if things happen for a reason, what is that reason?

          Many things have happened to me that have similarities to your story, but when I try and learn the lessons, I think about the one thing that I can control - my attitude towards the situation.

          My belief, based on experiences from both extremes is that when we adopt the negative attitude of the victim mentality, telling ourselves that we have it worse than others without taking a cursory look around us and noticing that this is clearly not possible, we invite hardship and reject reward.

          When we do the opposite and take the positive attitude that difficult challenges (especially based upon injustice and unfairness) are a core feature of living life that should be embraced as something that will make us grow into someone who can contriubute more positively to the evolution of the species, then we are tipping the odds in our favour in two important ways -

          a) if we have any kind of belief system that suggests rewards for positive behaviour, then perhaps we will be duly rewarded

          b) if the above belief system in a) is just fantasy, then we are still setting ourselves up to succeed, for a variety of reasons, which revolve chiefly around the idea that by adopting the most useful attitude, we spend all available time and energy on solving the problem rather than feeling sorry for ourselves, which is generally a pointless exercise, as well as setting an example to those around us who will hopefully follow our lead.
          I like what you shared here. Taking control over one's thinking is key here, as attitude is shaped by this. It's been said that nothing has any meaning except for the meaning that is given to it. That being said, it suggests that we really DO have control over our thinking, which then can enable us to do things that we once thought was impossible.
          Signature
          ================================================== ================
          >>>14 Top Entrepreneur Experts Show You How To Own Your Financial Lifestyle <<<
          ================================================== ================
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4978022].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jeresteem99
    Sometimes things happen and there is simply no reason or explanation for it. Sometimes unfortunately, things just happen that’s out of our control, like being at the wrong place at the wrong time. But almost always, things happen because of a choice or decision we made. When things happen in our lives that we don’t like, it’s a matter of attitude to use what happened to us as a learning experience.
    Signature

    Get FREE secret from Self Esteem Tips and Depression.
    Self Esteem Worksheets - A *36 worksheet FREE to download! --> Self Esteem for Kids ***** Building Self Esteem

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4977861].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kaysa
    That you don't find any reason right there don't mean that there isn't any reason for that to pass in your reality.

    I'll recommend you to watch the video of Steve Jobs, where he gave an speech to Stanford Graduated students and pay attention to one of his topics "Connecting the Dots"

    Go here
    Hope you learn something from this genius.

    PS: R.I.P. Steve Jobs
    Signature

    Do you want to become a successful Persuasion Master? Learn Persuasion Skills to get anything that you want in your life.

    http://getpersuasionskills.com/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4978023].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hireava
    I believe that everything happens for a reason. You may not know the purpose now but as the time goes by, there will be an instance where you will realize why those things happened.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4981594].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WebPen
    Definitely!

    I'm a Christian, and I believe that God knows what he's doing :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4981732].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sheila Dunfrey
    Stuff happens and you deal with it. Life can be highly meaningful even if some things that happen are just accidents.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4982475].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul_1
    In my humble opinion, you create your own future. 90 of which are the results of our own thinking and actions. We might not be totally aware of it but the littlest thing that we do affects us in the long run.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5324572].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    I believe the meaning of events comes from your own awareness. I can share with you that nothing is ever wasted. I failed out of university the first time I went...17, first time away from home, didn't know what I wanted to study or why I was there, just taking courses that were available. But I passed some.

    Things looked gloomy. I worked at restaurants from 18 to 19, wondering if my life would ever improve.

    A couple years later I settled down into a technical program and did well, taking twice the recommended university courseload (10 courses a term). After that, they told me that with one more year of study, plus the credits from the courses I had passed at university, I could earn a degree. This time, with the right motivation, I took 7 and then 5 courses a term (straight A's were easy with that load, now) and finished.

    That's an example of why I say nothing is ever wasted. Yes, my 18th - 19th years were gloomy. But by 22 I had three diplomas to my name, and everything I had done came back to help me. Only time can give perspective.

    BTW it's 15 years later now. I don't share this story often, but it fit here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5324600].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theory expert
    Banned
    Does everything happen for reason? I don't know...

    "I can only control what I can control" R.I.P. Jack Lalanne
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5324648].message }}
  • I believe this fact because it usually happens in life...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5326400].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ProScribe
    I'm not sure if everything that happens as a higher meaning behind it. If that was true then when I decided to eat a cheeseburger it would need to have some grand significance rather than another mundane activity. Although maybe it does in some sort of enternal recurrence sense.

    What I do believe though is that you can't tell whether something was good or bad often until much later on. Events such as losing your job, breaking up a relationship which at the time seem terrible often ending up being the best thing that happens to you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5326488].message }}

Trending Topics