Becoming rich is difficult? Are you kidding me?

75 replies
I still don't get why almost everyone keeps saying that becoming rich is difficult and you need to work extra hard. You know what's really hard?

Being poor or being average.


Now that's something which is hard. You know why? Really think about it, how much hard work does a poor person have to do all his life just to survive and get by?
  • You have to budget everything.
  • You have to save months in advance for buying something.
  • You compromise on your real wishes just because you can't afford it.
  • You visit restaurants & see the price before you see the item you'd like to have.
  • You wish & hope that some day things would get better.
How horrible is that now? So many people struggle to plan for a possible business but they fail to realize that they have to plan most of their life if they choose to be average.

Getting rich might be hard but it's only hard at first, but being average means everything will be hard for the rest of your life. Think about it.
#difficult #kidding #rich
  • Profile picture of the author icegin
    Interesting point. The idea is to put in the blood, sweat and tears until you succeed or endure unnecessary hardship for the rest of your life.

    Thanks for sharing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5757477].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GT
    Life is going to be demanding no matter what you do, so why not build equity in your own talents, abilities, aspirations and dreams? I agree that it is far better to work hard for part of your life to achieve financial independence than it is to work hard all of your life to give your boss a better lifestyle.

    GT
    Signature

    * You Can Begin Earning Affiliate Income Here – Direct Commissions and Residual Income!
    * Home Business Resources and Affiliate Opportunities
    * Visit This Library to Expand Your Knowledge – Blog Post
    * Reinventing Your Life - Make the Rest of Your Life the BEST of Your Life!
    * Follow Me On Twitter ===> MyPowerSite <===| gtbulmer | StarrBizzcom

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5757665].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    it really depends on your definition of rich ..and average ..

    as someone who is broke..currently.. but that will of course change ..i know how much average and poor sucks ..and working for others .. but after a stretch of very long term unemployment.. this whole retirement thing tht is 30-35 years away.. not appealing at all.

    I've learned the lessons i had to learn from the lack i have lived with.. now it is more about opening the pathways for abundence to flow ..

    I may never have a bank roll of real estate ..a large stock potfolio ..or 1million in the bank..(of course the 1 million in the bank might happen it just might only hapen if it like what 100 grand is worth now )

    I think it is way more important to always have the apilityy to create assests and generate an income to take care of your wants ..than to get rich ...whether your desire amount to 2 thousand a month 5 thousand a month or 50 thousand a month ..

    after living on nothing a month and figuring out how to survive ..and working as a temp and having the work end suddenly..

    living in a way where somone else tells you where you can work..when you can work..when you can eat..and really desides when you can eat sleep and when it's best to take care of other bodily functions .. yeah that is hard ..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5757687].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author paul_1
    Everyone is born to succeed... and our mission is to find our purpose... Once you find your purpose, the rest will follow...
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5758199].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wangui
      Absolutely true. Because you then you plan based on your purpose, your goals are based on the same purpose. The challenge is discovering ones purpose. Many people do not want to put in the hard work that goes in searching what your purpose is.
      Signature

      Motivational Public Speaker and Writer.
      www.wamaitha.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5846466].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Ten
    IMO, it is not hard to become wealthy, but it is also not easy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5758459].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NicoRoth
    there is a difference between working hard, and walking a hard path. people tend to get the two mixed up. to be successful you have to work hard.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5758505].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gentryliving
    Being wealthy isn't hard for those who the opportunities to become wealthy. It is easy for them to be more rich if you have whatever you want. It hard for those who have sources, budget, etc to get started.
    Signature
    Professionally designed custom blogging platform
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5758533].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanman
      Originally Posted by gentryliving View Post

      Being wealthy isn't hard for those who the opportunities to become wealthy. It is easy for them to be more rich if you have whatever you want. It hard for those who have sources, budget, etc to get started.
      Why wait for the rain to come to you when you have the option of going to a place where it's already raining? In other words, why would you sit around waiting for opportunities when you just create them?
      Signature


      ^^^Click The "UGLY BANNER" to "MAKE MONEY"^^^
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5759010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author abugah
    Any rich person must think...connect the dots and bring value to the marketplace. This is perhaps the hardest work in the world.

    Since most people are lazy, they shy away from work. The result? Poverty. Desperation. Hopelessness. That's why billions of poor are poor in the world.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5758928].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author joeknight
      Originally Posted by abugah View Post

      Any rich person must think...connect the dots and bring value to the marketplace. This is perhaps the hardest work in the world.

      Since most people are lazy, they shy away from work. The result? Poverty. Desperation. Hopelessness. That's why billions of poor are poor in the world.
      I do not totally agree with you on this. I know a lot of people who are poor, not because they are lazy, but because of circumstance.I am poor and I work 2 full time jobs and have never shied away from hard work.In fact I have worked since I was 16 years of age.My dad told if you work hard,and try your best you can't lose,but of course now I know that is not true. I have known several people from other countries come here work and kill themselves working 2 and 3 jobs.I know a latin girl who works 10 hour days 6 days a week and is a single mom who is poor.Not all poor people are lazy or afraid of hard work,I think this was a huge generalization that is not totally true.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5816641].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ebuyer123
        Originally Posted by joeknight View Post

        I do not totally agree with you on this. I know a lot of people who are poor, not because they are lazy, but because of circumstance.I am poor and I work 2 full time jobs and have never shied away from hard work.In fact I have worked since I was 16 years of age.My dad told if you work hard,and try your best you can't lose,but of course now I know that is not true. I have known several people from other countries come here work and kill themselves working 2 and 3 jobs.I know a latin girl who works 10 hour days 6 days a week and is a single mom who is poor.Not all poor people are lazy or afraid of hard work,I think this was a huge generalization that is not totally true.
        Many people are in the same shoe with you in this bad economy.

        And msot of them simply haven't got the resources (money, time and energy) to kick start of any money making businesses parallel to their tiresome day jobs.

        Good luck to you joeknight!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5816799].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author joeknight
          Originally Posted by ebuyer123 View Post

          Many people are in the same shoe with you in this bad economy.

          And most of them simply haven't got the resources (money, time and energy) to kick start of any money making businesses parallel to their tiresome day jobs.

          Good luck to you joeknight!
          Thanks, but unlike a lot of people who are broke, my situation does have a lot to do bad decessions I have made through out my life. like not staying in army, not investing my money when I had money to invest(young and stupid and to busy having a fun time) and marrying the very wrong woman(this one sank the ship lol) But I have also been friends with people who are poor just because.Like some had no way to gain the knowledge to become successful.Or the economy ssank them(Iknow a guy who had a 6 figure income up till 3 years ago ,now he has been unemployed for almost 3 years.Some times you can do everything right and still lose.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5817152].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author ebuyer123
            Originally Posted by joeknight View Post

            Thanks, but unlike a lot of people who are broke, my situation does have a lot to do bad decessions I have made through out my life...
            Some times you can do everything right and still lose.
            You are right buddy...

            You can have 100's of good decisions, but ONE bad move would sink the ship.
            Just like a black stain (the back decision) on a white shirt (your 100's of good decisions), most people will see the shirt as dirty. What about you?

            Now..you have ONLY 2 options to pick from: (1) sink to the bottom of the Atlantic (like the Titanic) or (2) jump ship and help yourselves for not to died in the water (bad decisions) so that you can have a chance to be rescused in the next hours.

            I hope you can pick the 2nd option!

            Cheers.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5827629].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ryanman
        Originally Posted by joeknight View Post

        I do not totally agree with you on this. I know a lot of people who are poor, not because they are lazy, but because of circumstance.I am poor and I work 2 full time jobs and have never shied away from hard work.In fact I have worked since I was 16 years of age.My dad told if you work hard,and try your best you can't lose,but of course now I know that is not true. I have known several people from other countries come here work and kill themselves working 2 and 3 jobs.I know a latin girl who works 10 hour days 6 days a week and is a single mom who is poor.Not all poor people are lazy or afraid of hard work,I think this was a huge generalization that is not totally true.
        Circumstances are like the climate, they change without notice. But what's important is how you tackle such a thing. There are two types of people on this planet - The one's who justify their spot by coming up with justifications for their situation and then there are folks who take action regardless of their situation.

        In order to be successful hard work isn't enough, high thinking is what's required. Many people who work in hard jobs don't think high. They are too scared to do so and in the process no matter how hard they work, they don't get anywhere.
        Signature


        ^^^Click The "UGLY BANNER" to "MAKE MONEY"^^^
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5856083].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author walkerkatie
    you are right

    paul_1
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5759140].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sanjuk61
    Hii
    Interesting post.....i like this ......

    Thanks
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5759149].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author darrenchow
    Getting rich might be hard but it's only hard at first, but being average means everything will be hard for the rest of your life.
    This is very straight forward and very true XD
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5774438].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DGFletcher
      I found out that my subconscious definition of 'hard' is 'someone does it better than me'. I'm working on changing it, but knowing that made all the difference.

      By that definition, it's easy to be poor or average and still chill about it because there's no competition.
      Signature
      Don't let a messed up computer mess up your business!

      Fix it with a Free Computer Security and Identity Protection Scan
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5776932].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theory expert
    Banned
    Being rich is difficult if you are in a country that doesn't provide opportunities. Secondly, Ryan I have a couple of questions.

    At what age did you decide to get rich and how long did it take you once you decided? Did you get rich without looking back once you decided to get rich?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5778056].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eldudebros
    Yes, it is hard.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5778089].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JeremiahSay
    Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

    I still don't get why almost everyone keeps saying that becoming rich is difficult and you need to work extra hard. You know what's really hard?

    Being poor or being average.


    Now that's something which is hard. You know why? Really think about it, how much hard work does a poor person have to do all his life just to survive and get by?
    • You have to budget everything.
    • You have to save months in advance for buying something.
    • You compromise on your real wishes just because you can't afford it.
    • You visit restaurants & see the price before you see the item you'd like to have.
    • You wish & hope that some day things would get better.
    How horrible is that now? So many people struggle to plan for a possible business but they fail to realize that they have to plan most of their life if they choose to be average.

    Getting rich might be hard but it's only hard at first, but being average means everything will be hard for the rest of your life. Think about it.
    I tried to explain this to everyone but they just won't understand Thank God for such a wonderful thread..

    That's exactly what I thought too:

    "You know what's really hard?

    Being poor or being average.
    "

    All of us has only 1 life time (JUST ONE), why be average when we can be extraordinary? Why waste your life being poor or average?

    People are telling me to stop IM because they pitied me (I'm not earning a lot from IM), their advise to me was go to: WORK. There's really nothing wrong w working.. in fact, 90% of the world population are doing just that - work!! I'm sure I can work if i want too, no big deal.. even 16 yo does that..

    But how far can work bring me? Can it bring me abundance? can it bring me freedom? can it bring me life? NO, and not only so, work takes away HUGE amount of time from me..

    I would rather fail today, right now.. then to fail 10 years later when I start my own family.. I rather fail today for a better tomorrow.. I seriously don't know how long it's gonna take me to reach that level (financially free) but i surely know that I'm gonna reach that level 1 day..

    How many times I'm gonna fail before i reach there? I don't know too, I just know that that's where I wanna be..

    It can take 3 years, 5 years or even 10 years.. it doesn't matter! It can take me to fail 3 times, 5 times, or even 10 times, it also doesn't matter! What matters is I know I've DONE my BEST.. Taking about extraordinary - I would rather do my best and fail than to be average and NOT fail..

    The good news is this, each time I failed, I became smarter, stronger, faster.. I began to learn from my failures.. And that too me is really precious..

    **Warning: I'm not saying that i enjoyed failing, in fact.. it's the exact opposite, show me someone who love failing and I'll show you a failure**

    There's an old saying "the process is more important than the goal".. I should say that Failing is definitely part of the process of achieving big things (for instance, marriage, being financially free, building up a strong bonding with a friend or family member etc)..

    Okayy I guess I'm talking too much.. just don't be average.. be more than just that.. And remember we only have 1 life.. it's either gonna be a daring adventure.. or it's gonna be NOTHING.. (make your choice)

    God bless you,
    Jeremiah

    P.S. People say that working for FREE is cruel (in IM most newbie are usually working for FREE during their initial stage), too me working hard in a job ALL your life without being able to spend much time with your family and friends + not being able to do what you're suppose to do + NO TIME for vacation + Angry boss face + etcc (I can go on ALL day) is much more cruel..

    P.S.S God created us for a purpose.. And I'm pretty sure that purpose is not to WORK IN A JOB
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5778217].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Carlos Tabora
      As Henry Ford said...

      "Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5778559].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanman
      Originally Posted by JeremiahSay View Post





      P.S.S God created us for a purpose.. And I'm pretty sure that purpose is not to WORK IN A JOB
      Couldn't have put it better...Perfect.
      Signature


      ^^^Click The "UGLY BANNER" to "MAKE MONEY"^^^
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5781870].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Majin
    Riches have so much benefits here...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5779905].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author speedbird
    Becoming rich needs working hard, determination and focusing on one's personal goals
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5780019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dominican
    Rich people still have to budget, as it is possible to spend all of the money earned, and thus again have to sit and repeat the whole "average" thinking mentality and processes, even though the person "HAD" encountered a great deal of money.

    In fact, a person could become rich but still encounter everything and then some on the list the OP mentioned, just due to the fact that the money keeps on getting blown.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5781899].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanman
      Originally Posted by Dominican View Post

      Rich people still have to budget, as it is possible to spend all of the money earned, and thus again have to sit and repeat the whole "average" thinking mentality and processes, even though the person "HAD" encountered a great deal of money.
      But when you are wealthy, you'd do it to grow and when you're poor you do it to survive. Big difference between the two situations.
      Signature


      ^^^Click The "UGLY BANNER" to "MAKE MONEY"^^^
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5805107].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author carlhenson
    It's all in the mindset.

    As long as you enjoy what you are doing, you will get there. It doesn't matter if you start as the poorest one or start as someone being privilege already.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5781939].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RobbieT
    I would like to share an excerpt from the Wall Street Journal with you.

    "A new survey by Chicago-based Spectrem Group asked affluent households (those with investible assets of $500,000 or more) how much it takes to be rich. Of the respondents, 45% said $5 million or more, 25% said $25 million or more, and 8% said $100 million (It’s a good bet that the 8% lives in Manhattan or Silicon Valley.)

    Only 22% said $1 million is enough to be rich.

    Previous studies have shown that when people are asked how much it takes to be rich, they always give a number that’s twice their current net worth or income. Those with $100,000 in incomes say $200,000, while those worth $5 million say $10 million.

    All of these studies show that when it comes to defining rich, Americans of all income levels always look up, rather than down."

    Interesting isn't it. What's your definition of being rich ?

    Take good care of those that you love.

    Robbie T
    Signature
    learn how to Make Money From The Web

    Follow my Journey to make an extra $40 or $400 per week each week and TOP UP YOUR WEEKLY INCOME

    Check it out here - Make Money From The Web
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5782806].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TopBackBuilder
    It's the monarchy mentality that we're born into.

    We're taught that there's 3 levels of people.

    Tycoons, Government, and CEO's << Monarchy

    Celebrities << High Class

    Peasant << Everyone else, working to make the top two tiers wealthy and remain so


    This is not how our current economy actually is set-up,
    this is the majority's mindset currently living in our economy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5784005].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bearbo001
    Its all relative...Rich / poor...Happy / depressed...Satisfied / Unsatisfied...

    Some of my happiest days were in college with $5 in my pocket, skipping class on my way to give blood to get $20 to go to happy hour.

    Was that rich or poor?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5788107].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ron Reed
    Seriously, it all comes down to being afraid to change in combination with not being able to focus on one goal.
    I know a lot of guys who tell me "DUDE! TEACH ME HOW TO MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU DO!", and just after I tell them that the most basic is to sit on their ass and work they start mumbling about a million random things. For most people it's difficult to even think of focusing their energy for something, let alone risking getting out of their comfort zone and doing something unknown.
    Not all people are meant to be rich. However those that really want to, they can.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5788768].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mae Rose
    yeah, it really is. especially when you're doing it the right way and legally.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5788786].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Exel
    Very interesting take on the issue, I like how you can view everything from at least
    two different angles and use that to your advantage.

    Some excellent quotes from Jim Rhon that support this kind of thinking:

    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better."

    "It's not that something is expensive, it's just that you can't afford it."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5805262].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TopKat22
    It is definitely a mindset. After years of being in organizations where very successful and wealthy people gave of their time, talent, knowledge, connections and resources to help some work a day business owner wanna be's, I've been disabused of the idea unless that person has the right mindset.

    It is just like Robert Kiyosaki explains in his book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". They had totally different viewpoints of everything.

    However, this does not make the work a day person in anyway less than...

    Many of them do very well based on their own life parameters and are happy.
    Signature
    44 days in and we broke the $10K a month recurring bench mark.

    Guaranteed 60% Opt In Rate Traffic-Real People-Fresh Today-High Quality Biz Opp traffic![/URL]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5805296].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cresad
    yes it hard to become a rich in few days, but consistent effort, proper planning , achievable goals, guidance , patience make it easier.

    Consistent with what you are doing help too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5805350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TopKat22
    The word "rich" is also relative to people. What would be rich to one person, may not be rich to another.

    I always thought becoming a millionaire would be rich.

    Another person I helped years ago thought that making over $100K a year was rich.
    Signature
    44 days in and we broke the $10K a month recurring bench mark.

    Guaranteed 60% Opt In Rate Traffic-Real People-Fresh Today-High Quality Biz Opp traffic![/URL]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5805409].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanman
      Originally Posted by TopKat22 View Post

      The word "rich" is also relative to people. What would be rich to one person, may not be rich to another.
      Exactly. But there should never be an upper limit, once you become a millionaire it's good to target a higher number and keep going up.

      Also, for some people being rich actually means reaching a point where they will never have to work all their life and never worry about money. It's being in that zone where money is not an issue anymore.
      Signature


      ^^^Click The "UGLY BANNER" to "MAKE MONEY"^^^
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5835722].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eedriyz
    It takes mindset to get rich. But seriously, it is not as easy as it looks to get rich. And yet, it is not as hard as it seems. Either way, just be determine and work towards it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5805599].message }}
  • You also have to work smarter as well as harder. You have to educate yourself just as much as you implement. I reckon you need to get some sort of thrill from what you do. You'll need to be in a state where the 'hard work' will seem like fun. As easy as it is said than done, what you do has to really get you up in the morning.

    Becoming rich, in my view, is just a set of habits. Match your habits to the habits of the rich and you will inevitably attract a similar result.
    Signature

    Blogging With Attitude - Michaelangelo Flores Official Blog

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5808637].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Azmodane
    Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

    I still don't get why almost everyone keeps saying that becoming rich is difficult and you need to work extra hard. You know what's really hard?

    Being poor or being average.


    Now that's something which is hard. You know why? Really think about it, how much hard work does a poor person have to do all his life just to survive and get by?
    • You have to budget everything.
    • You have to save months in advance for buying something.
    • You compromise on your real wishes just because you can't afford it.
    • You visit restaurants & see the price before you see the item you'd like to have.
    • You wish & hope that some day things would get better.
    How horrible is that now? So many people struggle to plan for a possible business but they fail to realize that they have to plan most of their life if they choose to be average.

    Getting rich might be hard but it's only hard at first, but being average means everything will be hard for the rest of your life. Think about it.
    A different perspective that I never really thought of. I like it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5809220].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DWaters
    Ryan - Thanks for starting such a GREAT thread. I find this very motivationa. Becoming rich really is a mindset - As the saying points out....

    "Whatever the mind can concieve and believe, it can achieve!"
    Signature
    How I really Make Money With Amazon

    Want to get rich with top rated FREE Super Affiliate Training?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5809331].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joeknight
    Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

    I still don't get why almost everyone keeps saying that becoming rich is difficult and you need to work extra hard. You know what's really hard?

    Being poor or being average.

    Now that's something which is hard. You know why? Really think about it, how much hard work does a poor person have to do all his life just to survive and get by?
    • You have to budget everything.
    • You have to save months in advance for buying something.
    • You compromise on your real wishes just because you can't afford it.
    • You visit restaurants & see the price before you see the item you'd like to have.
    • You wish & hope that some day things would get better.
    How horrible is that now? So many people struggle to plan for a possible business but they fail to realize that they have to plan most of their life if they choose to be average.

    Getting rich might be hard but it's only hard at first, but being average means everything will be hard for the rest of your life. Think about it.
    I have to agree with the first part of what you said here, its very hard being poor, I work 2 full time jobs, get very little sleep and have to constantly keep budgeting. But you know whats harder,trying to learn how to be an Internet markerter !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5809430].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alistair
    I think you have things muddled up. I think you're saying being rich is easy, not becoming rich.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5809456].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kavitapore
    hi
    this is vary interesting point because hard work is key of success.
    without hard work you can not full fill your wishes.
    if you work hard honestly every thing is possible.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5809634].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dominican
      Originally Posted by kavitapore View Post

      hi
      this is vary interesting point because hard work is key of success.
      without hard work you can not full fill your wishes.
      if you work hard honestly every thing is possible.
      What happened to... and what about working easier?

      What about using a bit of common sense, so that the work does not have to be so 'hard'?

      I disagree with the working hard principle too, because that is ONLY good if the work is even in the right direction to begin with....and that direction would be the one that gets a purposefully desired outcome.

      Isn't the whole point of "work" to begin with, to accomplish something? (Achieve a purpose); but how many purposes are TRULY worth an intense ton of work? The initial input has to be gained back, eventually.... or paid back.

      Work should get a return of investment; especially "hard work"; otherwise it really is just futile... UNLESS, of course, a person constantly wants to be in a position where everything must be intense no matter what.

      Some circumstances, people have no choice but to work hard.... such as in a health crisis in the family...

      But there are many circumstances, where people just seem to fool themselves into truly believing that hard work will pay off, and that it's worth it... but those same people never do seem to gauge if it's even the right direction, or if such a path could even give a return of their investment of time, and physical and mental anguish.

      People should be smart workers. Hard work... fine.... for certain things; but SMART work, for as many things as possible. That's what I have seen has gotten people the richest, in terms of fulfilling their dreams, whether financial, or relationship related, or really just health related too.


      Hard work can be someone's blatant enemy... and the worst part is... it's the persons' own fault then.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5868759].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ebuyer123
    Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

    ...Being poor or being average. [/B]

    Now that's something which is hard. You know why? Really think about it, how much hard work does a poor person have to do all his life just to survive and get by?
    • You have to budget everything.
    • You have to save months in advance for buying something.
    • You compromise on your real wishes just because you can't afford it.
    • You visit restaurants & see the price before you see the item you'd like to have.
    • You wish & hope that some day things would get better.
    How horrible is that now? So many people struggle to plan for a possible business but they fail to realize that they have to plan most of their life if they choose to be average.

    Getting rich might be hard but it's only hard at first, but being average means everything will be hard for the rest of your life. Think about it.
    You have made some VErY good points here ryanman
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5814446].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hireava
    Great insight man! Hardwork is really indeed the key to success. It's not that easy to become rich but with hardwork, being rich is possible.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5814943].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ryan Parker
    Not just hard work. But smart work as well.

    "Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5835984].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanman
      Originally Posted by Ryan Parker View Post

      Not just hard work. But smart work as well.

      "Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."
      To add further, progress is made by those who learn the art of effectively getting others to work for them, that way whether you work or not, you still make progress.
      Signature


      ^^^Click The "UGLY BANNER" to "MAKE MONEY"^^^
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5839493].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Abby Hanna
    I think if want to be rich, you should aways learn how to be a good boos not how to be a good staff
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5837082].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author andville12
      From my own point of view; Becoming rich is not difficult, but what is difficult is to be able to manage your resources. At one time or the other most people have had an opportunity to Earn over $5000, but could not utilize the resources properly, and to day they are poor, why?, because they want to fulfill their immediate needs first, instead of investing for their future which is able to make them more than $5.000.000 richer in five years time. A survey made by Parkinson's law makes it certain that the funds that people earn do not become sufficient for them till the end of the month, usually by 15th, the resources of the month has gone down to drain, by the 20th people are looking forward to an advance payment, by the 25th-30th they've started spending from the salary they've not collected yet. Extra income is a serious attraction for many people.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5880487].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author silverfirefly
    ‘Easy’ and ‘hard’ are labels.

    To become wealthy requires a mindset change. These labels I've just mentioned are not conductive to becoming rich.

    I really love things like writing, design, WordPress, etc. Therefore it doesn't feel like a ‘job’ or ‘work’ to me at all, even though I spend the majority of my time doing it. This means I'm not labelling what I do as being ‘difficult,’ ‘hard’ or other negative adjectives. I've changed my perspective. I feel enjoyment, pleasure, I perceive it as being fun, etc.

    It's much easier to make lots of money from doing things you're really passionate about, that you really love doing.

    One thing is a must – good ethics. Without that, not only are you screwing others over in the short term, you're screwing yourself over in the long run.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5839927].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lester2424
      This post made me realize that marketing is exciting when you know the reason why you're doing the things that you do. Putting your customer first is the foundation of marketing but this is usually forgotten and seldom applied. Thanks for reminding me about this concept and may you have everything that your heart desire.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5842269].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jennycall
    Becoming rich is really difficult if you dont know where starting point for your bussiness. When thinking about plan to bussiness, you have to what is your strength and what human demand now is. But how do you know you are rich? Term "rich" has very large dimensions.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5842440].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hirithk
    hai
    its very hard, have to work hard.
    thank u
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5842918].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author travlinguy
    Great Topic. There's a book titled, Life Was Never Meant to Be a Struggle by Stuart Wilde. He shows us how to get what we want without sweating bullets.

    Life Was Never Meant to Be a Struggle by Stuart Wilde

    Not an affiliate link:

    Amazon.com: Life Was Never Meant to Be a Struggle...Amazon.com: Life Was Never Meant to Be a Struggle...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5845686].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alphy3000
    I think the major successfull ones couldn't live with themselves being mediocre, so they *have to* ..become who they want to become & becoming successful
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5848003].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ebuyer123
    The very rich people never feel they are really rich.
    They always think that they can do much better than what they are now!

    Just my 2 cents
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5849636].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author anja98
    Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

    I still don't get why almost everyone keeps saying that becoming rich is difficult and you need to work extra hard. You know what's really hard?

    Being poor or being average.


    Now that's something which is hard. You know why? Really think about it, how much hard work does a poor person have to do all his life just to survive and get by?
    • You have to budget everything.
    • You have to save months in advance for buying something.
    • You compromise on your real wishes just because you can't afford it.
    • You visit restaurants & see the price before you see the item you'd like to have.
    • You wish & hope that some day things would get better.
    How horrible is that now? So many people struggle to plan for a possible business but they fail to realize that they have to plan most of their life if they choose to be average.

    Getting rich might be hard but it's only hard at first, but being average means everything will be hard for the rest of your life. Think about it.
    Well said. Its always difficult to build your first pot of gold. Once you get the first pot, the rest will keep coming.

    Lets do it!
    Signature

    Visit my blog (http://www.ahdanweb.com) to discover all of my journey to build a successful internet business - challenges, failures, dos & don'ts, tips & tricks, advises, lesson learnt.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5856228].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kittmulcahy
    very interesting point!!
    Signature

    Be the Change you want to see in the World...Ghandi

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5858598].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alcon
    If you want to become rich, its a path that not many take, you have to be willing to work and live like not many are willing too for a few years but then you can live like many can't.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5868785].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aatyum
    Hi.

    There's no such thing as hard work.

    Theres stressed effort, distasteful challenges but there's no such thing as hard work.

    This psychological contrivance is like the invention of what we call, 'time'. Its an agreed upon point of reference to explain a coordinate position in a flow of event occurrence periods. We as a race have just decided to reference the measure of the spin and orbits of planets to define this.

    Likewise, the term 'hard work', is a utilized term to identify a less than desirable activity or condition, that we might be involved in. As a human, we might have chosen to agree on this term without truly identifying the intrinsic short and long term effects of its acceptance. In other words, we tell our self to shoot our self in the foot.

    This is because we learn to give ourselves subliminal commandos, of which our behaviors subtly act on and obey, within subtle prescriptions of the condition of time. In truth, you must agree that you like to feel comfortable, good, safe, and secure.

    Did you ever consider that generated psychologies involved with emotionalized feeling, are tangible artifacts that are subject to the physics of motion, mechanics of fluid dynamics, harmonic resonance, transference, and or transformation? Yes, this is still about comments concerning 'hard work'.

    Without getting detailed, explain this to yourself by observing children. When they get into physically exerting group activities like sports of running games, I play
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873318].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tnctech
    Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

    I still don't get why almost everyone keeps saying that becoming rich is difficult and you need to work extra hard. You know what's really hard?

    Being poor or being average.


    Now that's something which is hard. You know why? Really think about it, how much hard work does a poor person have to do all his life just to survive and get by?
    • You have to budget everything.
    • You have to save months in advance for buying something.
    • You compromise on your real wishes just because you can't afford it.
    • You visit restaurants & see the price before you see the item you'd like to have.
    • You wish & hope that some day things would get better.
    How horrible is that now? So many people struggle to plan for a possible business but they fail to realize that they have to plan most of their life if they choose to be average.

    Getting rich might be hard but it's only hard at first, but being average means everything will be hard for the rest of your life. Think about it.
    This is very easy..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873327].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aatyum
    Hi.

    There's no such thing as hard work.

    There's stressed effort, distasteful challenges but there's no such thing as hard work.

    This psychological contrivance is like the invention of what we call, 'time'. 'Time' is a condition. Its an agreed upon point of reference to explain a coordinate position in a flow of event occurrence periods. We as a race have just decided to reference the measure of the spin and orbits of planets to define this.

    Likewise, the term 'hard work', is a utilized term to identify a less than desirable activity or condition, that we might be involved in. As a human, we might have chosen to agree on this term without truly identifying the intrinsic short and long term effects of its acceptance. In other words, we tell our self to shoot our self in the foot.

    This is because we learn to give ourselves subliminal commands, of which our behaviors subtly act on and obey, within subtle prescriptions of the condition of time. If we personally command ourselves to be about a task that is so called 'hard', then guess what?

    In truth, you must agree, that you like to do something that you like to do. Even if it takes a lot of doing. You probably like to feel comfortable, good, safe, and secure. You know you like what you like because your emotionalized sympathies agree with your mental and or physical expectations.

    Now, did you ever consider that generated psychologies involved with emotionalized feeling, are tangible artifacts that are subject to the physics of motion, mechanics of fluid dynamics, harmonic resonance, transference, and or transformation? Yes, this is still about comments concerning 'hard work'.

    Without getting detailed, explain this to yourself by observing children. When they get into physically exerting group activities like sports or running games, they play continuously and enjoy doing so.

    They are in a psychological state of desire to continue exerting themselves. They want to do more. Their mind is nested in a coordinate position of emotional acceptance, despite the amount of effort concerned with mental or physical output. They're happy doing what they're doing. You've been their too, right?

    Well, the state of mind mentioned, is supported by self generated 'emotionalized sympathies', which is a character feature that humans have. Humans also have the ability to reproduce 'emotionalized sympathies' most anytime; most anywhere. Get it?

    This understanding suggest that a given task or effort that is less than desirable, is more likely to not be appreciated, and therefore, disallowed favorable emotionalized sympathies. In simpler terms, you don't like the circumstance.

    To eliminate so-called 'hard work', simply decide to change the thought trend by discovering and focusing on an end-goal benefit; whether its in the next moment, or the next ten years. The object is to displace the inability to generate favorable 'emotionalized sympathies's.

    If an individual can learn how to agree with them-self, and remember to do this, then 'There's no such thing as hard work'.

    Now put this understanding in the perspective of becoming rich. 'There's no such thing as hard work'.

    Tom
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5873337].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author inf
    From experience I learned that (strange enough) I feel more peaceful when having little money rather then having the big bucks. The reason I think is because when you have more money to manage, you start thinking about ways to invest smart, to spend wise, how to double the amount you already have etc
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5880791].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ryanman
      Originally Posted by inf View Post

      From experience I learned that (strange enough) I feel more peaceful when having little money rather then having the big bucks. The reason I think is because when you have more money to manage, you start thinking about ways to invest smart, to spend wise, how to double the amount you already have etc
      Yes that is true! But it's usually an internal blocker which makes people settle for less because settling actually means you will have a hard time later on in life.

      Let's say something bad happens or there is an urgent financial need. What are you going to do then?
      Signature


      ^^^Click The "UGLY BANNER" to "MAKE MONEY"^^^
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5881339].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author savyeman
    Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

    I still don't get why almost everyone keeps saying that becoming rich is difficult and you need to work extra hard. You know what's really hard?

    Being poor or being average.


    Now that's something which is hard. You know why? Really think about it, how much hard work does a poor person have to do all his life just to survive and get by?
    • You have to budget everything.
    • You have to save months in advance for buying something.
    • You compromise on your real wishes just because you can't afford it.
    • You visit restaurants & see the price before you see the item you'd like to have.
    • You wish & hope that some day things would get better.
    How horrible is that now? So many people struggle to plan for a possible business but they fail to realize that they have to plan most of their life if they choose to be average.

    Getting rich might be hard but it's only hard at first, but being average means everything will be hard for the rest of your life. Think about it.
    Great point. I think being rich as to do with what you're able to give back. I think being rich is a decision. We can all decide to rich. We just have to look at all the great things in our lives.

    Choose to be rich now. Choose to go after your goals, the millions will come. Focus on serving and helping people and it will come. Focus on creating sales funnels, and provide value.

    You can be a millionaire, billionaire, you just have to believe you're already rich, the money is byproduct of what you already have.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5881066].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author buckeyes09
    Heck yeah! I'd rather go down swinging than watch strike three!
    Signature

    Christian

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5883814].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author starbolt
    never give up and know the power of leveraging
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5884296].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrelk159
    This is definitely a new viewpoint but you do have a great point.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5909562].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sandycmy
    Interesting perspective.

    I have been rich at least 2 times. Being rich forever is what opens up to other frontiers of exploring life. On pursuit of it ..... !

    What do you want to do with the financial freedom need to be clear or you might lose like me- just my 2 cents. Now I know what I want to do I believe this time I'll be permanently rich by mind and wallet ! and live more passionately than ever !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5913179].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tiffany Carter
    It is not hard to be rich, it is hard to be poor.

    It takes allot more energy to degrade your mental state into a poor state then a rich state.
    Signature

    God,Family,Business. In that Order.
    .99 Cents Into A Million?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5913297].message }}

Trending Topics