I'm a big believer in quitting. I think it's a good thing. You should do more of it.
Yes, I did say quitting and -- yes -- I did say you should do more of it!
Sound odd? I'm not surprised. Maybe it's that neat-o 'survival instinct' of yours kicking in.
Or maybe after years and years of hearing the old saw "A winner never quits and a quitter never wins" bull**** you came to believe it.
After all, from the time, when we were very young children we've been taught that quitting is something negative that "losers do". Real life, however, shows us that quitting is very often a positive force in our lives.
Don't believe me? Try a few of these "quits" and see how much your life improves:
- Quit doing the things that aren't bringing you the results you want.
- Quit procrastinating
- Quit rushing
- Quit being a "Victim"
- Quit feeling miserable for yourself (and being miserable about stuff beyond your control).
- Quit trying to be everything, to do everything, and to have everything.
- Quit giving less than 100% all the time.
- Quit blaming others for your lack of success
- Quit making excuses.
- Quit listening to excuses.
- Quit saying "should've... could've... would've"
- Quit saying “Yes…but”
- Quit expecting more from others than from yourself.
- Quit trying to be like everyone else.
- Quit working overtime.
- Quit talking when you should be listening.
It's a simple idea most of us overlook: To really be a winner, you have to be able to stop doing stuff that's not good for you!
So quit waiting... and take action!
Hope this helps a few people out on their IM Journey.