What are some tips you guys have for staying positively motivated?
I'll start with a few:
|Let's start by defining Motivation. According to Wikipedia it is the activation of goal-oriented behavior. In other words, it is the REASON which gives direction to an action. Motivation is generally categorized as intrinsic or extrinsic.|
• Know the good reasons why you're doing what you're doing;
• Try to enjoy doing what you're doing and have fun;
• Use visualization techniques to help you see the end result, to stay positive;
• Find inspiration by reading motivational quotes;
• Find monotonous tasks boring? Try different ways of approaching it;
• Break goals into tasks, so you can keep track of your progress;
• Remember that you can't function at an optimal level, all the time (it's normal);
• Learn to take a break, especially if you've been working on a task too long;
• Reward yourself for accomplishing tasks that help you reach your goals;
• Make it a DAILY habit to be thankful and stay positive.
What do you guys think of these for starts, anything else to add?