I haven't been very active here lately, because I was really busy. Anyway, here's something I wrote recently, that you may find valuable...
When most people think of the word "wealth", the next word that comes to their mind is "money." The paradox is that many people who only have money, or who only chase money in an obsessive manner, end up unhappy.
You may think that this is an odd statement to make on aforum like this. After all, most of us are here to build successful businesses that make... well... money, right?
But I think you can benefit a lot by "zooming out" and seeing the bigger picture...
Here are some great answers people have given to the question: "What is wealth, to you?"
- Being healthy.
- Not having your choices being limited by money.
- Freedom to do whatever you want, whenever you want.
- Being able to take care of your family.
- Being able to help others in general.
- Being able to take part in the hobbies you enjoy, which may require money. For example, being able to afford a 70's "muscle car" that you want to restore, just because you enjoy doing it (not necessarily for telling others you are cool for having a muscle car).
- Being able to support the lifestyle that makes you happy.
- Being recognized for the work you do.
- Having a balance of health, money, friends, family, and a good "mental state."
- Being able to do meaningful work that makes you jump out of bed each morning.
- Inspire people.
- Have connections.
- Being able to travel, or live where you want.
- Having the "simple" things, like 3 square meals a day and a safe place you call home.
- Being grateful for the "little" things you have, that others take for granted.
- Being more "alert" and "conscious" of what is going on around you. Being able to experience reality around you fully.
Some of the above may sound a little "out there."
Now, here's a key insight:
The above, aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. Instead, they can work synergistically.
For example, if you take care of your health, you can be more productive, which also helps your business.
Or, if you are "well-connected", that too can help your business.
Also, many of the above can serve as a great INSPIRATION, that will motivate you to build the "typical" type of "wealth" (money).
So, what does "wealth" mean to you? :-)