Was running fine for 1 yr+ ... Now my Craigslist ad keeps getting zapped. WHY??...

9 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Now it gets zapped every time I post it.

Is it just my competition getting it pulled down or something???

Please advise.

Thanks!

Here's the ad (also had a bunch of pics of sample graphics I have done)

Category is SERVICES > CREATIVE...
___________________________

> Why pay BIG BUX for graphics when you only want SIMPLE graphics?!?

I WILL DO SIMPLE GRAPHIC DESIGN FOR AS LITTLE AS $47!
(yup - just $47)

I am just getting my graphic design business started - so if you'll be brave enough to try me out,
I'll give you an unbelievable deal!

If you are a small business owner on Oahu, and you want some SIMPLE graphic design done,
I can do that for you.

Again, this price is for SIMPLE graphics.
If you only need some simple graphics done, why get mixed up with those other SLICK designers
who try to charge you AN ARM AND A LEG!

You don't wanna spend a FORTUNE - you just wanna have some simple graphics done!

IMPORTANT: I can only do this for FIVE people per week!
Yup! This week FIVE Oahu biz owners will get their SIMPLE graphic design done
for only $47!!!

Sooo... if you want to one of the 5 people for this week, give me a call RIGHT AWAY!

This deal may not last long! If/when I come to my senses (read: if/when my meds kick in),
I will raise my prices significantly!

Call or text me NOW to be one of the 5 Oahu businesses I will help this week.

-- Tim
-- Cell = [numbers]
PS: This rate is for some SIMPLE graphic design. If you want something more complicated or time consuming, the rates will be higher (of course) - But I'll STILL give you a really GREAT DEAL no matter what. Contact me now.
  • Profile picture of the author positivenegative
    Originally Posted by TimothyW View Post

    Now my Craigslist ad keeps getting zapped. WHY??....
    Possibly because it's the worst advert ever, and they didn't want to put their readers through any more torment than is absolutely necessary.

    It's certainly the biggest load of **** I've ever seen. It's a wonder if anyone would respond to that. Gave me a good bed time laugh though.



    Originally Posted by TimothyW View Post

    Now it gets zapped every time I post it.

    Is it just my competition getting it pulled down or something???

    Please advise.

    Thanks!

    Here's the ad (also had a bunch of pics of sample graphics I have done)

    Category is SERVICES > CREATIVE...
    ___________________________

    > Why pay BIG BUX for graphics when you only want SIMPLE graphics?!?

    I WILL DO SIMPLE GRAPHIC DESIGN FOR AS LITTLE AS $47!
    (yup - just $47)

    I am just getting my graphic design business started - so if you'll be brave enough to try me out,
    I'll give you an unbelievable deal!

    If you are a small business owner on Oahu, and you want some SIMPLE graphic design done,
    I can do that for you.

    Again, this price is for SIMPLE graphics.
    If you only need some simple graphics done, why get mixed up with those other SLICK designers
    who try to charge you AN ARM AND A LEG!

    You don't wanna spend a FORTUNE - you just wanna have some simple graphics done!

    IMPORTANT: I can only do this for FIVE people per week!
    Yup! This week FIVE Oahu biz owners will get their SIMPLE graphic design done
    for only $47!!!

    Sooo... if you want to one of the 5 people for this week, give me a call RIGHT AWAY!

    This deal may not last long! If/when I come to my senses (read: if/when my meds kick in),
    I will raise my prices significantly!

    Call or text me NOW to be one of the 5 Oahu businesses I will help this week.

    -- Tim
    -- Cell = [numbers]
    PS: This rate is for some SIMPLE graphic design. If you want something more complicated or time consuming, the rates will be higher (of course) - But I'll STILL give you a really GREAT DEAL no matter what. Contact me now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9963771].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author socialentry
    Did you pay Craig his protection money?

    You know he expects it every Tuesdays, and it's thursday already.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9964339].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author craigsposterpro
      For starters, much like Google ranking algorithms, Craigslist is constantly upgrading and evolving their ad filters which means what worked yesterday may not necessarily work today for an ad. For instance, in a recent update, Craigslist now has the ability to parse image content. The significance that has is that Craigslist can now track any URLS that all your images share. Craigslist is increasingly flagging any ads (text or images) with links since they hate traffic leakage off their site.

      Now, we haven't even delved into the fact that your ad is much too wordy not just for Craigslist but for prospects reading your ad. The ONLY mission of your ad is to tell people just enough information to motivate them to call or email you. People have short attention spans and are in scan mode on Craigslist.

      I would strongly advise that you make your ad more concise with 5 - 8 one-line bullet items and no more than 2 images. Do not just assume that the ad content that worked even last week will automatically pass through this week. You have to adapt to the ever-evolving Craigslist auto filters.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9964590].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BLACKSOC
    Timothy!

    It is most likely competitors have been flagging your ads! Many people are also running flagging software these days that wage war by flagging their competitors and at the same time adding their ads "to the best of craigslist" it is absolutely unfair! But if you do some research there are some ways to defend against this!

    Best,


    BSOC
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9964824].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author salegurus
      Originally Posted by BLACKSOC View Post

      Timothy!

      It is most likely competitors have been flagging your ads! Many people are also running flagging software these days that wage war by flagging their competitors and at the same time adding their ads "to the best of craigslist" it is absolutely unfair! But if you do some research there are some ways to defend against this!

      Best,


      BSOC
      I would tend to agree that it's a bot flagging your ads...
      Signature
      Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

      ― George Carlin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9965151].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author craigsposterpro
      Great point and it has become much too easy to automate the flagging process. However, it still does require a concerted effort with 6 - 12 local IPs to coordinate this flagging not to mention the cost factor.

      The good news is that the best defense against flagging (by Craigslist or competitors) is to diversify your ad content with many ad title versions, many ad text versions, tons of different images and even multiple phone numbers. Virtual phone numbers are so inexpensive these days through Twilio and Vumber that it's well worth doing. That way, none of your competitors can connect the dots with all those ads as belonging to you.

      Originally Posted by BLACKSOC View Post

      Timothy!

      It is most likely competitors have been flagging your ads! Many people are also running flagging software these days that wage war by flagging their competitors and at the same time adding their ads "to the best of craigslist" it is absolutely unfair! But if you do some research there are some ways to defend against this!

      Best,


      BSOC
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9965206].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GlobalTrader
    Interesting? I just did a search for "simple graphic design" on Hawaii's craiglist and found your ad??

    It is two months old - if it is holding in CL why don't you try renewing it instead of placing new ads?

    You really did not mention in your OP if you were posting your ad to multiple categories, multiple times a day??? If so, you may be bringing this on yourself!

    In regards to a different phone number - have you thought about Google Voice? No cost or a Tracfone which can provide you with over 1000 minutes of service for one year at just over $100 for the year?
    Signature

    GlobalTrader

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9965430].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TimothyW
      Originally Posted by GlobalTrader View Post

      I

      You really did not mention in your OP if you were posting your ad to multiple categories, multiple times a day??? If so, you may be bringing this on yourself!
      I'm not doing that.
      Always in one category. Never more than 1x per day. Almost always "renewing" ad, not posting new one.
      Only "violation" I'm doing is, posting same ad in 2 different places (geo locations) -- ie: 2 different ISLANDS here. 1) sleepy Maui (where I'm at) + MEGA-busy Oahu (where 75% of Hawaiians live).

      That 2-location posting method I am also using for OTHER ads (web design, etc.) and NONE of those are getting flagged + removed.

      ONLY the graphic design ones are getting flagged -- that's what makes me believe it is being done maliciously by a graphic design competitor!

      -- TW
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9965674].message }}

Trending Topics