39 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
I took the survey -- If I disappear now, you know why
  • Profile picture of the author Jill Carpenter
    I'm afraid to click it...
    Signature

    "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372458].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
      I clicked it and read it, but I'm afraid to answer the questions, and I'm NOT giving them my email!!


      Terra
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372491].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    I think I won an xbox.
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372551].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author whateverpedia
      Originally Posted by yukon View Post

      I think I won an xbox.
      I won $4 million courtesy of the Bank Of Nigeria.
      Signature
      Why do garden gnomes smell so bad?
      So that blind people can hate them as well.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372557].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by whateverpedia View Post

        I won $4 million courtesy of the Bank Of Nigeria.

        Claude won a vacuum cleaner.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372558].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author @tjr
          Originally Posted by yukon View Post

          Claude won a vacuum cleaner.
          I got a rock.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372645].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Nate92
            Originally Posted by @tjr View Post

            I got a rock.
            But hey, that must be a damn good rock. HAHA!
            Signature
            "I'm not crazy, I'm motivated!"
            I'm giving my SP Affiliate Revolution training course to Warrior Forum members! Enjoy! (Affiliate Marketing Video Course)
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10375862].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    I did it. Left 8 suggestions and my contact email. I figure nothing to lose at this point.

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372677].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Cali16
      I took it and gave several suggestions as well. But I didn't provide my email address.

      It's just questions like "what type of person would benefit from the WF", "have you referred anyone", and "what value do you get from the forum".
      Signature
      If you don't face your fears, the only thing you'll ever see is what's in your comfort zone. ~Anne McClain, astronaut
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372690].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
        Originally Posted by Cali16 View Post

        I took it and gave several suggestions as well. But I didn't provide my email address.

        It's just questions like "what type of person would benefit from the WF", "have you referred anyone", and "what value do you get from the forum".
        There was an option for not using the WF anymore ....
        I chose it, they asked why ...

        I explained in detail.

        On a side note:
        That survey gave me the impression that Freelancer is thinking of closing down.
        Signature

        Selling Ain't for Sissies!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372716].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
          Originally Posted by kenmichaels View Post

          On a side note:
          That survey gave me the impression that Freelancer is thinking of closing down.
          When the first 2 questions are about doing without, anyone could have that impression.

          I sincerely hope that is not what was behind those 2 questions or the survey. I'll leave it at that.

          Mark
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372737].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
            I took it. They kept asking about Kurt, and what should be done about him. I mentioned that I thought he was really a girl, since nobody has ever met him....or wanted to.


            Actually, I thought the survey was a smart idea. It's a good way to find trouble spots (on the forum), and maybe a few ways to improve. I'm really pretty happy with it, the way it is.

            I usually do most of my whining and complaining between 2 and 3PM. Thank goodness I took the survey at Midnight.

            I notice the "Take our survey" sign is the same color as Viagra. Branding.
            Signature
            One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

            "Those who know that they are profound strive for clarity. Those who would like to seem profound to the crowd strive for obscurity" Friedrich Nietzsche
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372803].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Cali16
          Originally Posted by kenmichaels View Post

          That survey gave me the impression that Freelancer is thinking of closing down.
          That didn't even cross my mind when I took it, but now that you (and others) have mentioned it, it does make sense.

          I initially thought maybe they're genuinely seeking feedback in a desperate attempt to save a sinking ship. Then again, tons of older members have been giving them feedback for well over a year now...
          Signature
          If you don't face your fears, the only thing you'll ever see is what's in your comfort zone. ~Anne McClain, astronaut
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372846].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alaister
            Thank you for everyone who has participated in the survey so far. This will help us improve the community as a whole. For those that haven't we'd love to hear from you.

            Don't worry, we're NOT closing down Warrior Forum.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372853].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author lgibbon
              Banned
              Originally Posted by Alaister View Post

              Thank you for everyone who has participated in the survey so far. This will help us improve the community as a whole. For those that haven't we'd love to hear from you.
              I'm just wondering if there's any point.
              We have a suggestion forum no one takes any notice of.
              There have been numerous threads about the lack of mods at weekends,
              giving the spammers a free reign.
              And guess what, nothing has changed.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10378146].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author marketingva
          Originally Posted by kenmichaels View Post

          There was an option for not using the WF anymore ....
          On a side note:
          That survey gave me the impression that Freelancer is thinking of closing down.
          I got the impression also that they are thinking of closing up shop and moving on. If that is the case it wouldn't surprise me. Their own actions brought them to this place.

          Bonnie
          Signature

          Magic Wand Author Services helps writers polish their manuscripts and connect to readers.
          http://www.mwauthorservices.com

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10374044].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author surgematrix
    What survey you all are talking about? I haven't heard of any survey. I might be missing something here.
    Signature

    SaaS Distributor - http://pentagonweb.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372724].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    I guess they figured they already knew my answers - or didn't even want to because I have yet to see a survey.
    Signature

    Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372956].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
      Banned
      Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

      I guess they figured they already knew my answers - or didn't even want to because I have yet to see a survey.
      I had to disable NoScript to see the link. It's a small banner in the very top right hand side of the forum.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372961].message }}
  • Lat time I took a survey I broke the internet.
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372978].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Barry Unruh
    Dang, it wasn't one of those "Get Paid" surveys... So disappointed.
    Signature
    Brain Drained...Signature Coming Soon!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10373590].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
      What I find strange is that the survey is available to non members, who currently outnumber members by a ratio of around 8 to 1 in the viewing stats.

      That might be clever if the aim was to find out why those visitors haven't yet signed up, but as far as I can see, there's no means of identifying the member status of the respondents.

      .
      Signature


      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10373613].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    The survey needs another question:


    Claude sucks _______ .
    A. All the time.
    B. All of the above.
    Signature
    Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
    Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10373781].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
      I filled out the survey and I got a sad face.

      My own, that is, as I realized that the only thing they could do to improve it for me was to bring back all of my friends and those that have inspired me that have left.

      And I know that is not going to happen.


      I'm so grateful for those of you who are still here!


      Terra
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10373988].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    If I owned the WF, I would only shut it down based on the financial numbers, not what some people on a survey said.
    Signature
    Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
    Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10374046].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
      Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

      If I owned the WF, I would only shut it down based on the financial numbers, not what some people on a survey said.
      Agreed...the survey would help reposition, get some new core values in place, a better "Why"...the forum is floating right now, it doesn't have much personality.

      Strong core values are what keep an organization together. And the scary thing, as academics have found out, is it doesn't much matter what those core values are.

      We members can see some stats, but we don't have all the information.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10374053].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kurt
        Originally Posted by Jason Kanigan View Post

        Agreed...the survey would help reposition, get some new core values in place, a better "Why"...the forum is floating right now, it doesn't have much personality.

        Strong core values are what keep an organization together. And the scary thing, as academics have found out, is it doesn't much matter what those core values are.

        We members can see some stats, but we don't have all the information.
        It kind of reminds me of a popular website I owned back in the 90s. Once section had a lot of complaints and comments saying that I should drop those pages.


        On the other hand, when I'd check the site's stats, that same section got the most page views, by far.


        I quickly learned it's much more important to pay attention to what people actually do than what they say.


        In business, the bottom line is the bottom line.
        Signature
        Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
        Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10374060].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MikeTucker
      Originally Posted by Kurt View Post

      If I owned the WF
      One day I'll buy the WF, and I'll be an absolute tyrant.
      I will start by banning every single member, and you'll all have to prove to me why I should let you back in.

      Claude-- I already have enough vacuum cleaners, so that won't work
      Joe-- I'm already on Reddit, so that won't work
      Kurt-- I don't like sissy sports, from now on it's boxing and MMA only
      MissTerraK-- You must change your username to Ms T-Rex because that's always what I read when I see your name
      yukon-- You must become Suburban
      whateverpedia-- You must capitalize your username
      Princess B-- You will write sentences in English
      Frank D-- You're still here?
      HeySal-- actually you helped me with my dog, nevermind you're back in, but only you

      If your name isn't listed here it's because I've only got 5 more seconds to finish this post, so think of your own demands and tribute.
      Signature

      The bartender says: "We don't serve faster-than-light particles here."

      ...A tachyon enters a bar.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10375856].message }}
      • Originally Posted by MikeTucker View Post

        Princess B-- You will write sentences in English
        Dear Diary,

        My homework assignment for the next few days is terrifying me out of my wits. I have twice broken into a cold sweat, not to mention the jar where I store my chocolate biscuits. It is as if my worst fears have been invited upon me via some unknown intermediary, and I write with some trepidation. There is, I believe, a considerable number of letters I have clipped from my writings and replaced with apostrophes, none of which I am now able to locate, and I am minded to wonder whether I hid them away for a time when such letters would be in short supply, perhaps as a result of a drought of the intellect like Alzheimer's disease or dementia. Did I fear that a memory lapse would rob me of all sensibility? Steal from me these Gs and Ds and render me incapable of being understood by my fellow travellers on this globe of wonder? My heart beats fast, my breath is stolen from me. How I will fulfil my obligations, I know not. Perhaps some idle god will smile upon me, sense my fears and gift me grace of speech. Or I am lost.
        Signature

        Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10375883].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

          Dear Diary,

          My homework assignment for the next few days is terrifying me out of my wits. I have twice broken into a cold sweat, not to mention the jar where I store my chocolate biscuits. It is as if my worst fears have been invited upon me via some unknown intermediary, and I write with some trepidation. There is, I believe, a considerable number of letters I have clipped from my writings and replaced with apostrophes, none of which I am now able to locate, and I am minded to wonder whether I hid them away for a time when such letters would be in short supply, perhaps as a result of a drought of the intellect like Alzheimer's disease or dementia. Did I fear that a memory lapse would rob me of all sensibility? Steal from me these Gs and Ds and render me incapable of being understood by my fellow travelers on this globe of wonder? My heart beats fast, my breath is stolen from me. How I will fulfill my obligations, I know not. Perhaps some idle god will smile upon me, sense my fears and gift me grace of speech. Or I am lost.
          Wow ... just wow. You succumbed to the pressure. Say it isn't so.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10375930].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
            Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

            Wow ... just wow. You succumbed to the pressure. Say it isn't so.
            .... or proved a point?
            Signature

            Selling Ain't for Sissies!
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10375935].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author MikeTucker
            Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

            Wow ... just wow. You succumbed to the pressure. Say it isn't so.
            Nah, she just copied and pasted from somebody's my-diary.org account
            Signature

            The bartender says: "We don't serve faster-than-light particles here."

            ...A tachyon enters a bar.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10376025].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
        Originally Posted by MikeTucker View Post

        One day I'll buy the WF, and I'll be an absolute tyrant.
        I will start by banning every single member, and you'll all have to prove to me why I should let you back in.

        Claude-- I already have enough vacuum cleaners, so that won't work
        Joe-- I'm already on Reddit, so that won't work
        Kurt-- I don't like sissy sports, from now on it's boxing and MMA only
        MissTerraK-- You must change your username to Ms T-Rex because that's always what I read when I see your name
        yukon-- You must become Suburban
        whateverpedia-- You must capitalize your username
        Princess B-- You will write sentences in English
        Frank D-- You're still here?
        HeySal-- actually you helped me with my dog, nevermind you're back in, but only you

        If your name isn't listed here it's because I've only got 5 more seconds to finish this post, so think of your own demands and tribute.
        OMGosh! Are you psychic or something? Tapped into my brain waves?

        Just today (I kid you not) I was so frustrated with the registers at work because they haven't been traded in for new ones since the 80's and run sooo slow, I apologized to a customer at the customer service desk and told her I'm going to have to start telling everyone one I work at Jurassic Park; work on dinosaurs all day! Lol!
        So Ms T-Rex fits perfectly!


        Terra
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10375895].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author whateverpedia
        Originally Posted by MikeTucker View Post

        whateverpedia-- You must capitalize your username
        What, me worry?
        Signature
        Why do garden gnomes smell so bad?
        So that blind people can hate them as well.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10375998].message }}
  • flux is a perpetual inseminatrix of nextest so we all gonna figure on tomorrow I guess or all possibility is slain
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10374284].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    Took It, Why Not.
    These were my suggestions:

    Bring back joining fee to keep out the Rif-Raff / Spammers etc
    Close Old Threads
    Give Newbies their own sub-forum
    Take away sigs or at least ban people who abuse them (No Warning)

    There were a few more, can't remember right now...
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10374296].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DWolfe
      I wrote about bringing back a small basic fee to join. I spent a lot of time saying what I thought needed to be addressed. Here are some of them and left my e-mail account.

      I suggested they should clean up the main forum and get rid of the constant "How do I make X number of dollars the fastest way.


      I suggested they find away to get people to read the rules.

      Another was stop the signature spam.

      The members can not moderate every thread that is nothing more then Spam.

      They should pay attention to when long time members make the same suggestion in the "Suggestion Section" About newbies cluttering up the same page with more of the same garbage and more.

      Freelance walked into a mess, but would be bet they want to clean some of this place up
      to keep people from walking away, and having to answer to their investors.

      The offline forum has been pretty steady, hopefully the trolls wont find it !
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10374400].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author kenmichaels
        Originally Posted by DWolfe View Post

        I wrote about bringing back a small basic fee to join. I spent a lot of time saying what I thought needed to be addressed. Here are some of them and left my e-mail account.

        I suggested they should clean up the main forum and get rid of the constant "How do I make X number of dollars the fastest way.


        I suggested they find away to get people to read the rules.

        Another was stop the signature spam.

        The members can not moderate every thread that is nothing more then Spam.

        They should pay attention to when long time members make the same suggestion in the "Suggestion Section" About newbies cluttering up the same page with more of the same garbage and more.

        Freelance walked into a mess, but would be bet they want to clean some of this place up
        to keep people from walking away, and having to answer to their investors.

        The offline forum has been pretty steady, hopefully the trolls wont find it !
        When ever the link spammers, trolls and pre pitches show up ...
        the long timers over in the offline section come down hard and fast.
        It's probably one of the hardest sections to post BS.
        LOTS of old timers lurk in that section, they just don't post much
        unless something really catches there interest.

        BTW: I mentioned how they kicked out quite a few genuine people in the WSO section
        because of the new rules .... and then ignore those same rules when new people
        post WSO's

        Seriously dumb move and it's prob way to late to fix/recover from ...
        Signature

        Selling Ain't for Sissies!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10374479].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author waterotter
    I took the survey before reading this thread. I didn't pull any punches and said just about everything that's been posted in this thread. I actually was able to take the survey without signing in.

    I was surprised I was able to log in, lol!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10384187].message }}

Trending Topics