27 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Hi All,

Just running a bit of a general poll.

If you had $1 Million to Invest, and only had the following options, where would you invest it?

A) Property
B) Shares
C) Gold
D) Bank Interest

Cheers

Jake
  • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
    No load index mutual fund.
    Signature
    One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr
    "Be Kind, For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Great Battle" John Watson
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11009457].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

      No load index mutual fund.
      I usually choose the BIG load
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012141].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author yukon
        Banned
        Originally Posted by discrat View Post

        I usually choose the BIG load
        That's what he said.
        Signature
        Hi
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012834].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hardraysnight
    wine women and song, not necessarily in that order
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11009652].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author yukon
    Banned
    D) Bank Interest
    Lol.............
    Signature
    Hi
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11009656].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11009664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Red or Black, probably.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11009897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author myob
    Why not do it all? Arbitrage gold spot prices, daytrade penny stocks, buy a condo in the tropics, then park profits at the bank for the next round.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11010306].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by myob View Post

      Why not do it all? Arbitrage gold spot prices, daytrade penny stocks, buy a condo in the tropics, then park profits at the bank for the next round.
      ...And MLM
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012142].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    Digital product development + PPC.
    Signature
    Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
    Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11010309].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DWolfe
    Originally Posted by Jake Howard View Post

    Hi All,

    A) Property
    B) Shares
    C) Gold
    D) Bank Interest

    Cheers

    Jake
    I would cover all the basics. I would by a few rental propertys that cash flowed. Then by a few shares in certain stocks. Would also invest some in Gold. Why not be the banker and buy a few notes or Tax Liens.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11010340].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author whateverpedia
      Originally Posted by DWolfe View Post

      I would cover all the basics. I would by a few rental propertys that cash flowed. Then by a few shares in certain stocks. Would also invest some in Gold. Why not be the banker and buy a few notes or Tax Liens.
      You seem to be stretching your million a long way.

      A FEW rental properties?!?!?! A few?!?!?! With only a million? If you follow the mantra of "location, location, location", you'd be lucky to buy a couple. Even then you'd have no money left over for shares, gold or bank notes. In fact you'd be lucky to not have to shell out a lot more than a million for just a couple.

      However, of course this is just a mental exercise, and you have diversified your portfolio, so at least you got that part right.

      For my money, property investment mean investing in REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts). That way you have none of the headaches or expenses of owning property, just trouser the dividends every quarter. Plus you get diversification within each trust. With a million you could even buy a portfolio of REITs that cover a range of markets, such as retail, commercial, industrial, agricultural, as well as a range of different markets both domestic and international.
      Signature
      BREAKING NEWS From WNN- "Whattys Committee announce - "Coronavirus and Usama dan Riffle be damned! THE SHOW MUST GO ON!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012585].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
    Banned
    Cocaine, hookers and life-extension courses.

    Frank
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11010784].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

      Cocaine, hookers and life-extension courses.

      Frank

      Why does he need extension cords?
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11011740].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
        Banned
        Originally Posted by yukon View Post

        Why does he need extension cords?
        Not sure if your shortcoming is with reading or spelling. Either way, a good line appears to have been wasted on you. :-)

        Frank
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11011765].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author yukon
          Banned
          Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

          Not sure if your shortcoming is with reading or spelling. Either way, a good line appears to have been wasted on you. :-)

          Frank

          So it's an orange extension cord?
          Signature
          Hi
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11011794].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author discrat
      Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

      Cocaine, hookers and penis-extension courses.

      Frank
      Fixed that for you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012143].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    Your inksigns business must be booming....
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11011570].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    1 million to invest ?? Why not ask the guy with 76 shares of APPL
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012145].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

      1 million to invest ?? Why not ask the guy with 76 shares of APPL
      Envy is so unattractive, both of my penis and my portfolio. I realize you don't have much od either. lol

      Did you check that Apple stock price, today? If you turn in all those aluminum cans that you collect, you might be able to score - bigly!

      Frank
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012150].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author discrat
        Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

        Envy is so unattractive, both of my penis and my portfolio. I realize you don't have much od either. lol

        Did you check that Apple stock price, today? If you turn in all those aluminum cans that you collect, you might be able to score - bigly!

        Frank
        Miss Kellyfrank Conway... who said I was referring to you ?? Of course a guilty and insecure person assumes that, right ? :>)

        Was that 76 after it Split ? lol
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012158].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
          Banned
          Originally Posted by discrat View Post

          Miss Kellyfrank Conway... who said I was referring to you ?? Of course a guilty and insecure person assumes that, right ? :>)

          Was that 76 after it Split ? lol
          I know you were referring to me because you used that same lame-assed line before. Pretty bad when you have to get your coaching from Don.

          At some level I think that you believe I give a shit what you think or say. lol

          Back to the roadside with you. Gotta feed those kids and those cans won't police themselves. Sad!

          Frank
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012164].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author discrat
            Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

            I know you were referring to me because you used that same lame-assed line before. Pretty bad when you have to get your coaching from Don.

            At some level I think that you believe I give a shit what you think or say. lol
            I do because if you didn't this would not even have entered your mind let alone warrant a response like this :>)

            Back to the roadside with you. Gotta feed those kids and those cans won't police themselves. Sad!

            Frank
            P.S. Was it Pre Split $152 or not. Just answer the question.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012282].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author innn
    Property
    Property will always be a valuable commodity for a man, and therefore, investment in real estate will always be one of the most reliable options for capital increase.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11012529].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TrickyDick
    Originally Posted by Jake Howard View Post

    Hi All,

    Just running a bit of a general poll.

    If you had $1 Million to Invest, and only had the following options, where would you invest it?

    A) Property
    B) Shares
    C) Gold
    D) Bank Interest

    Cheers

    Jake
    As a public service, I would hire 100 "experts" to answer the "often asked" questions on Warrior Forum.

    How do I invest $1,000?
    How do I invest $3,120?
    How do I invest $4,420?
    How do I invest $5,000?
    How do I invest $5,000,000?
    How do I invest $6,000,000?
    How do I invest $9,000,000?

    ... and so on. They all require unique answers....

    Just for kicks. :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11014164].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DGabeNJ
    Total market index fund and then angel invest in companies that interest me.
    Signature

    HardcoreProfit.com Coach

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11015322].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agc
    50% cash flow producing property
    20% US index shares
    20% EU index shares
    10% EM index shares
    Signature

    One man's terrorist is another man's patriot

    Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground - Frederick Douglas

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11021849].message }}

Trending Topics