92 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Today, I learned that Einstein never wore socks. He once was asked why he never wore socks. He answered the question with an explanation and a question... socks eventually become worn out with holes, so why wear socks?

Makes me ponder why geniuses think the way they do.





Also, he once said he never wore socks at Oxford.


More...
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
    Originally Posted by Jeffery View Post

    He answered the question with an explanation and a question... socks eventually become worn out with holes, so why wear socks?
    Later, of course, these became known as black holes.

    As usual, he was ahead of his time.
    Signature
    TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601723].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
      Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

      Later, of course, these became known as black holes.

      As usual, he was ahead of his time.
      Socrates , another great mind, never wore socks. It may have been part of his name but not part of his philosophy.

      Dan Riffle wears Knee High Socks as he's Knee High to a Grasshopper.

      Claude Whitacre wears Dress Socks often, although it's been pointed out to him many times that they are usually associated with men wearing suits he still insists on wearing them when he puts on a Dress. When he's being a Sugar Daddy he wears Diabetic Socks

      Jeffery wears Loafer Socks. He started wearing them after asking his wife how to do something and she just said: "Use Your Loaf and Pull Your Socks Up".

      Shane wears Yoga Socks because most of his conspiracy theories are a bit of a stretch.

      Kay King lives on a farm so she wears Over The Calf Socks.

      Big Frank wears Support Socks, Apple Support Socks, because he always needs it.

      Discrats real name is Robert, so he wears Bobby Socks
      Signature

      Marriage, For The Best Arguments

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601774].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spartan14
    Well i cannot live without socks .Imagine a winter day going withouts socks or a very sunny day wearing some shoes .I am pretty sure at winter your feet wil get very cold and in the summer will get wet and they will smell your legs if you stay all day without socks .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601731].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I don't live on a farm - but I spend much of my time on a friend's horse farm...and I do wear socks with riding boots....but not with sandals.


    I think if you are a male over 60 and live in Florida you have to wear socks with sandals...it's a law, isn't it?
    Signature
    Due to the current pandemic I will no longer be shaking hands or giving hugs. You may wave, bow to me or give me the finger...your choice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601802].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      I don't live on a farm - but I spend much of my time on a friend's horse farm...and I do wear socks with riding boots....but not with sandals.


      I think if you are a male over 60 and live in Florida you have to wear socks with sandals...it's a law, isn't it?
      That's why I moved to Texas, they don't have such archaic footwear laws. The Fashion Police are more tolerant.
      Signature

      Marriage, For The Best Arguments

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601805].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    For the last couple of years I have barely worn socks BUT with very good reason.

    I have swollen feet and legs so sandals are the only footwear when I go out. At home, it's either bare feet or slip on slippers.
    In the last few weeks I think my feet have lost a little of the fluid as I can wear a pair of slip on shoes but they are the largest I could find in a shoe shop. I can't wear socks as it makes the feet too big again.


    No matter what socks I have, they leave the line around the leg where the sock ends. Yes, I am also talking about diabetic socks.


    As for fashion, I go with the Laurence Fashion. whatever is comfortable, that's what I wear...and it goes for all items of clothing.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Website / Blog for more info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601806].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601838].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
    I used to always wear shoes and socks. In the last several months, I've started wearing sneakers without socks.

    No medical issues. I'm just lazy, and no longer care.

    If I were going to travel, I'd wear shoes and socks.

    In the last several years of his life, Rodney Dangerfield wore his bathrobe...on stage, in his dressing room...greeting visitors. And no underwear. He just didn't care.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601961].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
      Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

      I used to always wear shoes and socks. In the last several months, I've started wearing sneakers without socks.

      No medical issues. I'm just lazy, and no longer care.

      If I were going to travel, I'd wear shoes and socks.

      In the last several years of his life, Rodney Dangerfield wore his bathrobe...on stage, in his dressing room...greeting visitors. And no underwear. He just didn't care.
      "In the last several years of his life, Rodney Dangerfield wore his bathrobe...on stage, in his dressing room...greeting visitors. And no underwear. He just didn't care."

      Goood, Goood, you are moving in the same direction, though I'm not sure if they make bathrobes big enough.

      I'm working from home in my boxers at the moment, I expect my demise is imminent.
      Signature

      Marriage, For The Best Arguments

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601975].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
      Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

      I used to always wear shoes and socks. In the last several months, I've started wearing sneakers without socks.

      No medical issues. I'm just lazy, and no longer care.

      If I were going to travel, I'd wear shoes and socks.

      In the last several years of his life, Rodney Dangerfield wore his bathrobe...on stage, in his dressing room...greeting visitors. And no underwear. He just didn't care.

      In a nutshell you are "almost the genius Einstein was."
      Signature
      W A R N I N G - S P O I L E R - A L E R T
      The Best Source of Free Traffic is in This Very Forum.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601983].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
        Originally Posted by Jeffery View Post

        In a nutshell you are "almost the genius Einstein was."
        Newtonian at best. And I was just being polite.
        Signature

        Marriage, For The Best Arguments

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601984].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
        Originally Posted by Jeffery View Post

        In a nutshell you are "almost the genius Einstein was."
        I don't know which genius had this trait. Maybe it was Einstein....

        But for a few decades I only had white dress shirts and black pants. And I always wore black steel toed shoes.

        I'm not joking. I always wore the same things. To me it was just a matter of being forced by law to wear clothes, and I thought what I wore made me look like a Mormon, which it did.

        Today I wear jeans and a T-Shirt that says "The Sweeper Store". Unless I'm going to a business function, and I'll put on one of my dark grey suits.


        I buy my shoes several pairs at a time. I'll buy 6 shirts at a time, always the same one.
        No idea what that says about me.

        Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post


        Dan Riffle wears Knee High Socks as he's Knee High to a Grasshopper.
        All socks fit like panty hose on Riffle.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11601999].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
          Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

          Today I wear jeans and a T-Shirt that says "The Sweeper Store".
          Practical. Now the police know where to return you when you're found wandering.
          Signature
          TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602440].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    Claude, Nothing wrong with buying multiple of the same garments...or anything else.
    I do the same, partly because it's practical and I don't drive so it reduces the number of taxi trips.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Website / Blog for more info.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602012].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheReedster
    Seems a bit odd.
    I mean, clothes and everything else everywhere gets holes as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602013].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Princess Balestra
    Mosta my socks got holes in the end bcs they not actschwlly socks, they jus' yogah stuffs.

    Gotta figure sumplace else in the Cosmos, a whole buncha squirrels got sum real dinky caps to wear.

    Thing 'bout Einstein's genius is how he kinda sayin' we all nekkid eventually less'n we keep upgradin' the attire.

    Mebbe we should all go bare our butts in the mall as an experiment.

    "Sorry, officer -- I had jeans an' panties once, but they been worn away, particle by particle, by time's relentless erasure ... jus' like Einstein himself said once when he warn't trainin' raccoons to go sleep at his feet."

    Ha!

    Yeah, like that gonna work.

    Fun tho ...
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602015].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
    Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

    Newtonian at best. And I was just being polite.
    Says the man sitting in his boxer shorts involved in a discussion with other men discussing what they wear and don't wear.

    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    I don't know which genius had this trait. Maybe it was Einstein....

    But for a few decades I only had white dress shirts and black pants. And I always wore black steel toed shoes.
    I can relate to white dress shirts and black pants, even the occasional dog leash, but steel toed shoes?

    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    I'm not joking. I always wore the same things. To me it was just a matter of being forced by law to wear clothes, and I thought what I wore made me look like a Mormon, which it did.
    Now your blaming Mormons for looking like a moron?

    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    Today I wear jeans and a T-Shirt that says "The Sweeper Store". Unless I'm going to a business function, and I'll put on one of my dark grey suits.
    Please don't put that thought into my head. What did Dangerfield say about respect?

    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    I buy my shoes several pairs at a time. I'll buy 6 shirts at a time, always the same one.
    No idea what that says about me.
    It says you wear clothes Mon thru Sat and go naked on Sun?

    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    All socks fit like panty hose on Riffle.

    Hmm, Mark posing in his boxer shorts, Visions of Dan in panty hose and Claude wearing steel toed shoes.


    Einstein would wish he had it so good.
    Signature
    W A R N I N G - S P O I L E R - A L E R T
    The Best Source of Free Traffic is in This Very Forum.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602018].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by Jeffery View Post

      steel toed shoes?
      for many years, I wore steel toed black shoes for one reason...I could kick really really hard, and didn't want to break my toes. I'm not joking, that's the reason.



      Originally Posted by Jeffery View Post

      Now your blaming Mormons for looking like a moron?
      No...I wanted to look like a trustworthy moron. It's one reason I combed my hair (when I had it) like John Steed, in the old Avengers TV show. My goal was to appear clean cut, conservative (because I live in a very conservative area) and non-threatening.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602031].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        for many years, I wore steel toed black shoes for one reason...I could kick really really hard, and didn't want to break my toes. I'm not joking, that's the reason.





        No...I wanted to look like a trustworthy moron. It's one reason I combed my hair (when I had it) like John Steed, in the old Avengers TV show. My goal was to appear clean cut, conservative (because I live in a very conservative area) and non-threatening.
        You thought it would give you Emmapeel

        Added: And no one ever knew about the sword in your umbrella
        Signature

        Marriage, For The Best Arguments

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602034].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Princess Balestra
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        No...I wanted to look like a trustworthy moron. It's one reason I combed my hair (when I had it) like John Steed, in the old Avengers TV show. My goal was to appear clean cut, conservative (because I live in a very conservative area) and non-threatening.

        Greased acrobatic terrier flypasts are now available. Perfect for shapin' up unrooly locks!


        Smooths You All Slick.
        Kits You Out Pro.
        Plus Later You Got Friends FOREVER.


        (I know this bcs I got yogah pals with hair problems in sensitive areahs, an' thy dun real good outta the acrobatic terrier deal when they unticked the GREASE option an' paid extra for RAZORS GRIPPED IN TEETH. Soon as lockdown is ovah, I tryin' their DOLLAR DACHSHUND SHAVE deal for my pits. *sob* hey I jus' wanna puppy lick my face rn ... OK?)
        Signature

        Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602204].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    I don't know which genius had this trait. Maybe it was Einstein....

    But for a few decades I only had white dress shirts and black pants. And I always wore black steel toed shoes.

    I'm not joking. I always wore the same things. To me it was just a matter of being forced by law to wear clothes, and I thought what I wore made me look like a Mormon, which it did.

    Today I wear jeans and a T-Shirt that says "The Sweeper Store". Unless I'm going to a business function, and I'll put on one of my dark grey suits.


    I buy my shoes several pairs at a time. I'll buy 6 shirts at a time, always the same one.
    No idea what that says about me.

    All socks fit like panty hose on Riffle.
    I ain't saying, but Einstein was always seen wearing the same suit and jacket, and when asked, "why are you wearing the same clothes, or doesn't the jacket need a steamclean", he answer was, "l have a wardrobe of the same clothes, so l don't have to waste time, thinking about what to wear". (not a direct quote, but close).

    I tend to wear a black T-shirt and jeans,... and socks.


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602058].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monetize
    I usually wear pink crew socks. I like to cream my feet
    before I put them on so that my feet stay soft and smooth.
    I would post all about my footcare routine but I'm sure that
    you guys would get bored by all that girly stuff.

    I'm pretty sure that Einstein had stinky feet wearing shoes
    without socks. They say his brain was deformed, it was
    extra large. They aren't sure whether his larger brain is
    what made him smarter or whether his brain grew larger
    because he had more thoughts.

    Stay safe and take care of yourselves. And your feet.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602066].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by Monetize View Post


      They say his brain was deformed, it was
      extra large. .

      His brain wasn't deformed. It had far more nerve connections than most brains, and the hemispheres were much better connected.

      The question is, did constant intellectual stimulation cause these connections to develop...or was he born that way, and so gravitate to academic subjects? I don't know.

      The part of the brain that creates and understands imaginary three dimensional structures was particularly complex, when compared to other brains of people his age.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602257].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        His brain wasn't deformed. It had far more nerve connections than most brains, and the hemispheres were much better connected.

        The question is, did constant intellectual stimulation cause these connections to develop...or was he born that way, and so gravitate to academic subjects? I don't know.

        The part of the brain that creates and understands imaginary three dimensional structures was particularly complex, when compared to other brains of people his age.
        I would say you would have to be born with most of the structure and thinking capability already in place. Not to say he did not make more connections along the way though.
        Signature

        Marriage, For The Best Arguments

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602260].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Odahh
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        His brain wasn't deformed. It had far more nerve connections than most brains, and the hemispheres were much better connected.

        The question is, did constant intellectual stimulation cause these connections to develop...or was he born that way, and so gravitate to academic subjects? I don't know.

        The part of the brain that creates and understands imaginary three dimensional structures was particularly complex, when compared to other brains of people his age.
        Today he would be diagnosed on the autism spectrum .. but also reading up on him.. he taught himself to play the violin ..and in his 70's before he died could still play motzart and betovaan at an impressive level ..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602266].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        His brain wasn't deformed. It had far more nerve connections than most brains, and the hemispheres were much better connected.

        The question is, did constant intellectual stimulation cause these connections to develop...or was he born that way, and so gravitate to academic subjects? I don't know.

        The part of the brain that creates and understands imaginary three dimensional structures was particularly complex, when compared to other brains of people his age.

        Hannibal would know.



        Signature
        W A R N I N G - S P O I L E R - A L E R T
        The Best Source of Free Traffic is in This Very Forum.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602282].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Monetize
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        His brain wasn't deformed. It had far more nerve connections than most brains, and the hemispheres were much better connected.

        The question is, did constant intellectual stimulation cause these connections to develop...or was he born that way, and so gravitate to academic subjects? I don't know.

        The part of the brain that creates and understands imaginary three dimensional structures was particularly complex, when compared to other brains of people his age.

        Why would you correct what I said. I saw a documentary about
        Einstein a few years ago and that's what I remembered.
        The scientists said he had extra brain lobes.

        Are you a scientist? Get a life.

        https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...t-peoplersquos

        https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2009...insteins-brain
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602392].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author socialentry
          Originally Posted by Monetize View Post

          Why would you correct what I said. I saw a documentary about
          Einstein a few years ago

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602393].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
          Originally Posted by Monetize View Post

          Why would you correct what I said. I saw a documentary about
          Einstein a few years ago and that's what I remembered.
          The scientists said he had extra brain lobes.

          Are you a scientist? Get a life.
          You handled that with maturity and intelligence. Frankly, you own me.

          I feel completely humiliated and dominated. Here I am, trying to sound smart, when you gave me what I seriously needed, a good talking to. Thank you.

          No. He didn't have extra brain lobes. But I'm not a scientist, and you obviously are.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602425].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
            Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

            You handled that with maturity and intelligence. Frankly, you own me.

            I feel completely humiliated and dominated. Here I am, trying to sound smart, when you gave me what I seriously needed, a good talking to. Thank you.

            No. He didn't have extra brain lobes. But I'm not a scientist, and you obviously are.
            He had extra folds though, you know like your midriff.

            "A study of 14 newly discovered photographs of Einstein's brain, which was preserved for study after his death, concludes that the brain was indeed highly unusual in many ways. But researchers still don't know exactly how the brain's extra folds and convolutions translated into Einstein's amazing abilities."

            Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...9ee_story.html
            Signature

            Marriage, For The Best Arguments

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602427].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
              Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

              He had extra folds though, you know like your midriff.

              "A study of 14 newly discovered photographs of Einstein's brain, which was preserved for study after his death, concludes that the brain was indeed highly unusual in many ways. But researchers still don't know exactly how the brain's extra folds and convolutions translated into Einstein's amazing abilities."

              Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...9ee_story.html
              He had minor differences. In fact, most of the differences I read about were nearly non-existent. It wasn't like his brain was twice normal size or anything. It was slightly more neural connections in a few areas of his brain, and a better connection between hemispheres.

              But the average female brain has more neural connections than Einstein's did. It was mostly that he had more glia cells in his brain than normal, which meant more efficient functioning. To the eye, his brain was normal.

              When you see photos of his brain compared to a normal brain, the difference is amplified because they use younger brains to compare. They don't use brains of 76 year old men The only physical difference you can see is a slightly shorter crease in his brain along the parietal lobe. (I can't believe I remember that). All the other differences are near microscopic.

              My new best friend Monetize is right, I need to get a life.

              Added later: I read a book about this years ago, I think the title was Einstein's Brain. His brain was preserved without his family's permission and locked away for more than 20 years. It was then dissected and parts were examined with microscopes, looking for differences.

              I don't now if any photos of his brain, completely intact, exist. In fact, upon the initial examination (I think he died in 1955), they found no differences. The differences came out much later.







              Originally Posted by Monetize View Post

              They aren't sure whether his larger brain is
              what made him smarter or whether his brain grew larger
              because he had more thoughts.
              Obviously the brain grows larger the more thoughts you have. That's why you get headaches when you think too much.

              I'm totally cereal.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602432].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
                Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                He had minor differences. In fact, most of the differences I read about were nearly non-existent. It wasn't like his brain was twice normal size or anything. It was slightly more neural connections in a few areas of his brain, and a better connection between hemispheres.

                But the average female brain has more neural connections than Einstein's did. It was mostly that he had more glia cells in his brain than normal, which meant more efficient functioning. To the eye, his brain was normal.

                When you see photos of his brain compared to a normal brain, the difference is amplified because they use younger brains to compare. They don't use brains of 76 year old men The only physical difference you can see is a slightly shorter crease in his brain along the parietal lobe. (I can't believe I remember that). All the other differences are near microscopic.

                My new best friend Monetize is right, I need to get a life.

                Added later: I read a book about this years ago, I think the title was Einstein's Brain. His brain was preserved without his family's permission and locked away for more than 20 years. It was then dissected and parts were examined with microscopes, looking for differences.

                I don't now if any photos of his brain, completely intact, exist. In fact, upon the initial examination (I think he died in 1955), they found no differences. The differences came out much later.









                Obviously the brain grows larger the more thoughts you have. That's why you get headaches when you think too much.

                I'm totally cereal.
                A Man Of Loose Moral Fibre..I knew I'd get another chance someday
                Signature

                Marriage, For The Best Arguments

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602445].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Princess Balestra
              Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

              He had extra folds though, you know like your midriff.

              Tellya, I would so love a midriff.
              Signature

              Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603219].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Subraa PD
    I never go out without shoe/socks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602072].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
    One Christmas I was given a pair of socks with no holes.

    I couldn't get them on.
    Signature
    TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
    Originally Posted by Jeffery View Post



    Also, he once said he never wore socks at Oxford.

    But he always wore Oxfords.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602255].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
      Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

      But he always wore Oxfords.
      Then He Never Wore Socks In Oxford, In Oxfords
      Signature

      Marriage, For The Best Arguments

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602258].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

    Claude is too stingy to purchase good quality pairs of socks and buys cheap nylons...He's such a Tights Wad
    Nonsense, Claude has informed me, that he currently has a brand new pair of mismatching socks.

    And it took him a good three days of rummaging through second hand bins full of VHS copies of The Matrix and Harry Potter, as well as half opened bags of jelly beans, 10 years past its use by date.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602283].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monetize
    You people are a barrel of laughs.

    Carry on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602711].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by Monetize View Post

      You people are a barrel of laughs.

      Carry on.

      did you just call me a barrel? That's body shaming. My Mother told me that I am a beautiful person. It makes no difference that when I sit down and then stand up...I'm still sitting down.

      And, I could survive a year without eating. So take that, all you young attractive people.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602727].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Monetize
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        did you just call me a barrel? That's body shaming. My Mother told me that I am a beautiful person. It makes no difference that when I sit down and then stand up...I'm still sitting down.

        And, I could survive a year without eating. So take that, all you young attractive people.

        Yes Claude. I'm sure your mother's praises were correct
        and that you are quite beautiful. And there's no doubt that
        all of the ladies think of you as a hunk of burning love.
        Now stop blushing and get back to work.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602731].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        did you just call me a barrel? That's body shaming. My Mother told me that I am a beautiful person. It makes no difference that when I sit down and then stand up...I'm still sitting down.

        And, I could survive a year without eating. So take that, all you young attractive people.
        When Cheryl needs help in making a sale and you are out the back, she actually says to one of her slave assistants: "Roll Out The Barrel" They know what she means.

        When you get piles and go to the doctor, he calls it: "Scraping The Bottom Of The Barrel"

        When you practised Martial Arts and ventured in to Swordsmanship, You were known as a Double Barreled Shogun

        Alright, enough barrel jokes.
        Signature

        Marriage, For The Best Arguments

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602742].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by Monetize View Post

    You people are a barrel of laughs.

    Carry on.
    I strongly agree with Claude, (he paid me the $10 upsell on Fiverr) and stand by him not looking like a barrel, on his good days!

    Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

    When Cheryl needs help in making a sale and you are out the back, she actually says to one of her slave assistants: "Roll Out The Barrel" They know what she means.

    When you get piles and go to the doctor, he calls it: "Scraping The Bottom Of The Barrel"

    When you practised Martial Arts and ventured in to Swordsmanship, You were known as a Double Barreled Shogun

    Alright, enough barrel jokes.
    I don't want to know what a barrel of monkeys means?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602764].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    This place is ruining me - went to the grocery yesterday - saw a fellow wearing shorts, black socks almost to the knee...and sandals.


    Had to force myself to walk away without asking "sir, could I take a picture of your feet for the forum?"...I did not think the question would be well received.... I've noticed now that people are wearing masks - they are not as friendly as without masks.
    Signature
    Due to the current pandemic I will no longer be shaking hands or giving hugs. You may wave, bow to me or give me the finger...your choice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602854].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      This place is ruining me - went to the grocery yesterday - saw a fellow wearing shorts, black socks almost to the knee...and sandals.


      Had to force myself to walk away without asking "sir, could I take a picture of your feet for the forum?"...I did not think the question would be well received.... I've noticed now that people are wearing masks - they are not as friendly as without masks.
      For me, it depends on which "district" of town I shop and what I am shopping for.
      Signature
      W A R N I N G - S P O I L E R - A L E R T
      The Best Source of Free Traffic is in This Very Forum.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602861].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      I've noticed now that people are wearing masks - they are not as friendly as without masks.

      My experience is that they are more polite, but less personal.

      And I noticed a big difference in how customers take my humor now. I wear a mask at work.

      I enjoy playing with customers. It's easy to joke with them. Harmless banter, but they laugh.

      Less so now. I chalk it up to my voice being harder to understand with a mask, and not being able to see my expression.

      Can you imagine watching a comedian if they wore a mask? Even if you are angry or crying, the mask mutes the effect.

      And so we are polite to each other. Sterile...boring...politeness.

      On the plus side, Cheryl is having sex with me every day, as long as I wear a mask. She keeps calling me Paul for some reason, which I find strange.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602892].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        My experience is that they are more polite, but less personal.

        And I noticed a big difference in how customers take my humor now. I wear a mask at work.

        I enjoy playing with customers. It's easy to joke with them. Harmless banter, but they laugh.

        Less so now. I chalk it up to my voice being harder to understand with a mask, and not being able to see my expression.

        Can you imagine watching a comedian if they wore a mask? Even if you are angry or crying, the mask mutes the effect.

        And so we are polite to each other. Sterile...boring...politeness.

        On the plus side, Cheryl is having sex with me every day, as long as I wear a mask. She keeps calling me Paul for some reason, which I find strange.
        She's come a long way since the sack over the head days.

        As to the name, it's just a coded verbalisation of her thoughts on your performance: Appaulling
        Signature

        Marriage, For The Best Arguments

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602899].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
    Originally Posted by Monetize View Post

    Now stop blushing and get back to work.
    Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

    That's not blushing. I have high blood pressure.
    Vacuum Cleaner Salesmen are born with high blood pressure and the first letters they learn in the alphabet are not ABC, it's KFC.
    Signature
    W A R N I N G - S P O I L E R - A L E R T
    The Best Source of Free Traffic is in This Very Forum.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602860].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
      Originally Posted by Jeffery View Post

      Vacuum Cleaner Salesmen are born with high blood pressure and the first letters they learn in the alphabet are not ABC, it's KFC.
      Claude was very good at Spelling Bees. It was the one word he could spell
      Signature

      Marriage, For The Best Arguments

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602871].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Originally Posted by Jeffery View Post

    Vacuum Cleaner Salesmen are born with high blood pressure and the first letters they learn in the alphabet are not ABC, it's KFC.
    Claude may think that he has super powers, but l know his weakness, "Snickers Bar Krispy Kreme donuts", why because l had one recently, (l go to a lot of petrol stations for coffee these days) and am totally hooked on those suckers.

    Probably the most sugar laden, addictive donut that presently exists on our planet, and ideal for present circumstances.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602875].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      they will smell your legs

      They better not - that's rude.


      Socks in the winter for warmth - no socks/sandals in the summer for coolth. That works for me.
      Signature
      Due to the current pandemic I will no longer be shaking hands or giving hugs. You may wave, bow to me or give me the finger...your choice.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603077].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

      Your right: "Do You Wear Socks" as a thread should be approached with a totally serious attitude.

      It takes skill and perseverance to steer it away from it's important questions and turn it into skillful insults.
      Agreed, let's get serious!

      https://youtu.be/q9q5BoEgvUU

      I believe they were looking for socks, but more than that Socks in Knox!

      Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

      I'm with you Sasha! These guys are idiots.
      How dare you call Mark an idiot!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603465].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
        Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

        Agreed, let's get serious!

        https://youtu.be/q9q5BoEgvUU

        I believe they were looking for socks, but more than that Socks in Knox!



        How dare you call Mark an idiot!

        I learned my trade from one of the finest idiots out there.
        Signature

        Marriage, For The Best Arguments

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603466].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
      Originally Posted by SashaLee View Post

      Why is it these threads get derailed on to the path of idocy?

      Cheeers,

      SashaLee
      Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

      I'm with you Sasha! These guys are idiots.
      Who is an idiot and who was joking?

      We are a very close-knit group of friends that look out for each other.

      Just last year some of us made a surprise visit to The Sweeper Store to find Claude laying on the floor, not breathing.

      We called 911.

      Us: "We are at The Sweeper Store and just discovered a man laying on the floor, not breathing and need help."

      911: First, make sure he is really not breathing."

      ~ ~ Sounds of Gun Shots ~ ~

      Us: Yep, he is not breathing.

      The Take Away... That's what friends are for.
      Signature
      W A R N I N G - S P O I L E R - A L E R T
      The Best Source of Free Traffic is in This Very Forum.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603486].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
        Originally Posted by Jeffery View Post

        Who is an idiot and who was joking?

        We are a very close-knit group of friends that look out for each other.

        Just last year some of us made a surprise visit to The Sweeper Store to find Claude laying on the floor, not breathing.

        We called 911.

        Us: "We are at The Sweeper Store and just discovered a man laying on the floor, not breathing and need help."

        911: First, make sure he is really not breathing."

        ~ ~ Sounds of Gun Shots ~ ~

        Us: Yep, he is not breathing.

        The Take Away... That's what friends are for.
        You still need to attend his funeral though, just to be sure.

        When they lower the coffin into the ground and people throw dirt on it, throw rocks in, very heavy ones and lots of them. Not to mention a couple of garlands of garlic and a large heavy silver cross blessed by the local bishop.
        Signature

        Marriage, For The Best Arguments

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603490].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
          Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

          You still need to attend his funeral though, just to be sure.

          When they lower the coffin into the ground and people throw dirt on it, throw rocks in, very heavy ones and lots of them. Not to mention a couple of garlands of garlic and a large heavy silver cross blessed by the local bishop.
          And BBQ sauce.
          Signature
          W A R N I N G - S P O I L E R - A L E R T
          The Best Source of Free Traffic is in This Very Forum.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603496].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
          Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

          You still need to attend his funeral though, just to be sure.

          When they lower the coffin into the ground and people throw dirt on it, throw rocks in, very heavy ones and lots of them. Not to mention a couple of garlands of garlic and a large heavy silver cross blessed by the local bishop.
          I'll be happy if they close the lid first.

          Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

          Some days life is all about controlling your expectations....
          Recently, I asked my wife "Honey, why do you love me?"

          She said "I have learned to control my expectations".

          Honesty, the bedrock of a solid marriage
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603652].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
            Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

            I'll be happy if they close the lid first.



            Recently, I asked my wife "Honey, why do you love me?"

            She said "I have learned to control my expectations".

            Honesty, the bedrock of a solid marriage
            Close the lid? No lid, it will be poured concrete.

            She really said: "I like fat guys with fat wallets"

            Makes you wonder don't it, how much of a woman's commitment to being with someone is about that someone being a good prospect. A man with a thriving business, can look after his spouse, give her a reasonable lifestyle and "Things" etc.
            Signature

            Marriage, For The Best Arguments

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603656].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      Originally Posted by Jeffery View Post

      Who is an idiot and who was joking?

      We are a very close-knit group of friends that look out for each other.
      Sorry Jeffery this is getting off topic, any more attempts at derailing this subject from socks to idiots will result in me bawling my eyes out and having a p....fit to whoever mod l come across, psychotic behavior will come later.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603534].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      get derailed

      When you are in the OFF topic section...and you click on a thread titled 'do you wear socks'....I think it's asking a lot to expect an adult, intelligent conversation...just sayin....


      Some days life is all about controlling your expectations....
      Signature
      Due to the current pandemic I will no longer be shaking hands or giving hugs. You may wave, bow to me or give me the finger...your choice.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603640].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Princess Balestra
        Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

        When you are in the OFF topic section...and you click on a thread titled 'do you wear socks'....I think it's asking a lot to expect an adult, intelligent conversation...just sayin....


        Some days life is all about controlling your expectations....
        We dowin' panties an' bras next?

        All things hosiery demand maxo exposiery.
        uhm, yeah ... less'n they be lingerie.


        Or mebbe we should move on to exoskeletal magnificence that perfectly promotes your brand while simultaneously protectin' you from global warmin' ravages, virus threats in the air, an' random fingahs on your ass in the store?

        Anyways, reason there ain't no ANKLE BULGE FACILITY in most socks is bcs today's fabrics stretch real neat.

        Hey ffs these babies work for ALL 5 TOES.

        Meanwhile, back in the tangible panorama of intimate sulci an' DEATH BY UNRESTRAINED SQUIDO, plenty people actschwlly don't give af 'bout SOCKS.

        They jus' wanna shape out their own spesh kinda dinky.
        Signature

        Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603686].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author whateverpedia
    Hi everyone. It's Paul here.

    Just checking in to see if I had any messages?
    Signature
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in - Greek proverb
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602903].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
      Originally Posted by whateverpedia View Post

      Hi everyone. It's Paul here.

      Just checking in to see if I had any messages?
      You missed out the Ru in your name.
      Signature

      Marriage, For The Best Arguments

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11602906].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author whateverpedia
        Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

        You missed out the Ru in your name.
        I "ru" every day I don't put you on the ignore list.
        Signature
        A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in - Greek proverb
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603673].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author monolayer
    I can't live without socks .Imagine a winter day going withouts socks or an extremely bright day wearing a few shoes .I am almost certain at winter your feet wil get freezing and in the late spring will get wet and they will smell your legs on the off chance that you remain the entire day without socks auto clicker walmart one omegle
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603016].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by monolayer View Post

      I can't live without socks .Imagine a winter day going withouts socks or an extremely bright day wearing a few shoes
      Yes. On bright days I wear a few shoes. My problem was that I only have two feet. Luckily i have a place on my body that I can hang the third one.

      My fingers...I meant my fingers.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603059].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        Yes. On bright days I wear a few shoes. My problem was that I only have two feet. Luckily i have a place on my body that I can hang the third one.

        My fingers...I meant my fingers.
        Reminds me of the song: "Wherever I hang My Hat, That's My Bone"

        You certainly have two feet, left feet.
        Signature

        Marriage, For The Best Arguments

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603222].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603108].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SashaLee
    Why is it these threads get derailed on to the path of idocy?

    Cheeers,

    SashaLee
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603285].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Monetize
      Originally Posted by SashaLee View Post

      Why is it these threads get derailed on to the path of idiocy?

      Cheeers,

      SashaLee

      Because this is an OFF TOPIC forum and so
      people can talk about whatever they want.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603287].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      Originally Posted by SashaLee View Post

      Why is it these threads get derailed on to the path of idocy?

      Cheeers,

      SashaLee
      it is in our contractual agreement, Claude, 6, Catch 22!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603293].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
      Originally Posted by SashaLee View Post

      Why is it these threads get derailed on to the path of idocy?

      Cheeers,

      SashaLee
      Because...

      We're, like,
      really smart...
      very stable
      geniuses.
      Signature
      W A R N I N G - S P O I L E R - A L E R T
      The Best Source of Free Traffic is in This Very Forum.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603319].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
      Originally Posted by SashaLee View Post

      Why is it these threads get derailed on to the path of idocy?

      Cheeers,

      SashaLee
      Your right: "Do You Wear Socks" as a thread should be approached with a totally serious attitude.

      It takes skill and perseverance to steer it away from it's important questions and turn it into skillful insults.
      Signature

      Marriage, For The Best Arguments

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603420].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by SashaLee View Post

      Why is it these threads get derailed on to the path of idocy?

      Cheeers,

      SashaLee
      I'm with you Sasha! These guys are idiots.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603448].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jun Balona
    I wear cotton socks. All the way up to the knee. After rubbing my feet with Vicks Vaporub.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603290].message }}
  • Wearing socks or slippers while at home prevents your feet from being cracked and dry. When you walk around barefoot, your feet become rough and chafed and in time will become dry, which leads to painful cracks.Going sockless can result in conditions such as blisters or sores on the foot. Also, odor can develop if you don't wear socks, since your feet have a lot of sweat glands.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603688].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alan Smola
    Very interesting! Without socks, I think I would ruin my shoes a lot quicker though. I think I will continue to wear them!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11603780].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author manifestsuccess
    Socks are comfy. I need socks. All clothes get worn out eventually. Doesn't mean it's a reason to not wear them....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11607834].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BeneficialFriend
    Socks make feet comfortable especially when you walk most of the time. The only thing I hate about them is washing them. So, I always buy the cheap ones, so no regrets throwing them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11607876].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author woo chin
    genius often does things that are contrary to us, things that we have not thought of yet
    word counter
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11610367].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics