If You Could Be A Fictional Character For One Day.....

36 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Who would you be and what would you do?


I'd like to be the invisible man. You could have a lot of fun messing with people.

....or maybe Batman. As the saying goes: 'Always be yourself - unless you can be Batman, then always be Batman'.
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I don't know. Would love to have super powers but don't want the pressure of having to save people and all that stuff.


    Guess I'd want some sort of protective powers so I could do some of the dangerous things I'd like to do without worrying about getting broken or dead doing them.
    Signature
    Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660051].message }}
  • invisible man is cool
    actually i'd like too and maybe hearing people's thoughts
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660062].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
    Superman.

    I could do a lot of good in a day.

    And then I could spend the rest of my life being amused that the Earth believes that Superman exists.
    Signature
    One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

    "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660064].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      I don't know. Would love to have super powers but don't want the pressure of having to save people and all that stuff.
      No pressure. Be selective. By my reckoning that means the number of people saved on WF could be counted on the fingers of a boxing glove!


      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Guess I'd want some sort of protective powers so I could do some of the dangerous things I'd like to do without worrying about getting broken or dead doing them.
      I'm sure Claude would take you under his Superman cape


      Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post


      I could do a lot of food in a day.

      Fixed that for ya


      Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

      And then I could spend the rest of my life being amused that the Earth believes that Superman exists.
      You've fantasized about Superman for as long as I've known you. Do it, and convince your followers. You know you can get a false six-pack for under the costume. It's the leggings I'd be worried about.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660068].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Princess Balestra
    Coolest thing 'bout fictschnool characters is how they been dowin' the rounds since the dawna time.

    How beyondheresy they be for us to wish to don their costooms!

    An' it is naht how we seek communion with their ass bcs they dispense from above their manifest glories.

    Sum fictschwaahn people so desprit an' lost an' sad, thay smack us hard in the chops with renoowed fusion of hoomanity, hope an' purpose.

    That is why you gotta love fictschwaahn from the bunnies on up.

    Stood on the podium 'longside sposedly Irrefyootable Fact, sumtimes fictschwaahn don't fall down too bad.
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660077].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Monetize
    Definitely Superman. That way I could see all the attractions
    that interest me like the Taj Mahal, the Louvre, Diamond Head,
    Stonehenge, various pyramids and whatever else I see along
    the way. I would need more than a day though, more like three.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660104].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
    An interesting thought experiment about wishing you were Superman..

    Would you end up being Superman, but not having experience using your powers? Would you end up killing thousands of people by sneezing, or flying too fast and creating a vortex (like in The Matrix)?

    Would you still want to be Superman if the rule was, nobody could see you or know you exist?

    Would you want to be Superman if the condition was, you would go back to the age of dinosaurs, and stay there the rest of your life?

    Would you want to be Superman, if you knew that eventually the entire world would try to kill you out of fear and the fact that people died while you were saving large numbers of people?

    Would you want to be Superman if you would have an alien face that frightened everyone? If you would only be 6 inches tall?

    Would you want to be Superman, but you would have to spend all of your life on another planet? (like Venus). And be completely alone?

    Would you want to be Superman if your body radiated energy that would kill anyone within a few feet of you? Or you were so strong that you couldn't touch anyone because you would crush them with the lightest touch?

    Would you want to be Superman, but you could only live for another year? Another day?

    If you had all of Superman's powers, would you tell anyone? Would you try to keep your old identity, or just be Superman all the time?
    Signature
    One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

    "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660227].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

      An interesting thought experiment about wishing you were Superman..

      Would you end up being Superman, but not having experience using your powers? Would you end up killing thousands of people by sneezing, or flying too fast and creating a vortex (like in The Matrix)?

      Would you still want to be Superman if the rule was, nobody could see you or know you exist?

      Would you want to be Superman if the condition was, you would go back to the age of dinosaurs, and stay there the rest of your life?

      Would you want to be Superman, if you knew that eventually the entire world would try to kill you out of fear and the fact that people died while you were saving large numbers of people?

      Would you want to be Superman if you would have an alien face that frightened everyone? If you would only be 6 inches tall?

      Would you want to be Superman, but you would have to spend all of your life on another planet? (like Venus). And be completely alone?

      Would you want to be Superman if your body radiated energy that would kill anyone within a few feet of you? Or you were so strong that you couldn't touch anyone because you would crush them with the lightest touch?

      Would you want to be Superman, but you could only live for another year? Another day?

      If you had all of Superman's powers, would you tell anyone? Would you try to keep your old identity, or just be Superman all the time?

      Did you mistake some hash for a stock cube when you were cooking last night?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660235].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Declan O Flaherty
      Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

      An interesting thought experiment about wishing you were Superman..

      Would you end up being Superman, but not having experience using your powers? Would you end up killing thousands of people by sneezing, or flying too fast and creating a vortex (like in The Matrix)?

      Would you still want to be Superman if the rule was, nobody could see you or know you exist?

      Would you want to be Superman if the condition was, you would go back to the age of dinosaurs, and stay there the rest of your life?

      Would you want to be Superman, if you knew that eventually the entire world would try to kill you out of fear and the fact that people died while you were saving large numbers of people?

      Would you want to be Superman if you would have an alien face that frightened everyone? If you would only be 6 inches tall?

      Would you want to be Superman, but you would have to spend all of your life on another planet? (like Venus). And be completely alone?

      Would you want to be Superman if your body radiated energy that would kill anyone within a few feet of you? Or you were so strong that you couldn't touch anyone because you would crush them with the lightest touch?

      Would you want to be Superman, but you could only live for another year? Another day?

      If you had all of Superman's powers, would you tell anyone? Would you try to keep your old identity, or just be Superman all the time?

      Way to go Claude, you've turned Superman into youcan'thaveyourcakeandeatittooman.


      I think I'd rather be Supergirl now.
      Signature
      If you think young, healthy people should get a vaccine,
      then you're either a criminal, or an idiot.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660264].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    i am a mix of allen from the hangover movies and woody Haralson's character(charlie frost) from 2012 ..the arrogent iddiot and the crazy guy telling the world how the end is here ..

    i'm a fictional character every day
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660231].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

      i'm a fictional character every day
      Aren't we all.

      (By the way, very well said. And you brought Riffle out from under his turtle shell. At least we now know that's he's alive.)
      Signature
      One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

      "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660250].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
    I was the invisible man for one day and was involved in a horrific accident. I was in the ICU unit for weeks.
    Signature

    Marriage, For The Best Arguments

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660314].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Diego Aguirre
      I'm intrigued... go on
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660324].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Odahh
      Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

      I was the invisible man for one day and was involved in a horrific accident. I was in the ICU unit for weeks.
      and sense they had to amputate the left side of your body i bet you tell every you are honestly all right all the time .

      i attended a funeral once ..when i asked why the hole was 20 feet deep ..the guys widow said her husband was a nasty man..but now deep down he will be a great guy ..

      now if i could be a fictional character for a day the rich guy on a nice yacht with 12 beautiful woman in bikinis ..and not have the first one i put my hands on get territorial and kick the other 11 off the boat ..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660486].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author discrat
    Claude ... oh wait he is not fictional ??
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660322].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
      Originally Posted by discrat View Post

      Claude ... oh wait he is not fictional ??

      This is weird. Between the ages of about 15 and 22, I read a series of adventure novels about Doc Savage. He was an adventurer in the 1930s and 40s.

      Of course he was fictional, but I read about 200 of the adventures. I also read the Conan The Barbarian books written by Robert E. Howard, a gifted writer of adventures.

      My Mom threw out the Doc Savage books (about 150 books at the time,) because she was afraid the books promoted devil worship. (based on a couple of the titles) But I bought and built the whole collection back when I left home.

      I've even collected the majority of the original books publishes in the 30s and 40s. Just a sense of nostalgia, I suppose. But I remember escaping into those adventures.
      Signature
      One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

      "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660441].message }}
      • Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post


        My Mom threw out the Doc Savage books (about 150 books at the time,) because she was afraid the books promoted devil worship.
        I think I'm going to cry.


        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post


        But I bought and built the whole collection back when I left home.
        No, no..... I'm alright now.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660488].message }}
      • Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post


        My Mom threw out the Doc Savage books (about 150 books at the time,) because she was afraid the books promoted devil worship. (based on a couple of the titles) But I bought and built the whole collection back when I left home.


        I am sooo glad you nevah turned to devil worship, Claude.

        Can you imagine the negative reviews of One Call Closing if you'd embraced The Dark One?

        "Whitacres book promised revenue in abundance, and on that score, boy did he deliver! My only complaint is that my soul is now his for all eternity."
        Signature

        Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660497].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Odahh
          Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

          I am sooo glad you nevah turned to devil worship, Claude.

          Can you imagine the negative reviews of One Call Closing if you'd embraced The Dark One?

          "Whitacres book promised revenue in abundance, and on that score, boy did he deliver! My only complaint is that my soul is now his for all eternity."
          Claude probably has alters to himself somewhere in his home .. but i tink he reject having followers because no other human can worship him any where near the level he warships himself
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660503].message }}
          • Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

            ... no other human can worship him any where near the level he warships himself

            You sayin' Claude exists only to put himself on a pedestal?

            For sure I would wanna see the ladder.

            Less'n it made outta warships, likely it gonna bend before he scampers up top.

            Course, if'n he trickin' us 'bout the devil worship deal, he prolly had a custom ladder forged in the flames of Tarterus.
            Signature

            Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660514].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author discrat
            Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

            because no other human can worship Claude any where near the level he warships himself
            You don't know the man they call Riffle then
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660534].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
            Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

            but i tink he reject having followers because no other human can worship him any where near the level he warships himself
            Well, he *is* the size of a warship...
            Signature

            If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660536].message }}
            • Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

              Well, he *is* the size of a warship...or two
              Fixed that for ya!
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660537].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
                Originally Posted by Devil Reincarnated View Post

                Fixed that for ya!
                Me? The size of one warship? OK, that's fair.

                But two warships? Now you have gone too far....TOO FAR, I say!
                Signature
                One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

                "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660558].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
                  Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                  Me? The size of one warship? OK, that's fair.

                  But two warships? Now you have gone too far....TOO FAR, I say!
                  Would a single Aircraft Carrier be acceptable?
                  Signature

                  Marriage, For The Best Arguments

                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660566].message }}
                  • Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                    Me? The size of one warship? OK, that's fair.

                    But two warships? Now you have gone too far....TOO FAR, I say!
                    Claude, you are a snowflake.

                    ....and I don't mean this kind of snowflake





                    Originally Posted by lanfear63 View Post

                    Would a single Aircraft Carrier be acceptable?
                    HMS Fearless shows no fear, firing a broadside into Claude's broad side.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660571].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Claude Whitacre
            Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

            Claude probably has alters to himself somewhere in his home .. but i tink he reject having followers because no other human can worship him any where near the level he warships himself
            In our living room we have a giant painting...of me. In that painting, I'm looking at a photo of myself. And in that photo, I'm looking at myself in a mirror.

            Cheryl and I were at an event once, and a lady asked my wife how we got along so well after working together for 30 years.

            Cheryl didn't miss a beat. She said "We're both in love with the same person".


            Me, me, me.
            Signature
            One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

            "Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle".....Ian Maclaren
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660587].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
              Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

              In our living room we have a giant painting...of me. In that painting, I'm looking at a photo of myself. And in that photo, I'm looking at myself in a mirror.

              Cheryl and I were at an event once, and a lady asked my wife how we got along so well after working together for 30 years.

              Cheryl didn't miss a beat. She said "We're both in love with the same person".


              Me, me, me.
              "Cheryl didn't miss a beat. She said "We're both in love with the same person".

              Dan Riffle?
              Signature

              Marriage, For The Best Arguments

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660591].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Melisasmith
    Invisible women.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660384].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author amuniverse
    Jo March, but probably only because that was the first character to pop into my head. I did love reading the book as a young girl, however, and usually like stories with strong, female characters.
    Signature

    Independent contractor teaching online, graphic designer, online marketer

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11660437].message }}
  • Struggling To Fall In Love With Dan Riffle?

    Here's 3 killer pointers to load you up with "Rifflust"

    1) The BEARD
    Everyone loves a beard, right? As a bonus ... he grew it in the right place.

    So what's not to admire?

    2) The SPELLING

    Typos are the #1 way to spot if your Throbster Du Heart is stupid -- and the Danster's take on spelling, grammar and punctuation are sure to disappoint if you're the kind of feisty woman who will settle for a mere imbecile.

    So forget what he says -- look close in on the forensic accuracy of his style!

    Trust me, you will DROOL.

    3) The BOYISH PLUCKINESS

    Face it, nobody loves an expert. We crave the underdog, the passionate battler, the hero capable of making his own sandwiches -- and dictating every aspect of the bread, butter and filling.

    Why, if you're feeling HOT and HUNGRY ... and your local pizza joint has been occupied by climate protestors who got lost looking for the Pentagon ... what more could you ask for than a sandwich aficionado who will gladly slice your choice of loaf, spread the beurre like a pro, and load up the inbetween part with nutricious yumminess?

    For sure, bucks and status matter big time -- but what price raw appeal?


    If you've struggled in the past to fall in love with Dan Riffle

    THINK AGAIN

    "The adrenaline rush of your dissing
    is a TRICKLE vs what you are missing!"
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11661000].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author whateverpedia
      Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

      Struggling To Fall In Love With Dan Riffle?

      Here's 3 killer pointers to load you up with "Rifflust"

      1) The BEARD
      Everyone loves a beard, right? As a bonus ... he grew it in the right place.

      So what's not to admire?

      2) The SPELLING

      Typos are the #1 way to spot if your Throbster Du Heart is stupid -- and the Danster's take on spelling, grammar and punctuation are sure to disappoint if you're the kind of feisty woman who will settle for a mere imbecile.

      So forget what he says -- look close in on the forensic accuracy of his style!

      Trust me, you will DROOL.

      3) The BOYISH PLUCKINESS

      Face it, nobody loves an expert. We crave the underdog, the passionate battler, the hero capable of making his own sandwiches -- and dictating every aspect of the bread, butter and filling.

      Why, if you're feeling HOT and HUNGRY ... and your local pizza joint has been occupied by climate protestors who got lost looking for the Pentagon ... what more could you ask for than a sandwich aficionado who will gladly slice your choice of loaf, spread the beurre like a pro, and load up the inbetween part with nutricious yumminess?

      For sure, bucks and status matter big time -- but what price raw appeal?


      If you've struggled in the past to fall in love with Dan Riffle

      THINK AGAIN

      "The adrenaline rush of your dissing
      is a TRICKLE vs what you are missing!"
      As he comes equipped with his own inbuilt contraception (ie no genitals), I can see the appeal to younger women, but surely the overpowering stench he emits would be a turn off even for those with a completely malfunctioning olfactory system?

      I am profoundly disappointed as well that the "Extra in low budget biker movies" demographic is not to your liking despite this forum's most prominent member of that category being officially designated as a Secks Symbol.
      Signature
      Why do garden gnomes smell so bad?
      So that blind people can hate them as well.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11661012].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author lanfear63
      Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

      Struggling To Fall In Love With Dan Riffle?

      Here's 3 killer pointers to load you up with "Rifflust"

      1) The BEARD
      Everyone loves a beard, right? As a bonus ... he grew it in the right place.

      So what's not to admire?

      2) The SPELLING

      Typos are the #1 way to spot if your Throbster Du Heart is stupid -- and the Danster's take on spelling, grammar and punctuation are sure to disappoint if you're the kind of feisty woman who will settle for a mere imbecile.

      So forget what he says -- look close in on the forensic accuracy of his style!

      Trust me, you will DROOL.

      3) The BOYISH PLUCKINESS

      Face it, nobody loves an expert. We crave the underdog, the passionate battler, the hero capable of making his own sandwiches -- and dictating every aspect of the bread, butter and filling.

      Why, if you're feeling HOT and HUNGRY ... and your local pizza joint has been occupied by climate protestors who got lost looking for the Pentagon ... what more could you ask for than a sandwich aficionado who will gladly slice your choice of loaf, spread the beurre like a pro, and load up the inbetween part with nutricious yumminess?

      For sure, bucks and status matter big time -- but what price raw appeal?


      If you've struggled in the past to fall in love with Dan Riffle

      THINK AGAIN

      "The adrenaline rush of your dissing
      is a TRICKLE vs what you are missing!"
      You forgot to mention: compact size, ideal for a rental.
      Signature

      Marriage, For The Best Arguments

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11661015].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
      Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

      Struggling To Fall In Love With Dan Riffle?

      Here's 3 killer pointers to load you up with "Rifflust"

      1) The BEARD
      Everyone loves a beard, right? As a bonus ... he grew it in the right place.

      So what's not to admire?

      2) The SPELLING

      Typos are the #1 way to spot if your Throbster Du Heart is stupid -- and the Danster's take on spelling, grammar and punctuation are sure to disappoint if you're the kind of feisty woman who will settle for a mere imbecile.

      So forget what he says -- look close in on the forensic accuracy of his style!

      Trust me, you will DROOL.

      3) The BOYISH PLUCKINESS

      Face it, nobody loves an expert. We crave the underdog, the passionate battler, the hero capable of making his own sandwiches -- and dictating every aspect of the bread, butter and filling.

      Why, if you're feeling HOT and HUNGRY ... and your local pizza joint has been occupied by climate protestors who got lost looking for the Pentagon ... what more could you ask for than a sandwich aficionado who will gladly slice your choice of loaf, spread the beurre like a pro, and load up the inbetween part with nutricious yumminess?

      For sure, bucks and status matter big time -- but what price raw appeal?


      If you've struggled in the past to fall in love with Dan Riffle

      THINK AGAIN

      "The adrenaline rush of your dissing
      is a TRICKLE vs what you are missing!"

      I wish there was a "Thanks...I think" button...
      Signature

      If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11661019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Old Molases
    Kratos from The God of War
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11669666].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics