Mac vs PC...What do you think....?

21 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
I moved to the Mac 6 months ago and I have to say its the best thing I ever bought.

Programs like,
- Keynote
- Screenflow
- Garage Band are awesome!!

Is anyone actually still using the 'old' PC anymore?
  • Profile picture of the author KimW
    "Is anyone actually still using the 'old' PC anymore? "

    Are you serious? I really shouldn't read stupid posts like this before I have my morning coffee.
    Signature

    Read A Post.
    Subscribe to a Newsletter
    KimWinfrey.Com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1945064].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author acrasial
      Originally Posted by KimW View Post

      "Is anyone actually still using the 'old' PC anymore? "

      Are you serious? I really shouldn't read stupid posts like this before I have my morning coffee.
      There is a lot of use of the word "stupid" lately, and the allowance of people to get away with calling others and their posts stupid.


      That being said, I used to confuse PC with Desktop, where in I thought that PC was a desktop, until I learned that personal computer was more referencing to something such as a laptop. But to me any computer I owned or used was "personal" anyways, but apparently not.


      But either way, I wouldn't appreciate being told that I was simply stupid for stating that. However, I also would welcome being informed if I am in fact wrong about something I said or think. But at least without being called stupid.


      You took the time to call him stupid, if it was that useless, why did you post? Why even hit the reply button and take the time to type that out? It's your own damn fault your time was wasted then, if you are literally going to throw yourself into what you called a "stupid" post.


      Now while I am seemingly directing this at you, since right here you have used the term "stupid posts", I am in reality directing this at everyone who has been calling others stupid (either directly or indirectly) lately on the forum.


      And also to others who are manufacturing worse insults and are seemingly getting away with it, such as calling someone a "choadhead".


      It's one thing to express that you disagree with an idea, but these kinds of comments are just plain bullying for the sake of being a bully!


      If you disagree, say so. If you want to insult someone's idea with the use of downgrading terms that are DIRECTLY associated with harassment, then take a minute to cool off before you go on a bully rampage.


      That's just my observation of this kind of behavior lately, and sorry Kim that you had to be an example....but it's becoming increasingly more noticeable lately.

      I'm not calling other warriors the devil's advocate, stupid, dumb, chodehead, masochist, b*tch(y), useless, annoying, etc etc etc....


      But I sure see a lot of other folks feeling quite proud to do such to other warriors and think it's ok. It's not. That does not help you express your point too well either, and in fact just makes you look like the very term you have used to describe someone else's post or that person in general.


      And when you do it, you are simply setting that as an example to others in the forum....so that they too think it's ok to do that.
      Signature
      The Wait Is Almost Over...

      Do You SUCK At Writing & Marketing Articles? Just Wait Till You Get Your Hands On My Book! (Coming Soon!)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1946826].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author KimW
        Originally Posted by acrasial View Post

        There is a lot of use of the word "stupid" lately, and the allowance of people to get away with calling others and their posts stupid.

        No one is getting away with anything when they call a post stupid,other than making an opinion known.
        And there is a difference between saying someone is stupid and their post is stupid.


        That being said, I used to confuse PC with Desktop, where in I thought that PC was a desktop, until I learned that personal computer was more referencing to something such as a laptop. But to me any computer I owned or used was "personal" anyways, but apparently not.

        To clarify this section for you, PC does in fact stand for personal computer, whether it be a desktop, laptop netbook, etc etc.


        But either way, I wouldn't appreciate being told that I was simply stupid for stating that. However, I also would welcome being informed if I am in fact wrong about something I said or think. But at least without being called stupid.

        Again, no one called anyone stupid,I called a post stupid.



        You took the time to call him stupid, if it was that useless, why did you post? Why even hit the reply button and take the time to type that out? It's your own damn fault your time was wasted then, if you are literally going to throw yourself into what you called a "stupid" post.

        Why did I post? Because I felt like expressing an opinion. Why did you post?


        Now while I am seemingly directing this at you, since right here you have used the term "stupid posts", I am in reality directing this at everyone who has been calling others stupid (either directly or indirectly) lately on the forum.

        More than likely you are directing mainly at me because a bit ago I said an idea you had was stupid. ( I did not call you stupid though.)
        The idea you had was to force people to use the "Thank You" button.
        I believe many people agreed with me.


        And also to others who are manufacturing worse insults and are seemingly getting away with it, such as calling someone a "choadhead".

        I have to admit, this is a new one. I actually tried to loook up "choadhead" but got no results. Even so, I would not be greatly insulted if someone called me one.


        It's one thing to express that you disagree with an idea, but these kinds of comments are just plain bullying for the sake of being a bully!

        Saying something is stupid now falls into the category of bullying?
        I know you have been raised in a society that is rediculous in being politically correct, but that is really stretching things no matter how you look at it.


        If you disagree, say so. If you want to insult someone's idea with the use of downgrading terms that are DIRECTLY associated with harassment, then take a minute to cool off before you go on a bully rampage.

        And now saying an idea is stupid is not only bullying but harrassment too? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.


        That's just my observation of this kind of behavior lately, and sorry Kim that you had to be an example....but it's becoming increasingly more noticeable lately.

        It's ok, I think I will survive "being an example".

        I'm not calling other warriors the devil's advocate, stupid, dumb, chodehead, masochist, b*tch(y), useless, annoying, etc etc etc....


        But I sure see a lot of other folks feeling quite proud to do such to other warriors and think it's ok. It's not. That does not help you express your point too well either, and in fact just makes you look like the very term you have used to describe someone else's post or that person in general.

        Once again I disagree, there is a difference between an opinion of a post and an opinion of a person. I don't know the OP, but I did have an opinion about the post. And a lot of people new to the forum come in here and make rediculous posts to get their post count up, not knowing that posts in the OT forum don't count.


        And when you do it, you are simply setting that as an example to others in the forum....so that they too think it's ok to do that.

        As someone once said:"Why so serious?"

        (PS: Maybe I should compile a list of frequently asked stupid questions? I just saw another one: "What WSO will make me the most money",and two of my all time favorites are: What is better, mac or pc" and "Whats the best antivirus ")
        Signature

        Read A Post.
        Subscribe to a Newsletter
        KimWinfrey.Com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1959970].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author senderbot
    I have a new PC. Does that count? I don't use an old one :0)

    Cheers
    Max
    Signature
    PornStarStamina is for sale! - Buy the book rights and website! or Just Download the Book For FREE! - Check it out!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1945919].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Wakunahum
      You are still using that old Mac?

      I moved on to Linux.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1946521].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author johnny_h
        Originally Posted by Wakunahum View Post

        You are still using that old Mac?

        I moved on to Linux.
        Totally. Hardware manufacturer doesn't matter... it's that OS that you hated, not anything else.

        Put linux on your old PC and fall in love with it all over again.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1946841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author webinsiders
    Haha I've been a PC user forever since I can remember. But just in the last 2 years have started using an iMac. I have both an iMac (beautiful huge screen) as well as a super powerful quad core Dell XPS with my own large LCD screen hooked up.

    After time I just ended up using my iMac a lot more while my XPS sat collecting dust. I'd only use it to play the odd games online or FPS because I needed something with super graphics and that could run PC games. But for everything else the iMac I just find easier to use for getting on the internet quick and the way OSX is having windows layered ontop of each other it just feels like I can multitask easier and quicker than on a PC which annoys me with all it's reminders and crap (Vista is aweful).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1946771].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Underground SEO
    Still using a pc, tempted by the macs nowadays but I'm sticking with my pc for the time being
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1946981].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mohammad Afaq
    Originally Posted by Nathan2525 View Post

    I moved to the Mac 6 months ago and I have to say its the best thing I ever bought.

    Programs like,
    - Keynote
    - Screenflow
    - Garage Band are awesome!!

    Is anyone actually still using the 'old' PC anymore?
    Hey Don't Call PC Old

    Yes I am using a PC and I really like it. I recently bought a new PC with windows 7 and I have to say that I'm impressed.

    For some reason, I subconsciously hate anything by Apple (iphone and ipod are the exceptions ) so I never get a Mac but a PC.
    Signature

    “The first draft of anything is shit.” ~Ernest Hemingway

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1947569].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author graemewallis
    Banned
    I have a PC. I never even used a MAC before. But I had a friend who use to brag about how the MAC was so much better then a PC.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1947642].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JF911
    Once you go Mac, you never go back. This is from a 15+ years "hardcore" PC user.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1947698].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author KimW
      Originally Posted by robdr1 View Post

      Once you go Mac, you never go back. This is from a 15+ years "hardcore" PC user.
      This is also not true.
      Ive used both.
      Signature

      Read A Post.
      Subscribe to a Newsletter
      KimWinfrey.Com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1948437].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bardman
    harder to get bootleg software for mac.

    pc works just fine - probably because it's become more mac-like anyway.

    i like two buttons on my mouse.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1954139].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Motley
    I dont have a problem with macs really. They are powerful machines, very intuitive and not bad looking. They are a little lax on software in some areas, its hard to find some things due to a couple factors, but overall the machines are pretty decent.

    people always go back and forth about the price and I sat and figured out the price of a comparable PC with a current IMac with the same features and when all is said and done, they are about the same. The only difference is that the mac comes with things you would add on your PC anyway, but with a Mac it comes out of the box that way, and that is how the price is 'higher'.

    The end result of a good user machine would be the configuration the MAC starts out in as far as hardware and software abilities. You can either do it piece by piece with a PC or you can do it all up from with a MAC

    However the mac doesnt give much room to tinker...and that is by far my biggest issue. I like tweaking and tuning for maximum performance..and I know how. For someone that doesnt want or know how, but just wants solid performance everytime they push the button, a Mac isn't a bad choice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1954275].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nathan2525
      Wow this certainly hit a raw nerve with some people.

      There is no right or wrong answer just merely a light hearted discussion.

      @KimW I see why you call yourself 'Cranky old man' Thank you for your opinion.

      @Wakunahum very good. Toché

      @acrasial a fair point. There is no need to be aggressive towards anyone. If you don't like the discussion don't contribute. I was to confused with the term PC, I ended up just going with the flow.

      But seriously my opinion is Apple will be the computer of choice by Internet Marketers. I know many 7 figure business owners who have changed over and now recommend Macs.

      It is the best thing I have bought in the last year. Just try for yourself and see.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1955814].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Motley
    I think the right mac could be good for marketers, like the macs that run intel processors. The reason for this is because you can run windows..and by extension windows apps. There are some programs that will allow you to run Windows apps on the Mac O.S. but many are not 'complete'. And many of the programs that people use in marketing are not ported over to the Mac.

    I think if you were making videos or music, or manipulating images, that Macs are probably a better choice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1955865].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fvrnow
    Still using a pc and wishing and hoping for the day that I can use a mac. Budget constraints thus far.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1958953].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author J Bold
    Don't have a Mac but I want to get one. Problem for internet marketing I see is, you may use a lot of software and tools that only have Windows versions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1958971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ina7
    I chose mac
    mac is very easy to use and I liked it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1959191].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Edk
    I haven't read all the posts on this but thanks for your post. Yes I use a PC. My Mac developed a problem in the power supply and I was then too broke to fix it, then after that too lazy to. It seems like a contradiction to say what I'm going to say now but for me using a Mac would be like I imagine driving a new Lexus would be compared with a second hand car that went OK but I was nervous when it would stop.

    They're Gorgeous machines. Thanks again
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1959343].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GMatthers
    LINUX IS THE BEST EVER i have found after PC
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1959457].message }}

Trending Topics