Which Actors Annoy You Most?

57 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Actors who I find annoying include George Clooney and Tom Cruise. There are many many others.

(I'm probably burning a bridge or two with this)
  • Profile picture of the author seasoned
    If that includes actresses, FRAN DRESCHER! Of course, gilbert gotfried is annoying ALSO!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2516242].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LynnM
      I have too little interest in any of them to get annoyed.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2516285].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
        Originally Posted by LynnM View Post

        I have too little interest in any of them to get annoyed.
        All this celebrity fixation is part of a strategy used as far back as Roman times to divert attention away from important issues. I wouldn't be falling for all that, but I was a formula-fed baby, what can I say.

        Montel Williams was fired shortly after he called the news media out on that:

        Signature

        Project HERE.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2521130].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
          Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post

          All this celebrity fixation is part of a strategy used as far back as Roman times to divert attention away from important issues. I wouldn't be falling for all that, but I was a formula-fed baby, what can I say.

          Montel Williams was fired shortly after he called the news media out on that:

          YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.
          Good for, Montel.

          However, this is a PERFECT example of people pushing their agenda at all costs. Sorry, while I agree with Montel's position, I think he looks like a dope for doing this.

          Let's turn the tables. What if somebody was asked to do an interview about troops dying in Iraq, and then they went on about the death of Heath Ledger.

          That being said, I may not like it when people are always pushing their agenda, but I fully support their right to say what they like.

          All the best,
          Michael
          Signature

          "Ich bin en fuego!"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2521196].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author seasoned
            Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

            Good for, Montel.

            However, this is a PERFECT example of people pushing their agenda at all costs. Sorry, while I agree with Montel's position, I think he looks like a dope for doing this.

            Let's turn the tables. What if somebody was asked to do an interview about troops dying in Iraq, and then they went on about the death of Heath Ledger.

            That being said, I may not like it when people are always pushing their agenda, but I fully support their right to say what they like.

            All the best,
            Michael
            Well, montel IS supposedly an ex millitary guy. He CLAIMED to have top secret clearance, but he didn't know about area 51, and they didn't let him in! 8-) LOL! So I can understand how he might be ESPECIALLY interested in honoring the fallen.

            ALSO, he DOES have a bit of a chip on his shoulder, and is now advertising a "payday loan business". In my day, "payday loan business"es were ILLEGAL, USARY, FELONIES, called LOAN SHARKS, etc.... They shouldn't be allowed to EXIST, much less advertise! And, frankly, I wonder about anyone advertising such SCAMS! It is IRONIC that there may STILL be people in JAIL for having done FAR less. The idea that you can charge 144% or more!

            It is a pity since, as I recall, he had a fairly clean show, spoke well, etc... Certainly better than phil donahue, and a wider demographic than oprah. NOTE, wider demographic does NOT necessarily mean BIGGER. It was just that his audience was probably more diverse.

            Steve
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2522198].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
              Originally Posted by seasoned View Post

              ALSO, he DOES have a bit of a chip on his shoulder, and is now advertising a "payday loan business". <snip>
              That is sad.
              Signature

              Project HERE.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2522312].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
      Originally Posted by seasoned View Post

      If that includes actresses, FRAN DRESCHER! Of course, gilbert gotfried is annoying ALSO!
      Actors and actresses have taken to calling themselves actors, irrespective of gender. I haven't really gotten used to it.
      Signature

      Project HERE.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2516749].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author seasoned
        Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post

        Actors and actresses have taken to calling themselves actors, irrespective of gender. I haven't really gotten used to it.
        Yeah, watch star trek! They call the female officers SIR!!!!!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2517167].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Andie
      Originally Posted by seasoned View Post

      If that includes actresses, FRAN DRESCHER! Of course, gilbert gotfried is annoying ALSO!

      lol steve, she popped into my mind soon as I saw thread title.
      Very few I 'dislike' and she's top of the list and what little I've had to bear, didn't exactly see alot of talent.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2521803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author savingstuffnow
    Reese Witherspoon ..... horrible. Can you name one movie that shes been in and was great or successful? Besides "Cruel Intentions". And BTW George Clooney and Tom Cruise are amazing actors. Georges Clooney - Oceans 11, 12 and 13 = Amazing. Tom Cruise - Rain Man = Amazing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2516384].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ThomM
    Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post

    Actors who I find annoying include George Clooney and Tom Cruise. There are many many others.

    (I'm probably burning a bridge or two with this)
    I'll bring the marshmallows
    Signature

    Life: Nature's way of keeping meat fresh
    Getting old ain't for sissy's
    As you are I was, as I am you will be
    You can't fix stupid, but you can always out smart it.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2516410].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    Susan Seranden (if that's how you spell it). She's an awesome actress but she's a high school grad and has her nose in political issues that she has no clue about. I'm thinking her views are paid for. I don't think she's smart enough to get that much wrong on her own.

    Also - Goldie Hawn --- because she's married to Kurt Russel and that just is no stinking fair.
    Signature

    Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2516481].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
      Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

      <snip>
      Also - Goldie Hawn --- because she's married to Kurt Russel and that just is no stinking fair.
      Their whole family is a pretty non-traditional bunch, if you know what I mean.
      Signature

      Project HERE.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2516774].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author madison_avenue
    I don't like Nicol Williamson much and Tom Courtney is annoying in Billy liar.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2516744].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author glassytaz
    tom cruise is way past his prime. brad pitt / AJ, this is just a few that annoy me greatly.
    Signature

    lost

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2517444].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cosmoslad
    Donal Duck. Can't act, clothes fit poorly, obviously slept his way into his roles.
    Signature

    Confused by all of the SEO advice around? Check out Learn SEO.biz to find out the best tips and tools for a successful SEO plan.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2517876].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
      Originally Posted by cosmoslad View Post

      Donal Duck. Can't act, clothes fit poorly, obviously slept his way into his roles.
      What?! I think Donald Duck was typecast, that's all. Great talent behind those feathers, if subtly conveyed.
      Signature

      Project HERE.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2518385].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kevin Riley
        Mickey Mouse. Can't stand the voice. Makes me want to do obscene things to him with a large radish and a toilet plunger.
        Signature
        Kevin Riley, Kevin Riley Publishing, Osaka, Japan


        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2518962].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author adrianwinston
          Lmao, Oprah.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2519013].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
          Originally Posted by Kevin Riley View Post

          Mickey Mouse. Can't stand the voice. Makes me want to do obscene things to him with a large radish and a toilet plunger.
          He had to put on that voice to compensate for his natural baritone. But, hey, it served as the creative inspiration for the Bee Gee's style of singing.
          Signature

          Project HERE.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2520057].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Pauline60
      Originally Posted by cosmoslad View Post

      Donal Duck. Can't act, clothes fit poorly, obviously slept his way into his roles.
      Is that the Irish version?

      Tom Hanks irritates me cos he always seems to shout. Also I really don't like Jim Carey.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2529289].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Guilfoyle
    Paul Guilfoyle from CSI-he's got my domain name
    Signature

    Easiest, fastest way I know, and working for countless others to create an online income.
    Click Here to Watch Free Video and start learning how to really profit from the internet

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2519017].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author waterotter
    Mel Gibson is starting to annoy the hell outta me. I think it's the voice, all that yelling and screaming. :rolleyes:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2520721].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Amandalocke
    TOM CRUISE........yakhhhhh
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2520816].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Oksa
    I was going to say Reba McEntire, but that would imply she has any acting ability...not to mention singing ability...etc. etc. etc.

    I don't even know if "annoy" is the right word.



    ~Michael
    Signature

    "Ich bin en fuego!"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2521184].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seasoned
      Originally Posted by Michael Oksa View Post

      I was going to say Reba McEntire, but that would imply she has any acting ability...not to mention singing ability...etc. etc. etc.

      I don't even know if "annoy" is the right word.



      ~Michael
      I think she did ok on her own show.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2568142].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author garyv
    Lindsay Lohan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2521210].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author solardave
      Originally Posted by garyv View Post

      Lindsay Lohan
      I thought we were talking about actors?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2579130].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clorets01
    The guy from the lost series, he plays the doctor, also the chick that is with him, also the entire LOST crew
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2521326].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PeterDunin
    Matt Damon & Ben Affleck.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2521619].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sarahberra
    Jim Carey really annoys me. I never thought he was that funny.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2522209].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sydneyblue14
    Which Actors Annoy You Most? is Brad Pit
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2523255].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jake244
    I find a few comediens annoying Bill Mahr for one, the only funny thing about him is the way he looks, and the stewart guy what the heck I thought comediens were suppose to be funny?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2525362].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author reapr
    Fran Drescher, Linsey Lohan, and Glen Beck just to name a few.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2529387].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Serious Workers
    Tom Cruise and...
    Donald duck
    I can't watch them dancing lol ;D
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2530511].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
      Originally Posted by Serious Workers View Post

      Tom Cruise and...
      Donald duck
      I can't watch them dancing lol ;D
      I guess the way I feel is good for Donald Duck! At least he didn't end up roasting on a skewer by the front window of a restaurant like Peking Duck.
      Signature

      Project HERE.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2533775].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Serious Workers
        Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post

        I guess the way I feel is good for Donald Duck! At least he didn't end up roasting on a skewer by the front window of a restaurant like Peking Duck.
        Well, I'll have to agree with you but still he doesn't look too good.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2535042].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author felmstone
      Originally Posted by Serious Workers View Post

      Tom Cruise and...
      Donald duck
      I can't watch them dancing lol ;D

      why donald duck is included? :confused:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2535267].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gary Pettit
    My pet peeves among actors are those whose talents were so promising years ago, and have since turned out poor perfomances (probably due to a bad agent?), and you can no longer trust them to make movies worth paying to see. Examples include: Val Kilmer, Wesley Snipes, and Dennis Hopper. The antithesis of this pattern would be Will Smith, who has become one of the greatest living actors, after yucking it up as rapper-turned-actor Fresh Prince of Bellaire.
    I am also irritated by actors whose work is blatantly agenda-driven: George Clooney and Matt Damon, for example.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2540450].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Aperio
      Originally Posted by sparkie2260 View Post

      My pet peeves among actors are those whose talents were so promising years ago, and have since turned out poor perfomances (probably due to a bad agent?), and you can no longer trust them to make movies worth paying to see. Examples include: Val Kilmer, Wesley Snipes, and Dennis Hopper. The antithesis of this pattern would be Will Smith, who has become one of the greatest living actors, after yucking it up as rapper-turned-actor Fresh Prince of Bellaire.
      I am also irritated by actors whose work is blatantly agenda-driven: George Clooney and Matt Damon, for example.

      Holy cow I think we were separated at birth. I am right on board with your entire line of logic here.. in particular the agenda driven statement... which pretty much boils down to my utter disappointment with the liks of Matt Damon. Wonderfully talented actor, but he can leave his often distorted agenda at home.
      Signature
      Niche Website Packages- Great deals on complete niche website packages. Use coupon code WFDEALS and get an additional discount.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2615350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JB1974
    I'm afraid I'm going to widen this to actresses as well as actors - don't wish to be sexist and leave the women out. It's Julia Roberts by a country mile!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2544229].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
      Originally Posted by JB1974 View Post

      I'm afraid I'm going to widen this to actresses as well as actors - don't wish to be sexist and leave the women out. It's Julia Roberts by a country mile!
      Julia Roberts is an odd cookie. Can't say I have her figured out. I once saw her in a documentary about Mongolian herders, cozying up and hugging one of them at one point as if she had found a long lost brother or father figure or something. I couldn't stand the film Pretty Woman, but can't say I blame her for that since I would have hated that contrived phlegm of a film no matter who was in it, I'm sure.
      Signature

      Project HERE.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2567103].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rich Lowe
    Bruce Willis bugs me.

    Rich
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2567299].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sheryl Polomka
    Mike Myers annoys me - except in Shrek, only movie of his that I'll watch.

    Whoever said Ben Affleck -shame on you, Ben Affleck is HOT!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2567462].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author seasoned
      Originally Posted by Sheryl Polomka View Post

      Mike Myers annoys me - except in Shrek, only movie of his that I'll watch.
      Same here.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2568153].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HorseStall
    This is likely to be an unpopular but I have to say Hugh Grant annoys the heck out of me.

    Aside from that it also annoys me when celebs use their celebrity to pontificate political views, they need to stick to acting. In most cases they are no more educated about political issues than the average person.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2568199].message }}
  • Melanie Griffiths. I can't abide that stupid 'little girlie' voice
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2570050].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nigrilaforever
    Brandon Frazer!! This guy is soo charismatic. Love him
    Signature

    My blog

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2571616].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ketty
    Mr Bean, He annoys me most. I don't like his movies, serials & cartoon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2571839].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JustinDupre
    Ben Affleck is pretty annoying.. Wish i could throw something at him lol jk
    Signature
    I offer CPA coaching and investment opportunities for those SERIOUSLY interested in making money directly or indirectly with affiliate marketing. PM me for details.


    Read More about CPA/Affiliate Marketing on my Blog
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2572084].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sloanjim
    sounds like "gurus bashing" The Q is why do they annoy and make you so angry?

    Was it something to do with your childhood or didn't you get enough attention? :-)
    Signature

    15 Minute Forex Bar Trading System Free at
    http://www.fxscalpingmethod.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2577123].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
      Originally Posted by sloanjim View Post

      sounds like "gurus bashing" The Q is why do they annoy and make you so angry?

      Was it something to do with your childhood or didn't you get enough attention? :-)
      Something like that. Hey, the price of celebrity is to lose privacy and be mocked by public for real or imaginary reasons.

      Guru bashing...well, if someone is playing guru they'll be subjected to scrutiny and might well appear on www.ripoffreport.com, fairly or unfairly. Goes with the territory. Still better than having to make a living tearing down asbestos or something like that.
      Signature

      Project HERE.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2578004].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FatKidLovesCake
    I cannot stand watching that survivor guy on the history channel "Top Shot"

    he annoys me to now end.
    Signature

    no

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2577783].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dagaul101
    Personally they are just actors, and you shouldn't judge them as that in real life, for all you know they are putting on an act 24/7 even in an interview
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[2614870].message }}

Trending Topics