Dontcha hate it when....

25 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
When you get into a heated debate on the forum, then later you find out it was one of your good friends who changed their user name and you didnt realize who you were talking to, then suddenly they are an EX friend?

Otherwise you might have understood their perspective more knowing where they were coming from?

Lol.

Your turn...Dontcha hate it when?

....Guys?

Cricket....
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    It hasn't happened to me, but that would suck. Perhaps in a few days time when cooler heads prevail you can repair the damage.
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4747342].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bravo75
    ... when you are working with someone and you can see the little mistakes they make there and there, not necessarily mistakes buy things you might do a little more efficient... but you don't say anything because you don't want to hurt their professional pride... but as soon as you have the tiniest of mishaps... Bang ... Why don't you do it like this or like that? Come here let me show you, etc. etc...
    Man that pisses me off...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4747414].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Patrician
    I had a friend (RIP) that used to say - "You can't lose what you never had"

    If the person is your friend you should be able to be honest with them -- to say what you did even if you knew it was him/her.

    If you can't have a fight with someone and still maintain your friendship anyway, knowing you both have different 'mindsets' or viewpoints, OH WELL.

    Maybe let some time go by and then just act like it never happened and see where your 'friends' head is at - if he hasn't forgiven you kick him to the curb and call it disperience.

    On the other hand as Bambi's mom said 'if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all' - so whoever you THOUGHT you were talking to -

    ...and 'it is not what you say but how you say it' -

    Maybe you will get a another chance to communicate with this one and next time you will handle it differently. oh boy i am full of sayings tonight: 'be careful how you treat people on your way up because you may be seeing them on the way down sometime'. So maybe you will make friends with this guy you argued with.

    I can't tell you how many friends I have made AFTER having a conflict. Conflict resolution and Disaster recovery. It's all a fine art.



    Sheeza Pit Bull
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4747711].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      I hate it when the peanut butter sticks to the roof of my mouth.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4748368].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dave Patterson
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        I hate it when the peanut butter sticks to the roof of my mouth.
        I add just a touch of maple syrup from these guys...Beaver Pond Farm, Newport, NH :: the freshest and the best!...to take care of that little problem! (No monetary compensation....just know'em and love'em to pieces...)
        Signature
        Professional Googler
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4748444].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author John Durham
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        I hate it when the peanut butter sticks to the roof of my mouth.

        Ah, someone gets it!

        So did bravo! Good one Steve. I hate that too.

        HOw about this "P"- "Be careful who's boots you step on today, cuz they might be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow"! lol That wasnt the point of the thread... but good lesson, very valuable truths, I will take them to heart..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4749100].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
          Originally Posted by John Durham View Post

          Ah, someone gets it!

          So did bravo! Good one Steve. I hate that too.

          HOw about this "P"- "Be careful who's boots you step on today, cuz they might be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow"! lol That wasnt the point of the thread... but good lesson, very valuable truths, I will take them to heart..
          And to think I "rescued" your thread from half-way down the front page because no one had replied. Gave ya some sympathy and everything. And it was just a set up all along, so...


          Dontcha hate it when you're the dumbest guy in the room.
          Signature

          Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4753212].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author John Durham
            Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

            And to think I "rescued" your thread from half-way down the front page because no one had replied. Gave ya some sympathy and everything. And it was just a set up all along, so...


            Dontcha hate it when you're the dumbest guy in the room.
            Nope. I'd capitalize on it, brand myself and say "Im the dumb guy, if I can do it ANYONE can - Buy my report for how dumb people can make a living on the internet". Lol
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4786674].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
              Originally Posted by John Durham View Post

              Nope. I'd capitalize on it, brand myself and say "Im the dumb guy, if I can do it ANYONE can - Buy my report for how dumb people can make a living on the internet". Lol
              ...except I was too dumb to do even that.
              Signature

              Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4786727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Charlotte Jay
    ....when I forget to fill up with gas the night before, am running late in the morning and I need to drive uphill. Turn, turn, turn (you'd better start!)

    Or my personal favorite. I hate when I realise that I am actually related to my mother. Some of the stuff that comes out her mouth has my jaw on the floor.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4749114].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Durham
      Originally Posted by Charlotte Jay View Post

      ....when I forget to fill up with gas the night before, am running late in the morning and I need to drive uphill. Turn, turn, turn (you'd better start!)

      Or my personal favorite. I hate when I realise that I am actually related to my mother. Some of the stuff that comes out her mouth has my jaw on the floor.

      ROTFLMAO!

      I like the "when I have to go uphill part..." that will get you everytime. Doesnt seem fair cuz there IS some gas right...its just that darn hill!

      Dontcha hate it when...

      You are looking for something that you need like crazy... you lose something like your drivers license, and you look for it for an hour and cant find it....so you go all out and give up, and go down and apply for another one, have to stand in line for two hours making you late for something else.... and then as soon as you get home with your new license you see your license sitting somewhere that was so obvious you could kick yourself?

      OH well, I guess I have two now.... Thats special!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4749168].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lori Kelly
    I hear from an old friend, we start chatting away, talking about the good ol' days and then they ask me for money.
    Signature
    Learn Website Tips, How to Do Keyword Research, & How to Write Killer Content.
    Stop Wasting Time.
    Start Living Your Dream.
    Click Here NOW to Get Your Hands on
    One of the Most Valuable Ebooks Ever!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4749144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Charlotte Jay
    So true! I've had to do that with my DL. Fortunately the great state of Mass now lets us renew and get duplicates at the AAA branch. I was in and out within 3 minutes. The world must be ending or something
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4749206].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
    I aim not to argue with anyone. (Friend or not.) Because even when you "win" you actually lose because you've just potentially turned someone into an "enemy" (even if your forum friends agree with you).
    Signature
    "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4749630].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jaxxxon
    I hate it when I gotta go pee in the middle of my morning jog... I hate it when I go to the movies and everyone in front of me brought their bright-ass cellphones and have to text throughout the show... I hate asking for refunds, so I double-hate when I have to justify keeping every WSO I've ever purchased so far (with the exception of 2) with the flimsy excuse of, "well, at least I learned SOMETHING"...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4749782].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Durham
      Originally Posted by Jaxxxon View Post

      "well, at least I learned SOMETHING"...
      Pretty cheap way to learn "something" though.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4750201].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lori Kelly
    ... the person in the express checkout at the grocery store has a cartload of groceries.

    ... I'm wrong.
    Signature
    Learn Website Tips, How to Do Keyword Research, & How to Write Killer Content.
    Stop Wasting Time.
    Start Living Your Dream.
    Click Here NOW to Get Your Hands on
    One of the Most Valuable Ebooks Ever!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4749817].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jun Balona
    ....when I've got diarrhea and I'm outside....and there is no public toilet in sight.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4750616].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dave Patterson
      Originally Posted by Jun Balona View Post

      ....when I've got diarrhea and I'm outside....and there is no public toilet in sight.
      @John....now see where we're going here?
      Signature
      Professional Googler
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4750629].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author John Durham
        Originally Posted by Dave Patterson View Post

        @John....now see where we're going here?
        To the toilet?

        Maybe the premise of encouraging people to talk about what they hate isnt so good huh?

        Lol.

        I agree though Jun, that sucks bigtime. You win... Reminds me of one time I was standing in a wal mart bathroom and some guy ran in moaning and holding his stomach....and lets say uh... he didnt make it on time. lol Wasnt pretty, especially for him or the clean up crew. I felt terrible for him, almost went and got him some clothes so he wouldnt be trapped in the bathroom but one of his friends came in...this guy just didnt know what to do, he couldnt walk back out... He was a mess... a BIG one.

        A grown man practically crying... I would too!

        Originally Posted by Jun Balona View Post

        Now I'm embarrassed because I posted that. LOL.
        Dont be, we love you Jun. The reason its funny is because we are all human and can relate.

        I laughed my rear end off at a post awhile back where a warrior said he got so many good ideas sitting on the toilet that sometimes he sits there till his legs go numb ! ROTFLMAO!!!!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4750665].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jun Balona
          I laughed my rear end off at a post awhile back where a warrior said he got so many good ideas sitting on the toilet that sometimes he sits there till his legs go numb ! ROTFLMAO!!!!
          LOL. He must be sitting there with his laptop on his lap. No wonder he got numb legs.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4751494].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jun Balona
    Now I'm embarrassed because I posted that. LOL.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4750657].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jun Balona
    Thanks for that sir. Feel sorry for that guy who didn't make it in time.

    Anyway when I was just 12 or 13 I remembered reading an article in the local tabloids here that said about some guy who bought a priceless drawing of Leonardo Da Vinci, took some clay and literally erased it (he said he need only the paper, not the drawing).

    I hope that it's not true but that kinda sucks.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4750952].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ibnujusup
    when i coincidentally fart on public.... hahaha. rally embarrass
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4750956].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kurt
    I've found the following sums up a lot of life's situations:

    Dontcha hate it when....Your _____ gets stuck in _____ .
    Signature
    Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
    Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[4787272].message }}

Trending Topics