The Warriorforum Confessional Thread

30 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Father,

I confess that back in the days of yore, I used to turn my Clickbank commission level down to 0% at times to steal full sales sent from my hard-working affiliates. I ask for your forgiveness despite the fact I've yet to pay penance.


------

Your turn. Come clean about something you've been holding on to for a while.
#confessional #thread #warriorforum
  • Profile picture of the author nicholasb
    I confess that if I could get away without paying taxes I wouldn't pay taxes.

    I'm scared of jail so I actually probably over pay on my taxes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5091542].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    I confess that I am actually a 16 year old girl and my name is Wilma.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5092285].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MattVit
      I expect there'll be a lot of replies here. Many people entering this industry are promised all sorts of 'get rich quick' schemes and of course none work. People begin to get desperate and start doing things that are blak hat or other.

      I don't have anything to confess. Really. Everything I do is legitimate; I have no reason not to be legitimate. The only eBooks I write are about valuable things people don't know of. The only non-eBook WSOs I create provide real value, ie rare domain names.

      So I have nothing to confess. I deliver my buyers honest value, whether it's on this forum or clients in my business. I just have never thought about doing it any other way - it's not sustainable, it's greedy, selfish and plain stupid.

      Hope that doesn't deter anyone from confessing, though.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5092410].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author John Durham
    Not much of a confession without using your real name though...

    I confess, I once tripped a little ole lady walking across the street , but it was only to see if her help button thing would really bring emergency assistance!

    I was thinking about buying one for a friend....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5093062].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      I confess that I only got into IM because I lost my job. Had I not, no way in
      hell would I have ever done this. The industry is corrupt as hell, people are
      rude, and everybody wants to learn how to make a million bucks for $19.99.

      Screw that!

      And THAT is why I am semi retired, only doing enough to keep me in Magic
      Cards without having to look to my wife for a handout.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5093609].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Roaddog
      Originally Posted by John Durham View Post

      Not much of a confession without using your real name though...

      I confess, I once tripped a little ole lady walking across the street , but it was only to see if her help button thing would really bring emergency assistance!

      I was thinking about buying one for a friend....

      Sooo...JD, what where the results of your field testing?






      I confess I need a lot more space than this....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5094431].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author John Durham
        Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post

        Sooo...JD, what where the results of your field testing?






        I confess I need a lot more space than this....

        I dont know, the cops got there before the ambulance... and I.... Well, lets say "vacated" the scene. All I remember is her yelling "Stop that man, stop that man", but they thought she was pointing to someone of a lighter skin color... and they chose him instead of me to chase... Darn racists! I guess I was discriminated against, but this was one time it didn't bother me.

        Luckily she was half blind too and confirmed that he was the guy.


        Oh the yarns we spin.... Did I tell you about back in 1908 when I....?

        Awe forget it, you're probably too young to relate.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5094691].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bravo75
    I confess that I am extremely anti Islam.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5094708].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author John Durham
      Originally Posted by bravo75 View Post

      I confess that I am extremely anti Islam.
      Spank yourself 45 times with a bull whip! Then you are forgiven....

      Thats what I heard anyway.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5094755].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agonce
      Originally Posted by bravo75 View Post

      I confess that I am extremely anti Islam.
      too bad for you. You should understand that not all Islam people are terrorists and blow bombs all over the place. You also need to know that all these campaigns of terror are ORGANIZED by different organizations/countries who directly influence most of the actions taken.

      Now if you could give me a few reasons why you are extremely anti Islam, that'd be good.
      I am not saying that all those terror acts are a good thing, not at all! But take a look at the bigger picture - who actually has created this - or why this is even happening - and when I say created , I might actually be wrong because the problem itself existed in the past but instead of someone helping it to recover, they just worsened it.

      Yes, I am not pro Islam either but to say this on an open forum is not the best thing to do considering that many people will find this offensive even though its only your personal opinion.

      oh well, i better get back to doing some work now
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5098813].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MattVit
      Originally Posted by bravo75 View Post

      I confess that I am extremely anti Islam.
      Originally Posted by agonce View Post

      too bad for you. You should understand that not all Islam people are terrorists and blow bombs all over the place. You also need to know that all these campaigns of terror are ORGANIZED by different organizations/countries who directly influence most of the actions taken.

      Now if you could give me a few reasons why you are extremely anti Islam, that'd be good.
      I am not saying that all those terror acts are a good thing, not at all! But take a look at the bigger picture - who actually has created this - or why this is even happening - and when I say created , I might actually be wrong because the problem itself existed in the past but instead of someone helping it to recover, they just worsened it.

      Yes, I am not pro Islam either but to say this on an open forum is not the best thing to do considering that many people will find this offensive even though its only your personal opinion.

      oh well, i better get back to doing some work now
      He probably knows all this. You can be anti-Islam for many other reasons than a few bad eggs being terrorists.

      Just an FYI, Christians (AKA Americans) have now officially murdered more civilians than in ANY war (even excluding deaths during wars). Tell me who the real terrorists are.


      Finally I noticed Bravo75 is from the UK and you're from the US, so please don't lecture him about Islam because they are in Europe where they have SO MANY MORE issues with Islam than the USA will EVER have (for example, how many places in the US are dealing with the risk of Sharia law coming into effect???)

      Anyway, consider that my confession, that I am anti-American-Foreign-Government-Policy! (but certainly not anti-American... because anyone who is anti-against an entire group of people is a complete idiot).

      Soooo where were we...
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5110932].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mattlaclear
        Originally Posted by MattVit View Post

        Anyway, consider that my confession, that I am anti-American-Foreign-Government-Policy! (but certainly not anti-American... because anyone who is anti-against an entire group of people is a complete idiot).

        Soooo where were we...
        I confess that I wish we had back every nickel we have loaned out to the rest of the world in foreign aid when they were in trouble. Except we didn't loan it out. We gave it freely.
        Signature

        When it comes to SEO, there are zero dumb questions. Find the answers you need in our SEO FAQ section. If I don't address your question there, send me a pm and I'll answer it that way.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5110990].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MattVit
          Originally Posted by mattlaclear View Post

          I confess that I wish we had back every nickel we have loaned out to the rest of the world in foreign aid when they were in trouble. Except we didn't loan it out. We gave it freely.
          I confess that I agree with you and I absolutely hate how other governments/countries turn on America without considering how much America has done for them. Iraq and Afghanistan, I think, are much more stable countries than ever before thanks to America but they will forever hate the US for it. Sort of like when I and most other teenagers grew up - we hated our parents at times but didn't realize what they did for us and how lucky we were until we grew up.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5111065].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Kurt
            Originally Posted by Dennis Gaskill View Post

            I'll bet there really isn't a herd of white horses behind you either.
            Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

            Awww!

            Do I have to confess that too? :p

            Terra

            I confess. I photoshopped the horns off the unicorns behind Terra in her picture.

            I also confess...I'm looking forward to the release of the new Muppets movie.
            Signature
            Discover the fastest and easiest ways to create your own valuable products.
            Tons of FREE Public Domain content you can use to make your own content, PLR, digital and POD products.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5111106].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hardraysnight
    i confess i am leasing, not buying, the boat for my summer holiday, with due aplogies to cliff richard
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5096170].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
      Originally Posted by WillR View Post

      I confess that I am actually a 16 year old girl and my name is Wilma.
      Well that explains a LOT. I'm not sure what it explains, but still...


      I confess I'm not going to confess anything to an anonymous forum poster. Oh wait, I will confess one more thing . . . I confess I'd probably not be inclined to trust the OP after his confession about cheating affiliates. :p
      Signature

      Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5099066].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DianaHeuser
    I confess that I spend way too much time on the forum when I should be working.

    Would the whipping work for me too John?



    Di
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5099146].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
      I confess that the pink hat I'm wearing in my avatar is fake!

      Terra
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5109664].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
        Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

        I confess that the pink hat I'm wearing in my avatar is fake!

        Terra
        I'll bet there really isn't a herd of white horses behind you either.
        Signature

        Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5109996].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
          Awww!

          Do I have to confess that too? :p

          Terra
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5110021].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    I confess that I did eat the last packet of TIM TAMS (and may I burn in hell) and will if the wife finds this lol

    Jason
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5110534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mattlaclear
    I confess to having to spend four days in jail for owing child support in the mid nineties. It was the best long weekend of my life actually. It gave me the kick in the rear I evidently needed.
    Signature

    When it comes to SEO, there are zero dumb questions. Find the answers you need in our SEO FAQ section. If I don't address your question there, send me a pm and I'll answer it that way.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5110979].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dagaul101
    Those Clickbank commissions can make affiliates do some regrettable things
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5112151].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wirelessgeek
    I confess that I've posted ads for my website on Craigslist because I don't have the advertising budget I would like to have. (Gee, I feel poor. Please contribute to the WirelessGeek Advertising Fund.)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5116704].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author thunderbird
      Originally Posted by wirelessgeek View Post

      I confess that I've posted ads for my website on Craigslist because I don't have the advertising budget I would like to have. (Gee, I feel poor. Please contribute to the WirelessGeek Advertising Fund.)
      News Flash: Big corporations have long used inexpensive guerrilla marketing techniques. They're effective. Sometimes a lack of funds can be a blessing in disguise -- it forces more creativity.
      Signature

      Project HERE.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5116739].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Karen Blundell
        I confess that I'm really a Canadian spy sent to this forum for the sole purpose of finding disillusioned Americans to smuggle into Canada for cheap labor.
        Signature
        ---------------
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5116778].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TravellingMissie
    I have 2 confessions:

    I confess that I sometimes just tell people I make money online and leave them to decide what it is I do - I sometimes drop in a clients name (yes currently they are all male).........

    I confess that I really don't like it when a thread turns political and serious when it starts out fun and enjoyable.
    Signature
    ICF Accredited Life Coach
    Health & Wellness Consultant

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[5131597].message }}

Trending Topics