IS this true about women?

38 replies
  • OFF TOPIC
  • |
Is it true that

- Women fall for bad guys
- Women don't value a simple guy if he tells her that she's important?


I am forced to think that it is true..


Your experience?
  • Profile picture of the author Dan Riffle
    You're going after the wrong women.
    Signature

    If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7315205].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rain21
      Originally Posted by Dan Riffle View Post

      You're going after the wrong women.
      exactly.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7315215].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author philip221
        No its not true. The reason people say this is because a lot of times guys act nice because they are afraid of conflict/lack personality/or are weak. Women are afraid of this because they are like snakes in the grass....

        If you show the woman you are intelligent or funny or confident, or whatever virtue you have early on, then doesn't hurt to show them you are nice too. Some women only date bad boys but even then there are points when you have to be nice and caring.

        I think the main thing women dont like is when guys acting nice and telling them what they want to hear.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7315284].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author taskemann
    Watch "Married...with Children" and hear what Al has to say about it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7315408].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author yukon
      Banned
      Originally Posted by taskemann View Post

      Watch "Married...with Children" an hear what Al has to say about it.

      Best answer.
      Signature
      Hi
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7345736].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Braybrooke
    The bad boys are the only good boys!
    Signature
    "The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage." - Mark Russell
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7325050].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jtchaschowy
      Originally Posted by David Braybrooke View Post

      The bad boys are the only good boys!
      Exactly. Goody two shoes will often lead a very boring existence. I know personally, a 100% straight arrow female would bore the crap out of me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7332176].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ToryBorysewicz
      Banned
      LOL from a woman's perspective, I couldn't agree more
      Originally Posted by David Braybrooke View Post

      The bad boys are the only good boys!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7385742].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Horny Devil
    Banned
    Originally Posted by priyankeshu View Post


    Women don't value a simple guy if he tells her that she's important . .

    Of course they do, Homer Simpson is a simple guy.

    Just make sure you wine and dine them occasionally . . . .


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7325131].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Josh Monroe
    What OP said, is true (to some extent) for younger women.

    When your young, most people aren't looking to settle down straight away, and the bad boy gives the girl some excitement.

    However, later on when the girl grows up, THEN they start chasing the 'good guy'. You know, the nice guy, who treats them well, is stable etc.

    Usually the 'bad girl syndrome' happens late in school and throughout college, around the age of 28 thats when most girls change, and need structure and stability so they start going after the good guys.

    My response is very general of course, and not all women are like this, but thats what I gathered from my observations
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7332280].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RyanEagle
    All women are different. Sure, some women fall for the wrong people, but plenty don't. Everyone is different.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7333497].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Ten
    I think that it is true that we should most often not make broad generalizations in our minds and then accept them as fact.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7333518].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
    I spent 4 years in the seduction community, have read every book that exists on sexual evolution & biology (favorite being sperm wars). I've even read books/research on the mating rituals of octopus, fish, and various land animals. Why? Well for one, I have my degree in psychology, I'm naturally interested in this stuff.

    Number 2, I was a virgin for far too many years of my early life. And I decided I couldn't keep going on with my life, being deprived of the 1 thing I cared about most, as a young man.... which was sex.

    To keep things short. I have learned A LOT. I also studied NLP (still do) which is a great field to learn if you want to become competent with women & communication in general.

    So let me put it like this, women are NOT attracted to "bad men". This is a huge myth. Its also a huge generalization. Women are attracted A LOT to "social status". Its been like that for thousands of years. Even in our tribal days, there was always 1 man who led the tribe, got all the women, and the only way the beta males got laid, was by being friends with the alpa male.

    You still see this same pattern these days. 5% of men are having more sex than they know how to handle, and 95% of men typically have negative things to say about their sex lives. Even men who are married. All these men have specific schemas for women, and have been conditioned to be attracted to a certain type of woman. Which is mostly relevant to their culture, biology and evolution. The ironic thing is, a lot of these men do NOT marry the women who fit into these schemas.

    Same goes for women. Society/biology conditions women to be attracted to very specific traits. Women tend to go after tall men, it makes them feel safe. So if you're short, you usually need to compensate with other things. Social skills can be one of those things. Women also like men who are charismatic. But what they're REALLY attracted to, are adaptable men. Men who know how to both impose and overcome boundaries.

    I tend to believe, that women derive A LOT of sexual pleasure by putting up walls of resistance (boundaries), and having a man OVERCOME that resistance. This is the most primitive way that a woman can test a mans "sexual fitness". And there is a science to overcoming these boundaries (developed by the seduction community). It does NOT involve acting like a douchebag. It involves a specific type of social intelligence, that conveys social status.

    Here is another thing that really gets women going. Body language! Its probably one of the most important aspects of social intelligence, but most men have no idea how to use their body language the right way. In fact, have you ever met a man that has sex with a lot of women but SEEMS really quiet? If you watch these guys, you will notice they are experts at bodylanguage. Thats why when I'm trying to get a woman interested, I often focus MORE on my bodylanguage, then the words that come out of my mouth.

    Things like:

    Tone of voice - (hi/nervous vs low/relaxed)

    Volume of voice - (always better to speak a little bit louder than the woman when you first meet her. Then as sexual interest peaks, you can lower the volume that you speak with)

    Pacing of speech - (fast/nervous vs slow/relaxed)

    Fidgeting - (cut it all out, its the womans job to fidget. when she plays with her hair, this is usually a sign of interest.)

    Eye contact - (never evade eye contact, always hold eye contact longer than the woman does, when she looks away you immediately do the same thing, and do not reengage untill you see her looking at you again from your peripheral vision. Then you repeat the process, dominate with holding eye contact longer than she does, break eye contact the second she looks away)

    Angle of body - In the begining of an interaction, always tilt your body away from the woman. You ONLY FACE HER WHEN she earns approval or qualifies herself to you. By agreeing with things you say or conveying interest. When she does this, square up with her, when she does something bad, punish her with your body language. Tilt your body away, look away from her, etc. All these super subtle behavoirs convey social status to women.

    Body movements - If the woman reaches out to hand you something, move slowly. Don't overcompensate by rushing yourself. Again, this sounds like an asshole thing to do, but it displays social status. Women HATE men who overcompensate. And there are MILLIONS of ways the men overcompensate to women.

    Supplication - Women hate men who supplicate. Again, things like buying drinks. If the womans a stranger... why buy her anything? You don't know her! ONLY BUY THINGS for them when they *earn* it. All these guys buying their GF's rings when they act like spoiled bitches.... you are REWARDING NEGATIVE BEHAVOIR. Its like giving a dog a bone after it shits on the floor.

    You should NEVER buy gifts frequently. Plus a gift is such a superficial way to show respect to someone. Do something original that takes some actual thought and time. And do these things RANDOMLY when she LEAST EXPECTS IT.

    I can go on forever with this stuff.

    But when you really break most of it down, it comes to a dynamic of "punish vs reward". It is THAT precise dynamic that conditions any type of animal. And when you master this dynamic, it conveys HUGE social status.

    It is the ONLY way that a man can assert his boundaries and earn respect at the same time. Attractive women get away with A LOT of nonsense because they have something most men want. So ironically, these same types of women are attracted to men who DO NOT GIVE them what they want. These men ONLY GIVE these attractive women what THEY EARN.

    This is why, every single time a woman has asked me to buy her a drink, I have turned her down immediately. Other times, I have asked the waiter for a glass of water. Then the second he puts it down, I drink it for myself & start laughing.

    AGAIN, average men would consider this an "asshole" move, but I can tell you from experience, women DO NOT respect men who supplicate to them. And they WILL TRY to get free things from guys, with NO intentions of sex, just to feed their own twisted egos.

    Not to mention, that teasing a woman creates huge sexual interest. For example. Last time I did this at a bar, the girl got REALLY pissed off after I drank her water. So I immediately got up and went to the dance floor, then found a better looking girl to dance with. I locked eye contact, grabbed her hand, and pulled her onto the floor. I didn't even give her a chance to pull away lol. Women like this stuff. But you also need to have the intelligence to read their body language and know what they DON'T like. If she's pulling back away as she's laughing/smiling, she's testing you. Don't let her go. If her facial expression conveys genuine anger, let go. But most women LOVE to be led by an assertive man.

    So 5 minutes later, the girl who's water I drank, runs up to the dance floor and steals my hat, then runs to the bathroom and tries to hide. Like we're playing hide & seek or something. I KNEW I had created huge sexual interest by putting up boundaries that quickly. What did I do? I walked right into the womans bathroom, ripped my hat out of her hands, went back to the dance floor and resumed dancing. This time holding my hat as I'm dancing with the same girl. Now I have the girl on the dance floor attracted to me.

    The entire night this other girl was acting like a 5 year old, which I thought was really pathetic. It just goes to show that attractive women are use to getting WHAT THEY WANT. First she asks me for a drink, I switch the frame on her, then she gets mad and regresses to the emotions of a child. Doesn't even take a minute to consider the fact that men aren't atm's with dicks. When women do this type of stuff, you can NEVER give in to them no matter how hot they are.

    Anyway, the end of the night comes, and this girl approaches me outside as I'm leaving and apologizes! At which point I rewarded her by complimenting her fiestiness. I thought about getting her #, then quickly realized my penis was about to sabatoge things. That would be far too much of a "reward" after how badly she acted. And no amount of apologizing could change the fact that this girl was an outright spoiled bitch.

    Again, this has NOTHING to do with acting like an "asshole". But everything to do with the fact that men are conditioned to act like doormats in the presence of an attractive woman. I've seen it my entire life. In a certain regard, acting like an "ass" can be the biggest favor you do for a woman. And that I consider pretty damn noble.

    -Red
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7333688].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RichBeck
      Red,

      You are spot on....... What you write reminds me of Corey Wayne's book.... How To Be A 3% ManHow To Be A 3% Man

      Oh, yeah..... I was "helping" a young lad with his situation a few years ago.... I loaned him the book.

      One of his female friends found it.... Started reading... and said, "This will NEVER work."

      He told me this... I told him to forget what she said... and follow the book.

      Funny thing is..... He used the exact tactic she said would never work on a couple of girls...

      Guess what? It worked!

      Take Care,

      Rich Beck


      Originally Posted by RedShifted View Post

      I spent 4 years in the seduction community, have read every book that exists on sexual evolution & biology (favorite being sperm wars). I've even read books/research on the mating rituals of octopus, fish, and various land animals. Why? Well for one, I have my degree in psychology, I'm naturally interested in this stuff.

      Number 2, I was a virgin for far too many years of my early life. And I decided I couldn't keep going on with my life, being deprived of the 1 thing I cared about most, as a young man.... which was sex.

      To keep things short. I have learned A LOT. I also studied NLP (still do) which is a great field to learn if you want to become competent with women & communication in general.

      So let me put it like this, women are NOT attracted to "bad men". This is a huge myth. Its also a huge generalization. Women are attracted A LOT to "social status". Its been like that for thousands of years. Even in our tribal days, there was always 1 man who led the tribe, got all the women, and the only way the beta males got laid, was by being friends with the alpa male.

      You still see this same pattern these days. 5% of men are having more sex than they know how to handle, and 95% of men typically have negative things to say about their sex lives. Even men who are married. All these men have specific schemas for women, and have been conditioned to be attracted to a certain type of woman. Which is mostly relevant to their culture, biology and evolution. The ironic thing is, a lot of these men do NOT marry the women who fit into these schemas.

      Same goes for women. Society/biology conditions women to be attracted to very specific traits. Women tend to go after tall men, it makes them feel safe. So if you're short, you usually need to compensate with other things. Social skills can be one of those things. Women also like men who are charismatic. But what they're REALLY attracted to, are adaptable men. Men who know how to both impose and overcome boundaries.

      I tend to believe, that women derive A LOT of sexual pleasure by putting up walls of resistance (boundaries), and having a man OVERCOME that resistance. This is the most primitive way that a woman can test a mans "sexual fitness". And there is a science to overcoming these boundaries (developed by the seduction community). It does NOT involve acting like a douchebag. It involves a specific type of social intelligence, that conveys social status.

      Here is another thing that really gets women going. Body language! Its probably one of the most important aspects of social intelligence, but most men have no idea how to use their body language the right way. In fact, have you ever met a man that has sex with a lot of women but SEEMS really quiet? If you watch these guys, you will notice they are experts at bodylanguage. Thats why when I'm trying to get a woman interested, I often focus MORE on my bodylanguage, then the words that come out of my mouth.

      Things like:

      Tone of voice - (hi/nervous vs low/relaxed)

      Volume of voice - (always better to speak a little bit louder than the woman when you first meet her. Then as sexual interest peaks, you can lower the volume that you speak with)

      Pacing of speech - (fast/nervous vs slow/relaxed)

      Fidgeting - (cut it all out, its the womans job to fidget. when she plays with her hair, this is usually a sign of interest.)

      Eye contact - (never evade eye contact, always hold eye contact longer than the woman does, when she looks away you immediately do the same thing, and do not reengage untill you see her looking at you again from your peripheral vision. Then you repeat the process, dominate with holding eye contact longer than she does, break eye contact the second she looks away)

      Angle of body - In the begining of an interaction, always tilt your body away from the woman. You ONLY FACE HER WHEN she earns approval or qualifies herself to you. By agreeing with things you say or conveying interest. When she does this, square up with her, when she does something bad, punish her with your body language. Tilt your body away, look away from her, etc. All these super subtle behavoirs convey social status to women.

      Body movements - If the woman reaches out to hand you something, move slowly. Don't overcompensate by rushing yourself. Again, this sounds like an asshole thing to do, but it displays social status. Women HATE men who overcompensate. And there are MILLIONS of ways the men overcompensate to women.

      Supplication - Women hate men who supplicate. Again, things like buying drinks. If the womans a stranger... why buy her anything? You don't know her! ONLY BUY THINGS for them when they *earn* it. All these guys buying their GF's rings when they act like spoiled bitches.... you are REWARDING NEGATIVE BEHAVOIR. Its like giving a dog a bone after it shits on the floor.

      You should NEVER buy gifts frequently. Plus a gift is such a superficial way to show respect to someone. Do something original that takes some actual thought and time. And do these things RANDOMLY when she LEAST EXPECTS IT.

      I can go on forever with this stuff.

      But when you really break most of it down, it comes to a dynamic of "punish vs reward". It is THAT precise dynamic that conditions any type of animal. And when you master this dynamic, it conveys HUGE social status.

      It is the ONLY way that a man can assert his boundaries and earn respect at the same time. Attractive women get away with A LOT of nonsense because they have something most men want. So ironically, these same types of women are attracted to men who DO NOT GIVE them what they want. These men ONLY GIVE these attractive women what THEY EARN.

      This is why, every single time a woman has asked me to buy her a drink, I have turned her down immediately. Other times, I have asked the waiter for a glass of water. Then the second he puts it down, I drink it for myself & start laughing.

      AGAIN, average men would consider this an "asshole" move, but I can tell you from experience, women DO NOT respect men who supplicate to them. And they WILL TRY to get free things from guys, with NO intentions of sex, just to feed their own twisted egos.

      Not to mention, that teasing a woman creates huge sexual interest. For example. Last time I did this at a bar, the girl got REALLY pissed off after I drank her water. So I immediately got up and went to the dance floor, then found a better looking girl to dance with. I locked eye contact, grabbed her hand, and pulled her onto the floor. I didn't even give her a chance to pull away lol. Women like this stuff. But you also need to have the intelligence to read their body language and know what they DON'T like. If she's pulling back away as she's laughing/smiling, she's testing you. Don't let her go. If her facial expression conveys genuine anger, let go. But most women LOVE to be led by an assertive man.

      So 5 minutes later, the girl who's water I drank, runs up to the dance floor and steals my hat, then runs to the bathroom and tries to hide. Like we're playing hide & seek or something. I KNEW I had created huge sexual interest by putting up boundaries that quickly. What did I do? I walked right into the womans bathroom, ripped my hat out of her hands, went back to the dance floor and resumed dancing. This time holding my hat as I'm dancing with the same girl. Now I have the girl on the dance floor attracted to me.

      The entire night this other girl was acting like a 5 year old, which I thought was really pathetic. It just goes to show that attractive women are use to getting WHAT THEY WANT. First she asks me for a drink, I switch the frame on her, then she gets mad and regresses to the emotions of a child. Doesn't even take a minute to consider the fact that men aren't atm's with dicks. When women do this type of stuff, you can NEVER give in to them no matter how hot they are.

      Anyway, the end of the night comes, and this girl approaches me outside as I'm leaving and apologizes! At which point I rewarded her by complimenting her fiestiness. I thought about getting her #, then quickly realized my penis was about to sabatoge things. That would be far too much of a "reward" after how badly she acted. And no amount of apologizing could change the fact that this girl was an outright spoiled bitch.

      Again, this has NOTHING to do with acting like an "asshole". But everything to do with the fact that men are conditioned to act like doormats in the presence of an attractive woman. I've seen it my entire life. In a certain regard, acting like an "ass" can be the biggest favor you do for a woman. And that I consider pretty damn noble.

      -Red
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7362876].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    There is nothing in this universe that is true of all women's preferences. We are simply just people. This kind of "all women" "all men" kind of thought irks the crap out of me.
    Signature

    Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7334082].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
      Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

      There is nothing in this universe that is true of all women's preferences. We are simply just people. This kind of "all women" "all men" kind of thought irks the crap out of me.
      Ryan Eagle was the only one to use the phrase "all women".
      And all he said was "all women are different".

      On the other hand, you are entitled to your opinion as a woman.
      I am similarly entitled to my opinion as a man, who has delt with many women in the course of my life.. and will continue to do so.

      Its my opinion, that women, like men, have far more similarities than they do differences. They all eat, they all drink, they all shit, most have jobs, most worry about family, relationships, money, the way they look... and most like to have sex.

      Most women are attracted to similar traits in men. You can deny this all day long, it still doesn't change the years of research that have been conducted on mate selection & human behavoir. Also, if you have any faith in marketing, you naturally assume that people have a lot of similarities.

      Otherwise... how would we know what makes a good headline?
      How would big pharma know how to sell billions of dollars worth of drugs every year? Because they don't realize that everyone wants to be happy?

      Because they don't understand that people have natural, common fears, that can be utilized to sell them more garbage?

      Do most women not value a strong, successful, assertive man?
      Do most women value a man who acts like a doormat?

      Do most women value a man with no ambition?

      Once again, I never said "all women". But to deny that women share a lot of commonalities.... thats what "irks" me. Men all have penis's, women all have vagina's... to assume that we don't have biological predispositions to certain traits... is just ludicrous.

      I'm sure most men don't like boobs.
      I'm sure most men don't give a damn what a womans ass looks like.
      I'm sure most men want an insecure woman who nags them all day long.

      Sure we all need some type of identity, sure we all need to feel original, sure we all need to feel understood and like we're being heard... but does that REALLY represent differences... or similarities?

      If you ask me, its the latter.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7334745].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author HeySal
        Originally Posted by RedShifted View Post

        Ryan Eagle was the only one to use the phrase "all women".
        And all he said was "all women are different".

        On the other hand, you are entitled to your opinion as a woman.
        I am similarly entitled to my opinion as a man, who has delt with many women in the course of my life.. and will continue to do so.

        Its my opinion, that women, like men, have far more similarities than they do differences. They all eat, they all drink, they all shit, most have jobs, most worry about family, relationships, money, the way they look... and most like to have sex.

        Most women are attracted to similar traits in men. You can deny this all day long, it still doesn't change the years of research that have been conducted on mate selection & human behavoir. Also, if you have any faith in marketing, you naturally assume that people have a lot of similarities.

        Otherwise... how would we know what makes a good headline?
        How would big pharma know how to sell billions of dollars worth of drugs every year? Because they don't realize that everyone wants to be happy?

        Because they don't understand that people have natural, common fears, that can be utilized to sell them more garbage?

        Do most women not value a strong, successful, assertive man?
        Do most women value a man who acts like a doormat?

        Do most women value a man with no ambition?

        Once again, I never said "all women". But to deny that women share a lot of commonalities.... thats what "irks" me. Men all have penis's, women all have vagina's... to assume that we don't have biological predispositions to certain traits... is just ludicrous.

        I'm sure most men don't like boobs.
        I'm sure most men don't give a damn what a womans ass looks like.
        I'm sure most men want an insecure woman who nags them all day long.

        Sure we all need some type of identity, sure we all need to feel original, sure we all need to feel understood and like we're being heard... but does that REALLY represent differences... or similarities?

        If you ask me, its the latter.
        Okay - socio/psycho-linguistic majors love to argue with NLP enthusiasts.
        Using the noun with no precedent qualifier sets implied inclusiveness. So saying "women" is, in effect, the same as saying "all". It will, in some enlightened cases, be watered down to "most" or "in general".

        It is true that a society has standards of beauty - and one, symmetric features, actually is a global preference. I know both women and men who prefer obese partners. Would I? Not a chance. In early cultures most did - it was a sign of stability in a dangerous world. So society does play a part in our attractions. Do not mistake there is a difference between physical and mental attractions, however. There's a lot more going on with our mental choices than just sensory appeal.

        Do women like bad boys? Some. Do women like strong men? Some. How about the Intelligent achiever? Some. Pansy ass that can be kicked around? Some.
        There are all sorts of reasons we make the personality choices we do. The only ones that seem to be close to universal (and even these don't go there) are integrity, honesty, loyalty - because people usually want to know where they stand. Even then, there are those with not enough self esteem to handle someone with a strong grip on the world or themselves.

        I was long thought to love the bad boys. People finally figured out that I wanted only stable men - but men interested in earth science and the outdoors - educated explorers. The women who like actually "bad boys" may be bored - but those men are not always the key to thrills and excitement. I've a friend that actually finds accountants exciting. Go figure.

        All I was saying - is that when it comes to preferences for guys - there's about 7 billion people on earth - half that are men. There is a female out there for almost every one of them, no matter what they are like. I find it sad when men ask questions about what women like or want. Be yourself. Someone wants you. Maybe you won't get swarmed - but it only takes the right one to be happy about a relationship.
        Signature

        Sal
        When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
        Beyond the Path

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7336292].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author RedShifted
          Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

          Okay - socio/psycho-linguistic majors love to argue with NLP enthusiasts.
          Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

          Using the noun with no precedent qualifier sets implied inclusiveness. So saying "women" is, in effect, the same as saying "all". It will, in some enlightened cases, be watered down to "most" or "in general".

          It is true that a society has standards of beauty - and one, symmetric features, actually is a global preference. I know both women and men who prefer obese partners. Would I? Not a chance. In early cultures most did - it was a sign of stability in a dangerous world. So society does play a part in our attractions. Do not mistake there is a difference between physical and mental attractions, however. There's a lot more going on with our mental choices than just sensory appeal.

          Do women like bad boys? Some. Do women like strong men? Some. How about the Intelligent achiever? Some. Pansy ass that can be kicked around? Some.
          There are all sorts of reasons we make the personality choices we do. The only ones that seem to be close to universal (and even these don't go there) are integrity, honesty, loyalty - because people usually want to know where they stand. Even then, there are those with not enough self esteem to handle someone with a strong grip on the world or themselves.

          I was long thought to love the bad boys. People finally figured out that I wanted only stable men - but men interested in earth science and the outdoors - educated explorers. The women who like actually "bad boys" may be bored - but those men are not always the key to thrills and excitement. I've a friend that actually finds accountants exciting. Go figure.

          All I was saying - is that when it comes to preferences for guys - there's about 7 billion people on earth - half that are men. There is a female out there for almost every one of them, no matter what they are like. I find it sad when men ask questions about what women like or want. Be yourself. Someone wants you. Maybe you won't get swarmed - but it only takes the right one to be happy about a relationship.
          Congratulations! You just made more assumptions than I did.

          First, I am NOT an "NLP enthusiast".
          Second, here's some real arrogance for you. But it doesn't matter what YOU think a woman likes. In fact, if you want to get real about this… when is the last time YOU tried to seduce a woman?

          Oh wait… you ARE a woman.

          So let's ask logic a question instead of me or you. And for now, lets just assume that niether one of us know a thing about women.

          There are 2 people: Bob & Susan

          1) Bob has approached and tried to seduce, thousands of women in the course of 4 years. Bob use to be a member of a lair, with other men highly interested in psychology, social dynamics & engineering. And all those men did was study women, as in their >>BEHAVOIRS/RESPONSE<< and NOT what comes out of their mouth. They did this in REAL LIFE. What Bob & the group found. Was women shared MANY similar responses to certain behavoirs, made by men … that could be repeated and improved upon. And ironically enough, every single guy who came into that group learned how to seduce women. The ones who stuck around the longest, had an impeccable response over time.

          Bob & the members of the group also realized one thing. That women are a horrible source of information, when you're a MAN trying to learn how to seduce them. Why? This should go without being said, but it’s a womans JOB to turn down sex. If an attractive woman wasted all her time having sex with ALL THE MEN who WANTED SEX WITH HER, she woudn't have a minute in her day to do anything.

          These types of women (young, attractive women) are being approached directly or indirectly all day long. So they become tactical liars. Getting advice on a forum is a similar waste of time. Why? Because Bob is speaking in a specific context of attractive, American women, between the ages of 21-30 years old. The group that is "highest in demand". And just by admitting facts like these, you will see older, 40 year old women coming in to harass Bob and give him a hard time.

          But Bob is smart, and Bob has learned to ignore those women.

          2) Now You have Susan.

          Susan is a woman. She represents your average female forum member. When asked, there is NO WAY she could ever tell you how to seduce a woman. Why?

          Because she's never tried before. Susan is a woman.

          Susan has a group of friends, who talk about men, but most of those women aren't mens "target population". So it doesn't matter what they say.

          Even if they are mens target population, there is NO WAY that they could systematically teach you anything about seducing women. Because they have been socialized to be naturally resistant to most men. And breaking that social conditioning is not happening in the course of a few minutes. Don't get me wrong, Susans friends WILL try to help Bob. But Susan's friends will lead Bob in a horrible direction saying things like:

          "Women love when you buy them stuff!! Hehehe"
          "Women need a well mannered man, who can put up with our shit".
          "They need a guy who knows what he wants". (Never has Bob even known what that means, when normal people are ALWAYS changing their goals and adapting to life circumstances… thus changing their desires. Although the one thing that never changes, people desire the emotions that experience provides them.)

          That’s not to say that Susans friends won't give you a few good pointers. But you can expect 1/4 of everything they say (its usually less), to be some vague representation of what women ACTUALLY care about.

          Like when women say:

          "We need a confident man". Its pretty important to define what confident means. Confidence is a very isolated thing. For a person to have confidence in everything, is damn near impossible. So vague answers like that, tend to mean nothing. Although a social engineer might extract "confidence" as "social confidence". And lets face it, men who are very socially confident, tend to do pretty well with women.

          THE POINT BEING. If you were a man, who would you rather ask for advice? Bob or Susan? Someone who has devoted his life to understanding women, because he has a strong biological drive for doing so… or a woman, which unless a lesbian, has no strong reason for understanding women? Doesn't mean they can't understand themselves, but understanding widespread patterns of a target population that most women aren't even apart of? I don't buy it.

          I never once stated that these techniques work on all women. But they sure as hell work better than anything I know, on the one group that is highest in demand.

          And seriously, look at one of the justifications we have already gotten from a woman in this thread:

          Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

          All I was saying - is that when it comes to preferences for guys - there's about 7 billion people on earth - half that are men. There is a female out there for almost every one of them, no matter what they are like.


          I'm glad you said "almost every". But when more than half of men still haven't found the "female out there for them" that doesn't sound like "almost every". Line up 3.5 billion men for me right now, and I'll easily find 1.9 billion men who still haven't found that special someone.

          The rate of marriage is down; the rate of divorce, up. The number of marriages for every 1,000 women dropped 43% between 1960 and 1996, while the rate of divorce more than doubled in the same time period, according to a report published last year by the National Marriage Project, a research and education initiative at Rutgers University in New Jersey.

          Out of 100 million American adults, 59% of men and 55% of women have never walked down the aisle. And guess what? Statistics are telling us that those numbers are only getting worse. So what are we to assume? That there are less people just getting married?
          And that we still have hope to find our soulmates? (lol)

          If you ask me, the worse our economy gets, and the more dependent we become on technology, the LESS of a chance we have of finding the one who is meant for us. Because technology is now making us think, "Maybe that person is right for you? Orrr no, wait… maybe its this person over here?". GOD, there are ALL THESE PEOPLE in the world!!! How many do I have to go through to find "the one" who is meant for me?!
          The answer is, people don't have soul mates.
          People as a whole need to become less fearful of intimacy. Less fearful of our futures. We need to learn the opposite of what society is teaching us, that its ok to be HAPPY, with someone who is not your soul mate. We need to realize that the more "control" that technology gives us, the LESS control we're going to feel over our lives. Its only natural, and we need to be aware of this. The more dependent you become on anything, the less independent you will feel, that’s how life works.

          Become dependent on dating sites to meet people, you'll feel less independent in real life in terms of meeting people. No longer do you have simple profiles to categorize people, but you learn that humans are very complex, emotional creatures. So the best way to learn about them, is OFF the computer.

          Anyway, I have ranted far too much here. People know my beliefs on dating & sex. Disagree with me all you'd like. I don't honestly care... because I'm just "arrogant" afterall. I prefer to draw patterns from holistic view points and see how those patterns apply in REAL LIFE. Thats really arrogant, gzzz. I prefer to use systemic logic, rather than the outdated, sequential logic of the "information age". And no matter how many people are in this world, we will still share A LOT of the same problems, A LOT of the same desires, no matter how you look at it. We are all different, which makes us all the same. Women will still be highly seducable, men will still be teaching other men how to seduce women, men will learn, and thats never going to change. Just another harmful side effect of the male ego and sex drive I suppose.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7343233].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author brittlesnc
            Originally Posted by RedShifted View Post


            2) Now You have Susan.

            Susan is a woman. She represents your average female forum member. When asked, there is NO WAY she could ever tell you how to seduce a woman. Why?

            Because she's never tried before. Susan is a woman.
            Susan might not have tried to seduce a woman but some other women like myself have and have been seduced by other women lol :p I'm bisexual by the way .

            Don't know how what you said would apply to gays, lesbians, and bisexuals but I do agree for the most part about NLP...just wonder how NLP would work on the male species because you hear a lot about how men use it to their advantage but not so much how women use it to theirs...

            I guess in general men find the topic more interesting than women for obvious reasons :rolleyes: lol.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7349151].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author RichBeck
            Red,

            I agree... The dating sites can become an issue when trying to find "the one."

            I have found some people become "love junkies"......

            They get hooked on the high of meeting new people, getting to know them, going through the courting, etc. As soon as the "shine" wears off, they are on to the next "new" person.

            I have also seen SBS (Shiny Ball Syndrome)..... Where people always think something "better" is just around the corner. They never give relationships a chance to grow. They usually end up alone... and frustrated.

            I know this is focused on relationships and not PUA....... But, your observation about technology getting in the way is right...

            Take Care,

            Rich Beck
            Originally Posted by RedShifted View Post

            If you ask me, the worse our economy gets, and the more dependent we become on technology, the LESS of a chance we have of finding the one who is meant for us. Because technology is now making us think, "Maybe that person is right for you? Orrr no, wait… maybe its this person over here?". GOD, there are ALL THESE PEOPLE in the world!!! How many do I have to go through to find "the one" who is meant for me?!
            The answer is, people don't have soul mates.
            People as a whole need to become less fearful of intimacy. Less fearful of our futures. We need to learn the opposite of what society is teaching us, that its ok to be HAPPY, with someone who is not your soul mate. We need to realize that the more "control" that technology gives us, the LESS control we're going to feel over our lives. Its only natural, and we need to be aware of this. The more dependent you become on anything, the less independent you will feel, that’s how life works.

            Become dependent on dating sites to meet people, you'll feel less independent in real life in terms of meeting people. No longer do you have simple profiles to categorize people, but you learn that humans are very complex, emotional creatures. So the best way to learn about them, is OFF the computer.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7362939].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Karen Blundell
      Originally Posted by HeySal View Post

      There is nothing in this universe that is true of all women's preferences. We are simply just people. This kind of "all women" "all men" kind of thought irks the crap out of me.
      it irks me as well, Sal. Another thing that irks me: arrogance. Enough said.
      Signature
      ---------------
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7336123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Farenxdesign
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7340151].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      I think when you try to over analyze the male/female situation you end up mired in crap.

      Strong isn't the same as controlling
      Kind isn't the same as weak
      Sensitive isn't the same as overly emotional
      Arrogant doesn't mean pompous
      Acceptance/tolerance/trust are treasures

      Unless you are being your authentic self, you don't have a chance of finding someone who meshes well with you. That's true for men and for women.

      Generalities are fun - but they don't apply most of the time.

      kay
      Signature
      Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

      You should always be yourself...unless you can be a Unicorn. Then you should always be a Unicorn.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7342468].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author magento123
    in some way, what you said is true. but as a woman, i think not all of us fall for bad guys and ignore kind guys. I myself love kind, humble and tender guys.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7342534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author FlowingEvents
    There is a psychological cause behind why women(Girls) Like Bad boys. You can search it on google. I read that somewhere.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7343908].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ace21
    Originally Posted by priyankeshu View Post

    Is it true that

    - Women fall for bad guys
    - Women don't value a simple guy if he tells her that she's important?


    I am forced to think that it is true..


    Your experience?
    I think this is true for most girls. However, there are some girls out there that are really nice. My current girlfriend is sweet, and she values someone who is genuinely nice. I'm very glad to have her, she is a very rare find these days!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7345313].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      its ok to be HAPPY, with someone who is not your soul mate. We need to realize that the more "control" that technology gives us, the LESS control we're going to feel over our lives.
      I agree - I call it "over the shoulder-itis". People are so busy constructing the perfect man/woman in their mind they miss some real life possibilities in front of them.

      It seems to me that while proclaiming independence and arguing details, we've gotten into almost a comedic romantic view these days where everything is perfection and soul mate. Nothing can live up to that.

      Susan is a woman. She represents your average female forum member. When asked, there is NO WAY she could ever tell you how to seduce a woman. Why?

      Because she's never tried before. Susan is a woman.
      Sorry, but that's just funny. If you only knew what "most" women are thinking when a man starts his seduction routine....

      A decent looking woman knows exactly what the guy is doing - and she's deciding whether to play along or not. Of course, she doesn't tell him that...:p
      Signature
      Saving one dog will not change the world - but the world will change forever for that one dog.

      You should always be yourself...unless you can be a Unicorn. Then you should always be a Unicorn.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7345727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sloanjim
    How old are you? 16-19? What next? Sex questions? You can the real immature posters with their replies and O.P.'s

    Yes there are some crazy women..shock horror. Just like there are crazy men.

    Is it true that

    - Women fall for bad guys
    - Women don't value a simple guy if he tells her that she's important?


    I am forced to think that it is true..


    Your experience?
    Signature

    15 Minute Forex Bar Trading System Free at
    http://www.fxscalpingmethod.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7356083].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sloanjim
    Looolala interesting!

    Susan might not have tried to seduce a woman but some other women like myself have and have been seduced by other women lol I'm bisexual by the way .
    Signature

    15 Minute Forex Bar Trading System Free at
    http://www.fxscalpingmethod.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7356087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author HeySal
    To keep things short. I have learned A LOT. I also studied NLP (still do) which is a great field to learn if you want to become competent with women & communication in general.
    First, I am NOT an "NLP enthusiast".
    Serious - women like guys who keep their stories straight.
    Signature

    Sal
    When the Roads and Paths end, learn to guide yourself through the wilderness
    Beyond the Path

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7363496].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author XenG
    Originally Posted by priyankeshu View Post

    Is it true that

    - Women fall for bad guys
    - Women don't value a simple guy if he tells her that she's important?


    I am forced to think that it is true..


    Your experience?
    No, not true for me. I think simple and sensible guys should do fine. Maybe you haven't met that person who'd see and accept you as you are. I know it sounds cliche but I think that's just how it is.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7391807].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author michael26a
    This thread should be called "do nice guys finish last?" lol Most of the time, nice guys do finish last, but sometimes they don't. It depends on your luck, and who you meet. But it is certainly difficult to meet someone who appreciates genuine niceness. You may say that I am not correct, but 10 years of dating tells me otherwise lol But as I said earlier, there are some girls who are lovely, but there aren't many of them around. They are a rare species, a bit like the Dodo haha
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7392603].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author superdubaus
    An interesting movie can make on this topic............................
    Signature
    Quality Film Transfer Services Available Here
    www.superdub.com.au
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7393186].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ozzie2012
    Young, somewhat immature women like bad boys because bad boys are fun and exciting.
    Older, more mature women don't go for bad boys. They tend to go for the mature, responsible, dependable men who they can rely on and have a future with.
    This is what I think in general. but not everyone is like this. There are old, but very childish and immature women, just like there are very young, but mature and grown up women.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7393349].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author odesk
    this is true that simple and sensible boys have to do fine
    Signature

    Don't talk, act. Don't say, show. Don't promise, prove.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7393364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Merlina
    I like the boring nice guys who think like I do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7393446].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Plimus
    Originally Posted by priyankeshu View Post

    Is it true that

    - Women fall for bad guys
    - Women don't value a simple guy if he tells her that she's important?


    I am forced to think that it is true..


    Your experience?
    I believe every woman has fallen for someone that was bad for them in one way or another, I dont believe it was due to mere fact of being bad. I dont think I have ever had a conversation with a fellow female that didnt have something bad to say about their companion at one time or another, but being directly disobedient and unlawfully unkind was never a cause to be with them.

    Not being gender specific, anybody that hears their important appreciates the value of these words. Whether or not they show their appreciation is another matter.
    Signature
    Preciouse
    Community Manager at BlueSnap (Plimus)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7393559].message }}

Trending Topics