Everyone knows that Facebook is extremely powerful. Millions of dollars float through Facebook every year. And yet, it's so untapped. There are so many possibilities and people just ignore facebook all together.
So my plan was to set up a campaign that allowed me to utilize facebook's PPC advertising.
I picked mobile websites as my foot in the door service. My goal of the campaign was to make an offer to those that needed a mobile website...not seo, not web design, not ppc campaign setup.....Mobile websites.
1. I found a 2-step landing page template somewhere. I think it might have been Leadpages? Anyway I liked the simplicity of it. I didn't want my visitors being distracted. So I took this template and reconfigured it a little bit. I changed the "Confirm your status" to a simple text input box and put "Your website URL here" ...When they clicked continue for step two, it switched over and asked them for their phone number. When they continued we re-routed them to a new page with a custom script on it, but we used Ajax coding to keep the page within the same frame so the user didn't see the page change. And obviously the background...
2. The custom page - We ripped the idea from dudamobile. Re-created the mockup process that they use. This page was coded to take the URL input from STEP 1 on the landing page and automatically begin on page load. This worked seamlessly because once the user clicked "Let me see it" on step 2 the new script would load, and begin, all in the same frame.
3. Once the script showed them a mockup of the website I routed it to another page with a video of me standing in front of a projector screen with the SAME website pulled up as they had. In the video I QUICKLY explained the importance of a mobile website, congratulated them on taking the step in the right direction, and asked them to click on the big BUY NOW button below and that I would personally call them within 1 hour of the order to set the website up for them on their server.
Below the video and the CTA button, I posted a long infographic covering exactly what the video went over, I also threw in some client testimonials.
4. Once they clicked on the buy now button i routed them to my company website thank you page where I showed them a gallery of my hundreds of mobile websites. When i got an order I would call them and talk for 5 minutes about the website, explain what I needed from them, and build the website with dudamobile. I paid $9/mo to dudamobile to host the website. I charged $297 for the website and $29/mo.
5. The Facebook integration - I setup multiple ads targeting the people I thought would be best fit for my offer. I made the ads simple. Whatever I could say to make them click and keep it on topic. "Free mobile website mockup generator" "Convert your website to mobile in one click" etc. I tested probably 40 different ads. Some worked, some sucked.
At the end of the 8 months I checked my paypal account and I had sent facebook around $15k for the ads.
Sold around 215 websites
There you have it...
Things have changed a little bit now, I don't use dudamobile anymore with new client's, we have our own server. And we develop them with better templates now. This is just my example of taking a simple method, and making the best of it using the resources you have.
I'll be honest...I didn't think it was going to work. I just felt like it was going to be tricky to get people to spend $300 that quick since i was showing no value to them at all. I think it was just the fact that they had a ready-made, good looking website sitting right there and just said screw it.
I also followed up to every person that filled out their url. So those that didn't buy, still got a call from me. This helped tremendously. In fact, over half my sales where probably because I followed up. And I didn't wait. I set a notification so my phone dinged every time the form was completed. I would literally call them up as soon as possible.
I admittedly put a lot of work into the process and didn't really track my results as far as CTA, and conversion %. The statistics I'm giving you are ONLY the $$ made from this campaign. Meaning all the upsells are excluded. These 200 or so client's have given me a LOT more business than what I'm publicizing.
I'm pretty new here and have not posted a whole lot. But one thing I'm noticing is that you guys are lazy. There are so many people that are on here begging for some magic information. And you're getting great advice and help, don't get me wrong. But I constantly see the simplest subjects turn into the most complex conversations that completely avoid the real problem...you're lazy. People don't become successful because they find a secret formula, people become successful because they're willing to give up every single thing that they have to get there. They're willing to stay up for 24-48 hours at a time. They're willing to throw their social life away. They're willing to do whatever it takes to become successful. There have been a handful of times I have wanted to reply to a thread and say "Just give up, you obviously don't have what it takes".
If you really want to make 2015 a good year and are tired of living paycheck to paycheck, you're going to have to sweat, bleed, and cry for it. Perhaps some people should take the time they spend browsing the forum, and build some stupid mobile websites with dudamobile like I did.
Hopefully a couple people can learn something from this. Happy Holidays!