Anyone use infousa.com?

by Synnuh
28 replies
I'm trying to get mainly business name, email, and website address.

has anyone used InfoUSA to buy data lists?

what did you think of the data?

is it actually up to date? how was your response with the emails?

worth the money? any help is appreciated!
#infousacom
  • Profile picture of the author SnacksSays
    I work in this space so I'm familiar with them. I can tell you that infousa is expensive and there are others out there that are same quality and cost lest.

    What is your goal for your mailing list?

    ListShack.com is only $50 and gets you unlimited leads. T
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10121080].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Synnuh
    hmm, I'll check out listshack.

    the main purpose is to find massive amounts of business owners in a specific sector that have website information like the URL and email address.

    I'm trying to drum up large lists of businesses with junk websites in a certain industry, pretty much.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10121089].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eccj
    Hmm I wouldn't go to INFOUSA for that or ListShack. check out IAMNAMELESS's blog incomebully.com. He has some info on that kind of marketing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10121342].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jimbo42
      listshack is great, especially for consumer list... not a ton of emails for businesses though... I use mobile renegade for that
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10121405].message }}
      • Originally Posted by jimbo42 View Post

        listshack is great, especially for consumer list... not a ton of emails for businesses though... I use mobile renegade for that
        Well thanks

        We are TERRIBLE for business emails because we have zero. We do include websites for businesses to the extent that they're available, but we only provide physical address and phone numbers vs emails.
        Signature
        Unlimited Mailing and Telemarketing Lists for $50/month!
        www.ListShack.com
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10132812].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mich800
          Originally Posted by AffordableMarketingLists View Post

          Well thanks

          We are TERRIBLE for business emails because we have zero. We do include websites for businesses to the extent that they're available, but we only provide physical address and phone numbers vs emails.
          Is listshack more for phone numbers or do the consumer lists include emails. The website seemed to emphasize the telemarketing side.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10177371].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
            Banned
            Originally Posted by mich800 View Post

            Is listshack more for phone numbers or do the consumer lists include emails. The website seemed to emphasize the telemarketing side.
            Very few lists have emails for every business. The last niche list I bought was 55K businesses. It had 17k with emails and 38k without.

            Many list companies supply no emails at all. There are many companies and each list from each company has varied data offerings.

            Cheers. - Frank
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10177490].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author mich800
              Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

              Very few lists have emails for every business. The last niche list I bought was 55K businesses. It had 17k with emails and 38k without.

              Many list companies supply no emails at all. There are many companies and each list from each company has varied data offerings.

              Cheers. - Frank
              I was thinking more on the consumer side. I have used InfoUSA for email and was interested it trying out listshack as the price is much cheaper for the list. But if they do not have optin emails tied to the list of consumers it would be more useful for telemarketing.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10177598].message }}
            • Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

              Very few lists have emails for every business. The last niche list I bought was 55K businesses. It had 17k with emails and 38k without.

              Many list companies supply no emails at all. There are many companies and each list from each company has varied data offerings.

              Cheers. - Frank
              How much email marketing do you do? Are you focused on quality or just getting some data out there?
              Signature
              Unlimited Mailing and Telemarketing Lists for $50/month!
              www.ListShack.com
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10177741].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
                Banned
                Originally Posted by AffordableMarketingLists View Post

                How much email marketing do you do?
                It's not something I do for myself, only for my clients.
                Are you focused on quality or just getting some data out there?
                I strive for quality in everything I do, to the extent of what I have to work with will allow.

                I purchase extremely targeted lists and am fully aware of the wide disparity of email contact information from list to list, a fact that I make sure my clients are well apprised of. I make sure they set realistic expectations and we generally exceed them. That is how I keep my clients and keep them coming back for more of my services.

                I tell them the truth, based upon decades of personal experience. That tends to work for me - and, them.

                Cheers. - Frank
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10177749].message }}
          • Originally Posted by mich800 View Post

            Is listshack more for phone numbers or do the consumer lists include emails. The website seemed to emphasize the telemarketing side.
            It's 100% phones and physical addresses, no emails. It does include websites to the extent available, but that's fairly limited.

            Opt-in emails are their own breed of critter and will likely never be a part of ListShack. I may be launching another product that has emails as part of it, but that won't be for at least another six months and even at that, what people expect from email data is almost always not realistic.
            Signature
            Unlimited Mailing and Telemarketing Lists for $50/month!
            www.ListShack.com
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10177739].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Synnuh
    I think I'm going to get mobile renegade. I was debating the buy until you just said something.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10121446].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Noah Fleming
    I used InfoUSA recently to find some data. I spent $150 to buy a list of contacts that fit my criteria... Actually, I used their counterpart of InfoCanada.

    I closed two projects... One at $59,000 and one at $37,000. Worth the money :-)

    The data was fine, but I had someone double/triple check all the data. For example, owners/ceos had changed in many cases. Some of the data was just old.... Old contacts. We called one to confirm the President's name and he had died 8 years ago!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10133214].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sdingram
      Infousa has pretty good data. You're never going to find 100% accurate data but whatever you buy should be guaranteed to be about 92% accurate or better.

      If you want a small list to test, you can run your own counts online for businesses or consumers at http://www.strategiclists.com and the minimum order is only 100 records. (This is my company.)

      All the best,
      Sdingram
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10148134].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mario23
    Yes...infousa is very expensive.
    I use them a lot, but data very accurate, it may not be at 100% but its worth it.
    Try them out, you won't be disappointed at all.
    Signature
    Format All Your Ebooks and Reports In Minutes…Make Them Super Sexy...CLICK HERE
    Create Amazing Digital Products In Minutes That Makes Up to $300 to $1000 a week…CLICK HERE
    Create Killer Sales letters in 25 Minutes That Sell Any Product Fast...CLICK HERE
    Find Super Money Niches In Minutes and Start Making Money Today…CLICK HERE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10148267].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      I have used them and have been very happy with the lists purchased. They offer an 80% delivery rate and a credit for anything under that. Might be 85%. I can't recall. It's early.

      Not cheap, but good lists, with emails included, never are.

      Cheers. - Frank
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10148761].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sdingram
        Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

        I have used them and have been very happy with the lists purchased. They offer an 80% delivery rate and a credit for anything under that. Might be 85%. I can't recall. It's early.

        Not cheap, but good lists, with emails included, never are.

        Cheers. - Frank
        Their guarantee is 85% for phones and 92% for postal addresses.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10149804].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
          Banned
          Originally Posted by sdingram View Post

          Their guarantee is 85% for phones and 92% for postal addresses.
          I was referring to emails, which is all I ever use. :-) Do you recall that number?

          Cheers. - Frank
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10149813].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MichaelWinicki
    Highly recommend ListShack.com

    I view getting emails as a multistep process.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10149939].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesBarefield
    Banned
    infoUS is definitely expensive, they had given me quote of $1,000 which was the highest compared to what other companies had given me..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10150938].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      Originally Posted by JamesBarefield View Post

      infoUS is definitely expensive, they had given me quote of $1,000 which was the highest compared to what other companies had given me..
      Until you know the actual quality of what you purchased there is no way of determining the value of your expenditure.

      My last purchase on InfoUSA was close to $6k. Money very well spent.

      Cheers. - Frank
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10150992].message }}
      • Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

        Until you know the actual quality of what you purchased there is no way of determining the value of your expenditure.

        My last purchase on InfoUSA was close to $6k. Money very well spent.

        Cheers. - Frank
        FWIW - Probably at least half the list brokers out there are reselling InfoUSAs data. I wouldn't necessarily start off with a $6k purchase with another vendor, but you can reasonably expect similar (if not identical quality) from a lot of other sources.
        Signature
        Unlimited Mailing and Telemarketing Lists for $50/month!
        www.ListShack.com
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10176081].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
          Banned
          Originally Posted by AffordableMarketingLists View Post

          FWIW - Probably at least half the list brokers out there are reselling InfoUSAs data. I wouldn't necessarily start off with a $6k purchase with another vendor, but you can reasonably expect similar (if not identical quality) from a lot of other sources.
          That may be true, but try to get a refund from 'another vendor' if they don't meet their stated delivery % guarantee. Let me know how that works out for you. :-)

          Cheers. - Frank
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10176086].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author fantrom
            Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

            That may be true, but try to get a refund from 'another vendor' if they don't meet their stated delivery % guarantee. Let me know how that works out for you. :-)

            Cheers. - Frank
            I think that's why he forewarned with:

            "I wouldn't necessarily start off with a $6k purchase with another vendor"
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10176474].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author arc323
    I have access to highly targeted lead lists if anyone is interested. No email addresses though. The data includes many things like advertising budget (est), utility expenses (est), gross sales, website address (if applicable), etc.

    If you are interested in a small batch of targeted leads let me know. PM me with the criteria you want to search for and I will pull a sample so that you can determine if the data will work for you.

    Cheers!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10182155].message }}
  • If you sell the data in bulk then please let me know. Send an email to josh(at)affordablemarketinglists.com.
    Signature
    Unlimited Mailing and Telemarketing Lists for $50/month!
    www.ListShack.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10183441].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tonyalpha
    there has been a fuzz in a skype group about purchasing list from infoUSA. Many people got their IP blacklisted by sending out mass email. That probably has something to do with sending behavior, not the list itself, but if so many people are buying the same list. Can the quality still be good? I don't believe. You may end up with a lot of spam complains and ip gets banned
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10184390].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      Originally Posted by tonyalpha View Post

      there has been a fuzz in a skype group about purchasing list from infoUSA. Many people got their IP blacklisted by sending out mass email. That probably has something to do with sending behavior, not the list itself,
      Precisely!
      but if so many people are buying the same list. Can the quality still be good? I don't believe. You may end up with a lot of spam complains and ip gets banned
      They have thousands of generic lists but most folks get get custom-built lists. I doubt anyone is buying the same list, over and over, again.

      Cheers. - Frank
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10184509].message }}

Trending Topics