I am interested in your ideas in relation to marketing music/band events.
Let me illustrate my current situation:
- I arrange a number of rock and roll bands to play at a bar.
- In this case I have made negotiations with the publican to put an entry fee on the door. The bands keep 100%.
- I especially want to attract people who are aged around 20-28 for their beer guzzling properties . The problem is: the majority of them go to the local nightclubs to drink; however, I predict a small percentage of this population might enjoy rock and roll bands given they knew about the events.
Some ideas I have thought of:
- designing a poster for each event to put up on local businesses' walls and windows.
- building relationships with radio stations and their presenters to gain exposure on the radio waves.
- putting posters up at schools and universities.
Any help would be appreciated. I'd love to hear some strange approaches.