Effective print ad examples.

14 replies
I've got an opportunity to advertise in a newspaper for free, has anyone got any effective good designs and wordings for advertising my internet marketing business on print media?

I'll probably focus on web design to bring in more leads.
#ad examples #advert designs #effective #examples #print #print ads
  • Profile picture of the author vndnbrgj
    I know you are looking for a handout but....

    My advice is to take the money that you would have spent
    In the paper, and use it to hire a copywriter to create the ad.

    If you had a great ad, would you pay to put it into the paper?
    Its the same thing.

    IMHO, I would shy away from WSO ads just because a lot of them are WSO/theory
    pushers so I don't know how effective they are. Just because it looks good on paper doesn't mean it works.
    Signature
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone
    - Neale Donald Wilson -
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7404171].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Irish Intuition
      Originally Posted by vndnbrgj View Post

      I know you are looking for a handout but....

      My advice is to take the money that you would have spent
      In the paper, and use it to hire a copywriter to create the ad.

      If you had a great ad, would you pay to put it into the paper?
      Its the same thing.

      IMHO, I would shy away from WSO ads just because a lot of them are WSO/theory
      pushers so I don't know how effective they are. Just because it looks good on paper doesn't mean it works.
      Good advice!
      Signature




      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7404259].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hayfj2
    there was a WSO in here recently offering just that.

    I think it was by the local consulting group and called "print chest" with template ads, leaflets, and photoshop/gimp files.

    someone else might know which one I mean

    regards


    Fraser
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7404751].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7404886].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jrod014
      Originally Posted by bob ross View Post

      buy the book cashvertising
      Thanks for the share Jake. Looks good and has a lot of great reviews. Just picked it up for my kindle (on my phone).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7405037].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author zavhara
      Thanks all for the advice and suggestions, I won't be doing it now as the submit date it too soon.


      Originally Posted by bob ross View Post

      buy the book cashvertising
      I actually read this book a while ago, I have to see where I left it, I'm not sure I have it with me at the moment.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7405087].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ewenmack
        Here's a link to images of the ad to study and model...

        https://www.google.co.nz/search?clie...MIeUiQf4r4DADA

        The style is called advertorial.

        Because it fits in with the editoroal style of a newspaper.

        Has lots of valuable tips.

        For your web design ad,
        the headline could be...

        "How To Create A Website That Sells"

        Then use the factual style as seen in the David Olgivy ad shown.

        If you need help to come up with the facts,
        then head over to Marketing Experiments...
        more than enough to fill your ad.

        Advertorials are mentioned in Cashvertising,
        but no real examples of one. This is the type of ad
        from a ad agency he was referring to.

        No need to re-invent the wheel.

        It's all laid out there for you to model.

        Best,
        Ewen
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7405283].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author zavhara
          Ewen - Do they have to be that long and detailed to be effective? Also the advert I was going to do was only 1/4 of a page, would that still work?

          Originally Posted by ewenmack View Post

          Here's a link to images of the ad to study and model...

          https://www.google.co.nz/search?clie...MIeUiQf4r4DADA

          The style is called advertorial.

          Because it fits in with the editoroal style of a newspaper.

          Has lots of valuable tips.

          For your web design ad,
          the headline could be...

          "How To Create A Website That Sells"

          Then use the factual style as seen in the David Olgivy ad shown.

          If you need help to come up with the facts,
          then head over to Marketing Experiments...
          more than enough to fill your ad.

          Advertorials are mentioned in Cashvertising,
          but no real examples of one. This is the type of ad
          from a ad agency he was referring to.

          No need to re-invent the wheel.

          It's all laid out there for you to model.

          Best,
          Ewen
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7406392].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author ewenmack
            Originally Posted by zavhara View Post

            Ewen - Do they have to be that long and detailed to be effective? Also the advert I was going to do was only 1/4 of a page, would that still work?
            Same principle will apply for a smaller ad,
            just keep great usuable information in it.

            Best,
            Ewen
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7406596].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zavhara
    Thanks guys, always giving valuable information, I will definitely take a look, :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7406373].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jayspann


    It's going to depend on how many column inches they are going to give you for free...

    If you have to do a smaller ad you could just do a headline and the call to action of calling a free recorded message.

    With this method you can create a longer message, they don't feel threatened because its not a LIVE person and you get a list of the phone numbers that called into hear the message. can you say "warm list"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7409234].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Saluki Guy
      ewenmack is right, you want an advertorial style ad.

      Gary Halbert discusses this in detail here.


      You won't get a better example of this technique that the above. Good luck.

      EDIT: This was from Joe Polish, not Halbert, but he references Halbert throughout.
      Signature
      There is a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted — all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat, And we must take the current when it serves, Or lose our ventures. - Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7409265].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7409248].message }}

Trending Topics