YouTube PPC for Local Marketing?

10 replies
I have been hearing that YouTube PPC is like Adword in 2004-05. I am hearing it is CHEAP traffic and can be VERY effective if ran properly.

Anyone have any experience with it for local marketing? I am thinking about dipping my toes in the YouTube PPC "pond" and giving it a shot, but was hoping to get some advice/direction beforehand.

Anyone?
#local #marketing #ppc #youtube
  • Profile picture of the author bawls
    Originally Posted by ADukes81 View Post

    I have been hearing that YouTube PPC is like Adword in 2004-05. I am hearing it is CHEAP traffic and can be VERY effective if ran properly.

    Anyone have any experience with it for local marketing? I am thinking about dipping my toes in the YouTube PPC "pond" and giving it a shot, but was hoping to get some advice/direction beforehand.

    Anyone?
    at .01 cent a click you can test it all day without even cutting into your coffee money.
    Signature
    Dominate Craigslist
    ~1.50 Per Post * 90 Day Min Run * Ghost Free Guarantee~
    ~Full Phone & Skype Support * PM or Skype for Details~
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7915585].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike R
      Yes, clicks are still really cheap, so you just have to make sure you have a short, high quality video in order for it to work. If you lose people's attention or don't give a strong call to action in the video, you'll pay for a lot of cheap clicks that don't generate any business.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7915744].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ADukes81
    Yea, most YouTube ads that I see are 5-10 seconds and I thought to make a quick, short video of that length to get their attention and know they saw my entire message.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7915944].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ADukes81
    Like a super powerful headline, only on video.

    The thing is...

    I'm not a copywriter
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7915948].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bawls
      Originally Posted by ADukes81 View Post

      Like a super powerful headline, only on video.

      The thing is...

      I'm not a copywriter

      just swipe other headlines in similar verticals that seem to be doing well.
      Signature
      Dominate Craigslist
      ~1.50 Per Post * 90 Day Min Run * Ghost Free Guarantee~
      ~Full Phone & Skype Support * PM or Skype for Details~
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7916740].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ewenmack
      Originally Posted by ADukes81 View Post

      Like a super powerful headline, only on video.

      The thing is...

      I'm not a copywriter
      Don't need to think like a copywriter Adam.

      Work out what they get as an end result from you.

      Quantify it.

      Best,
      Ewen
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7916782].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author patadeperro
    The thing you need is a great offer to the people you want to market, think about their biggest pain, make them an offer, put it in writing and that's it, you have your ad.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7916825].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike R
      And make sure you implement a Call to Action in the videos so people will visit the website after watching...a simple link in the Description probably won't pass that much traffic through.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7951938].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rus Sells
    I'd like to see some stats on YT PPC because personally I go on Youtube to watch videos and be entertained therefore I always close those ads 100% of the time.

    I'd think that it would be more effective on "How To" or educational videos.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7953407].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike R
      Originally Posted by Rus Sells View Post

      I'd like to see some stats on YT PPC because personally I go on Youtube to watch videos and be entertained therefore I always close those ads 100% of the time.

      I'd think that it would be more effective on "How To" or educational videos.
      Effectiveness depends on the targeting method. 100% agree with you that if something starts playing when I'm trying to watch another video, I'm closing that Ad as quickly as possible.

      BUT if you choose as an advertiser to target only based on relevant keyword queries entered in YouTube or contextually based on what other videos someone's watching (will show as a 'Featured Video' in the sidebar, similar to regular Adwords ad), then engagement rates are much higher and it can definitely work.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7955915].message }}

Trending Topics