"I don't need another stinking lead generation software..."

12 replies
Hey Offliner,

I don't mean to come across too harsh, but I'm pretty much done buying lead generation software.

It's not that I don't need more leads.

It's just that with rare exception, the dozens of software programs being sold to us offline marketers is nothing more than information compilers.

Meaning that they may gather data from several places like Manta, Yellow Pages and websites, but at the end of the day, they're still just compiling data of random business owners.

That's not what I consider a good quality lead.

I guess I have such a negative reaction to that because it takes me back to my early mortgage days.

In those days, my manager would just dump a pile of names and phone numbers on my desk and tell me to find the gold in there.

Yuck!

Even worse, for some reason, there was a extended period of time a year or two ago that I was a little dense.

I couldn't get it through my thick skull that any type of lead generation software developer can technically say that their software spits out a list of business owners.

That doesn't mean the list is worth two cents.

I'm ashamed to admit that it took me a while to realize that the value is not in the software's ability to compile a list.

The money is in the conversion funnel.

So because I was "stuck on stupid" for a while, I bought them all.

What a waste that was.

Needless to say, nothing magical happened from my list of random business owners compiled by the greatest data compilers on the market.

See, what you really want are business owners who have raised their hand and told you in one way or the other that they need your help in some way.

And that requires some focus, commitment and a real marketing strategy driving your decisions.

Now, truth be told, there are software programs that can pull the information of business owners who have posted to craigslist, facebook or linkedin asking for help.

That's more useful.

However, most of those software developers sold thousands of copies of the same software. So, business owners who post on those sites are getting hammered.

Smart for the developers, but tons of competition for us.

So, keep this in mind the next time somebody launches another software touting to find business owner leads.

It's not the list of random business owners that's valuable. It's the conversion funnel that gets them to hire you.

Now, go close some deals,

Chris
#marketing consultant #marketing plr #offline plr
  • Profile picture of the author zoro
    I could not agree more. All that those Lead Scrapers give you is COLD leads. Somehow you need to lead them down into your sales funnel where some prospects will hold up there hand wanting to know more.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8504473].message }}
  • I agree with this post 100%! There is no point in getting a software that will scrape leads fi those leads aren't hot leads and won't even buy.

    I too use my own set of offline marketing softwares to help generate a quicker overtime in finding clients and getting good leads, but I find that most softwares sold as WSOs are just scraping the same old data.

    I feel you are right in this aspect! Great post!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8504479].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason Kanigan
    Yup...I have long said that the best leads list is the one you make yourself.

    Yes, it takes time...but it pays off in how well targeted it is.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8504589].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author TheBigBee
      Most of the software is crap...

      My team and I are working really hard to actually deliver something useful. Folks don't need / want scraped leads. They want an easy and affordable way to get targeted leads.

      Here's what we are shipping:
      1. A voice broadcast message is made to a business owner.
      2. The business owner will Press 1 if he / she wants to opt in.
      3. They'll hear a "legal disclaimer" before being asked for their cell phone number to receive your offer.
      4. Once they have entered their cell phone number, they will get an SMS which will take them to your (mobile) opt-in page.
      5. If / when they opt-in, based on data / math, you will have acquired targeted leads for $5-$10 each.

      The best part about it, is that right there within the user interface, a marketer will be able to pull records based on their preferences, right from InfoFree as we will be embedding their API.

      We believe that anyone who gives you their cell phone number before e-mail address has got to be a pretty decent lead.

      While this product is not primarily designed for "Warriors" per se, it will be approachable enough for Warriors with a $1 Minimum, and .05 per attempt.

      This all came about from my insistence on finding a way to get folks to opt-in without spamming them. I have almost 2M e-mail records, so to get them to opt-in, I'll be using this system for myself. My plan was to create value for these folks by showing them things they can do to improve their business.

      THIS SYSTEM CAN BE RUN MANUALLY BY ANYONE AT ANY MOMENT - INCLUDING YOU, AND I MEAN RIGHT NOW.


      The folks who use to system to establish a relationship (start giving) will prosper. Those who want to say "HEY BUY MY CRAP!" will convert like crap.


      We will ship the most useful lead generation software / product ever released in the history of lead generation products. I guarantee it.

      Relief is on the way!!
      Signature
      FILL IN THE BLANKS!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8505845].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author zoro
        Originally Posted by TheBigBee View Post

        Most of the software is crap...

        My team and I are working really hard to actually deliver something useful. Folks don't need / want scraped leads. They want an easy and affordable way to get targeted leads.

        Here's what we are shipping:
        1. A voice broadcast message is made to a business owner.
        2. The business owner will Press 1 if he / she wants to opt in.
        3. They'll hear a "legal disclaimer" before being asked for their cell phone number to receive your offer.
        4. Once they have entered their cell phone number, they will get an SMS which will take them to your (mobile) opt-in page.
        5. If / when they opt-in, based on data / math, you will have acquired targeted leads for $5-$10 each.

        The best part about it, is that right there within the user interface, a marketer will be able to pull records based on their preferences, right from InfoFree as we will be embedding their API.

        We believe that anyone who gives you their cell phone number before e-mail address has got to be a pretty decent lead.

        While this product is not primarily designed for "Warriors" per se, it will be approachable enough for Warriors with a $1 Minimum, and .05 per attempt.

        This all came about from my insistence on finding a way to get folks to opt-in without spamming them. I have almost 2M e-mail records, so to get them to opt-in, I'll be using this system for myself. My plan was to create value for these folks by showing them things they can do to improve their business.

        THIS SYSTEM CAN BE RUN MANUALLY BY ANYONE AT ANY MOMENT - INCLUDING YOU, AND I MEAN RIGHT NOW.


        The folks who use to system to establish a relationship (start giving) will prosper. Those who want to say "HEY BUY MY CRAP!" will convert like crap.


        We will ship the most useful lead generation software / product ever released in the history of lead generation products. I guarantee it.

        Relief is on the way!!
        Sounds like an amazing system. Where can I get it and will it work in my country - Australia?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8508526].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author midasman09
          Banned
          Ryan McKinney (DareDevil Marketing) has a WSO that explains;

          1) Create a Video (or use one of Dave Cisnero's or Mark Helton's PLR Videos)
          2) Use a phone # from CallFire that directs calls DIRECTLY TO A BUSINESS you choose. Use their "whisper" feature that gives a short message prior to connecting the call from the lead (Hello-here's another Lead from Ad Marketing)
          3) Use a Title with the Keyword (Roofer Portland - 541-555-1234)...optimize the video and UpLoad to your channel.
          4) Add BackLinks, Views, Ping...etc to get video to 1st page of G for the KeyWord.
          5) When you see some calls being made ...phone the business you chose and tell them YOU caused those calls and if they'd like to receive more calls, here's the deal.

          ONE phone call, not hundreds! If the biz says rejects your offer...re-direct calls to another biz.

          Don Alm
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8519709].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author hometutor
            Nothing beats building relationships

            Referrals
            Volunteer work
            Handing out your business cards
            Attending social events

            Rick
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8519774].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author hometutor
            Originally Posted by midasman09 View Post

            Ryan McKinney (DareDevil Marketing) has a WSO that explains;

            1) Create a Video (or use one of Dave Cisnero's or Mark Helton's PLR Videos)
            2) Use a phone # from CallFire that directs calls DIRECTLY TO A BUSINESS you choose. Use their "whisper" feature that gives a short message prior to connecting the call from the lead (Hello-here's another Lead from Ad Marketing)
            3) Use a Title with the Keyword (Roofer Portland - 541-555-1234)...optimize the video and UpLoad to your channel.
            4) Add BackLinks, Views, Ping...etc to get video to 1st page of G for the KeyWord.
            5) When you see some calls being made ...phone the business you chose and tell them YOU caused those calls and if they'd like to receive more calls, here's the deal.

            ONE phone call, not hundreds! If the biz says rejects your offer...re-direct calls to another biz.

            Don Alm
            If this is a WSO is Ryan okay with you sharing this?

            Rick
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8519784].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Adrian John
      It really depends on what kind of leads you need.
      For example if I need attorneys in NY that don't have an mobile website than a software can deliver that to me.
      If I want businesses(any niche) that are paying for YP(gold members I think they are called) than I can get them through the software ... Plenty other examples.
      A software can spare you a lot of time in same cases.
      But of course you will have to do a deeper research on those leads to see if they suit your services profile.
      Signature
      ARE YOU A CONSULTANT? Do you have clients who could use MORE LEADS?
      Get them a MOBILE WEBSITE PLATFORM built to stay up with their clients habits.
      More than 50% of their customers buys from their mobile devices now!

      CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8505896].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author zoro
        Originally Posted by Adrian John View Post

        It really depends on what kind of leads you need.
        For example if I need attorneys in NY that don't have an mobile website than a software can deliver that to me.
        If I want businesses(any niche) that are paying for YP(gold members I think they are called) than I can get them through the software ... Plenty other examples.
        A software can spare you a lot of time in same cases.
        But of course you will have to do a deeper research on those leads to see if they suit your services profile.
        Adrian, they are still COLD Leads mate. You can scrape all day long on auto pilot if you want, but in the end, you still have a lot of work in trying to get them to buy your product or service. Much better to get Warm Leads that have put their hand up already.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8508517].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Doud
    I think the issue is these products are not lead generators they are suspect generators. Nothing wrong with that if you need suspects. You can take that list and turn them into prospects and turn those prospects into leads.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8506692].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NewParadigm
    We want Glengarry leads!
    Signature

    In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing. ~ Theodore Roosevelt

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8506799].message }}

Trending Topics