can anybody help out the newbie.. ?

14 replies
First I'd like to thank everyone on the Warrior Forum, this site is amazing. I'm very new to all this & I'm so excited I found this forum.

The post by John Durham (newbies read this. how to make 50k...) is unbelievable and I can't believe something like that is free. The post by Amir Luis (how I made $1600 in 72 hrs) is just as good and both have an unreal amount of free info. So I'd like to thank them.

With being new to offline marketing but not cold calling I would love to get this going. I did have some questions I hope someone can help a new guy with.

1.) How and what do you set up to collect monthly payments for the monthly maintenance fee? And what's the best way to word that charge? Could anybody help me figure that out? I couldn't really find a definitive answer on that.

2.) I remember reading on Amir's thread that outsourcing might not be a bad idea. Do you think starting out its better to make the sales, make the websites, do all the tech stuff, seo, etc etc. Or make the sales and outsource everything else?

3.) If you do outsource where do you find people to do all that for you? Make the website, drive traffic, seo, etc.

4.) If I did do everything, I don't know anything about seo. How do you make sure the customers site is worth having? Making sure it ranks, it's getting traffic, etc.

5.) Where could I get a list of businesses to call?

I hope that's not too much and to everyone, thank you so much. I'm so excited to get my offline marketing career off the ground!
#newbie #offline marketing
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    The Warriors for Hire section in this forum is the best place to outsource work. You get good warriors, many with excellent reputations.
    Do a search for the questions you have as I am sure they have all been answered before.
    I suspect others will also come and answer them for you.

    Good luck.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Visit my site for more info

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533592].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author caseyray
      Thanks Laurencewins.. where's the warrior for hire section?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533613].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    Click here
    and you'll be in the right place.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Visit my site for more info

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533619].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author caseyray
      Thank you so much
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533628].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vijayaraj
    Hi,

    I myself a newbie in this forum, Just thought I'll tell my suggestions

    1) I use paypal to setup monthly subscription. I use either Monthly Maintenance Fee/ Monthly Subscription based on the product.

    2) If you are starting out small and have enough time & knowledge then I say you go with doing it yourself. But if you have no knowledge on the specific fields then outsource

    3) Lawrence answered this. If you want to go cheap then try fiverr but be careful most of the gigs are deadly, Just find the good ones based on reviews

    4) If you don't know anything about SEO then don't do it yourself


    Originally Posted by caseyray View Post

    1.) How and what do you set up to collect monthly payments for the monthly maintenance fee? And what's the best way to word that charge? Could anybody help me figure that out? I couldn't really find a definitive answer on that.

    2.) I remember reading on Amir's thread that outsourcing might not be a bad idea. Do you think starting out its better to make the sales, make the websites, do all the tech stuff, seo, etc etc. Or make the sales and outsource everything else?

    3.) If you do outsource where do you find people to do all that for you? Make the website, drive traffic, seo, etc.

    4.) If I did do everything, I don't know anything about seo. How do you make sure the customers site is worth having? Making sure it ranks, it's getting traffic, etc.

    5.) Where could I get a list of businesses to call?

    I hope that's not too much and to everyone, thank you so much. I'm so excited to get my offline marketing career off the ground!
    Signature

    Going in one more round when you don’t think you can – that’s what makes all the difference in your life.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533657].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author caseyray
      Do you think its possible to outsource for just a flat rate? For instance, I read on Amir's thread charge a business 300 + 30 for monthly, pay someone say $200 to do all the website & seo side of it. You make 100 and get the residual of 30 per month? That would be who I'm looking for. I really don't know anything about seo type stuff.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533702].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Vijayaraj
        Hi,
        I'm sorry but if you don't know anything about SEO then it is not possible. How will you determine what service to hire or if that service is worth the price or How to convince your customer? I suggest you start reading basics of SEO first

        Originally Posted by caseyray View Post

        Do you think its possible to outsource for just a flat rate? For instance, I read on Amir's thread charge a business 300 + 30 for monthly, pay someone say $200 to do all the website & seo side of it. You make 100 and get the residual of 30 per month? That would be who I'm looking for. I really don't know anything about seo type stuff.
        Signature

        Going in one more round when you don’t think you can – that’s what makes all the difference in your life.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533709].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author caseyray
          I could still build the website's and sell them though correct? Just from reading John Durhams post it seemed like you didn't need to know much about seo & that kind of stuff. Cold calling and just really working was what was going to make it a successful venture
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533724].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Vijayaraj
            Hi,
            Yes, As I said you can do stuffs which you have at least basic knowledge. If you know about website building then go for it. Not all web designers are SEO specialists. Just read a bit about SEO find a good service provided in Warriors for hire section then combine both

            Originally Posted by caseyray View Post

            I could still build the website's and sell them though correct? Just from reading John Durhams post it seemed like you didn't need to know much about seo & that kind of stuff. Cold calling and just really working was what was going to make it a successful venture
            Signature

            Going in one more round when you don’t think you can – that’s what makes all the difference in your life.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8533767].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vndnbrgj
    1.) Paypal.
    You can create a subscription button/link.
    Name it whatever your package is called. (Monthly hosting, Platinum Marketing package, etc)

    2.) The amount you do depends on your skills and budget.

    3.) Any place there are freelancers. (Warriors for hire, Fiverr, Odesk, etc)

    4.) You need to learn about SEO first.

    5.) Depends on who you are targeting. You could get a scraper, get lists of newly registered businesses or learn different search strings to enter into Google.
    Signature
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone
    - Neale Donald Wilson -
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8534019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    Why build websites to sell when you have zero knowledge? You would be better off using skills you do have to make money. However, you haven't told us what you do know, only what you don't know.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Visit my site for more info

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8534133].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OnlineStoreHelp
      Originally Posted by laurencewins View Post

      Why build websites to sell when you have zero knowledge? You would be better off using skills you do have to make money. However, you haven't told us what you do know, only what you don't know.
      I don't necessarily agree with this. The ability to adapt or change is fundamental to success and just about all of us started out not knowing a darn thing about webdesign or SEO.

      In fact even when I worked for large companies, 80% of the time I was hired into positions, not because I necessarily knew the subject, but because they knew I could figure it out and make a success out of it.

      Add on top of this the need for change and try something different, I say go for it. As for my advice:

      Do it yourself at first, even if you outsource later. You then gauge your skill set, what you are good at or how you want things done. I outsource my banners for example, just not that into it. But I do the build out myself, I just enjoy that part of it but I am not scared to outsource any javascript I might be done since it goes beyond me sometimes.

      For webdesign, set up a reseller hosting which includes WHMCS which will automate all your billing for you and you can bill it through PayPal. $30 bucks or less for good quality hosting. Starting out you can also just do a PayPal subscription. Or you can use a freelancer solution like Freshbooks that will automate the service.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8534364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author joan2009
    If you got no knowledge about building sites, seo, etc, then it's better for you to outsource. There are freelancers out there that you can hire for as cheap as $3 per hour or you can pay at a fix price. You just need to be specific about the project that you wanted to be done.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8534673].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nyk24
    Check out these threads OP another member compiled all the recent good threads together for noobs like yourself

    welcome to the forum

    Nick
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8537078].message }}

Trending Topics