I will be sending out 20 letters to 20 medium sized businesses promoting my web design/re-design services. These letters will be 'lumpy mail'
1) What kind of envelope color works best?
2) What color letter?
3) What color pen, on outside of envelope hand addressed? - heard good things about, blue felt tip pens?
4) Hand stamped: stamp crooked? Upside down? etc.
5) No return address?
6) Infofree for targeted list info?
7) Who to send letter to? CEO? Marketing Director? etc.
8) If I want to get $5,000-$10,000 web design deals what kind of businesses should be targeted such as company statistics? EXAMPLE: Company revenue, company # of employees, etc.
9) If I sell web design/re-design services, should I be targeting businesses that already have a website or no website at all? (easier to get a sale to a business with a website because they see the value, but will they spend the $5,000-$10,000 prices we charge for just a re-design?)
I very much appreciate it if you took the time to answer these questions.
Feel free to add suggestions for higher response and opening rates as well as help on getting my services sold and who to sell to in terms of a business with a website VS without a website.