How To Get Started With SEO [Noob Guide]

by nik0 Banned
10 replies
  • SEO
  • |
Study the Google Panda & Penguin updates!

When that's done properly you shouldn't have problems ranking a site and all your questions like:

- What is the best spinner?
- GSA vs Magic submitter?
- Do forum signature links work?
- Does WP robot still work?

Will be answered

Easy peasy!
#guide #noob #seo #started
  • Profile picture of the author Icematikx
    Nik0's angry today

    I just read that 12,000 forum backlinks are very good for ranking homepage? Is this true?
    Signature

    Just got back from a #BrightonSEO. I was given room 404 in the hotel I stayed at. Couldn’t find it anywhere!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9637520].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nik0
      Banned
      Originally Posted by Icematikx View Post

      Nik0's angry today

      I just read that 12,000 forum backlinks are very good for ranking homepage? Is this true?
      Yes they're great, you want me to suggest someone to build them for you as well?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9637539].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEO-Dave
    How are those questions an SEO noob guide?

    An SEO noob guide are questions like

    What is anchor text?
    What's the title tag?
    How to make a backlink?
    Are images important to SEO?
    Does Google use the meta keywords tag?

    Your questions are at best greyhat SEO and worst blackhat SEO, those new to SEO shouldn't be messing with article spinners and autoblog plugins until they understand the risks of using those types of tools. Risks are your site is Google banned.

    Not exactly noob material.

    David
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9637664].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nik0
      Banned
      Originally Posted by SEO-Dave View Post

      How are those questions an SEO noob guide?

      An SEO noob guide are questions like

      What is anchor text?
      What's the title tag?
      How to make a backlink?
      Are images important to SEO?
      Does Google use the meta keywords tag?

      Your questions are at best greyhat SEO and worst blackhat SEO, those new to SEO shouldn't be messing with article spinners and autoblog plugins until they understand the risks of using those types of tools. Risks are your site is Google banned.

      Not exactly noob material.

      David
      I suppose we look at it from a different angle.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9637695].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nest28
    Niko, I felt the same way a while back, but there's no point. There will always be new marketers who don't know much, and who aren't willing to take the initiative to learn on their own. Best thing to do is either help or ignore them.
    Signature

    Somewhere watching Power.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9637720].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nik0
      Banned
      Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

      Niko, I felt the same way a while back, but there's no point. There will always be new marketers who don't know much, and who aren't willing to take the initiative to learn on their own. Best thing to do is either help or ignore them.
      I'm gonna ignore them from now on, Even when I post useful stuff there are some ****tards who think they know it better. LIke the guy in the other thread that didn't even look at the backlink profile from the site in question but still claimed that the backlink profile was non spammy. WOW he must be telephatic.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9637797].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nest28
        Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

        I'm gonna ignore them from now on, Even when I post useful stuff there are some ****tards who think they know it better. LIke the guy in the other thread that didn't even look at the backlink profile from the site in question but still claimed that the backlink profile was non spammy. WOW he must be telephatic.
        Hey, you don't have to tell me, I took very long break mostly because haters who wanted to argue rather than discuss IM, just don't let it get to you. As my sig says all I'm here for is to learn, not argue or worry about what other people here choose to do.

        I'll never forget the advice Yukon told me, "you can't save the world".
        Signature

        Somewhere watching Power.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9638187].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

      Niko, I felt the same way a while back, but there's no point. There will always be new marketers who don't know much, and who aren't willing to take the initiative to learn on their own. Best thing to do is either help or ignore them.
      You just have to ignore all marketers from Philly. Something in the water up there - it ain't their fault.

      Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

      As my sig says all I'm here for is to learn, not argue or worry about what other people here choose to do.
      Thats HIGHLY debatable and to be consistent you cannot argue that it isn't.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9638258].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nest28
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post



        Thats HIGHLY debatable and to be consistent you cannot argue that it isn't.
        First don't spend to much time here, second soon as you see the tell, tell signs of a troll trying to sucker you into an argument, leave. It's that simple, right now I'm dead serious about what I do, no time for petty people.

        For the most part I just lurk and learn lol.
        Signature

        Somewhere watching Power.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9638523].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by nest28 View Post

          First don't spend to much time here, second soon as you see the tell, tell signs of a troll trying to sucker you into an argument, leave. It's that simple, right now I'm dead serious about what I do, no time for petty people.

          For the most part I just lurk and learn lol.

          Should I have put a smiley at the end of my last post or have you lost your sense of humor? Don't make me come over to philly and do my Carlton "Its not unusual" dance in your living room.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9638725].message }}

Trending Topics