I have been running my website for about one year and I am fed-up of my terrible page ranking.
I have read allot about SEO, most I understood and some not so much. I will elaborate below all the changes I have done to date. Even with all the changes I have done below, my page rankings and site traffic is still horrible!
I run a Wordpress website, so for Wordpress I have done the following:
• Installed Yoast WPSEO. I have read numerous articles and watched countless videos, I am confident that I have the upmost configuration.
• I have installed a SEO image optimizer.
• Yoast Google analytics, also installed.
To improve page speed, I have:
• I have installed an image compressor.
• I have installed a caching program
• I have installed a database optimizer.
The only thing I haven't done to improve page speed is signup for a CDN.
As far as content is concerned, I produce good content and use Yoast to use the correct keywords for my content. I add content to my website on a daily basis.
I share my content on Social medias, Facebook, Twitter, Google+
I have a personal and business page for Facebook, Twitter and Google+
This leads me to backlinks! I know this plays a major role, however I don't know how to proceed to create good Backlinks.
I could really use and would definitely appreciate your comments and guidance; to be honest I think I was getting better page ranking with a vanilla installation of Wordpress.